Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #361
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Once we got going, DSiL said, “Thanks for letting me tag along on your ‘date night’ ”. We said, “Oh, no problem”, and it really was ‘no problem’, but I was a little shocked that she said that and called it our ‘date night’. I guess I shouldn’t be…duh, before she joined us it was going to be just the two of us going out to dinner, sans kids. That kind of looks and smells like a date night.
You're very considerate. I guard date nights like the Hope Diamond. Probably because they're equally as rare.

Quote:
I had to get a picture of the dining room. I hoped I didn’t creep anybody out. By taking a picture, I mean. Hopefully, I don’t creep anybody out by just being there. Hey, people I’ve had DIS-meets with feel free to chime in here. As long as the news is good. Hello? Anyone?
Bueller?

Hey, like I said before, you're a good guy. I only got a mild serial-killer vibe from you at best. But you didn't take pictures of the room during our meal.

Quote:
Judy asked, “Didn’t you order something else?” I said, “yeah, but this is fine”. Hey, I’m not hard to please.
And you still got steak.

Quote:
We boarded, sat down, and the driver announced to the bus: “We’re just waiting for a relief driver”. Oh no. After a few minutes, the new guy showed up and he was S-L-O-W. As in molasses in January, in a much different climate than Florida. And of course, he had to load a scooter. The former driver offered to help him with the scooter (can you hear me imploring “Yes! Yes!”), but he declined.
(insert slow motion of Glenn) NOOOOOOOOoooooooooo...

Quote:
I was rather annoyed with the driver, but at least I knew we could walk to the Boardwalk from there. On our walk, we were passed by other people who’d been on the bus with us and they were fuming. One guy sounded like Yosemite Sam, with all the “ricken racken” unintelligible cursing and smoke coming from his ears.

I took this picture of the Boardwalk on our walk over and the timestamp on it is 9:49, nearly an hour and a half after we’d left the Contemporary.
Ugh. What an ordeal. That "one guy" wouldn't be you, would it? Or were you doing the Tasmanian Devil thing instead?

Quote:
Maybe he was just parking an airplane?

Quote:
At Downtown Disney, we caught an Animal Kingdom Lodge bus pretty quickly, but it was FREEZING. The A/C was cranked and we were all shivering. When the driver arrived at the West Side of Downtown Disney, he announced that a relief driver would be taking us the rest of the way. Are you kidding me?!
What is it with the A/C on the DTD buses? We must have had the same one--the one that doubled as a meat locker.

And did you have a sign on your forehead that said, "Please give me the untrained rookie driver."?
Old 03-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #362
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

4 judys

oven mitten come on glenn man up and use your bare hands to get it out.

either that or go to the bathroom and get a hand towel double it over and use that.

what an experience..good thing you got off when you did even if it was the wrong hotel as you might have had to wait longer at the next stop if they had to unload the wheelchair with you still on the bus.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #363
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
One thing I have noticed when travelling in the US that while there are many offerings at an afforable price point (cheap motels, family restaurants etc.) there seems to be a much larger luxury market. Really nice places seem to be more expensive than in Europe (well, I guess London, Paris and NYC are about on the same level however). Also there are many more "events" being sold for premium prices. An example at WDW for this is the new Wild Africa Trek. I thought it was pricey at 129 $ per person, but 189 $ is just ! I am sure that West Europeans don't have that much less money available. But I think many have more vacation days. So possibly Europeans tend to spread out their vacation money more???
I didn't see that they'd raised the price of that Wild Africa Trek. Since I haven't been on it, I can't judge whether it's worth that much, but I'm pretty much priced-out of those tours. Maybe someday when it's just Judy and I, but I can't pay those prices for 5 of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Unless that is the top of her head by the juggler!?!?!?

The hand I thought might be her's at dinner I deemed to be your DSiL.

Then i spot the top of the head.

I will stand 4 Judy's.
Mmm hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Wow that may be the longest trip ever from the MK to the Swan! (I know this is of no help now, but it may have actually been a slightly shorter walk for you to get out at the Swan and go to the Boardwalk from there, as opposed to the YC. Plus it would have gotten you off the slowest bus ever. I know I would have been practically leaping out at random stop signs at that point.) That's too bad you weren't able to spend a lot of time around the Boardwalk - I love that area! At least you did get to visit though...
Yeah, well every once in a while you get one of those bus trips.

I'd seen enough maps to know how to get to the Boardwalk from the Yacht Club, but I have no idea where the Swan and Dolphin are in relation to it. Plus, when we were waiting at the Swan and Dolphin stops, we were still expecting that the bus would continue on to the Boardwalk....it wasn't supposed to go to the Yacht Club!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #364
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
You're very considerate. I guard date nights like the Hope Diamond. Probably because they're equally as rare.
Isn't that the one that's supposedly cursed, and everyone who owns it dies a horrible, wretched, painful, and untimely death? Not the analogy you're going for I'm sure, but I understand what you mean.

Quote:
Bueller?
Anyone? Anyone? Then imagine this smiley, horizontal on a desk, with eyes closed.

Quote:
Hey, like I said before, you're a good guy. I only got a mild serial-killer vibe from you at best. But you didn't take pictures of the room during our meal.
I knew I'd get a vote of confidence somewhere.

I figure most of my TR readers can see what the inside of a Cheesecake Factory looks like somewhere within a 50-mile radius of their home.

Quote:
And you still got steak.
That is what counts. If it had been a veggie burger that they plopped in front of me, it would've been sent back in a nanosecond.

Quote:
(insert slow motion of Glenn) NOOOOOOOOoooooooooo...
Exactly!

Quote:
Ugh. What an ordeal. That "one guy" wouldn't be you, would it? Or were you doing the Tasmanian Devil thing instead?
I was ticked, but that "one guy" was really ticked. He was Yosemite Same and Taz all rolled into one. It was kind of funny in a way. He was walking twice as fast as us and just "ricken racken fricken fracken...."

Quote:
What is it with the A/C on the DTD buses? We must have had the same one--the one that doubled as a meat locker.
I forgot to mention the boxer who was training there, punching sides of beef. "Yo Adrian."

Quote:
And did you have a sign on your forehead that said, "Please give me the untrained rookie driver."?
Nuts, I knew I should've put that sign away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
4 judys

Quote:
oven mitten come on glenn man up and use your bare hands to get it out.

either that or go to the bathroom and get a hand towel double it over and use that.
Well obviously, that's what I would've done, but we were trying to leave before the pizza would be done so were getting everything ready for Lauren to take it out and dish it up.

Quote:
what an experience..good thing you got off when you did even if it was the wrong hotel as you might have had to wait longer at the next stop if they had to unload the wheelchair with you still on the bus.
Much more of that ride and I was going to need a wheelchair myself.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #365
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

This has to be a record....over 12 hours since the post went up and still no winner in the Judy-sighting contest.

Since this has been a tougher one, and to prevent just guessing a certain number, please submit future guesses with the picture numbers from the post (ie. first picture of the post, second, etc.) you see her in.

A couple of hints.
  • She is not in the juggler picture.
  • She is in a picture that I don't think anyone has noticed/referenced yet.
  • And lastly....
Old 03-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #366
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Don't worry about not getting the same server. Most of them at the Wave are very nice and helpful. Too bad they didn't bring you the right thing but hopefully you enjoyed the food. You didn't get dessert???

Ugh, what a terrible experience on the buses. That's one thing I'm most worried about when I go back in July. I think we'll just end up taking taxis for the longer trips from MK back to the resort if things are really busy. Or especially going resort to resort and you have an ADR!

It's too bad you couldn't spend more time at the Boardwalk but after that bus ordeal I'd just want to go back to bed!

By the way, no you are not creepy when you randomly take pictures

ETA: I'm trying to quote your pictures to show the Judy's I see (which is 5 btw) but everytime I do it, there's an error saying the pictures have been moved...but to cover my butt I'm going to number the pictures she's in! Picture #1,2,3,8,10

Last edited by jenbear123; 03-04-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #367
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:

I am sure that DVC is not for everyone. But I think it works for me. I don't mind not staying at the mods, I am deluxe girl. I love my interior hallways, I just don't get the American love for exterior hallways, we don't have them here in Germany - neither in appartment buildings. That's why Saratoga and OKW don't have very much appeal to me. And while I love the Poly, I don't think I will ever stay there again unless I get at least a 40% discount. Otherwise I just can't justify the price they ask. And how likely is it that those deep discounts will be around in the future?? It seems that already this year discounts aren't as available as in the past few years. And then one thing I figured: I could always rent out my points and use the money to pay cash for a room at the Poly if I want to!
Quote:
One thing I have noticed when travelling in the US that while there are many offerings at an afforable price point (cheap motels, family restaurants etc.) there seems to be a much larger luxury market. Really nice places seem to be more expensive than in Europe (well, I guess London, Paris and NYC are about on the same level however). Also there are many more "events" being sold for premium prices. An example at WDW for this is the new Wild Africa Trek. I thought it was pricey at 129 $ per person, but 189 $ is just ! I am sure that West Europeans don't have that much less money available. But I think many have more vacation days. So possibly Europeans tend to spread out their vacation money more???
You all are so full of insights I wouldn't have even thought of!! Kudos to all of you who do the thinking!

Quote:
I pretty much agree, except for the "I am a deluxe girl" part.

Ummm... yeah, that'd be weird!

Old 03-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #368
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post

He only creeped me out once, when he was wearing those star glasses at our Meet. But then again, we were ALL probably creeping the server and other patrons out.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #369
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I didn't see that they'd raised the price of that Wild Africa Trek. Since I haven't been on it, I can't judge whether it's worth that much, but I'm pretty much priced-out of those tours. Maybe someday when it's just Judy and I, but I can't pay those prices for 5 of us.
Yes, I understand. And even if you could. Is it really worth it? A three hour excursion for nearly 1000 $???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Unless that is the top of her head by the juggler!?!?!?

The hand I thought might be her's at dinner I deemed to be your DSiL.

Then i spot the top of the head.

I will stand 4 Judy's.
Ok, since Glenn declared the race still open I will take 5 Judys: pictures 1,2,3, 8, 10.

But I think Pat referenced pic 8 in her post above - so this goes against what Glenn says. But then she dismissed it.

ETA: Ok, Jen Ninja-edited on me there...
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 03-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #370
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Here it's working now!

Quote:

Old 03-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #371
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Ok, I see 6 Judys!

First 2 are on the bus...one of her sitting and one of her reflection in the bus window.

Next one is at The Wave walking in wearing a black sweater.

Then she's in the one talking with your Dsil.

And that's her arm with her silver bracelet in the food pic with her fish plate.

Lastly, in the boardwalk pic walking ahead to the right, wearing her black sweater yet again.

Am I right????
Old 03-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #372
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

I really want to guess Judys, but I was going to guess three, and that was shot down.

Geez, that's a really long time to have dinner and tour a resort! Slow bus drivers. 'Nough said.

I guess there's one way to look at it: You got upgraded!! Your steak, that is.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #373
norybell
DIS Veteran

Oy, what a bus!

My mom and I had to wait a good 15 minutes last spring for a bus driver to pull forward about three feet. We were at AKL, right in front of the stop, but he insisted he couldn't open the door until the bus in front of him moved away, thus enabling him to move forward those last few feet. It was torture.
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 03-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #374
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Don't worry about not getting the same server. Most of them at the Wave are very nice and helpful. Too bad they didn't bring you the right thing but hopefully you enjoyed the food. You didn't get dessert???
Yes, I figured we'd be in capable hands. She did a fine job, was attentive, and I don't remember that we had to wait extraordinarily long between courses or for our bill.

Quote:
Ugh, what a terrible experience on the buses. That's one thing I'm most worried about when I go back in July. I think we'll just end up taking taxis for the longer trips from MK back to the resort if things are really busy. Or especially going resort to resort and you have an ADR!
It was certainly a memorable experience. I really want the bus thing to work out...I'm still planning on going with the buses next time, whenever that is.

Quote:
It's too bad you couldn't spend more time at the Boardwalk but after that bus ordeal I'd just want to go back to bed!
Yeah, but that meant facing another bus. I suppose it ws inevitable sooner or later.

Quote:
If Marv weren't so busy at work, he'd probably pipe-in and say, "so, when is he creepy?"

Quote:
ETA: I'm trying to quote your pictures to show the Judy's I see (which is 5 btw) but everytime I do it, there's an error saying the pictures have been moved...but to cover my butt I'm going to number the pictures she's in! Picture #1,2,3,8,10
Oh, that was a good move on your part. The timestamp on your edit is 7 minutes ahead of Magdalene's post.

I have a piece of paper here from the Rules Committee and it says, "5 pictures. Numbers 1, 2, 3, 8, and 10". You've won this round Jenbear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
You all are so full of insights I wouldn't have even thought of!! Kudos to all of you who do the thinking!
When you go back to school....you might have to start. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Ummm... yeah, that'd be weird!

Quote:
He only creeped me out once, when he was wearing those star glasses at our Meet. But then again, we were ALL probably creeping the server and other patrons out.
I'm sure there was a lot of eye-rolling and discussions back in the kitchen on that night!

Quote:
Yes, I understand. And even if you could. Is it really worth it? A three hour excursion for nearly 1000 $???
I can't imagine it'd be worth that. That's equal to at least a dozen gift shop toothbrushes.

Quote:
Ok, since Glenn declared the race still open I will take 5 Judys: pictures 1,2,3, 8, 10.
That's what the judges were looking for, but....

Quote:
But I think Pat referenced pic 8 in her post above - so this goes against what Glenn says. But then she dismissed it.
She said 4, and I think she was counting the first three, and then the juggler photo, which wasn't a judy.

Quote:
ETA: Ok, Jen Ninja-edited on me there...
Yep, she got it this time. If the timstamp of the edit had been after your post, you would have gotten the nod.

Quote:
Here it's working now!
Nicely done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Ok, I see 6 Judys!

First 2 are on the bus...one of her sitting and one of her reflection in the bus window.

Next one is at The Wave walking in wearing a black sweater.

Then she's in the one talking with your Dsil.

And that's her arm with her silver bracelet in the food pic with her fish plate.

Lastly, in the boardwalk pic walking ahead to the right, wearing her black sweater yet again.

Am I right????
I know I'll take a lot of flak over this, but the Rules Committee is only going with 1 Judy from the first photo. I know you won't mind, since you gave Jenbear the lucky shamrock ring in her signature.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #375
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
It was certainly a memorable experience. I really want the bus thing to work out...I'm still planning on going with the buses next time, whenever that is.
Aw, no plans yet???

Quote:
Yeah, but that meant facing another bus. I suppose it ws inevitable sooner or later.
True. Either that or walk home

Quote:
If Marv weren't so busy at work, he'd probably pipe-in and say, "so, when is he creepy?"
That'd definitely be something he'd say! You're not creepy at all! So there

Quote:
Oh, that was a good move on your part. The timestamp on your edit is 7 minutes ahead of Magdalene's post.

I have a piece of paper here from the Rules Committee and it says, "5 pictures. Numbers 1, 2, 3, 8, and 10". You've won this round Jenbear!
WOOHOO! I think that's the first time I've ever participated in the guess how many Judy's game. See what I can accomplish when I'm on here 24/7?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: