Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #376
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
I really want to guess Judys, but I was going to guess three, and that was shot down.
There were 3 obvious ones, and a couple more that were much trickier.

Quote:
Geez, that's a really long time to have dinner and tour a resort! Slow bus drivers. 'Nough said.
Yeah, 'nough said.

Quote:
I guess there's one way to look at it: You got upgraded!! Your steak, that is.
That's true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Oy, what a bus!

My mom and I had to wait a good 15 minutes last spring for a bus driver to pull forward about three feet. We were at AKL, right in front of the stop, but he insisted he couldn't open the door until the bus in front of him moved away, thus enabling him to move forward those last few feet. It was torture.
That's got to be the worst! I don't know if I could've stood it. Did he have a near-mutiny on his hands?
Old 03-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #377
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I know I'll take a lot of flak over this, but the Rules Committee is only going with 1 Judy from the first photo. I know you won't mind, since you gave Jenbear the lucky shamrock ring in her signature.
Bummer! Don't worry, I won't challenge the Rules Committee, it's not like I'm Marv! Besides, Jen is fabulous so I certainly don't mind losing to her in the least! Great job Jen!!
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #378
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Overall, The Wave was a fine meal, but considering the expense it didn’t blow us away.
Oh, good! Wait... not "good" as in, 'glad you weren't blown away,' but "good" as in, it wasn't just me who wasn't overly impressed with The Wave! I had such high expectations, but I agree with you 100%; it was fine, but nothing to which I feel a need to repeat.

And Dude. The bus experience? And that's why I choose to drive most places at WDW - I'e had that kind of bus night and I never want to do it again, lol!

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 03-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #379
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Aw, no plans yet???
We're still thinking summer of 2012....probably right after Bubba leaves again.

Quote:
True. Either that or walk home
Hmmm, not an option.

Quote:
That'd definitely be something he'd say! You're not creepy at all! So there
Yay, we headed Marv off at the pass!

Quote:
WOOHOO! I think that's the first time I've ever participated in the guess how many Judy's game. See what I can accomplish when I'm on here 24/7?
I thought that might be your first win. Er, I mean, yeah, according to my fastidious notes, that's your first win.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #380
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Bummer! Don't worry, I won't challenge the Rules Committee, it's not like I'm Marv! Besides, Jen is fabulous so I certainly don't mind losing to her in the least! Great job Jen!!
That's mighty sportin' of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Oh, good! Wait... not "good" as in, 'glad you weren't blown away,' but "good" as in, it wasn't just me who wasn't overly impressed with The Wave!

Quote:
I had such high expectations, but I agree with you 100%; it was fine, but nothing to which I feel a need to repeat.
I'm with you V. I can move down the list of the yet-to-do's.

Quote:
And Dude.
You've got me laughing already, dudette.

Quote:
The bus experience? And that's why I choose to drive most places at WDW - I'e had that kind of bus night and I never want to do it again, lol!
I know, I know, I know. I've had several myself. This is the second in this TR alone. I just really like the convenience of not dealing with a car for a whole week. I keep hoping they'll improve the bus service somehow.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #381
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Now look you've made me blush! You're too kind! These guess the number of Judy's is really hard! I never get in before someone has already guessed.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #382
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Now look you've made me blush! You're too kind! These guess the number of Judy's is really hard! I never get in before someone has already guessed.
I'm glad you got into a round with some Judy's!!!! Last time I WON in a round with ZERO!!!

Old 03-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #383
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I'm glad you got into a round with some Judy's!!!! Last time I WON in a round with ZERO!!!
At least you got it right!
Old 03-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #384
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
This has to be a record....over 12 hours since the post went up and still no winner in the Judy-sighting contest.

Since this has been a tougher one, and to prevent just guessing a certain number, please submit future guesses with the picture numbers from the post (ie. first picture of the post, second, etc.) you see her in.

A couple of hints.
  • She is not in the juggler picture.
  • She is in a picture that I don't think anyone has noticed/referenced yet.
  • And lastly....

ACK I am back to 5 Judy's b/c that is a napkin in her lap, not your DSiL clothes.

ETA- No I had the Food pic but I saw the white ( which I realize now was the napkin not clothes) and knew that Judy had on a patterned dress. Not being able to see other arms and jewlery I was unsure who's arm since you said both Judy and the DSiL had the same thing.

I was recanting the 5 for 4 when I then saw the top of the head in the picture with the juggler. I did not want to add that one in since Judy's hair is lighter and I don't think she was that short.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 03-04-2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: ALWAYS GO WITH YOUR FIRST ANSWER.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #385
MEK
DIS Veteran

I read your update this morning and I really thought I responded, but I guess not. I'm just losing it. TGIF is all I can say!

Anyhoo....I have had both of those entrees at The Wave and the both were very good. I love the Wave on the dining plan. Why, you ask? Smoothies!!!!! Your appes look pretty good.

I really think you described the bus ride(s) from hell. 90 mins to get to the Boardwalk???? That is nuts! Was it worth it?????

Great update. Love Judy's outfit!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #386
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
Awww, you're a sweetie Jen. And I LOVE your sarcastic nature! I come from a long line of sarcastic family members myself.

I get so excited when I guess correctly but I'm usually not quick enough either! All I can say is that I have never scrutnized pictures like this before in my life!

I suppose we should all be glad Marv's too busy with work to come over and raise objections!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #387
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You need to just park yourself on my thread and hit 'Refresh' every 30 seconds or so, like Molly does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Just be careful, the last time it seemed there would be a "no Judy" update, she still appeared in a thought bubble.

Quote:
At least you got it right!
And were first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
ACK I am back to 5 Judy's b/c that is a napkin in her lap, not your DSiL clothes.

ETA- No I had the Food pic but I saw the white ( which I realize now was the napkin not clothes) and knew that Judy had on a patterned dress. Not being able to see other arms and jewlery I was unsure who's arm since you said both Judy and the DSiL had the same thing.

I was recanting the 5 for 4 when I then saw the top of the head in the picture with the juggler. I did not want to add that one in since Judy's hair is lighter and I don't think she was that short.
Judy and her sister getting the same dish definitely made it more confusing regarding whose wrist that could be.

You were right to recant the juggler picture, but I don't think you saw her walking ahead of me in the one Boardwalk picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I read your update this morning and I really thought I responded, but I guess not. I'm just losing it. TGIF is all I can say!
Thank goodness!

Quote:
Anyhoo....I have had both of those entrees at The Wave and the both were very good. I love the Wave on the dining plan. Why, you ask? Smoothies!!!!! Your appes look pretty good.
Smoothies huh? I didn't know to try them. Yeah, with the dining plan it might be a different story.

Quote:
I really think you described the bus ride(s) from hell. 90 mins to get to the Boardwalk???? That is nuts! Was it worth it?????
Um, not really. But now I can say I've been there. For what that's worth.

Quote:
Great update. Love Judy's outfit!
Thanks.

Oh, I should have put in the chapter that she bought that dress on the trip. She got it at Animal Kingdom at a shop near the entrance/exit. It's not a "Disney" design (ie. no Mickey's or Tinkerbelle's or anything), so maybe the shop near the entrance is affiliated with Rainforest Cafe?

Quote:
Awww, you're a sweetie Jen. And I LOVE your sarcastic nature! I come from a long line of sarcastic family members myself.
Noooo! (Hee hee. How was that?)

Quote:
I get so excited when I guess correctly but I'm usually not quick enough either! All I can say is that I have never scrutnized pictures like this before in my life!
Judy will be sooo happy to hear that. (Ha ha, I did it again.)

Quote:
I suppose we should all be glad Marv's too busy with work to come over and raise objections!
And it's costing me a pretty penny too....to throw a whole contract their way just to keep him busy.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:21 AM   #388
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Ok, I change to 5 Judy's because I'm pretty sure that's Judy's hand in #8 after you gave us that clue. Am I close?
Old 03-05-2011, 02:07 PM   #389
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

what a great date night you had with the 3rd wheel....jk!

Those buses can drive you insane sometime. We had the worst time on a bus trying to get to Boardwalk to visit also. I was too confused to even know what we did to try to add it to my TR though!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Old 03-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #390
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Your Wave dinner looks delicious! I love the atmosphere in there - Definitely wavy Now for your travel - Keeps confirming to me why we rent a car. I just do not have the patience to waste half my vacation waiting for buses and all that that entails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
One thing I have noticed when travelling in the US that while there are many offerings at an afforable price point (cheap motels, family restaurants etc.) there seems to be a much larger luxury market. Really nice places seem to be more expensive than in Europe (well, I guess London, Paris and NYC are about on the same level however). Also there are many more "events" being sold for premium prices. An example at WDW for this is the new Wild Africa Trek. I thought it was pricey at 129 $ per person, but 189 $ is just ! I am sure that West Europeans don't have that much less money available. But I think many have more vacation days. So possibly Europeans tend to spread out their vacation money more???
I don't think Americans have more money than Europeans. I think we use alot of credit cards!, then pay them off for next year's trip. I think they have the luxury market, see who will book at the higher rates, then offer "deals" to travel agents, web visitors, etc. to book at lower rates when they need to. I don't think the price of that Wild Africa Trek is doable to MOST of us - especially like Glenn said for a family. Maybe if you are taking more vacations, you spread the money out. We are finding that we take a few more trips now for some reason, and have to budget accordingly.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: