Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2011, 08:59 PM   #136
Stinkerbe11
DIS Veteran

Yes, the pools are heated. The Mickey pool was usually 83-84 and the quiet cove was around 80. The problem was getting out-it was really windy and cold on a few days

Wonder Mexican Riviera(2011), Magic Eastern(2012), Wonder Pacific Coast(2014), Wonder Alaska(2014), Wonder Vancouver Repo(2014)
Stinkerbe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #137
wallyboag
Earning My Ears

Thanks again for the trip report. I'm loving it!
wallyboag is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #138
Lady_Kluck
ooh-da-lally

Dumb question...at what age will your kid get turned away from the mickey pool slide???
Old 02-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #139
Stinkerbe11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Kluck View Post
Dumb question...at what age will your kid get turned away from the mickey pool slide???
This is the description from the DCL website:

For children who want to experience a little excitement when cooling down, Mickey's Pool boasts a twisting, one-deck-high yellow slide suspended by a gigantic Mickey Mouse hand. To use the slide, children must be between the ages of 4 and 14, with a minimum height of 38 inches and a maximum height of 64 inches.

Wonder Mexican Riviera(2011), Magic Eastern(2012), Wonder Pacific Coast(2014), Wonder Alaska(2014), Wonder Vancouver Repo(2014)
Old 02-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #140
Camonkeygirl
Mouseketeer

TQ, On the Rasul, was the price listed ($89) for each person or was it a different cost for a couple? I am interested in it, but DH is not sure about it.
Camonkeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #141
Stinkerbe11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camonkeygirl View Post
TQ, On the Rasul, was the price listed ($89) for each person or was it a different cost for a couple? I am interested in it, but DH is not sure about it.
It was 89.00 +tip total for both of us. My DH is totally not a spa person, but he will be the first one online to sign up for this when our reservation window opens up

Old 02-15-2011, 01:48 AM   #142
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Are the Shutters photographers there for the Tea Party? We usually spring for the CD because of the distribution license so I get annoyed when I have to take my own pictures onboard, LOL.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:48 AM   #143
bombygriz
CATS now and forever...

Loving this TR! Although I keep going back to the Dream ones to see what I can see, it's nice to check out the stuff I haven't done and the new itineraries...Your pirate costume is lovely, by the way!
bombygriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #144
Lady_Kluck
ooh-da-lally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkerbe11 View Post
This is the description from the DCL website:

For children who want to experience a little excitement when cooling down, Mickey's Pool boasts a twisting, one-deck-high yellow slide suspended by a gigantic Mickey Mouse hand. To use the slide, children must be between the ages of 4 and 14, with a minimum height of 38 inches and a maximum height of 64 inches.
You rock Stinkerbe11!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #145
Stinkerbe11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
Are the Shutters photographers there for the Tea Party? We usually spring for the CD because of the distribution license so I get annoyed when I have to take my own pictures onboard, LOL.
I honestly cannot remember, although I'm sure they wouldnt pass up the opportunity to make more money DH bought a really nice camera for me before the cruise, so it was out of the question for me to even consider the cd. Unfortunately, it's complicated and I haven't quite figured it out, so we had some pics that were blurry, off center, underexposed etc...maybe I'll have it figured out by the next cruise.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #146
Lissame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I honestly cannot remember, although I'm sure they wouldnt pass up the opportunity to make more money DH bought a really nice camera for me before the cruise, so it was out of the question for me to even consider the cd. Unfortunately, it's complicated and I haven't quite figured it out, so we had some pics that were blurry, off center, underexposed etc...maybe I'll have it figured out by the next cruise.
I just read in another thread that the cruise that was last week (2-6 through 13) did not have the character tea. I'm really hoping this is due to the Super Bowl, but I'm going to have to warn my daughter that it might not occur.
Lissame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:19 PM   #147
Camonkeygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It was 89.00 +tip total for both of us. My DH is totally not a spa person, but he will be the first one online to sign up for this when our reservation window opens up
Thank You. I have put it on our "saved activities". We are still to far out to be able to start booking things. I am assuming that you can book it online?
Camonkeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #148
Stinkerbe11
DIS Veteran

Day 6- Cabo Touch & Go

You never know what you’re going to wake up to, but this morning we were greeted by Los Arcos.

We enjoyed the beautiful view as we tried out room service breakfast and watched vintage Disney cartoons (again).

The room service menu is limited but the kids loved having breakfast in the room and I will never complain when someone shows up at my door with a pot of hot coffee.

(borrowed from castawayclubdotcom)

The kids wanted to play in the Lab, so Divot and I tried breakfast in Beach Blanket. I think they have an excellent selection with pastries, fresh fruit, oatmeal, cream of wheat, pancakes, waffles, bacon, sausage, smoked salmon, omelet station, cereals, yogurt etc... We had oatmeal and shared an omelet but everything looked delicious and the view from the back of the ship was just gorgeous.

Divot thought the kids might get a kick out of tendering and seeing the port area, so we tore them away from the club and headed out to Cabo.

This was around 9:00 and tendering started at 7:30, so we didn’t have much of a wait to get on the boat. We walked around the port area for a bit, bought some souvenirs from the locals and called it an early day.

The kids wanted to have a quick lunch and go back to the lab, so we grabbed some sandwiches and fruit from deck 9 and dropped BASS and GG off to play.

Divot and I don’t get many dates, so we loved all the opportunities on the cruise to spend time alone...so we had another nice, quiet lunch together at Triton’s.

We ordered the chilled cream of pineapple soup(very good), Meze(hummus with tabbouleh salad & pita bread(not good), lobster ravioli(just ok) and tortilla soup(good).

After lunch we walked around the ship, just enjoying the beautiful view and the solitude of being alone(parents of young children can appreciate this).

We found ourselves back in the Cove and we discovered the danger in asking the barrista/bartender to make her favorite coffee drink for us. Divot ended up with Jack Daniels with a “splash” of espresso and I got about 16 ounces of straight Baileys...(that’s what it tasted like anyway).

Divot and “Jack” headed to the outlook and I decided to lounge by the quiet cove pool for awhile- although it was too cold to swim and the hot tubs were really crowded.

I was really digging the alone time(something I NEVER get at home), so I decided to take it a step further and spend the rest of the afternoon in the spa...

Part two of Cabo- Touch & Go will follow momentarily

Last edited by Stinkerbe11; 02-17-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #149
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Wonderful update! Cabo looks quite beautiful, too. Thanks for sharing more of your cruise with us.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #150
kimmypie1
Mouseketeer

I am so jealous of all the alone time you are getting!! We have 2 little ones as well and I hope ours like the clubs have as much as yours do!!
kimmypie1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: