Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #391
marvali
DIS Veteran

Nice update at The Wave! Looks pretty good. Before I read any further, and before being tainted by other guesses that I know have already been submitted after this long, I'm going to say there were 6 Judy's if that is her in the bottom right corner of the Boardwalk picture. Now I will read on and see what everyone else guessed and how many is correct since I'm sure I'm already waaayyyy too late to this party!

Sorry I haven't been around lately Glenn, but you know why already. Just taking this chance to get caught up with everyone!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 03-06-2011, 03:07 PM   #392
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
This has to be a record....over 12 hours since the post went up and still no winner in the Judy-sighting contest.

Since this has been a tougher one, and to prevent just guessing a certain number, please submit future guesses with the picture numbers from the post (ie. first picture of the post, second, etc.) you see her in.

A couple of hints.
  • She is not in the juggler picture.
  • She is in a picture that I don't think anyone has noticed/referenced yet.
  • And lastly....
Made it to this post but will reserve comment until.........................
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Ok, I see 6 Judys!

First 2 are on the bus...one of her sitting and one of her reflection in the bus window.

Next one is at The Wave walking in wearing a black sweater.

Then she's in the one talking with your Dsil.

And that's her arm with her silver bracelet in the food pic with her fish plate.

Lastly, in the boardwalk pic walking ahead to the right, wearing her black sweater yet again.

Am I right????
These are the six I saw too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
That'd definitely be something he'd say! You're not creepy at all! So there
Hey, I've been stalked by Glenn and still you wouldn't hear me call him creepy!!!

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #393
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have a piece of paper here from the Rules Committee and it says, "5 pictures. Numbers 1, 2, 3, 8, and 10". You've won this round Jenbear!

I know I'll take a lot of flak over this, but the Rules Committee is only going with 1 Judy from the first photo. I know you won't mind, since you gave Jenbear the lucky shamrock ring in her signature.
The Rules Committee needs a second career as basketball refs! They apparently already have the blind side of that deal down!

At least in my contest some people have pointed out a couple I didn't even notice were there and I was man enough to say "oh crap" better add those to the total. And in case anyone is wondering why I haven't posted a final result in the Ali-do contest yet, they may want to take a lesson from a few rounds of the Judy-do contest.........
Quote:
Bummer! Don't worry, I won't challenge the Rules Committee, it's not like I'm Marv! Besides, Jen is fabulous so I certainly don't mind losing to her in the least! Great job Jen!!
Oops!
Quote:
Yay, we headed Marv off at the pass!
Well, at least in some things......
Quote:
Awww, you're a sweetie Jen. And I LOVE your sarcastic nature! I come from a long line of sarcastic family members myself.
Sarcastic? Well, not the word I would have used, but okay.....
Quote:
I suppose we should all be glad Marv's too busy with work to come over and raise objections!
No objections. Way too late for those. Just rulings......now that's something completely different!!!

Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Old 03-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #394
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Judy and her sister getting the same dish definitely made it more confusing regarding whose wrist that could be.

You were right to recant the juggler picture, but I don't think you saw her walking ahead of me in the one Boardwalk picture.

I never really added in the juggler picture, I saw it after I recanted the Food /wrist picture.

my first answer 5 was right. Going from memory not looking at pictures.
bus -
walking into WAVE
talking w/DSiL
food/wrist
boardwalk

But I blew it by second guessing.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 03-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #395
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

I normally view the bus rides at Disney as an adventure, but your adventure on this night took a wrong turn. Congrats to you for keeping your cool.

Diner looked pretty good. After reading Jordan's, MEK's and your review I think I might want to give the Wave a try someday.

Anytime we have ever used transportation to the Boardwalk area we get off at the first stop Swan/Dolphin on walk over to where we need to be.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 03-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #396
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Ok, I change to 5 Judy's because I'm pretty sure that's Judy's hand in #8 after you gave us that clue. Am I close?
You're exactly right Yuki! But another sharp-eyed Canadian beat you to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
what a great date night you had with the 3rd wheel....jk!
I thought about working that into the title, but figured I'd better not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Those buses can drive you insane sometime. We had the worst time on a bus trying to get to Boardwalk to visit also. I was too confused to even know what we did to try to add it to my TR though!
They can be a royal pain sometimes. It's a shame...I'd bet the bus service is the number 1 complaint of people staying on-property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Your Wave dinner looks delicious! I love the atmosphere in there - Definitely wavy Now for your travel - Keeps confirming to me why we rent a car. I just do not have the patience to waste half my vacation waiting for buses and all that that entails.
We did have a really nice meal. I hope I didn't slam the restaurant too hard -- we enjoyed it, but will keep on trying new places that we haven't been to yet.

For now, I'll still stick with the buses, but if get a couple more trips like that one....who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Nice update at The Wave! Looks pretty good. Before I read any further, and before being tainted by other guesses that I know have already been submitted after this long, I'm going to say there were 6 Judy's if that is her in the bottom right corner of the Boardwalk picture. Now I will read on and see what everyone else guessed and how many is correct since I'm sure I'm already waaayyyy too late to this party!

Sorry I haven't been around lately Glenn, but you know why already. Just taking this chance to get caught up with everyone!
Hey, glad you found some time to come up for air and get on here over the weekend. I hope you got some famly time too.

Quote:
Made it to this post but will reserve comment until.........................
These are the six I saw too!
Well, I'm glad to see that you agree.

Quote:
Hey, I've been stalked by Glenn and still you wouldn't hear me call him creepy!!!
Aw, shucks.

Quote:
The Rules Committee needs a second career as basketball refs! They apparently already have the blind side of that deal down!
Good to know I've got a fall-back career.

Quote:
At least in my contest some people have pointed out a couple I didn't even notice were there and I was man enough to say "oh crap" better add those to the total. And in case anyone is wondering why I haven't posted a final result in the Ali-do contest yet, they may want to take a lesson from a few rounds of the Judy-do contest.........
I said "oh crap, I missed seeing that one" once....when Molly stole the "Dis-meet with Hucifer" chapter out from under you with the reflection in the table.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #397
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I never really added in the juggler picture, I saw it after I recanted the Food /wrist picture.

my first answer 5 was right. Going from memory not looking at pictures.
bus -
walking into WAVE
talking w/DSiL
food/wrist
boardwalk

But I blew it by second guessing.
Oh wow, in that case, you really did because I saw the original unedited post and was about to congratulate you, but decided to look at a couple of other threads first. When I came back, you had edited it. Oh well. At least I'm glad it's not too easy of a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I normally view the bus rides at Disney as an adventure, but your adventure on this night took a wrong turn. Congrats to you for keeping your cool.
Thanks, it wasn't easy. Although, I think I was more exasperated than angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Diner looked pretty good. After reading Jordan's, MEK's and your review I think I might want to give the Wave a try someday.

Anytime we have ever used transportation to the Boardwalk area we get off at the first stop Swan/Dolphin on walk over to where we need to be.
I just don't know my way around that area well enough to do that, yet anyhow. But I'll keep that in mind for next time!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #398
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh wow, in that case, you really did because I saw the original unedited post and was about to congratulate you, but decided to look at a couple of other threads first. When I came back, you had edited it. Oh well. At least I'm glad it's not too easy of a game.
For a made up game, that was not made up until after all the pictures were taken - no not easy. I can only imagine how hard it would be if you tried to make it challenging.

Quote:
I just don't know my way around that area well enough to do that, yet anyhow. But I'll keep that in mind for next time!
I felt that way too but after MYoAP-( My year of the Annual pass)- I learned many things and getting from DHS to EPCOT and using the Boardwalk resorts as a hub when needed was one thing I learned. I have always thought the walk was way longer than it actually is and the worst thing that can happen is you have a great walk and a great view while doing it.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 03-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #399
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nah, that sounds too much like "civil".

Chopping any firewood tonight Lizzie, or do you have some other things in mind for that axe?

First of all I am very CIVIL!!! A smart mouth YES but a Civil Smart Mouth

I do have an AXE to grind !!!

Quote:
Oooooh, 3 Judys!
Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I see 5 Judy's.

Wrong

Cuz I see 4 !!!!

i am amending to 4 Judy's. I had to go back and double check what DSiL was wearing vs. what Judy was wearing.
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 03-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #400
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Now to comment on the Wave !!!I have always ordered the steak andit is very good I see a new trio of desserts that I want to try !! My fav before was the no sugar added one !!!

I haven't been around much as I have been busy changing plans !!I know that is a tradition with us Dissers but these ones were really complicated to fugure out !!Now tomorrow I am off to Albany again for work so have a 19hour day at least !!Will chat again on Wednesday !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 03-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #401
Shell & Ted
Mouseketeer

We had some issues with slow bus service when we were there in December. I think 50% of the time we ended up with a new driver enroute. The Wave looks awesome.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #402
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Well BOO!!! for the bus problems!! This is why I'm glad to have a car with us at WDW. I think if we were to start flying, I would rent a car. It just makes things so much easier....and faster!

We enjoyed the Wave when we went last February. I would like to try it again on a future trip.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #403
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

PLaying catch up. Love that you and Marlene had such a good afternoon together, and I especially love the joy in her face in the room when she got someone to answer. On a side note, if we had a daughter the name Marlene was on my short list. My mil was Bertha Marlene, she died from breast cancer in 1990 when I barely suspected I was pregnant with #2. Dh always wanted a Danielle....since he's a Danny...my idea was Marlene Danielle.....or shortened to marley Dann. But we have nothing but boys in this house.

I would have stunk on the judys this time. I've been using the iPad to catch up, but it doesn't like to load all the pictures

Now to catch up somewhere else. If you want to take a break so I can get ahead that would be ok

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)
Old 03-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #404
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Great update Glenn!

I don't blame you for taking the etree as delivered.

That STINKS about the bus driver.

I'd be a bit fuming myself. Literally. I mean an hour and half after that type of a meal...the fumes would be fierce.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #405
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Great update Glenn!

I don't blame you for taking the etree as delivered.

That STINKS about the bus driver.

I'd be a bit fuming myself. Literally. I mean an hour and half after that type of a meal...the fumes would be fierce.
Ahh, GB, great to have you around...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: