Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #91
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Yeah, I don't know who would do that. Next, they'll be telling people on the internet that they get all giddy when they correspond with them.
i know, wonder if it is just bright color ones or any colored shorts?

Quote:
yuki, I just felt like being a smart alec for a second.
so this second has been going on for a few years now.

are you like santa where you slow time down and seconds turn into years, minutes into milleniums.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 02-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #92
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Marlene looks adorable in her beret!! So glad she was able to get exactly what she wanted. Great picture in front of the flowers too - is that normally a fountain though? Or is the fountain in front of the flowers?
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #93
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ah, Impressions De Marlene. I like it. She looks adorable in her beret. I think you should all wear them - like the Griswolds in European Vacation.

That's disappointing that no one wanted to play along with your phone game. Losers!

Well, I understand how Judy must be feeling, calling an end to PChef. But teaching is such a demanding job - it would be really hard to keep it up, I think. No more free trips is kind of a bummer, though!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #94
Shell & Ted
Mouseketeer

I like the original picture the best. She looks so happy with her purchase.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #95
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm here (haven't been on the DIS much); now I have to go back and read. I'll come back and comment later.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #96
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Hey, Mister, you've got some new readers!

Old 02-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #97
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Hi Glenn! I'm here.....finally. Sorry I kinda missed the invite to the new thread until I looked today I'll have to catch up later cause I'm still at work but I will mention quickly, sorry to hear about Judy and no more PChef. I hope at least she enjoys her teaching!

ETA: Okay work died down a bit so I got all caught up. I HAD NO IDEA YOU COULD CALL THE PHONE IN THE UK!!!! That's so cool! Sorry I got a bit excited there... but seriously. Too bad you didn't catch anyone actually answering the phone. Spoiled all your fun! I like the picture of Marlene in black and white the best

Last edited by jenbear123; 02-11-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:26 AM   #98
norybell
DIS Veteran

Glennbo, I can't believe that (a) your TR has requireed a whole second thread; and (b) by the time I figured this out, you were already on page 7 of thread 2. Sheesh!

In any case, congrats. I feel congrats are necessary here.

Also, I vote for the color Marlene. Though I think you should try a color Marlene with a b&w background, just for kicks.
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 02-12-2011, 06:42 AM   #99
MEK
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure which picture of Marlene I like better, but I certainly love her beret and I love those pictures of France.

I love that you called on the phone booths and I can't believe that no one picked up. I found those numbers on someone else's TR and I have to put them in my phone for May because I want to try the same trick.

Really fun update. See what James missed.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #100
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbeagle View Post
I'm up to date with Part Two!!!
Hey PJ! Good to "see" you! And I'm glad you're up to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Intended foreshadowing?!
I wondered if anyone would pick up on that. Good job V!

Quote:
Oh my gosh, I LOVE this - too funny! How sad that no one would take the bait.
We'll have several more attempts before this whole thing is said and done, or typed and read as the case may be.

Quote:
A girl after my own heart - je l'aime, la France!
I had a feeling as to what that phrase meant, but I put it into Google translator just to be sure....and it said "Ich liebe Frankreich!" Oops, had it set on "French to German".

Quote:
FWIW, my standard winter hat is a wool beret, so that's what I wore while in Paris in late Nov. some years ago... I was far from alone, and that was not tourist season!
That's right, I think you were wearing it in a recent update in your TR....when you were wearing several layers, but still not quite Michelen Man-ish.

Good to know that you can still see some berets in France.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRed95 View Post
Hi Glenn! Joining In! Very late, but your chapter links helped me catch up.

You have a beautiful family and it looks like you had a successful trip so far!

DH and I were there a few weeks before you and it was quite warm!

Can't wait to read more!
DisneyRed95! I'm glad you're joining in! Thank you. It was a great trip.

Oh my gosh, it was super hot during that trip. It's hard to remember now, while we have temps in the teens, but we went about the same time in 2009 and 2010 was much hotter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elianor View Post
Yay! I am so glad you are finishing this. I've been checking the boards every few days for an update.
Wow, thanks for checking periodically. I was trying to get about 2 updates done per week, but things have gotten pretty hectic lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i know, wonder if it is just bright color ones or any colored shorts?
It'd probably take Sigmund Freud to get to the bottom of that.

Quote:
so this second has been going on for a few years now.

Quote:
are you like santa where you slow time down and seconds turn into years, minutes into milleniums.
No, really it comes and goes. But it's frequently triggered by posts from FauntleroyFAN07 or Marvali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Marlene looks adorable in her beret!! So glad she was able to get exactly what she wanted. Great picture in front of the flowers too - is that normally a fountain though? Or is the fountain in front of the flowers?
Thanks. Yeah, she knew exactly what she wanted. I forgot to mention that most of them had a France patch on them, but they looked really touristy. I think hers was the last one that was just plain.

I had to go find a picture from our 2009 trip to be sure, but the fountain is in front of the flowers. So, I must have been standing between the flower area and the fountain.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #101
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
Ah, Impressions De Marlene. I like it. She looks adorable in her beret. I think you should all wear them - like the Griswolds in European Vacation.
Oh, you made me think...it's a shame that after the Photobucket manipulation you can't still read that sign in the distance that says "Impressions de France".

I would definitely look waaay to much like Clark Griswold if I did that.

Quote:
That's disappointing that no one wanted to play along with your phone game. Losers!
We'll find some playahs later!

Quote:
Well, I understand how Judy must be feeling, calling an end to PChef. But teaching is such a demanding job - it would be really hard to keep it up, I think. No more free trips is kind of a bummer, though!
Thanks Rebecca. Yeah, major bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell & Ted View Post
I like the original picture the best. She looks so happy with her purchase.
Interesting, that's a couple of votes for the original.

She loved getting that beret!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm here (haven't been on the DIS much); now I have to go back and read. I'll come back and comment later.
No problem Kathy, I understand. I've had a very busy last several days and am behind on pretty much every thread I've been following. Some I've been able to read but not post. Anyway, I'm getting caught up on my replies here this morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Hey, Mister, you've got some new readers!
Isn't that great! I think going to a second thread actually helped that a little bit...it's kind of a fresh opportunity to jump in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Hi Glenn! I'm here.....finally. Sorry I kinda missed the invite to the new thread until I looked today I'll have to catch up later cause I'm still at work but I will mention quickly, sorry to hear about Judy and no more PChef. I hope at least she enjoys her teaching!
Hello my Canadian friend! I probably need to bump that old thread a couple more times.

Judy is really enjoying teaching and doesn't regret doing it at all, just wishes she could have kept the PChef going. But, there are only so many hours in a day.

Quote:
ETA: Okay work died down a bit so I got all caught up. I HAD NO IDEA YOU COULD CALL THE PHONE IN THE UK!!!! That's so cool! Sorry I got a bit excited there... but seriously. Too bad you didn't catch anyone actually answering the phone. Spoiled all your fun!
Yep. And being pay phones, the numbers are listed right there on the front of all of them throughout the World Showcase. So, more fun will be had!

Quote:
I like the picture of Marlene in black and white the best
Good choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Glennbo, I can't believe that (a) your TR has requireed a whole second thread; and (b) by the time I figured this out, you were already on page 7 of thread 2. Sheesh!

In any case, congrats. I feel congrats are necessary here.
Nory! I'm glad you found us! No congrats are necessary, but thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Also, I vote for the color Marlene. Though I think you should try a color Marlene with a b&w background, just for kicks.
Hey, good idea. How's this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I'm not sure which picture of Marlene I like better, but I certainly love her beret and I love those pictures of France.
Yeah, I had a tough time deciding too. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love that you called on the phone booths and I can't believe that no one picked up. I found those numbers on someone else's TR and I have to put them in my phone for May because I want to try the same trick.

Really fun update. See what James missed.
Maybe I should post all of the numbers I either had or jotted down during my World Tour.

Yes, James missed out...but may get another opportunity.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #102
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

How's this?

This IS the one!!!!! Excellent job Glen. I am going to have to try that!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #103
norybell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey, good idea. How's this?

Nice! Now she really shows up like the cutie she is!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 02-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #104
SurfinTX
DIS Veteran

Wow! It only took me all week to find my way over here! Well, my time on the boards have been cut back considerably these last few weeks.

Love your trip so far through World Showcase. On our trip we didn't get to spend much time in France since we wanted to see British Invasion so much. I think all we stopped off for was some Grey Goose Slushies and moved on. So sad considering I took 3 years of French.

It looks like you had some wet weather around this time. I bet it was very moist. Still, Marlene looks like she enjoyed her one on one time with Dad!

and I didn't know about the phone booths. I will have to spring this on my kids someday.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #105
Mrs. Gumdrop
DIS Veteran

I had a phase in my early life when I was just a little obsessed with Gene Kelly's An American In Paris. So I am in sympathy with Marlene. Ah, France! What young girl wouldn't be lured in by the Beauty! The Romace! The Food!

I like the last image with the B/W background the best. It highlights Marlene beautifully, and I think nullifying the background colors makes it look more like the real France. Very Nice Work!

Also, I can't wait to call one of those phone booths.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: