Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #1006
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,659

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Glennbo Stalker!
I have been waiting for TIm and only got over there 5 pages in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!


Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
:
I knew somebody with sharp eyes would notice that Judy-arm and bracelet.
I will admit I thought 0 at first and as I went back because that picture was bothering me. I saw the kids and the second time through I caught the arm and since no silly bands, it was not Marlene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Yep, the winner gets to make me a chicken dinner.


Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I've never smelt
an animal smell
at AKL
or Kidani.

But there's a fine aroma
coming from Boma
that greets you
in the lobby.


__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #1007
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran
 
Sleepingbooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: St. Charles, MO
Posts: 1,892

Hi Glenn!

I've had the concierge check us in for our Southwest flights many times. Even at resorts other than our own. In fact, they'll even do it at Guest Services for you at the parks. Last time, I forgot to do it and I remembered later that night when we were in our room. I went on the Southwest website on my phone and was able to do it there, I just had to print the boarding passes when we got to the airport. And we ended up in B group. Which was fine, we still sat together.
__________________
Sleepingbooty is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #1008
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,397

LOVED this update!! I guess because it just reminded me so much of what it was like at Kidani. We really enjoyed staying there and we spent more time at the Kidani pool than the Jambo pool. It was nice!

Oh and you cracked me up with the "Laugh In" reference. I'll have to send you a PM on that one, though.
__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 09:46 PM   #1009
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,036

You update makes me really miss Kidani! I am slated to stay at VWL in December, but now I am thinking about a 7 month switch. Thanks for that!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #1010
jkc0325
Mouseketeer
 
jkc0325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
jkc0325!

So, where're you staying on your trip? For how long? All that good stuff.
We are staying...gasp! off site for this trip for 7 nights at the Caribe Royal Suites. We got a really good deal through Southwest vacations that was not to be passed up! It is about 5 minutes down the road from Disney so not too far but I think next time we'll stay on site. I never have and it's on my bucket list. DH is not as into Disney as you though so I need to work on him a bit more

Thanks for the welcome!!

ETA: In looking over your PTR it appears we were both at Disney at the same time in 2005! I'll have to look for you in my photo's
__________________

Last edited by jkc0325; 04-21-2011 at 11:28 PM.
jkc0325 is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #1011
CreightonsMomma
Mouseketeer
 
CreightonsMomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Anniston, AL
Posts: 396

I knew I should have checked the DIS earlier today! Thats what I get for actually working at work.

Love the zebracorn. My son was sitting here next to me saying "waz tha?" over and over at every single picture and when I came to the zebracorn I said "zebracorn". I got a very weird look from SO who is sitting across the room.

Poor Judy! Tell her to go ahead an buy herself a bracelet and some matching earrings to go with it. It's my treat on you.

I can't wait to read about Hoop-De-Doo. Don't update next week, i'll be busy with visiting family.
__________________
Me - Jen DBF - Mike DS - Creighton (10/31/2009) DS2 - Cooper (07/31/2013)

2011 - March 13th-18th - AKL (Creighton's first trip) Pics ~ June 4th - Day Trip - SWW ~July 9th-11th - Offsite : Oct 12th-15th POP
2012: Feb 28th-Mar 2nd - ASMu
~ May 23rd-25th - SSR
CreightonsMomma is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #1012
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,929

Okay it's about time I got on here to defend myself !!!I see my name has been hashed around abit , misspelled by Dan (who else) Acquired a Farm with a PIGLET!!!All this and here I am still the sweet innocent lil ol' lady as ever !!!
Now I have to find Tim's new thread !!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #1013
Rozz
DIS Veteran
 
Rozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 528

A Zebracorn! How exciting! Thank you for posting the zebracorn sighting. Such fun watching the animals. I especially like the giraffe photos. Giraffes are a favorite of mine. Must be from watching all those Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom shows. I'm not revealing my age am I?
__________________

Caribbean Beach Wilderness Lodge WDW Swan WDW Dolphin Regal Sun Carribean Beach POP Century
Rozz is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 02:19 AM   #1014
DisDreamz
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 112

Your pictures are really making me want to stay at Kidani!

Part of me can't believe you're almost at the end of your TR and part of me can't believe I started reading BEFORE my own trip and finished my TR weeks before you did!
__________________
S mom to (18), (13), and (10)

We're back from the World!
A Graduation, A Birthday, and A Teenager?! Trip Report (6/7 - 6/17)


June 7-17, 2011 - Offsite, April 3-8, 2011 - FIRST SOLO TRIP - POP, Jan 4-10, 2009 - POP, Nov 2001 - POR, Nov 2000 - CB, mid-70s to February 2011 - Hundreds of DL Trips
DisDreamz is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #1016
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribilín View Post
A zebracorn?! Mhhhh! I guess I need to update my "My Little Pony" collection"


What's scarier....a zebracorn or that you have a "My Little Pony" collection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribilín View Post
Great pictures glennbo123! I could spend all day taking pictures of animals... or watching them hehehe!
Thanks Trib.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
I love your last words "Hoop- there is is!"
Now I have the song on my head & I'm dancing as I'm typing!
Ha ha, me too. It's not very descriptive of Hoop, but that's okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Great animal pics! So sad reading about the end of the trip coming.
Thanks. I'll still be able to get in a few more chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I have been waiting for TIm and only got over there 5 pages in.
Well, you win some and you lose some...even as a stalker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post


I will admit I thought 0 at first and as I went back because that picture was bothering me. I saw the kids and the second time through I caught the arm and since no silly bands, it was not Marlene.
I had to zoom in on my original picture in order to verify that it was her charm bracelet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Glad you liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
Hi Glenn!

I've had the concierge check us in for our Southwest flights many times. Even at resorts other than our own. In fact, they'll even do it at Guest Services for you at the parks. Last time, I forgot to do it and I remembered later that night when we were in our room. I went on the Southwest website on my phone and was able to do it there, I just had to print the boarding passes when we got to the airport. And we ended up in B group. Which was fine, we still sat together.
Hi Rebecca. It never occurred to me that Guest Services could do it. I'll have to remember that, if we're at the parks. Thanks for the info!
glennbo123 is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #1017
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
LOVED this update!! I guess because it just reminded me so much of what it was like at Kidani. We really enjoyed staying there and we spent more time at the Kidani pool than the Jambo pool. It was nice!
Oh good! I thought it was going to be boring, since it was just a bunch of animal pictures. I love relaxing at the Kidani pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
Oh and you cracked me up with the "Laugh In" reference. I'll have to send you a PM on that one, though.
Thanks. It looked like you folks had a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You update makes me really miss Kidani! I am slated to stay at VWL in December, but now I am thinking about a 7 month switch. Thanks for that!
Ha ha, you're welcome! Everybody talks about how amazing WL is in December, so that may be a great choice. Stay at Kidani next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc0325 View Post
We are staying...gasp! off site for this trip for 7 nights at the Caribe Royal Suites. We got a really good deal through Southwest vacations that was not to be passed up! It is about 5 minutes down the road from Disney so not too far but I think next time we'll stay on site. I never have and it's on my bucket list. DH is not as into Disney as you though so I need to work on him a bit more
That's okay, a good deal is hard to pass up, so I can't blame you. I like to stay on-property for the convenience of getting around and that you never feel like you're leaving "the magic".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc0325 View Post
Thanks for the welcome!!
No problem. I'm glad you joined in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc0325 View Post
ETA: In looking over your PTR it appears we were both at Disney at the same time in 2005! I'll have to look for you in my photo's
Cool! Let me know if you see me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreightonsMomma View Post
I knew I should have checked the DIS earlier today! Thats what I get for actually working at work.
You mean you were bugging me for an update and then didn't check?? That's okay, glad it was here for you when you got on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreightonsMomma View Post
Love the zebracorn. My son was sitting here next to me saying "waz tha?" over and over at every single picture and when I came to the zebracorn I said "zebracorn". I got a very weird look from SO who is sitting across the room.
I guess SO didn't realize the full capabilities of Disney.

I'm glad Creighton is enjoying the animal pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreightonsMomma View Post
Poor Judy! Tell her to go ahead an buy herself a bracelet and some matching earrings to go with it. It's my treat on you.
Hey, she doesn't need any additional encouragement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreightonsMomma View Post
I can't wait to read about Hoop-De-Doo. Don't update next week, i'll be busy with visiting family.
There's no pleasing you people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Okay it's about time I got on here to defend myself !!!I see my name has been hashed around abit , misspelled by Dan (who else) Acquired a Farm with a PIGLET!!!All this and here I am still the sweet innocent lil ol' lady as ever !!!
Now I have to find Tim's new thread !!!
I agree....you're as innocent as ever.

(I'm not sure that's saying much, though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
A Zebracorn! How exciting! Thank you for posting the zebracorn sighting. Such fun watching the animals. I especially like the giraffe photos. Giraffes are a favorite of mine. Must be from watching all those Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom shows. I'm not revealing my age am I?
You're welcome! The giraffes are a lot more fun to watch in person, than in the pictures, because they move so gracefully.

I used to watch Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kindgdom every week too. "Now Jim will wrestle the giant anaconda and attempt to get it into the boat, while I sit here."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDreamz View Post
Your pictures are really making me want to stay at Kidani!
Hi DisDreamz! And

I'm glad you're enjoying the pictures, and do recommend a stay at Kidani. We love it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDreamz View Post
Part of me can't believe you're almost at the end of your TR and part of me can't believe I started reading BEFORE my own trip and finished my TR weeks before you did!
I know, the pace can be a little slow....but a lot of the fun happens in-between the chapters, and we don't want to rush that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I like the calm before the hoop. Everyone needs that!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly! Could you imagine park-hopping all day and going directly to Hoop? No way. You've gotta have at least a little downtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Too funny on Judy's arm, you guys crack me up. Those are some seriously squinty pictures. Great effort on everyone taking off sunglasses, I'm such a baby, I never do.
I love it when I see something like that picture, that's perfect for this game. Totally unplanned, but perfect.

I think we would've been better off if we'd have put on sunglasses, but at least they're a funny set of pictures.
glennbo123 is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #1018
CreightonsMomma
Mouseketeer
 
CreightonsMomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Anniston, AL
Posts: 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post

Hey, she doesn't need any additional encouragement!
Of course she does. Us women have to stick together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
There's no pleasing you people! :rotfl2
What do you mean? I'm pretty easy to please. Update often but don't update too often and also don't update when i'm not available. What is so difficult about that?
__________________
Me - Jen DBF - Mike DS - Creighton (10/31/2009) DS2 - Cooper (07/31/2013)

2011 - March 13th-18th - AKL (Creighton's first trip) Pics ~ June 4th - Day Trip - SWW ~July 9th-11th - Offsite : Oct 12th-15th POP
2012: Feb 28th-Mar 2nd - ASMu
~ May 23rd-25th - SSR
CreightonsMomma is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #1019
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,716

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreightonsMomma View Post
What do you mean? I'm pretty easy to please. Update often but don't update too often and also don't update when i'm not available. What is so difficult about that?
Absolutely!
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #1020
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"
 
3prettyprincesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,307

What? I missed an update? Ugh, I am resigning myself to the fact that I will never win the Judy sightings game! Here I was thinking that there wouldn't be an update for a little bit since Glenn went to all the trouble of giving his (lame) excuses...work, out of town for work, pinewood derby work, work work work. And now my spidey senses are completely thrown off! Argh!

I absolutely love all the animal pictures! And yes, it was quite exciting to see the ever elusive zebracorn! Those giraffes look so cute! I can imagine my three girls squealing with excitement had we seen them. Boy that AKL looks so darn cool! DH has hinted about staying there but I'm resistant because it's so far from everything.

What interesting artifacts! I love the little details like that. Great picture!

It sounds like you and the family had some nice relaxing (ie out of the blazing hot squinty sun) down time.

Can't wait to hear about the Hoop De Doo!
__________________
3prettyprincesses is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: