Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #16
twins4disney
Mouseketeer

Here's to the next update! I have shown my kids your pictures and they are beyond excited!! Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us
twins4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #17
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

DAY 1 - February 3rd, 2011 - Port Canaveral (Part 2)

The doors to the Walt Disney Theatre opened at a little after 4:30pm. They DID scan IDs to verify you were at the appropriate show time. If you weren’t, you were directed to the standby line. We got “MY” seats (7th row center on the lower level) and I was a happy camper. I noticed that 7th row center on the Dream is a bit of a different view than 7th row center on the Magic/Wonder but it was still fine for me! (On the Magic/Wonder, the elevation is “steeper” than the Dream, so I was used to be at about eye level with the performers. On the Dream, the seating area doesn’t elevate as much in the front of the theatre, so I feel I was at about eye level with their feet.)

“Red Carpet Arrivals” occurred, and outside the theatre, Rona Rivers is interviewing people, and in the balcony, a guy (already forgot his “name”, but he performed Hades in “Villains Tonight” and the Genie in “Believe”) was interviewing people.

The show started with Cruise Director Rachel talking to us, and then the show itself began!

Notice how Goofy is “articulated” now (which was weird since he was the only one in the show who was...inconsistent!):

April 25, 2010: 4-night Disney Wonder - TRIP REPORT
July 20, 2010: 5-night Disney Wonder (Key West)
December 2, 2010: 3-night Disney Wonder
January 21, 2011: 2-night Disney Dream (Benefit Preview Cruise)
February 3, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
May 14, 2011: 14-night Disney Magic (Eastbound Transatlantic) - TRIP REPORT
November 17, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream - TRIP REPORT
December 8, 2011: 3-night Disney Dream
July 28, 2012: 7-night Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean)
September 7, 2012: 5-night Disney Magic (Canada/New England Coast)
December 6, 2012: 3-night Disney Dream
May 6, 2013: 14-night Disney Wonder (Westbound Panama Canal)
December 13, 2013: 5-night Disney Magic (Western Caribbean)

KevieKev05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #18
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

The new additions are pretty decent. I’m not the hugest fan of the Little Mermaid segment addition (and also, if you notice in the pictures, Ariel didn’t do her “aerial ballet” tonight...which was weird considering this scene was all about her...must have been a technical issue or something). It’s funny to see how “Ensign Benson” gets involved in this number...she’s the octopus looking character in the pictures. Goofy just seemed out of place in this scene, though. The addition of “Tangled” and the “Beauty and the Beast” transformation number to the show were wonderful.

The show ended, and we got out of there as fast as we could because we had things that needed to get done right away! The shops had just opened, so James went straight there to get all the merchandise we had been eyeing before it sold out (note: it never did, haha). I went straight to the “Future Cruise Sales” desk, since it had just opened, to book our December cruise (a room for us, and a room for my parents). We had been keeping an eye on the staterooms available for a couple of weeks prior, and noticed staterooms kept disappearing daily, so we wanted to book this as soon as we could onboard to reap all the benefits and to hopefully get rooms we wanted! The deck 6 aft facing verandah rooms we were eyeing had already been taken, so we opted for our second choice: deck 6 aft connecting deluxe family oceanview staterooms (the type we were in for this specific cruise). As I was booking it, James stopped by to show off the goodies before heading back downstairs to the shops because he realized he really wanted yet another item that he was debating purchasing.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #19
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

We went upstairs to drop off all our newly acquired goodies in our stateroom. James started to get ready for dinner, while I went upstairs to grab a quick bite to eat. The menu at Royal Palace is definitely not my favorite, so I knew I better eat something beforehand. I ended up grabbing a burger and fries from Tow Mater Grill.

I went back downstairs, ate the food, and got to hear from James all about how WONDERFUL the rain shower head is in our bathroom! Yeah, yeah, yeah, James....I guess I better go see for myself! I must say...he wasn’t lying! It was a nice change from what we’re used to in the staterooms on DCL (where you have to bend down to actually wet your hair under the shower head).

After we got ready, we still had plenty of time before dinner. Guess it’s time to do yet more exploring! We found our way back to the shops (since I hadn’t been in them yet), the atrium, the Vista Gallery, Shutters (to look in our photo “book”), and the District (where they had a snack buffet set up, and James enjoyed a few wings). At this point, I must say: we went into the Skyline Lounge NUMEROUS times throughout this cruise and all we saw were “Paris” and “Rio de Janeiro”. Either we had bad timing, or they were only rotating through these two cities, haha. Here are some pictures from all this recent exploring:

(Laundry room):

Before we knew it, we were back up on the open decks walking around. We stopped by the Quiet Cove Cafe and had a plate of cheese and crackers. Walking past the Funnel Vision screen, we saw “Beauty and the Beast” was just starting. We took a few more pictures before heading back downstairs for dinner.

We were standing outside Royal Palace by 8:20 and there was already a crowd. NOTE: you definitely don’t have to be there early to storm through the doors. We always end up there early because we are antsy and HUNGRY and have nothing better to do, haha! The doors opened right around 8:30, and into the restaurant we went! We were directed to our table (table 10) which ended up being in a smaller, secluded room. Walking into the room, we noticed there were only three 8-top tables and a server station. Also, the walls revealed that this room was themed to “The Princess and the Frog”! They presented our table to us, but there were only 4 place settings set at this 8-top table! I asked if there would only be 4 of us, and the answer was yes. Alright then! We sat down next to each other and within a minute or two, our two tablemates joined us: a father and daughter who were an absolute joy to sit with!

Old 02-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #20
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

Our servers came and introduced themselves. We had Ivana from the Czech Republic as our server and Monika from Poland as our assistant server. It was refreshing to have two females since I normally have at least one male (or the majority of the time I cruise, two males!). These servers were absolutely wonderful! They had great personalities and were very fun. They gave us menus and filled our glasses with water to start.

Monika came around and took our drink order and in less than 5 minutes we had drinks. Once we perused the menu and knew what we wanted, Ivana took our order. I ordered the escargots and the beef tenderloin. We received our first courses quite promptly. Before we knew it, our entrees had arrived!

My they were prompt, these two! As we were looking over the dessert menu, Ivana presented us with a game/puzzle using crayons. I LOVE that they did this with us, even though we didn’t have any kids at the table. We were stumped for a good five minutes, but we finally got it and Ivana was impressed, haha! At some point during our meal, our head server, Mario from Slovakia came and said hello. He was nice and said he has been referred to as “Super Mario,” and that we could call him that if we so desired.

For dessert, I ended up ordering two: the strawberry shortcake sundae and the peanut butter mousse (I had both last time and definitely wanted both this time!). Once again, the food came fast and Ivana was kind enough to bring a dessert trio for the table to share.

We were out of the restaurant around 10:00 (I know! 10:00...for an 8:30 seating...I was pleasantly shocked!) and as we were leaving the restaurant, we saw characters taking pictures in the lobby! We jumped in Chip and Dale’s line, and had a fun interaction and picture with them. After that, I went into the gift shop to purchase a few items for us and a couple of gifts for others. Then, we went back to our room to this:

I also decided to take a picture of some of the merchandise we purchased:

And because I was impressed with the not one, but two rather spacious side-by-side closets, I took a picture of one of them:

We decided to walk around the top deck, and in doing so, noticed we were still (shockingly) still slightly hungry, so we grabbed some goodies and heading back to the room:

After eating it, we got ready for bed, and after looking at the rather LARGE list of movies on demand, we chose “Muppets Treasure Island” to watch as well fell asleep. As we were watching it, I grabbed the remote to mute it real quick because I heard a noise....it was somebody in the room next to us SNORING up a STORM! WOW! It didn’t really prevent us from falling asleep, it was just noticeable, haha. Before we knew it we were asleep, dreaming of our day at NASSAU tomorrow...(well, more like a day on the ship because we knew we weren’t going to get off).....

TO BE CONTINUED!

Old 02-12-2011, 08:38 AM   #21
twins4disney
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the update! Question about the Mickey Captain ears, my daughter spotted those online and would like to get some. I noticed that yours are in the really nice box, so are the ears more of a keepsake, than something you would want a child to have? I'm really just now starting to look into the DCL, so everything is so unknown. We are used to WDW, but trying to plan the cruise has me so out of my element!
Old 02-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #22
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4disney View Post
Thanks for the update! Question about the Mickey Captain ears, my daughter spotted those online and would like to get some. I noticed that yours are in the really nice box, so are the ears more of a keepsake, than something you would want a child to have? I'm really just now starting to look into the DCL, so everything is so unknown. We are used to WDW, but trying to plan the cruise has me so out of my element!
You're welcome!

In my opinion, those Mickey ears are more of a keepsake...especially because of the price!

In the shops, there was another type of Mickey ears that appeared to be more for wearing. I believe they were blue (?) with a captain hat. Can't quite remember though.

Hope this helps! Happy planning!

Old 02-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #23
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Great report! Believe it or not I was on the fence about a cruise but you are persuading me!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #24
twins4disney
Mouseketeer

If you don't mind saying, how my much are the pricey ears? Since your trip report started I have now priced a 3 day Dream trip for early November. We are thinking about a 7 day in the Fantasy. I started thinking about doing a 3 day to get us accustomed to DCL, and book the 7 day while on board to take advantage if ant discounts.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #25
Shell54
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your trip report and photos! It's getting me excited for our cruise in Sept. So it looks like there there were plenty of the Dooney Dream bags even after all the hysteria on the MV I've got my eye on one for Sept.

Disney Magic 8/12

Shell54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #26
twins4disney
Mouseketeer

I would love to get one of the Dream bags!!! This trip report is going to get me in trouble
Old 02-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #27
orangemom
OrangeMom

Loving all your info!!!

Thank you for the time it takes to post pictures and the whole detailed trip report!

Thank you very very much for posting the link to the 3 day navigator -- a HUGE help for me! We will be travelling with a group ages 1-65 so this is soooo helpful!!!!

- -thanks for answering my questions from a few posts back -- i cannot say thank you enough. Can't you tell i am a cruise newbie mom

do you have any info on deluxe family state room that sleeps 5? or where i can find out how the beds are arranged for the room actually sleeps 5 - my kids are flexible but would be nice to know ahead of time.....

loved all the pictures and the show pictures are so good --- you must have a good camera!

i must say i was laughing reading cause i read "heard a noise from the room" and laughed that it was someone snoring -- my hubby snores so i had to laugh.

Well we leave in 4 days! weather report looks favorable! ocean water will be chilly but pools should be good.

we did the online pre-cruise reg -- and we have "check-in" of 11 -- i hope things go smoothly - i want to arrive earlier will they let us in the terminal?
and is there a place to get sandwhiches at the port terminal?

my kids loved the picture of the Eye Scream machine!

off to pack - how little can i actually take with me---that is my personal challenge
orangemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #28
rmcildw2m
Mouseketeer

I cannot say WOW enough times, these are some great pictures and a mighty fine trip report to go with it .
rmcildw2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #29
KevieKev05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4disney View Post
If you don't mind saying, how my much are the pricey ears? Since your trip report started I have now priced a 3 day Dream trip for early November. We are thinking about a 7 day in the Fantasy. I started thinking about doing a 3 day to get us accustomed to DCL, and book the 7 day while on board to take advantage if ant discounts.
$74.95...I know, we're crazy, haha.

And it sounds like you have a great plan set up. Just keep an eye on the prices for your 7-night Fantasy cruise. If they continue to go up, it may be better to just book now and then "re-shop" it onboard (especially if you can handle the deposit price now...just to be safe). If the price is more than you paid, even with the onboard booking discount, then you'll have made out. If it's cheaper, then you'll now save some money. Note that if you book now and hope to rebook while onboard, there has to be availability in the category you initially booked at the time you rebook it onboard. They essentially "cancel" your reservation and then "rebook" it on the spot. Also, if room location is important to you (or a specific stateroom), it might be better to book early rather than later. Just some food for thought (and hopefully that wasn't as confusing as it sounds...sorry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell54 View Post
Really enjoying your trip report and photos! It's getting me excited for our cruise in Sept. So it looks like there there were plenty of the Dooney Dream bags even after all the hysteria on the MV I've got my eye on one for Sept.
Thank you! And yes, there were PLENTY of Dooney's

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemom View Post
Thank you for the time it takes to post pictures and the whole detailed trip report!

Thank you very very much for posting the link to the 3 day navigator -- a HUGE help for me! We will be travelling with a group ages 1-65 so this is soooo helpful!!!!

- -thanks for answering my questions from a few posts back -- i cannot say thank you enough. Can't you tell i am a cruise newbie mom

do you have any info on deluxe family state room that sleeps 5? or where i can find out how the beds are arranged for the room actually sleeps 5 - my kids are flexible but would be nice to know ahead of time.....

loved all the pictures and the show pictures are so good --- you must have a good camera!

i must say i was laughing reading cause i read "heard a noise from the room" and laughed that it was someone snoring -- my hubby snores so i had to laugh.

Well we leave in 4 days! weather report looks favorable! ocean water will be chilly but pools should be good.

we did the online pre-cruise reg -- and we have "check-in" of 11 -- i hope things go smoothly - i want to arrive earlier will they let us in the terminal?
and is there a place to get sandwhiches at the port terminal?

my kids loved the picture of the Eye Scream machine!

off to pack - how little can i actually take with me---that is my personal challenge
Hello again! Glad I'm helping out! Regarding staterooms that sleep five, I'm not sure. If I were to guess, you have the main bed, the couch that flips to a single sleeper, the bed that comes out of the wall (all these options were in my stateroom), and the fifth might be a bed that pulls down from the ceiling above the couch (?). Maybe? Pure speculation on my end.

Regarding the "assigned" check-in time, I'm not sure. It is rather new, and I don't think everyone knows about it. I can't imagine them turning you away. I think it's more for them to have an idea of what time all the "crowds" will be coming. I wouldn't stress over it. Get there when you want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcildw2m View Post
I cannot say WOW enough times, these are some great pictures and a mighty fine trip report to go with it .
Thank you so much for your kind words!

I hope to have the next installment up tomorrow!

Old 02-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #30
twins4disney
Mouseketeer

WOW those are some pricey ears, really not for the casual souvenier They are so adorable though! Thanks for the input on booking now, versus later. I am so confused about what to do, and what to plan.
Keep this great report coming, I have to admit I check frequently throughout the day for updates, I know I have a problem

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: