Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

How is the first week of April, crowds/weather?

I know the whole crowd thing is somewhat dependent on when Easter falls, so because is is later..touring plans is showing 9's and 10's more mid April...I have always assumed all of April would be busy with spring breaks but I see that early April is 6's 7's....For those of who have gone in April and it was 2-3 weeks ahead of Easter do you think that is true???

We were planning a trip for May, I have NEVER traveled anywhere for our kids spring breaks because always thought it would be crazy busy, but now we are considering it. It would be nice to not pull the kids out of school.

We would be at Disney April 1-8.

What is the weather typically like?

Thanks so much!
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Disneyforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:31 PM   #2
homedad
DIS Veteran

we will be there the same time and I also would never go at Easter, according to the UG its better than summer crowd wise and the heat won't be killer. My wife is a teacher and we used to sneak for a week in Sept but can't do that anymore. The weather looks to be low 60's in am to 80's. looking forward to disney and not melting. Have fun.
homedad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
PrincessTiffany
Is there anything better than Free Dining and Fastpasses?

Weather is GREAT in April. The crowds will be large. That's smack dab in the middle of Spring Break season.
PrincessTiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
mrscramer
Earning My Ears

We were there two years ago at that time and will be there this year 2 to 8 also. We found for us (kids were 5 & 7) that getting there at rope drop was a great idea as the crowds are lower in the morning time. We would stay through lunch the go back before dinner. It was always very busy when we left after lunch. We are okay with leaving and coming back. I want a relaxing vacation and do not feel like I have to do everything.
mrscramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
snipe523
Earning My Ears

I find the weather is usually about perfect in early April. It gets hot, but not usually uncomfortably so. The crowds are pretty big but with a good use of fast pass and some planning you wont waste a lot of time waiting in lines and such.
snipe523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

Wonderful, I think we will plan to do rope drops (we like that anyway) and then be able to go back to the resort to swim and eat, and then head back to the park later. I also like getting FP for something when we leave the park in the afternoon and then use them when we go back at night!

Thanks everyone!
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Disneyforus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: