Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #46
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"
 
3prettyprincesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,305

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Hi Molly! Welcome back.

It's a little bit of a pain though, switching over. I wish we could stay with one thread.

Yes, it absolutely shouldn't be allowed. Or, you should be able to at least get some fastpasses when you return.

I'm gagging, just thinking about what you described. If you could pick any railing in the World as the worst....that'd be it.

I'm okay with reflective, and we gave Marv partial credit for some reflective Judy's during the Waste Mgmt game at Innoventions.

I have to respond like this....you know that scene at the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" when Indy asks that government bureaucrat guy what is being done with the Ark? The guy responds by saying, "We have top men working on it now." Indy says, "Who?" And his response is, "Top...men."

Good ideas, but it wouldn't take long for technically savvy people (okay, it'd be a while 'til Marv caught on, but maybe others ) to figure out that they could just quote the whole post, copy the text and plop it into Word, and then do a "Find" on the word "Judy". They'd have the total in 3 seconds.
Thanks Glenn!

Well, I suppose it's all your own fault for having another thread to deal with, you're too popular and your TR's are always a great read!

Hey, now fastpasses for leaving the park sick! That's a million dollar idea and I'm sure nobody would abuse it!

Ya, it was disgusting when I realized she licked the railing, truly disgusting and stomach turning. I believe I yelled something like 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!' I seriously contemplated wiping her mouth with a Wet One wipe but you're not supposed to ingest them! DH said she was just strengthening her immune system.

Darn, if only I knew that reflective Judys were allowed, I'd have beat Marv for sure! Now I know for future reference!

Ooooh, I love love love Raiders of the Lost Ark! Fabulous movie and perfect use of a movie quote too Glenn! Ok, so you're not going to divulge who the judges on the committee are then, are ya?? That's ok, I'll be nice to everyone here. Wait a minute, Marv's not on the committee though, is he?
__________________
3prettyprincesses is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #47
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,157

Best wishes to Judy and the rest of your family as this chapter of your lives comes to a close! I am certain it is difficult, yet exciting, for Judy. I cannot even fathom the amount of work she put into it to build up to being a Director and obviously doing well enough to earn free trips. That is truly admirable! I am sure she is already greatly succeeding at teaching as well - and how wonderful to gain such satisfaction from it!!!!

PS I LOVE my PChef Food Chopper. And spatulas. And flippers. And bamboo spoons. And mandolin. And all-in-1 measuring cup. And, and, and! I've been tempting to venture into this career myself, just for the swag...! (even though Joe does most of the cooking....)
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #48
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran
 
tinacaplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 3,778

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Since part of the trip I’m documenting in this TR was earned through PChef, and many of you have congratulated Judy on doing so well, I thought I’d let you know that after about a 12-year run, Judy is hanging up her PChef apron. She resigned as a Director at the end of January, and will continue as a consultant through March because she’s paid for website services through that date.

It’s with a very heavy heart that she does this, since she worked so hard building up the business and she’s giving up a lot. But, she’s getting a lot of satisfaction from teaching and has decided that that’s the direction in which she wants to proceed. The first year of teaching can be very difficult because everything from lesson plans to tests have to be prepared almost from scratch. We had hoped that she could get her first year under her belt and then have more time to devote to PChef, but unfortunately it has become evident that that’s just not going to work.

In re-reading this, I realize that it must sound like some kind of a prepared statement to be read at a press conference. Sorry about that! I just thought I’d share it with all of you since the topic naturally comes up here from time to time.

On a lighter note, I am working on an actual trip report update. However, I don’t think I’ll be able to get it finished and posted until tomorrow at the earliest. I’m writing slowly because I know some of you out there don’t read very fast. Okay, okay, forgive me…that’s an old joke, but it does take me a while to get these things written out, even though it probably doesn’t look that way!
I know this all too well! The first year of teaching can be brutal, simply from a preparation perspective. It is a ton of work outside of the regular school day. But it goes get easier, thankfully! Can you tell I am teacher?
__________________
CSR - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
BC - 2011, 2012
POLY - 2012
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #49
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Well, since Rosie is old enough to be Ma Kettle, I guess I will take the Pot
Careful, the Ma Kettle reference is showing your age. Wait, I get that reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
(but I won't inhale........)
Thank you Mr. President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Sorry, I left my spoon in Norway on our last trip!!!
I suspect you were bribing Julenissen to put you on the "nice" list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
And you thought I was your problem child........
You're right, I did. My eyes are opening now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
I know that was a tough decision for Judy since I know with things like that you not only make some really good business associates, but also some good friends! On the bright side, you guys don't have to plan around PChef trips any more so you can schedule your visits to Disney when we will also be at Kidani and Judy will get to see me more.
You're absolutely right. She's made a lot of friends through it, both other consultants and lots of customers.

Unfortunately I think it's worse now, schedule-wise....being tied to the school calendar. I know you know what that's like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Thanks for the life update Glenn. I hear you on the first year crunch. Tracy is pondering changing grade levels next year and having to re-do everything is daunting. I’ll be keeping Judy in my prayers. On the bright side, you don’t have to worry about paying for any more free trips.
Thanks for the prayers and the laugh you provided GB. I needed that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
sorry to see that she is giving it up, now you can schedule your trips so they dont colide with marvs at all.
Good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
You obviously have to disapprove, but that was pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
OH no!!! Did I break a DIS Rule of Etiquette?? I am so ashamed.


Just kidding.
Don't worry, they'll get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
re: PChef... I can sense Judy must really be feeling both relieved a bit AND sad to see this chapter end. I cannot even imagine the hard work and time she put into building this business up and I can also get the feeling that she really genuinely enjoyed doing it. I know that teaching can be very rewarding too, so every blessing to her on this new adventure!
Thanks Liesa. One of her consultants was trying to cheer her up the other day by listing all the negatives that she won't have to deal with anymore. It was kind of funny in a way, to hear them reverse-selling the whole thing.
glennbo123 is online now  
Old 02-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #50
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elianor View Post
Hello, I am so glad you are going to finish this and that I found it! I've read your first trip report and have been hooked ever since. Sorry to be creepy lurker person, but I wanted you to know how much fun it's been reading along with you while dealing with epic midwest snow.

These trip reports are the only thing keeping me sane right now.
Wow Elianor! Thank you for the wonderful compliments! Oh, I'm sure you're not a creepy lurker person...thanks for letting me know you're reading along.

Hey, in your reading, did you happen to run across these posts from our epic Mid-Atlantic snow storms from almost exactly a year ago?:

Snow Update
Blizzard, but no Beach

glennbo123 is online now  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #51
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy
 
FauntleroyFAN07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls
Posts: 8,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post

i hope that this does not affect my future bonus points in your game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post

Good one!



You obviously have to disapprove, but that was pretty good.
thanks glenn, i think you may be ahead of me in his next round of questions.

dont want to honk of the guy giving out bonus points.
__________________
ME ~ DW ~DS ~ DD

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #52
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Well, I suppose it's all your own fault for having another thread to deal with, you're too popular and your TR's are always a great read!
Aw shucks. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Hey, now fastpasses for leaving the park sick! That's a million dollar idea and I'm sure nobody would abuse it!
Nooo, no one would dream of abusing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Ya, it was disgusting when I realized she licked the railing, truly disgusting and stomach turning. I believe I yelled something like 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!' I seriously contemplated wiping her mouth with a Wet One wipe but you're not supposed to ingest them! DH said she was just strengthening her immune system.
I would've been tempted to do the wet wipe thing too! Ack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Darn, if only I knew that reflective Judys were allowed, I'd have beat Marv for sure! Now I know for future reference!
Now go out there and win one for the Gipper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Ooooh, I love love love Raiders of the Lost Ark! Fabulous movie and perfect use of a movie quote too Glenn! Ok, so you're not going to divulge who the judges on the committee are then, are ya?? That's ok, I'll be nice to everyone here. Wait a minute, Marv's not on the committee though, is he?
I love that last shot where the crate with the ark in it is being pushed into the largest warehouse ever seen, completely full of identical crates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Best wishes to Judy and the rest of your family as this chapter of your lives comes to a close! I am certain it is difficult, yet exciting, for Judy. I cannot even fathom the amount of work she put into it to build up to being a Director and obviously doing well enough to earn free trips. That is truly admirable! I am sure she is already greatly succeeding at teaching as well - and how wonderful to gain such satisfaction from it!!!!
Thanks Brook. It's kind of strange how it leaves a weird void even for the rest of us in the family. But we're moving on to a new chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
PS I LOVE my PChef Food Chopper. And spatulas. And flippers. And bamboo spoons. And mandolin. And all-in-1 measuring cup. And, and, and! I've been tempting to venture into this career myself, just for the swag...! (even though Joe does most of the cooking....)
That's good to hear! If you ever want to ask Judy any questions about it, just pm me and I'll hook you up. She'd be happy to talk to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I know this all too well! The first year of teaching can be brutal, simply from a preparation perspective. It is a ton of work outside of the regular school day. But it goes get easier, thankfully! Can you tell I am teacher?
Oh I didn't realize that you were a teacher Tina. Thanks for the reassurance! We'd heard that it gets easier and so were hoping that she could keep it afloat until then, but there's something to be said for sanity!
glennbo123 is online now  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #53
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
thanks glenn, i think you may be ahead of me in his next round of questions.

dont want to honk of the guy giving out bonus points.
Oh yeah. Nuts, I almost forgot about those bonus points in his game. Shoot! What a dilemma.
glennbo123 is online now  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #54
onescgirl
DIS Veteran
 
onescgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 1,768

Wow! 2 threads for your TR!!!! I told you that you were the most popular person on the Dis!!!!!! It's like you're the Justin Bieber of the Disboards! Do you know how to Dougie? I feel like I'm typing to a celebrity when I'm typing on your trip report & just get all giddy!

Congrats on Judy's new change! I'm sure that took a lot of her time & she will enjoy the break from it. But, will y'all miss the free PC trips???

I've missed in your TR where you're talking about Judy teaching for 1st time & getting all her lessons together. Did she just make a career change & go back to school to become a teacher? What grade does she teach?
__________________
Me (Amy) DH (Brad) DD (Lexi) DS (Levi)

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

onescgirl is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #55
Tribilín
Mouseketeer
 
Tribilín's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Monterrey, N.L., México
Posts: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I thought I’d let you know that after about a 12-year run, Judy is hanging up her PChef apron.
WOW! That's really a life changing decision! I know how hard is to make decisions like this... Congratulations to Judy! Theres a very bright future ahead!

And lots of good vibes to all your family
__________________
Tribilín is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:44 AM   #56
marvali
DIS Veteran
 
marvali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 5,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Careful, the Ma Kettle reference is showing your age. Wait, I get that reference.
The TV Land excuse is always good for covering our vast knowledge that goes beyond our tender years.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I suspect you were bribing Julenissen to put you on the "nice" list.
Anything to get me in close with Sigrid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
You're right, I did. My eyes are opening now.
With Molly, it really doesn't take very long......
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Unfortunately I think it's worse now, schedule-wise....being tied to the school calendar. I know you know what that's like!
Yes I do. Which is why I know the chances are good we will be planning trips to Kidani around the same time each year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post

i hope that this does not affect my future bonus points in your game.

thanks glenn, i think you may be ahead of me in his next round of questions.

dont want to honk of the guy giving out bonus points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Oh yeah. Nuts, I almost forgot about those bonus points in his game. Shoot! What a dilemma.
Don't worry guys. What happens in glennbo's thread........
Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
It's like you're the Justin Bieber of the Disboards! Do you know how to Dougie? I feel like I'm typing to a celebrity when I'm typing on your trip report & just get all giddy!
The Justin Bieber part is funny. The all giddy is just sad!!!
__________________

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #57
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy
 
FauntleroyFAN07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls
Posts: 8,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Don't worry guys. What happens in glennbo's thread........
__________________
ME ~ DW ~DS ~ DD

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 11:51 AM   #58
vamassey1
DIS Veteran
 
vamassey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 3,243

Change is hard, at least for me it always is. I hope this frees up some of her time and simplifies things for her. Teacher really do spend a lot of their own time doing school related things.

I also enjoy all the PC stuff I have too.
__________________
Newest report! Laissez les bon temps Rouler... Feb 2010...
My first Disney trip report! Hurry and Fly Away to Neverland



April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #59
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran
 
mom3sonstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central IL
Posts: 1,804

I go into hibernation for a week and when I come out Glenn's report has split in two, Judy has left PChef, and Marv has been replaced as the problem child.... Was I really only missing for a week????
__________________
Tanya
next trip: Me
The Good, The Bad, and the Nuts! A Trip thru Time Aug Trip Quiz Answers Pg 52




Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)
mom3sonstt is offline  
Old 02-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #60
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Wow! 2 threads for your TR!!!! I told you that you were the most popular person on the Dis!!!!!! It's like you're the Justin Bieber of the Disboards! Do you know how to Dougie? I feel like I'm typing to a celebrity when I'm typing on your trip report & just get all giddy!
Hi Amy! Now don't give me a swelled head. If I were a 17 year-old kid I wouldn't know how to handle all of the attention. Actually, my buddy Jordan (Jordanyosh) is the king of the Disboards in my opinion. He's on a hiatus right now, but his reports always went to multiple threads and he is greatly loved, and missed at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Congrats on Judy's new change! I'm sure that took a lot of her time & she will enjoy the break from it. But, will y'all miss the free PC trips???
Most definitey we're going to miss the trips. The kids are a little upset by it too because somewhere along the line (although she doesn't remember doing it) Judy apparently promised (at least that's what the kids say) to take each of them on one of the trips that was "for 2", instead of me. Like, for a graduation gift. So now we're thinking of maybe trading-out some of our DVC points so they could have a weekend away in NYC or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
I've missed in your TR where you're talking about Judy teaching for 1st time & getting all her lessons together. Did she just make a career change & go back to school to become a teacher? What grade does she teach?
Well....Judy was a very well educated stay-at-home Mom, and left herself several options. She has degrees in Math and Engineering from her undergrad days. Before kids, we decided that she should take some time to go back and get her teaching certificate and do her student teaching. So, she's had that in her back pocket for many years, but it's just over the last couple of years that she has looked for more of a full-time job. She's teaching high school math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribilín View Post
WOW! That's really a life changing decision! I know how hard is to make decisions like this... Congratulations to Judy! Theres a very bright future ahead!

And lots of good vibes to all your family
Thanks Trib. I'm glad you followed us over to the new thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
The TV Land excuse is always good for covering our vast knowledge that goes beyond our tender years.....
You're right though. I'm familiar with a lot of stuff that is way before my time (this is no joke)...Leave it to Beaver I caught on reruns, Andy Griffith, Little Rascals obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Anything to get me in close with Sigrid.
Careful, you're bucking for "naughty" list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
With Molly, it really doesn't take very long......


Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Yes I do. Which is why I know the chances are good we will be planning trips to Kidani around the same time each year!
Don't I know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Don't worry guys. What happens in glennbo's thread........


Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
The Justin Bieber part is funny. The all giddy is just sad!!!
I guess the Justin Bieber part is a compliment. I'm not really sure.

Oh, I understand the giddiness. I get it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Change is hard, at least for me it always is. I hope this frees up some of her time and simplifies things for her. Teacher really do spend a lot of their own time doing school related things.

I also enjoy all the PC stuff I have too.
Thanks Vanessa. Yeah, right now she's spending almost all of her non-sleep time doing school related things. Something had to give.
glennbo123 is online now  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.