Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #46
budbeerlady
I call DH The STREAK!!
Sorry honey, no world series tonight, Poo Watch 2006 is going on!

Thanks for this GREAT trip report!!! I am reading up for our 1st Disney cruise and this has been very helpful!!!!! Cannot wait to read more!
Nov 2013 1st Disney Run * Oct 2012 Dream'n Again * Oct 2011 Dd Birthday Cruise* Dec 2010 its all family! *August 2009 ASMu * Nov. 2008 Girls Trip POP * Aug 2008 CBR * Oct. 2007 POP for DD Birthday Trip * Dec. 2006 AKL * Dec. 2005 POFQ for 1st Family Trip* http://stretchingittotravel.wordpress.com/

budbeerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #47
scrapycruiser
DIS Veteran

This the BEST trip report I've read yet !! Your pictures are awesome !!
Thanks soooooooo much for posting !!
It's so refreshing to have a positive review !!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #48
Timon

DIS Junkie

Great report so far

I felt the same way about Skyline but the background I kept seeing was Chicago

I feel sorry for that little girl who was scared enough to pee herself, she must have been really scared to do that!!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:21 PM   #49
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S'sMom View Post
Thanks a bunch for the information Now I can do the happy . I just love cute free stuff.
You're welcome! Free goodies are always a good thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKP View Post
Thank you so much for posting. I am loving this! However, DH is complaining. sigh
Complaining?! But why?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWRR3 View Post
We were on that cruise, too, and really enjoying your report. And the great photos! Not to detract from your photo skills, but what camera do you use?
Thanks!
Wow...thanks for your kind words about my photos! It's funny, because I'm not overly pleased with them. As a matter of fact, I just purchased a Nikon D3100 DSLR camera so I can take even better pictures! But, the camera I used for this cruise was a Canon PowerShot SD850 IS (http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerSho...7815369&sr=8-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennLK View Post
“Red Carpet Arrivals” occurred, and outside the theatre, Rona Rivers is interviewing people, and in the balcony, a guy (already forgot his “name”, but he performed Hades in “Villains Tonight” and the Genie in “Believe”) was interviewing people.

Did you see my daughter get interviewed ? She thought it was the coolest thing to ever happen in her whole 11 years LOL.

We were at the 5 o clock show as well.
I totally remember her! And I'm glad it was such an enjoyable experience for her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennLK View Post
Great report. I wanted to do a TR on this sailing as well but I didn't take nearly as many pictures as you did. I was so busy doing everything I forgot to snap away !!
I completely understand! To give you an idea, I took roughly 150-200 photos on my 2-night preview cruise because I was just so busy taking it all in. On this 3-night cruise, I took almost 1,000 photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemom View Post
Thank you for such great pictures and TR.
I simply cannot say thank you enough for answering my questions here and there.

we leave in the morning to go to FL....

my report will just fill in the blanks so to speak from a kid perspective as i am travelling with two kids and family members ages 1-65.

No internet for us till we get back...
Have a great cruise! I know you'll have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by budbeerlady View Post
Thanks for this GREAT trip report!!! I am reading up for our 1st Disney cruise and this has been very helpful!!!!! Cannot wait to read more!
Thank you so much! I hope to have another update tonight or tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapycruiser View Post
This the BEST trip report I've read yet !! Your pictures are awesome !!
Thanks soooooooo much for posting !!
It's so refreshing to have a positive review !!
Wow...I appreciate your kind words! I'm glad you're enjoying reading the report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Great report so far

I felt the same way about Skyline but the background I kept seeing was Chicago

I feel sorry for that little girl who was scared enough to pee herself, she must have been really scared to do that!!
Hahaha...I was getting so frustrated with Skyline! It's such a neat area though, so I couldn't be too upset.
January 21, 2011: 2-night Disney Dream (Benefit Preview Cruise) / February 3, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
May 14, 2011: 14-night Disney Magic (Eastbound Transatlantic) - TRIP REPORT / November 17, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
December 8, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream / July 28, 2012: 7-night Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean)
September 7, 2012: 5-night Disney Magic (Canada/New England Coast) / December 6, 2012: 3-night Disney Dream
May 6, 2013: 14-night Disney Wonder (Westbound Panama Canal) / December 13, 2013: 5-night Disney Magic (Western Caribbean)
April 5, 2014: 7-night Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean) / September 1, 2014: 7-night Disney Wonder (Alaska)

KevieKev05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:19 PM   #50
Dizney73
DIS Veteran

Love, love, loving this TR! We are onboard the Dream in August! I am just loving all of your little tidbits and tours!

Dizney73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #51
twins4disney
Mouseketeer

Skyline question, I am guessing that the backgrounds change? I have tried looking up different areas in the ship, but find it difficult to find a lot of good info all in one place.
twins4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #52
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4disney View Post
Skyline question, I am guessing that the backgrounds change? I have tried looking up different areas in the ship, but find it difficult to find a lot of good info all in one place.
Yes! I don't know how frequently they change, but there are five cities it supposedly rotates through. The city shown in my pictures is of Rio de Janeiro. The other cities are New York, Chicago, Paris, and Hong Kong. It really is a neat lounge!
January 21, 2011: 2-night Disney Dream (Benefit Preview Cruise) / February 3, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
May 14, 2011: 14-night Disney Magic (Eastbound Transatlantic) - TRIP REPORT / November 17, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
December 8, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream / July 28, 2012: 7-night Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean)
September 7, 2012: 5-night Disney Magic (Canada/New England Coast) / December 6, 2012: 3-night Disney Dream
May 6, 2013: 14-night Disney Wonder (Westbound Panama Canal) / December 13, 2013: 5-night Disney Magic (Western Caribbean)
April 5, 2014: 7-night Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean) / September 1, 2014: 7-night Disney Wonder (Alaska)

Old 02-17-2011, 06:37 AM   #53
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

DAY 2 - February 4th, 2011 - Nassau (Part 2)

We were waiting outside the Walt Disney Theatre by 4:30pm. The doors opened within a few minutes, and off we went to get our seats. While waiting for the show to start, Pain and Panic come through the theatre interacting with guests.

Once it was show time, Pain and Panic went onto the stage and the show began! Now, I was skeptical about this show based on what I’ve heard and read. Though it is definitely my least favorite show that DCL offers, it isn’t *too* awful. It had its moments. And it had its shortcomings. I thoroughly enjoyed the “Emperor’s New Groove” portion as well as the Cruella segment. However, there was no Dr. Facilier scene that I was looking forward to...it appears this isn’t in the version on the Dream. Is it in the version on the Magic? I remember watching rehearsal footage from when they were developing the show...I’m curious as to what happened. Also, the initial casting notice for the Dream included Facilier! Interesting...anyway, here are some pictures:

Last edited by KevieKev05; 03-02-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:38 AM   #54
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

After the show, we went back to our stateroom to change for dinner. This is the sight we saw from our porthole as we were leaving Nassau:

I’m not sure what was going on! Once we changed, we went downstairs to peruse the gift shop some more and this time I took a picture of some of the “Maiden Voyage” apparel that was still being sold.

At about 7:30, we went up to the upper decks to prepare for “Mickey’s Pirates in the Caribbean” party that was starting at 8:00.

As we were waiting, we noticed that another cruise ship was pretty close to us!

The party started and it was definitely cute and character heavy. We were being taught how to be a pirate and then low and behold, Captain Hook comes along to challenge Mickey. Not thinking we now know the pirate ways, Captain Hook is shocked when we know all about being a pirate and thus loses! Yay for Mickey and friends! Here are some pictures:

Old 02-17-2011, 06:39 AM   #55
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

At about 8:20-8:25 it ended, so we booked it downstairs for our 8:30 seating in Animator’s Palate. It was CRAZY down there. People everywhere waiting to get in and you could hardly move. I felt bad for the people just trying to pass through the area. Once again, let me reiterate that it is NOT necessary to be there at your precise seating time.

The doors opened, and we were directed to our table. We didn’t have to walk far...it was just off the main path on the interior of the restaurant (not near a video screen for Crush interactions). And know that the tables here are incredibly close together...everything was really tight in this restaurant.

Now, we walked through this restaurant during the day on our Preview Cruise, and though it was neat, I definitely missed the “black and white” to “color” feel of the Animator’s from the Magic and Wonder. I came into this dinner with an open-mind, and once we left I loved it for it’s differences! However, we did notice just how PIXAR heavy this restaurant is. There are barely a handful of figures and references that AREN’T Pixar. Interesting...

Anyway, here are some of the initial pictures I took:

For appetizers, James ordered the black truffle pasta and I ordered the mushroom risotto:

James’ was SO good that, after I tasted it, I asked for my own dish!

Around the time the appetizers arrived, we were “transported” under the sea for our dinner adventure! They did this with some neat lighting effects and we enjoyed a lovely blue lighting scheme throughout the meal since we were “underwater”! As we were eating our appetizers, Crush came on one of the screens near us and we listened in on his conversation. At this point I took some more interior shots of the restaurant and then my cheddar and baked potato soup arrived.

While enjoying the soup, we saw Bloat pass on by the screens around us.

Before we knew it, our entrees arrived! James got the trio of veal:

And I got the white shrimp pennette pasta:

After devouring our entrees, it was time for dessert!:

While waiting for our desserts, we saw the moonfish making figures near us:

Old 02-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #56
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

Our desserts arrived promptly. I ordered the lemon mousse and dense chocolate cake (both were "no-sugar added" and that wasn’t intentional). They were just average in my opinion.

James got the chocolate brownie cheesecake and loved it! (Sorry, no picture.)

There was an interactive component to this meal involving playing a sort of “Simon Says” with Crush. Our servers were REALLY into this, and made sure to get us involved! As the meal was ending, the video screens became artist sketches of Pixar characters:

And one screen was showing the “blue screen of death” most computer users are familiar with:

While walking out (at around 10:00), we spotted a non-Pixar character amidst all the Pixar ones, so we were sure to take a picture!

We went straight up to the upper decks to stake out a spot for the “Buccaneer Blast” fireworks show. We found a spot easily, but as 10:30 got closer and closer, the crowd got larger and larger! The fireworks went off a little late, but it was a lovely show.

At the conclusion, all focus was to the stage for “Club Pirate”. This show is definitely geared more toward an older crowd as it’s darker, but I REALLY liked it. The dancer costumes were awesome and slightly scary and then they performed a spectacular dance number. Captain Jack Sparrow even made an appearance! Here are the photos I took from “Club Pirate”:

Once that ended, we went back to our room to start winding down for the night. Here’s the bed we came back to...it took us awhile to figure out the towel animal, haha.

We turned on “D2: The Mighty Ducks” and fell asleep before we knew it. Next up, CASTAWAY CAY!

TO BE CONTINUED...

Old 02-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #57
Señor DonDuck
DIS Veteran

Nice show and food pics! BSOD = too funny
Señor DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #58
DisneyMomforLife
DIS Veteran

Wow ...

Your TR is amazing and the photos are spectacular!

We have cruised on the Magic for an Eastern and been on the Wonder twice for 3 day trips and love it.

I will say that we are planning a cruise for next April and had been planning on waiting for one of the newer ships and hoping that the kids vacation falls on a Western sailing. At some point, the REST of my family seemed to have FORGOTTEN that plan and we are now for some crazy reason going back and forth between trying out RCCL or just sticking with what we know, even though we'll be on the 2nd or even 3rd sailing of the Fantasy.

I will say, your photos and report make me LONG to be back with DCL. I don't think I could FULLY enjoy a RCCL cruise knowing what I would be missing out on. Thanks!!!

Kat

~ Disney Wonder October 2006 ~ Disney Magic April 2008 ~ Disney Wonder May 2009 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~
DH 41 ME 39 DD13 DS21
Bosco DDog3 Coco DDog2
DisneyMomforLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #59
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Great report and pictures, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear more!!!!

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: