Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2011, 05:39 AM   #1
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Southwest boarding group B--how bad is that? Need quick reassurance pls!

I checked in right at the 24 hour mark, and had a little problem with my phone...we ended up with B9, B21, B22 and B24. We don't want to be at the front of the plane, we just want two + two seats (kids 7 and 10) or maybe 3+1, maybe within sight of each other! Are we going to be ok? I haven't flown SW in a couple of years, last time checkign in on time got us easily in A.

(Our flight is this afternoon from MHT.)

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:58 AM   #2
DISNEY FIX
DIS Veteran

It's all good you guys will find seats together. Have a great trip.
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2011, 06:19 AM   #3
Paging Tom Morrow
DIS Veteran

You'llwind up near the back of the plane, but will get a seating situation you feel comfortable with.
Boardwalk Villas - 2006, 2012
Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa - 2009, 2013
Contemporary Resort - 2002
Yacht Club - 2004
Walt Disney Swan - 2005
Old Key West - 2012
Polynesian Resort - 2014
Paging Tom Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:38 AM   #4
palhockeymomof2
DIS Veteran

agree with the above posters......i forgot to check my son and his girlfriend in once and they had B57 and B58....they found 2 seats together in the back of the plane
palhockeymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys, that makes me feel better. I checked the website and they are still selling seats in two fare categories, so I'm guessing it's not full or overbooked.

1st trip May/June 06
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

Old 02-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #6
Royal Duke of Epcot
Earning My Ears

Overbooked or not you will be fine. you will be the 50-80th people to get on a plane that likely seats 150. A1-15 are reserved for business travel and the people who pay extra...its never really 15 people. so the A 1-60 will be about 50 people, then they will offer spots to people traveling with little kids. the back half of the plane will still be relatively empty for ya.

HRH Duke of Epcot
Royal Duke of Epcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

THank you!

(Now I have to figure out how to edit my ticker b/c it's looking really lame right now...)

1st trip May/June 06

Old 02-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
zumbergc
DIS Veteran

You'll most likely be in the back of the plane. However sometimes it depends on how many of the family boarding that occurs between boarding of A & B.

We have had b's several times, and worried about being seperated.
I would say. Don't be afraid to ask people who are 1 in the row of 3, if the seats are emtpy and sit 2 & 2.

We've noticed that on boarding sometimes, lots of 1 person in the seats of 3. So, now we just ask if they are taken, and grab ourselves a seat towards the front. Sometimes people travel alone, although sometimes they are wanting to save seats for others.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #9
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

do prepare your kids tho for worse case scenarios and that would be sitting away from you. While you will probably have no problem at least finding 2 and 2 somewhere on the plane there are always circumstances beyond your control that could effect that. If there is weather and flights get combined and the flight is packed, if it is a connecting flight and is 3/4 full before you get on, if it is your connecting flight and you are late getting there cause your first leg was late., you get held up in a long security line and you are last on board. Because you have older kids the FA's will not spend a lot of time trying to get people to move and with kids your ages especially the 10 yr old people won't be as willing to move either so just make sure they have their own carry on with their activities for the plane with them and remind them you are all on the same plane and will all get there at the same time and to stay in there seat till you get them to get off.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:22 AM   #10
Mixie
Mouseketeer

Because you have young children, you can all board with the B9 pass, regardless of what the other passes say. They will not split up parents from kids just because of the boarding pass number. B9 is very good and you will have *no* problems getting seats together.
Mixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:08 AM   #11
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Last time we flew on SWA about 6 weeks ago, the GA announced that if your group had non-sequential boarding passes and you wanted to stay together, then everyone had to board with the highest numbered boarding pass. So they might not let the everyone board with the B9. I purchased EBCI for both my 10-year-old DS and myself, but he got A16 and I got A36. I didn't attempt to board with him, so I don't know if they would have stopped me if I'd tried. He's a seasoned SWA flyer, so I just sent him ahead and told him to save me a seat. I was about 2 minutes behind him anyway, so not a big deal. I think with B's you'll at least be able to find 2 + 2. We had C boarding passes once and still found 2 seats together.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #12
Vijoge
This one isn't itchy or scratchy
He was a sloth
This has nothing to do with Ding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
Last time we flew on SWA about 6 weeks ago, the GA announced that if your group had non-sequential boarding passes and you wanted to stay together, then everyone had to board with the highest numbered boarding pass. So they might not let the everyone board with the B9.
Yes, this is how it works.

Why are there so many angry people on the DIS?

To find out when Southwest will release fares PLEASE go to www.southwest.com and click on travel tools
Vijoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #13
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

It's been a couple fo years since flying SW....are the boarding numbers attached to a name in your group??? I'm thinking we could send our kids on ahead of us to get their seats together. The youngest is 12 and a seasoned traveller so no issues with them going ahead.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #14
DVC-Don
DIS Veteran

Location: Saratoga County, New York and Poinciana (Solivita), Florida in the winters

We once had a party of 4 with B-46 - 49 and we no problem with seating about the middle of the plane. People seem to over stress over this.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #15
Vijoge
This one isn't itchy or scratchy
He was a sloth
This has nothing to do with Ding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
It's been a couple fo years since flying SW....are the boarding numbers attached to a name in your group???
Yes, each boarding pass consists of a name and number.

Why are there so many angry people on the DIS?

To find out when Southwest will release fares PLEASE go to www.southwest.com and click on travel tools
Vijoge is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: