Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #121
Yensidfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by design_mom View Post
Again, thanks so much! I'm loving your report.

Do you happen to remember where you found this piece? I will have to make a point of finding it when we're on board (my kids were born in Russia). I will make a note, if you remember where it is.

This animated picture is on Deck 8, Forward elevators. It changes a few times a day. One day was Alaska, one day was Russia, etc.

Last edited by Yensidfan; 03-03-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Yensidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:32 AM   #122
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
wow! that chandelier in palo is amazing...not to mention the food pictures! thanks for another great update!
The chandelier is amazing, indeed! Palo was so wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Do the characters in the fareware take pictures with guests or do they just pose for people to take random pictures?
Yes! After they make their "entrance," they disperse around deck 3 and have a "meet and greet" session (with lines and everything).

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
Now I'm hungry! Thanks so much for all the pix! I agree that 'Til We Meet Again replacement doesn't seem worth sticking around.
Hahaha...those pictures make me hungry too! And yes, "See Ya Real Soon" isn't as good as "Til We Meet Again" :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa1527 View Post
Thanks for the fantastic trip report!! Just one question (I couldn't tell from the picture in the lobby) do you know if Rapunzel is one of the princesses on board? It will be my daughter's 6th birthday our 2nd day on the ship and she's already requested a Tangled birthday party. The kids have no idea we're going on the Dream but I've been showing them your pictures and they LOVE it!! Thanks again!!!
Quote:
Good question! I'd like to know which Princesses are available as well so I know which dresses to pack for DD. Last cruise we had her Snow White dress but Snow was off tending to a strike at the mine and unavailable the entire cruise.

The princesses, from left to right, are: Cinderella, Ariel, Aurora, Tiana, Belle, Snow White.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWRR3 View Post
KevieKev05, thanks for the great report and all of those photos. I was on your cruise for my birthday, and took over 600 pics, but you still showed me some things that I missed! Thanks for the time you spent on this wonderful report!
Isn't that crazy? I always find things that I missed in other people's pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by design_mom View Post
Again, thanks so much! I'm loving your report.

Do you happen to remember where you found this piece? I will have to make a point of finding it when we're on board (my kids were born in Russia). I will make a note, if you remember where it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yensidfan View Post
This animated picture is on Deck 7, Forward elevators. It changes a few times a day. One day was Alaska, one day was Russia, etc.
Thanks for the help, Yensidfan! I definitely didn't remember, haha.

Thanks again for all the comments/questions! I can't believe my trip report is almost over! The final installment should be up tonight or tomorrow!
January 21, 2011: 2-night Disney Dream (Benefit Preview Cruise) / February 3, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
May 14, 2011: 14-night Disney Magic (Eastbound Transatlantic) - TRIP REPORT / November 17, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
December 8, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream / July 28, 2012: 7-night Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean)
September 7, 2012: 5-night Disney Magic (Canada/New England Coast) / December 6, 2012: 3-night Disney Dream
May 6, 2013: 14-night Disney Wonder (Westbound Panama Canal) / December 13, 2013: 5-night Disney Magic (Western Caribbean)
April 5, 2014: 7-night Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean) / September 1, 2014: 7-night Disney Wonder (Alaska)

KevieKev05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2011, 07:36 AM   #123
design_mom
I am probably more like my dad than I care to admit
I hate touching raw meat

Quote:
This animated picture is on Deck 7, Forward elevators. It changes a few times a day. One day was Alaska, one day was Russia, etc.
Thanks so much! We'll have to keep checking till we see the "right" one!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #124
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Can't wait for final thoughts and debarkation!

If you had to miss a restaurant for Palo, which would you pick. We are doing a 4 night, so hoping to get Palo on night 1 or night 4, but if not I don't know which restaurant to skip. May be better to save Palo for a different cruise if I can't get it when I want it...
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #125
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post

If you had to miss a restaurant for Palo, which would you pick. We are doing a 4 night, so hoping to get Palo on night 1 or night 4, but if not I don't know which restaurant to skip. May be better to save Palo for a different cruise if I can't get it when I want it...
I hear you! It looks like on the 4 nights nights 3/4 are the repeating restaurant. We want to book palo and remy so we are also trying to decide which nights are best.....looking at the menus online I think enchanted garden is the one we could pass on (even though the place looks amazing!) On our last cruise we were least excited about animators menu and the beef thier was really good, as well as the potatoe soup. We really enjoyed it. We did palo on the last night, which was really nice ending to the trip.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #126
poohj80
Got Hunny?

We've actually opted out of Palo and Remy on our 1st Dream cruise so we can experience all the restaurants. It will give us an excuse to go back.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #127
jnsma
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
The picture of this picture is neat.
I'm guessing that it is one of the detective pictures. Those 4 bright spots on the outside do not look like that with the naked eye. I assume those are the sensors that are used in the detective game. As my kids played the game, I was looking closer at the frame to figure out how it worked.

Thanks for the trip report and all the pictures. We were on the same cruise. Had a very different trip, chasing 2 little kids around the ship.
jnsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:55 PM   #128
lisa1527
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=KevieKev05;40152436]The princesses, from left to right, are: Cinderella, Ariel, Aurora, Tiana, Belle, Snow White.

thank you...wasn't sure if there were some not pictured. She loves them all!! =)

lisa1527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #129
epcotrulz
Mouseketeer

My partner and I have loved reading your TR. We're going in April. What were your thoughts on the pizza -- was the BBQ chix and good?

Thanks,
Dale & Jeff
epcotrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:33 PM   #130
disneymagicgirl

Quote:
We've actually opted out of Palo and Remy on our 1st Dream cruise so we can experience all the restaurants. It will give us an excuse to go back.
I was thinking that is what we may do...
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
Old 03-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #131
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
I hear you! It looks like on the 4 nights nights 3/4 are the repeating restaurant. We want to book palo and remy so we are also trying to decide which nights are best.....looking at the menus online I think enchanted garden is the one we could pass on (even though the place looks amazing!) On our last cruise we were least excited about animators menu and the beef thier was really good, as well as the potatoe soup. We really enjoyed it. We did palo on the last night, which was really nice ending to the trip.
Quote:
I agree with poohj80. Honestly, I would try and eat at all the rotational restaurants first before dining at Palo or Remy. That's just my personal opinion and others might disagree. However, if one were to be missed, I would probably say Enchanted Garden. What you could do is eat at Enchanted Garden for embarkation lunch so that you can "experience" the restaurant at least, and then miss your dinner in that restaurant for Palo or Remy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsma View Post
I'm guessing that it is one of the detective pictures. Those 4 bright spots on the outside do not look like that with the naked eye. I assume those are the sensors that are used in the detective game. As my kids played the game, I was looking closer at the frame to figure out how it worked.

Thanks for the trip report and all the pictures. We were on the same cruise. Had a very different trip, chasing 2 little kids around the ship.
Actually, I don't think it was one of the pictures for the detective game, but rather just a normal "enchanted" art picture that comes to life when you stand in front of it.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevieKev05 View Post
The princesses, from left to right, are: Cinderella, Ariel, Aurora, Tiana, Belle, Snow White.
thank you...wasn't sure if there were some not pictured. She loves them all!! =)
You're welcome! Those six were the only ones out for the gathering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epcotrulz View Post
My partner and I have loved reading your TR. We're going in April. What were your thoughts on the pizza -- was the BBQ chix and good?

Thanks,
Dale & Jeff
I enjoy the pizza for a quick snack (and eat at least 2 slices each time I go there!). Though I didn't try the BBQ chicken pizza, James did, and said it was good! I'm a plain cheese or pepperoni kind of guy, and those pizzas sufficiently did the job for me!
January 21, 2011: 2-night Disney Dream (Benefit Preview Cruise) / February 3, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
May 14, 2011: 14-night Disney Magic (Eastbound Transatlantic) - TRIP REPORT / November 17, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
December 8, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream / July 28, 2012: 7-night Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean)
September 7, 2012: 5-night Disney Magic (Canada/New England Coast) / December 6, 2012: 3-night Disney Dream
May 6, 2013: 14-night Disney Wonder (Westbound Panama Canal) / December 13, 2013: 5-night Disney Magic (Western Caribbean)
April 5, 2014: 7-night Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean) / September 1, 2014: 7-night Disney Wonder (Alaska)

Last edited by KevieKev05; 03-03-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:20 AM   #132
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
I agree with poohj80. Honestly, I would try and eat at all the rotational restaurants first before dining at Palo or Remy. That's just my personal opinion and others might disagree. However, if one were to be missed, I would probably say Enchanted Garden. What you could do is eat at Enchanted Garden for embarkation lunch so that you can "experience" the restaurant at least, and then miss your dinner in that restaurant for Palo or Remy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsma View Post

Actually, I don't think it was one of the pictures for the detective game, but rather just a normal "enchanted" art picture that comes to life when you stand in front of it.

Quote:
Quote:
You're welcome! Those six were the only ones out for the gathering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epcotrulz View Post

Thanks,
Dale & Jeff
I enjoy the pizza for a quick snack (and eat at least 2 slices each time I go there!). Though I didn't try the BBQ chicken pizza, James did, and said it was good! I'm a plain cheese or pepperoni kind of guy, and those pizzas sufficiently did the job for me!

Old 03-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #133
FirstTimeDC
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the report! I enjoyed it very much!!!
FirstTimeDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #134
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
We can't do that...we're heading straight to the pool and the Aqua Duck!

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #135
disneymagicgirl

My BFF is not a DISer or really that into Disney, but she went on a DCL trip with us 9/09 so I sent her a link to your report. She is hooked on it. I have gotten several texts back asking when the rest will be posted....like I am a mind reader.
That means you must be a great writer!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: