Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #31
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

DAY 2 - February 4th, 2011 - Nassau (Part 1)

We woke up at about 8:00am. I think we were woken up by noises, but I can’t remember. All I know is that I typically wouldn’t have been up that early, haha. But it actually worked out. I opened the curtains covering our porthole to this:

We were almost to Nassau! I sat on the ledge and watched Nassau get closer and closer.

There’s a shadow of someone in the bridge wing!

View once we docked:

Our wave phones...the one never worked the whole cruise (it says “No Network” and even the date and time are wrong!

We were fully docked at about 9:15am. By this point we had started to get ready for the day, and soon enough we were out of our room and heading upstairs to Cabanas for a breakfast buffet.

Krispy Kreme donuts!

Once we finished breakfast and since we knew we weren’t going to get off the ship, we decided to do what? EXPLORE! We just love walking around the ship!

The scene here only got worse as the day wore on...a lot of people had the same idea we did about not getting off the ship!

Something is supposed to go here...we’re curious as to what it’s supposed to be and when it will show up (outside the balcony entrance to the Walt Disney Theatre):

They can split up the D-Lounge with this wall/divider thing...neat!
January 21, 2011: 2-night Disney Dream (Benefit Preview Cruise) / February 3, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
May 14, 2011: 14-night Disney Magic (Eastbound Transatlantic) - TRIP REPORT / November 17, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
December 8, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream / July 28, 2012: 7-night Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean)
September 7, 2012: 5-night Disney Magic (Canada/New England Coast) / December 6, 2012: 3-night Disney Dream
May 6, 2013: 14-night Disney Wonder (Westbound Panama Canal) / December 13, 2013: 5-night Disney Magic (Western Caribbean)
April 5, 2014: 7-night Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean) / September 1, 2014: 7-night Disney Wonder (Alaska)

Last edited by KevieKev05; 03-02-2011 at 08:21 PM.
KevieKev05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #32
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

Back to Skyline Lounge we went...and what was the scene?! RIO! Again!

Two of my FAVORITE Enchanted Art pieces! If you stand in front of the ship, the “portraits” fire at each other!

Before we knew it, we were midship in the atrium.

And look who was there!

I wanted to try something coffee-like, so we walked just a few feet to the Vista Cafe:

I got a caramel latte frappe!

James decided he wanted to play the “Midship Detective Agency” game again, so he got it all set up and we went around the ship to find the Enchanted Art pieces and looking for clues. In the end, we found the culprit responsible for the missing puppies to be...the EVIL QUEEN!

Walking through one of the stateroom corridors (in search of our rooms for our December cruise), we saw this (we couldn’t believe someone set this out in the hallway...and the hallways aren’t that big to begin with!):

Next, we were wanting to try the “Drink of the Day”, so we went up to deck 11 to the Quiet Cove Bar. The “Drink of the Day” was an Apple Madras:

As we were sitting in our loungers sipping on our drinks, we saw the Carnival Sensation (who was docked with us at Port Canaveral) arriving in Nassau next to us:

After we finished our drinks, we decided to check out the line for the AquaDuck. It wasn’t too bad, so we decided to ride it together. The wait was about 10 minutes long. As we were nearing the loading area, James spotted A LOT of water running down a girl (of about 6 or 7 years old) running down her legs. He turned to me and said this girl was peeing! I said, nah! They’re probably just dripping from their last ride on the AquaDuck. However, there was no water leading up to her...she REALLY was PEEING! I guess she was awfully scared and nervous about riding the AquaDuck! But seriously, she peed right in the line on the steps just before getting in the raft. Her dad didn’t seem to care, and they got on their raft. I thought I had seen everything, until some boy behind them starting moving his FEET around IN IT! I guess he didn’t realize it was urine! He thought it was just standing water! Thankfully the lifeguard loading guests in rafts knew what happened and moved the stanchion to block off this area and kept the line from going through the puddle. He called for someone to clean it up, and by the time we got in our raft (approximately 3 minutes later), someone was already there handling it. Wow. What an experience!

After we had our fun on the AquaDuck, we went back to our room to change into dry clothes. Here’s what we opened our door to:

After changing, we headed back up to Cabanas for lunch! At this point, I feel I must say that I truly love Cabanas. I always found something to eat and we found we ate there a lot in this short 3-night cruise! Anyway, this time they were serving sushi!

Once we devoured our scrumptious lunch, we knew they were doing character meet and greets INSIDE D-Lounge, so we went to check it out. Sure enough, they had two fun backgrounds set up with Donald and Mickey! There were NO lines, so we went up to each and said hello! Mickey’s attendant played Rapunzel the night before in “The Golden Mickeys”. We absolutely LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, her, so I took the moment to tell her what a wonderful job she didn’t the night before. She shyly said thank you before turning a little red. I’m sure she probably doesn’t hear that too much from guests as most guests don’t realize the performers do double duty on the ship!
January 21, 2011: 2-night Disney Dream (Benefit Preview Cruise) / February 3, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
May 14, 2011: 14-night Disney Magic (Eastbound Transatlantic) - TRIP REPORT / November 17, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
December 8, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream / July 28, 2012: 7-night Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean)
September 7, 2012: 5-night Disney Magic (Canada/New England Coast) / December 6, 2012: 3-night Disney Dream
May 6, 2013: 14-night Disney Wonder (Westbound Panama Canal) / December 13, 2013: 5-night Disney Magic (Western Caribbean)
April 5, 2014: 7-night Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean) / September 1, 2014: 7-night Disney Wonder (Alaska)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #33
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

At this point, the atrium was EMPTY, so we enjoyed a little “photo shoot” all by ourselves. I also took time to photograph the chandelier some more, as well as the detailing found throughout the atrium:

And I just had to photograph the LONG, EMPTY hallway next to the Royal Palace restaurant, leading to Animator’s Palate:

Next, we decided to walk around the open deck portion of deck 4. We noticed that the Dream was currently unloading a bunch of garbage:

Making the “circle” around the ship, we found the entrance to “Vibe”:

And I took a picture of the ship on our other side, the NCL Epic:

Soon enough, we found our way back to our room to notice yet MORE goodies! This time, from DVC (I am a DVC member):

We chilled for a second or two, then found our way back to the atrium to check out this “Princess Gathering” (six princesses! WOW!):

After some time, and more walking, we, yet AGAIN, were back in our stateroom. This time for a significant amount of time to “chillax.” We put on “Monsters, Inc.” and I may or may not have closed my eyes for about 10 minutes. Before we knew it, it was time to head down to the Walt Disney Theatre for “Villains Tonight!”

TO BE CONTINUED!

Old 02-13-2011, 11:30 PM   #34
newmommy_2010
Mouseketeer

I have been looking at different TR's and yours is GREAT! My DH is wanting to take a 3 night cruise before we head to the parks next October. We have a son who would be 2 years old at the time of the cruise and I am unsure how he will do and also me. Everyone says the boats are huge and you can't feel them moving. Any advice?
Discovery Toys Independent Consultant www.discoverytoyslink.com/ashleysdtoys2011

newmommy_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #35
twins4disney
Mouseketeer

Love the updated pics! We are also DVC members, did you let the ship know you were cruising, or do they have something that flags DVC members?
twins4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #36
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy_2010 View Post
I have been looking at different TR's and yours is GREAT! My DH is wanting to take a 3 night cruise before we head to the parks next October. We have a son who would be 2 years old at the time of the cruise and I am unsure how he will do and also me. Everyone says the boats are huge and you can't feel them moving. Any advice?
The only time I felt the ship moving (and this has been the same for all my cruise experiences) was the first night. It was slight though, and other than that, I didn't feel anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4disney View Post
Love the updated pics! We are also DVC members, did you let the ship know you were cruising, or do they have something that flags DVC members?
They just "knew!" We have always received the DVC goodies on our cruises without having to mention anything! However, if you happen to get "skipped," just go down to the DVC desk and let them know, and they'll take care of it.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #37
Señor DonDuck
DIS Veteran

Wonderful day 2 report! Well, minus the AquaDuck line experience
Señor DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #38
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevieKev05 View Post
Soon enough, we found our way back to our room to notice yet MORE goodies! This time, from DVC (I am a DVC member):

TO BE CONTINUED!
Awesome pics!!! Keep em coming

Question?? Do they give all DVC members those items, or do you have to cruise on the points? I am a fairly new DVC member (Since June 2010). This is our first cruise as DVC members but we are not using points.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #39
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor DonDuck View Post
Wonderful day 2 report! Well, minus the AquaDuck line experience
Thank you! And I still can't believe that AquaDuck experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S'sMom View Post
Awesome pics!!! Keep em coming

Question?? Do they give all DVC members those items, or do you have to cruise on the points? I am a fairly new DVC member (Since June 2010). This is our first cruise as DVC members but we are not using points.
Thanks! All DVC members get those items regardless if you are sailing on points or not. If you've been "missed," just let the CM at the DVC desk know!

Old 02-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #40
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevieKev05 View Post
Thanks! All DVC members get those items regardless if you are sailing on points or not. If you've been "missed," just let the CM at the DVC desk know!
Thanks a bunch for the information Now I can do the happy . I just love cute free stuff.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #41
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for posting. I am loving this! However, DH is complaining. sigh
MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #42
FWRR3
Engineer for "The Little FWRR"

We were on that cruise, too, and really enjoying your report. And the great photos! Not to detract from your photo skills, but what camera do you use?
Thanks!

http://littleFWRR.com/
FWRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #43
JennLK
DIS Veteran

“Red Carpet Arrivals” occurred, and outside the theatre, Rona Rivers is interviewing people, and in the balcony, a guy (already forgot his “name”, but he performed Hades in “Villains Tonight” and the Genie in “Believe”) was interviewing people.

Did you see my daughter get interviewed ? She thought it was the coolest thing to ever happen in her whole 11 years LOL.[IMG][/IMG]

We were at the 5 o clock show as well.

Cruise: Fantasy 8/14 * MSC Divina 4/14 * Norwegian Breakaway 1/14 * Magic 11/13 * Fantasy 9/12 * Dream 1/12 * Dream 2/11
WDW: Off-site (Bonnet Creek) 01/13 and 11/11 SSR 1/11 and CSR/CBR 12/06-1/07
JennLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #44
JennLK
DIS Veteran

Great report. I wanted to do a TR on this sailing as well but I didn't take nearly as many pictures as you did. I was so busy doing everything I forgot to snap away !!

Cruise: Fantasy 8/14 * MSC Divina 4/14 * Norwegian Breakaway 1/14 * Magic 11/13 * Fantasy 9/12 * Dream 1/12 * Dream 2/11
WDW: Off-site (Bonnet Creek) 01/13 and 11/11 SSR 1/11 and CSR/CBR 12/06-1/07
JennLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #45
orangemom
OrangeMom

thanks for the TR ...leaving for our trip

Thank you for such great pictures and TR.
I simply cannot say thank you enough for answering my questions here and there.

we leave in the morning to go to FL....

my report will just fill in the blanks so to speak from a kid perspective as i am travelling with two kids and family members ages 1-65.

No internet for us till we get back...
orangemom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: