Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
Mineu
DIS Veteran

Adding family to a stateroom on a B2B

I have a complicated problem that I really need help with....We have a B2B with 5 of us in the same 4A stateroom on both cruises DH however, would like his own cabin-he likes to watch TV at all hours, order room service etc. I can not change our stateroom on the first cruise since it is on points. However, I am hoping to drop DH and one of the children (and leave them home-lol), they are on cash-so, hopefully can be dropped... If I use the cash I paid for them-I can rebook a stateroom for them for the first 4 nights for just a little bit more $$. Two cabins on the second cruise would cost a lot more...So, here's the real question-can I just leave the 3 night cruise as is? In other words, 3 of us will be in the 4A on the first cruise and then the other 2 will join us on the second cruise-will this work? At least DH will get 4 out of the 7 nights to stay up late without breaking the bank! Any other ideas greatly appreciated!
Mineu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
SanDeeKath
San Diego Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineu View Post
I have a complicated problem that I really need help with....We have a B2B with 5 of us in the same 4A stateroom on both cruises DH however, would like his own cabin-he likes to watch TV at all hours, order room service etc. I can not change our stateroom on the first cruise since it is on points. However, I am hoping to drop DH and one of the children (and leave them home-lol), they are on cash-so, hopefully can be dropped... If I use the cash I paid for them-I can rebook a stateroom for them for the first 4 nights for just a little bit more $$. Two cabins on the second cruise would cost a lot more...So, here's the real question-can I just leave the 3 night cruise as is? In other words, 3 of us will be in the 4A on the first cruise and then the other 2 will join us on the second cruise-will this work? At least DH will get 4 out of the 7 nights to stay up late without breaking the bank! Any other ideas greatly appreciated!
I am all for dropping DH like a hot potato.

Seriously tho, if you are dropping 3rd and 4th berths, you will be paying more for a separate room where they occupy the first 2 berths since add on passengers are always much less than the primary people occupying the rooms.

Katherine

SanDeeKath is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
Mineu
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the advice about DH I dug up the DVC confirmation and apparently I paid cash for DH and one child-so, if I drop them and subtract the $95 change fee-it will only be $300 or so to give DH his privacy and tv time-and of course my quiet time as well
Old 08-17-2011, 11:08 PM   #4
clten
DIS Veteran

Each cruise on a B2B is handled separately -- your reservations are separate, you check in for each one separately, your onboard account is separate, etc. So there is no reason the cabin set up has to be the same or the people who aren't in your cabin on the first part can't be in your cabin for the second part.

So if you found an option that works for you having separate rooms on the first part, I say go for it.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Make sure that there is a stateroom available first! Depending on when you are going, there have been many posts about cruises being booked.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #6
Mineu
DIS Veteran

Katherine-I did not understand what you meant last night-but now I do!! If I drop my DH from our DVC reservation to get the cash refund on him to book his own room-they will move one of the children into the second passenger position-which means more points (which I don't have) or the same amount of cash that I was using to book DH new room...At this point I do not think it is worth $1500 to let him have his own room for 4 nights... Does anyone have any other suggestions. Splitting our 3 night into two cabins is also around $1000....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: