Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #106
Regwysocki
Earning My Ears

I am really enjoying these trip reports! We sail on the Wonder on March 13th, so these posts and pictures are very much appreciated. I just discovered this forum a few weeks ago, and have been reading everything I can find about the Wonder. My Hub and I sailed on the Magic back in 1998 for our honeymoon. Now we have 2 boys, and are looking forward to taking them on DCL for the first time. I do have a few questions about port excursions, but I think I will search the forums a little more before posting my questions, lol!

Thank you again, and I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!
Regwysocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:07 AM   #107
XMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideeyedwonder View Post
My goodness, love Brent's almost as much as I love Tommy's. (yes, I know that those two places should never be used together in the same sentence, but well, there you go.)
Let's just say if we ate Tommy's for breakfast, as we have done back in the day when hubby and I both worked night shift, all I would have room for was a small Matzo Ball soup at Brent's for dinner!!! I would probably need some tums to go along with it as well.

Do you live in the SFV? I grew up in Woodland Hills but now live in Simi. No good deli's out here so I have to venture back into the Valley....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #108
iluvwdw4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkerbe11 View Post
I bought the costumes online at different places. The kids' costumes are from the Disney Store and Spirit Halloween is a good place to get adult costumes.
Thanks!!!!
Old 02-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #109
Stinkerbe11
DIS Veteran

I love you guys, you are so encouraging Today, however, I am playing the sick and the married to the military cards. I feel like someone ran over me with a truck and if that's not enough, DH has to go TDY tomorrow. Today is our opportunity to celebrate Valentine's day (even if it means vegging on the couch). I appreciate your patience and I promise to get back to work on the report on Monday.

BTW, we should have a new group getting off the boat today- maybe someone will be inspired to start a new TR

Wonder Mexican Riviera(2011), Magic Eastern(2012), Wonder Pacific Coast(2014), Wonder Alaska(2014), Wonder Vancouver Repo(2014)
Stinkerbe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #110
DisneyJenn23
Mouseketeer

Did you bring the bed rail for the couch with you or did Disney provide that?
DisneyJenn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #111
Stinkerbe11
DIS Veteran

It is provided by Disney, just request it through your travel agent.

Wonder Mexican Riviera(2011), Magic Eastern(2012), Wonder Pacific Coast(2014), Wonder Alaska(2014), Wonder Vancouver Repo(2014)
Old 02-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #112
Stinkerbe11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peasprout View Post
Thanks for your detailed posts! Was there a charge for the tequilla tasting? And was the Palo brunch just a buffet spread, or do you order off a menu? What was the cost for that? Was there also a Palo tea? Sorry, didn't mean to bombard you with questions!
The tasting was 15.00 per person

There is no menu for the brunch, but they do offer hot dishes and pizzas in addition to the buffet. It cost 25.00 each, plus extra tip (not required, but we did it anyway).

There is a Palo tea, but it books up really fast and we did not try it this time.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #113
Stinkerbe11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidymom View Post
Stinkerbell - thanks for your informative and humorous Trip Report. I'm glad to read that your family had a great time on the Wonder to the MR. My question: as you picked Tritons for Formal Night, which restaurant would you pick for Semi-Formal Night if the whole family was dressed up? I'm thinking of renting my husband a tux so it will free up some precious luggage space. Appreciate your opinion. Thanks.
I found out the "theme" nights ahead of time and based my request on the rotation PTAPTAP(formal night was night 2, pirate night was night 4) so that we would have formal night in Triton's and pirate night in Parrot Cay. You can't choose each restaurant individually, you have to start and end in the same one, does that make sense? (I have a foggy medicine head today-sorry if I'm making zero sense). So you can choose from these rotations:
PTAPTAP, TPATPAT, ATPATPA. You just have to figure out when the theme nights are on your cruise and match the restaurants up with that. Based on our rotation, semi-formal night was in Animator's..Do you see how it works now? I'm sure there are threads that deal with this question and I am sorry if I'm making it clear as mud.

Last edited by Stinkerbe11; 02-13-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #114
sonogal
Mouseketeer

Loving your trip report Stinkerbell. And love your screen name as well.

I have to concur with the spa treatment you experienced. We participated last year on the Wonder too and really enjoyed ourselves- if you know what I mean. But the bench in there was a bit awkward.

Get well soon Stink so you can give us more!
2007 Sandals Dunn's River Jamaica
2008 El Dorado Royale Mexico
2009 Carnival Inspiration
2009 Carnival Liberty
2010 Disney Wonder
2010 RCL Liberty of the Seas
2011 Carnival Destiny
2011 Disney Wonder
2011 Oasis of the Seas
2012 Freedom of the Seas
2013 Disney Fantasy
sonogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #115
Stinkerbe11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonogal View Post
We participated last year on the Wonder too and really enjoyed ourselves- if you know what I mean. But the bench in there was a bit awkward.
Hmm, I wouldn't know about the bench...but I do know that the centerpiece of sinks(in the steam room) will hold at least 125 pounds...

Old 02-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #116
drbdds
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I found out the "theme" nights ahead of time and based my request on the rotation PTAPTAP(formal night was night 2, pirate night was night 4) so that we would have formal night in Triton's and pirate night in Parrot Cay. You can't choose each restaurant individually, you have to start and end in the same one, does that make sense? (I have a foggy medicine head today-sorry if I'm making zero sense). So you can choose from these rotations:
PTAPTAP, TPATPAT, ATPATPA. You just have to figure out when the theme nights are on your cruise and match the restaurants up with that. Based on our rotation, semi-formal night was in Animator's..Do you see how it works now? I'm sure there are threads that deal with this questions and I am sorry if I'm making it clear as mud.
Did you just call Disney in advance to make your request for dining rotation or did you do that at the port?
drbdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #117
Stinkerbe11
DIS Veteran

I requested the rotation through my TA about 2 weeks out. If you don't have an agent, just call DCL directly.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #118
wideeyedwonder
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMom View Post
Do you live in the SFV? I grew up in Woodland Hills but now live in Simi. No good deli's out here so I have to venture back into the Valley....
My wife and I are originally from SoCal; my wife grew up as a "valley girl" (ok, a Jewish one!) in Northridge, and we lived in Northridge for about a year after we were married. LOVE Brent's, deli sandwiches are awesome (can't seem to get good deli here on the central coast!), and love the matzo ball and kreptlach (sp?) soup.

4n Bahamas July 2008, 7n Western Carib July 2009,
15n Panama Canal Jan 2011, 7n Mexican Riviera Sept 2011
wideeyedwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #119
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmm, I wouldn't know about the bench...but I do know that the centerpiece of sinks(in the steam room) will hold at least 125 pounds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideeyedwonder View Post
My wife and I are originally from SoCal; my wife grew up as a "valley girl" (ok, a Jewish one!) in Northridge, and we lived in Northridge for about a year after we were married. LOVE Brent's, deli sandwiches are awesome (can't seem to get good deli here on the central coast!), and love the matzo ball and kreptlach (sp?) soup.
As soon as you said Northridge, I was going to say, BRENTS!!!!!

Last edited by Mindyjoy; 02-14-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #120
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I requested the rotation through my TA about 2 weeks out. If you don't have an agent, just call DCL directly.
How did you find out which nights were the theme nights though?
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: