Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #31
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
The Rules Committee said that binary Judy's count, since even the photos from my digital camera are technically "binary". However, the additional pieces of arms and legs that could be seen in the computer game did not count as additional Judy's since it was the computer game's attempt to show motion.
Wow.

Complicated!

How did Marv feel about that one???
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #32
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Wow.

Complicated!

Yeah, it all seemed so simple when we started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
How did Marv feel about that one???
You're killin' me.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2011, 07:16 AM   #33
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well some people, who I won't name, made MULTIPLE posts on the coveted page 1.
Yeah, I can't believe Dan and Liesa did that!
Quote:
He's in for a Major disappointment.
I didn't see that one coming either! Glad you shared that PRIVATE moment with us.

And page 3 and still no updates??? I guess I'll sit back and wait while I have a few COLONELS of (...and no, I'm not Dan; I know it is spelled curnellz!)
Quote:
I predict that Liesa's going to be able to braid a rope with all of the threads she's going to need to get through her Odyssey.
You'll never be able to coil that bad boy!
Quote:
You're killin' me.

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 daysĖA spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 02-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #34
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Wow, that has to be a record!

Plus, you went for the whole schmeer -- 1st subscriber and Judy-spotter. Impressive.
thanks, i have been looking for the new thread for a few days, i can finally get some sleep now.

Quote:
Well some people, who I won't name, made MULTIPLE posts on the coveted page 1.
the nerve of some people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
some people geeze leweeze

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 02-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #35
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Ohhhh, binary Judys, I get it now.

I can't believe some people would rob the rest of us of being on page 1.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #36
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you Mr. Pot or Mr. Kettle?

Quote:
I didn't see that one coming either! Glad you shared that PRIVATE moment with us.

And page 3 and still no updates??? I guess I'll sit back and wait while I have a few COLONELS of (...and no, I'm not Dan; I know it is spelled curnellz!)
You'll never be able to coil that bad boy!
Oh boy. Have you got that out of your system now? If not, I've found that GENERALLY a little CORPORAL punishment will help you snap out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
thanks, i have been looking for the new thread for a few days, i can finally get some sleep now.
You are so dedicated Dan. You set a fine example for all of my TR readers. Except for the multiple page 1 posting thing.

Quote:
the nerve of some people.

some people geeze leweeze
What were they thinking?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Ohhhh, binary Judys, I get it now.

I can't believe some people would rob the rest of us of being on page 1.
You were just a victim Yuki.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #37
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Wow Glenn, 2 threads for the same trip! Impressive, quite impressive! I'm looking forward to the 2 1/2 days left of your trip!

Last I read (from your other thread) was that Lauren wasn't feeling well. Hope she was fine though, poor thing. Being ill at Disney is just so wrong, it shouldn't be allowed, right? I'll never forget the 1st time we took our DD's to Disney, my youngest was 4 and she licked (yup, you read that right) the railing of It's A Small World! By the time we got home, she was sick with a cold. It still makes my stomach turn to picture her licking a heavily used railing just caked on with germs!

You know, I've been thinking over the whole Judy game. I still think reflective Judy parts should be allowed (right Marv?). BTW, who's on the rules committee? I want to know who I should suck up, er I mean appeal to in case of mistaken Judy's. If you wanted to make it even more fun, you could allow the word "Judy" to count towards Judy sightings. Just some food for thought...

Last edited by 3prettyprincesses; 02-09-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #38
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Life Update - the end of an era

Since part of the trip Iím documenting in this TR was earned through PChef, and many of you have congratulated Judy on doing so well, I thought Iíd let you know that after about a 12-year run, Judy is hanging up her PChef apron. She resigned as a Director at the end of January, and will continue as a consultant through March because sheís paid for website services through that date.

Itís with a very heavy heart that she does this, since she worked so hard building up the business and sheís giving up a lot. But, sheís getting a lot of satisfaction from teaching and has decided that thatís the direction in which she wants to proceed. The first year of teaching can be very difficult because everything from lesson plans to tests have to be prepared almost from scratch. We had hoped that she could get her first year under her belt and then have more time to devote to PChef, but unfortunately it has become evident that thatís just not going to work.

In re-reading this, I realize that it must sound like some kind of a prepared statement to be read at a press conference. Sorry about that! I just thought Iíd share it with all of you since the topic naturally comes up here from time to time.

On a lighter note, I am working on an actual trip report update. However, I donít think Iíll be able to get it finished and posted until tomorrow at the earliest. Iím writing slowly because I know some of you out there donít read very fast. Okay, okay, forgive meÖthatís an old joke, but it does take me a while to get these things written out, even though it probably doesnít look that way!

Link to next chapter

Last edited by glennbo123; 02-10-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #39
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Wow Glenn, 2 threads for the same trip! Impressive, quite impressive! I'm looking forward to the 2 1/2 days left of your trip!
Hi Molly! Welcome back.

It's a little bit of a pain though, switching over. I wish we could stay with one thread.

Quote:
Last I read (from your other thread) was that Lauren wasn't feeling well. Hope she was fine though, poor thing. Being ill at Disney is just so wrong, it shouldn't be allowed, right? I'll never forget the 1st time we took our DD's to Disney, my youngest was 4 and she licked (yup, you read that right) the railing of It's A Small World! By the time we got home, she was sick with a cold. It still makes my stomach turn to picture her licking a heavily used railing just caked on with germs!
Yes, it absolutely shouldn't be allowed. Or, you should be able to at least get some fastpasses when you return.

I'm gagging, just thinking about what you described. If you could pick any railing in the World as the worst....that'd be it.

Quote:
You know, I've been thinking over the whole Judy game. I still think reflective Judy parts should be allowed (right Marv?).
I'm okay with reflective, and we gave Marv partial credit for some reflective Judy's during the Waste Mgmt game at Innoventions.

Quote:
BTW, who's on the rules committee? I want to know who I should suck up, er I mean appeal to in case of mistaken Judy's.
I have to respond like this....you know that scene at the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" when Indy asks that government bureaucrat guy what is being done with the Ark? The guy responds by saying, "We have top men working on it now." Indy says, "Who?" And his response is, "Top...men."

Quote:
If you wanted to make it even more fun, you could allow the word "Judy" to count towards Judy sightings. Just some food for thought...
Good ideas, but it wouldn't take long for technically savvy people (okay, it'd be a while 'til Marv caught on, but maybe others ) to figure out that they could just quote the whole post, copy the text and plop it into Word, and then do a "Find" on the word "Judy". They'd have the total in 3 seconds.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #40
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you Mr. Pot or Mr. Kettle?
Well, since Rosie is old enough to be Ma Kettle, I guess I will take the Pot (but I won't inhale........)
Quote:
Oh boy. Have you got that out of your system now? If not, I've found that GENERALLY a little CORPORAL punishment will help you snap out of it.
Sorry, I left my spoon in Norway on our last trip!!!
Quote:
I'll never forget the 1st time we took our DD's to Disney, my youngest was 4 and she licked (yup, you read that right) the railing of It's A Small World! By the time we got home, she was sick with a cold. It still makes my stomach turn to picture her licking a heavily used railing just caked on with germs!

Quote:
You know, I've been thinking over the whole Judy game. I still think reflective Judy parts should be allowed (right Marv?). BTW, who's on the rules committee? I want to know who I should suck up, er I mean appeal to in case of mistaken Judy's. If you wanted to make it even more fun, you could allow the word "Judy" to count towards Judy sightings. Just some food for thought...
And you thought I was your problem child........
Quote:
On a lighter note, I am working on an actual trip report update. However, I donít think Iíll be able to get it finished and posted until tomorrow at the earliest. Iím writing slowly because I know some of you out there donít read very fast. Okay, okay, forgive meÖthatís an old joke, but it does take me a while to get these things written out, even though it probably doesnít look that way!
I know that was a tough decision for Judy since I know with things like that you not only make some really good business associates, but also some good friends! On the bright side, you guys don't have to plan around PChef trips any more so you can schedule your visits to Disney when we will also be at Kidani and Judy will get to see me more.

As for that last part of your update, I will be back to comment later when I've had the chance to finish reading it.........

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Old 02-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #41
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Thanks for the life update Glenn. I hear you on the first year crunch. Tracy is pondering changing grade levels next year and having to re-do everything is daunting. Iíll be keeping Judy in my prayers. On the bright side, you donít have to worry about paying for any more free trips.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #42
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

sorry to see that she is giving it up, now you can schedule your trips so they dont colide with marvs at all.

Quote:
You are so dedicated Dan. You set a fine example for all of my TR readers.
read the bolded type very clearly marv, you could learn a thing or two from me.

just dont have me type it for you or you will never get it.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 02-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #43
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
sorry to see that she is giving it up, now you can schedule your trips so they dont colide with marvs at all.

read the bolded type very clearly marv, you could learn a thing or two from me.

just dont have me type it for you or you will never get it.

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Old 02-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #44
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

OH no!!! Did I break a DIS Rule of Etiquette?? I am so ashamed.

Just kidding.

re: PChef... I can sense Judy must really be feeling both relieved a bit AND sad to see this chapter end. I cannot even imagine the hard work and time she put into building this business up and I can also get the feeling that she really genuinely enjoyed doing it. I know that teaching can be very rewarding too, so every blessing to her on this new adventure!

Last edited by All7OfUs; 02-09-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:12 PM   #45
Elianor
Mouseketeer

Hello, I am so glad you are going to finish this and that I found it! I've read your first trip report and have been hooked ever since. Sorry to be creepy lurker person, but I wanted you to know how much fun it's been reading along with you while dealing with epic midwest snow.

These trip reports are the only thing keeping me sane right now.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: