Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #331
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Yeah, yeah, I know....it would just needed some washing. Or that blue liquid that barbers use for their combs. Or the mystery aerosol spray that shoot into rental bowling shoes. But still....ew.
Chicken.

Quote:
Jordan had a game on his PTR with a bunch of questions from previous trip reports of his. Great Biscuit and I were co-winners and we each got Disney gift cards! I used mine for a beer flight at Biergarten....and something else that hasn't come up yet in the TR.

Ooooooooooooooh, now I get it!

Quote:
Not much happens by accident at Disney, does it.

Definitely NOT.

Quote:
Thank you ma'am.

That's Mrs. Ma'am to you.

Quote:
It looks like Klingon!
It only took me 2 years to learn it. I'll bet it took you longer to learn "DVC".

Quote:
Good one! It's like one I was thinking of...something like "Psst. At exactly 7:32, we're making a break for it. Pass it on."
That's good too.

Quote:
You make it sound like I was cruising the lounge.

I hear the River Roost is a good one for that. Some top-notch entertainment there, and they encourage matching shirts.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #332
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're trying to get me to say something that will get me in trouble. Something like, "multiple problems makes for a harder diagnosis". But no, I'm going to take the high-ground and not say anything like that.

Are you now saying I am Sybil!!!!?????
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #333
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Hey GB!

Most excellent update! Love that someone in England picked up. That's mighty nifty right there.

Great job on the photos!

Love the pano pic.

And the zooming.

Big fan of the zoom.

Sorry to hear the points didn't work out, but glad you didn't wind up with something you weren't happy with.

Take care bro!

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #334
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Sybil checking in before work !!!Maybe tonite I will be Lizzie (as in Borden)
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #335
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
It only took me 2 years to learn it. I'll bet it took you longer to learn "DVC".
DVC is pretty hard - I spent 40 minutes on the phone talking to member services just now due to possible changes to trip plans... (more to be revealed soon). Now my head feels all weired. But at least the lady I spoke to was very friendly!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 03-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #336
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Chicken.
Pretty much.

Quote:
That's Mrs. Ma'am to you.
Yes, Mrs. Ma'am.

Quote:
You must've taken a Klingon Rosetta Stone course or something. They need one for DVC.

Quote:
I hear the River Roost is a good one for that. Some top-notch entertainment there, and they encourage matching shirts.
Oooooo, I know who that's referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Are you now saying I am Sybil!!!!?????
Nah, that sounds too much like "civil".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Hey GB!
Yo, bro!

Quote:
Most excellent update! Love that someone in England picked up. That's mighty nifty right there.
Thanks dude. It was mighty nifty.

Quote:
Great job on the photos!

Love the pano pic.

And the zooming.

Big fan of the zoom.
Thanks! You were the inspiration for, and technical advisor of, those pano pics.

Quote:
Sorry to hear the points didn't work out, but glad you didn't wind up with something you weren't happy with.

Take care bro!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was for the better.

You too GB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Sybil checking in before work !!!Maybe tonite I will be Lizzie (as in Borden)
Chopping any firewood tonight Lizzie, or do you have some other things in mind for that axe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
DVC is pretty hard - I spent 40 minutes on the phone talking to member services just now due to possible changes to trip plans... (more to be revealed soon). Now my head feels all weired. But at least the lady I spoke to was very friendly!
Oh no. I don't understand some of the rules around changes....like "points in holding status". I hope your changes are far enough in advance that you don't have that situation. Yay for friendly member services personnel.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #337
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh no. I don't understand some of the rules around changes....like "points in holding status". I hope your changes are far enough in advance that you don't have that situation. Yay for friendly member services personnel.
That "if you cancel within 30 days your points will go into holding" thing really scared me to death the first time I heard it... Thanks to the DVC boards here, I feel I got quite a good course in basic DVC - I guess I am able to communicate, but am still far from fluent. The advantage for me is that DVC is a language which is related to legal babble in which I got a degree and am quite fluent. And as with all other languages, it really helps if you already know one from the same family.

No "holding" situations for me - only the problem of scarce availability at my home resort during Food & Wine...
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 03-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #338
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

The story of James & the mister was too funny - can you tell it to me again??

Great pictures of all the animals viewed from your balcony.
I'm glad Marlene was able to get someone to pick up!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Old 03-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #339
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Quote:
Thanks! You were the inspiration for, and technical advisor of, those pano pics.
Glennbo Technical Advisor...DUDE! I'm putting that on my resume!

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #340
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You don't look so hot and sweaty here, did the Photopass gal powder your nose?

Quote:
Voices of Liberty is one of my absolute favorite must-dos in all of WDW. I wonder how many singers they have altogether? The only one from your group that I saw this weekend is the tallest woman, the blond in the red dress. And I've seen her a lot.

Quote:
I asked Marlene if she wanted to meet Mulan, but she didn’t. I guess she’s gotten too old for that kind of thing. <sniff>
That's too sad. I think we are getting close to that already with Jenna at age 10.

Quote:
We especially liked this smiling guy. He must have been the joker of his platoon, singing “Do Wah Diddy” on forced marches and what-not.

Quote:

* There are no paid product endorsements in this trip report. But that’s not to say that there couldn’t be…..for the right price. This is just an example of the kind of attention-grabbing promotion your product could receive.
I may take you up on that!!

Quote:
I love this picture!!!

Quote:
I think we need a caption contest for this next one. Maybe something that starts with “Psst. Don’t look now but,....”
but I think that guy over there is speaking Klingon.... oh wait, no, I believe it's DVC. Its so hard to tell with romance languages.

Quote:

Let me translate for my fellow non-DVCers...

awoivnawivouek boehteaf, boeuavnei, bh[wqiuwa, ho a hvhivha , vaoehkv...
aoiaej eueereurelwk, euar taheas guaeh ghau]glsy, ksusult;ze, azuzuuquie, atuoeauvekuruea auasoeiruas!!!! aieuars avieua;lpoi, dufauraaw3j euafs uf;aldweije aiugv reihrs fveisjg opiouu ei u3iewrua 3,000,000, 000. aoriue reteruweua eslue wuea h ue]]a cea;tuaskvj faueuf.
I couldn't agree more. I've often said as much myself.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #341
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
It just looks so incredibly complicated and scary!! Even if I had the money, it would seem like I'd have to spend decades studying what I was getting into- then again, I still debate whether it's attractive to me.... I mean, NO POLY??!! No mods??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
Voices of Liberty is one of my absolute favorite must-dos in all of WDW. I wonder how many singers they have altogether? The only one from your group that I saw this weekend is the tallest woman, the blond in the red dress. And I've seen her a lot.

My pix show other singers as well. They must have alternates that fill in or what not.

avoua aeur, whatever nvlivu ruerua!

Old 03-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #342
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Great update! I think I smiled the whole time I was reading it. The stories about the kids are excellent, too. And what amazing views! We walked out and checked out the view from Jambo House when we were there in February and my husband was just sort of like, oh, yeah, now I get it. We have to stay here! I cannot believe that you put together a photograph like the one you did of your view. So cool. This trip made me realize what a ridiculously inept photographer I am.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 03-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #343
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That "if you cancel within 30 days your points will go into holding" thing really scared me to death the first time I heard it... Thanks to the DVC boards here, I feel I got quite a good course in basic DVC - I guess I am able to communicate, but am still far from fluent. The advantage for me is that DVC is a language which is related to legal babble in which I got a degree and am quite fluent. And as with all other languages, it really helps if you already know one from the same family.
I think most of it is pretty straightforward, really.

Quote:
No "holding" situations for me - only the problem of scarce availability at my home resort during Food & Wine...
Well, that's good. The "no holding situations" part, I mean. Yeah, those Epcot resorts are notoriously difficult to get during Food & Wine unless you have the home resort booking advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
The story of James & the mister was too funny - can you tell it to me again??
What, you've never heard it? Well, this one time Judy had a booth at a local festival, and it was realllly hot, see. So James goes to a vendor a couple of booths down from Judy who was selling cheap, crappy toys.....

Zzzzzz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Great pictures of all the animals viewed from your balcony.
I'm glad Marlene was able to get someone to pick up!
Thanks Amy!

Quote:
Glennbo Technical Advisor...DUDE! I'm putting that on my resume!
Only use it on jobs that you really want to get.....that's powerful stuff, right there.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #344
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

0 Judys!

Oh darn, I'm too late. I need to live here more.

AWwww, it's so sweet that you got some special father-children bonding time with each of them. I can't remember the last time I got that with my parents, but I do LOVE it every time. It also gives me something to hold over my siblings, but hey, they get to see my parents EVERY DAY.

Love your tribute to Winkers. That's golden. I really need to remind the guys in the group to take that shot on our next trip.

Wow, she actually got someone to pick up! That's awesome! She looks like she's having SO MUCH fun, it makes me happy.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #345
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You don't look so hot and sweaty here, did the Photopass gal powder your nose?
I guess you weren't looking at my shirt.

Quote:
Voices of Liberty is one of my absolute favorite must-dos in all of WDW. I wonder how many singers they have altogether?
You heard her everyone...now, All Together: "I wonder how many singers they have?"

Quote:
That's too sad. I think we are getting close to that already with Jenna at age 10.
I suppose it's bound to happen.

Quote:
I love this picture!!!
Thanks. It makes me

Quote:
but I think that guy over there is speaking Klingon.... oh wait, no, I believe it's DVC. Its so hard to tell with romance languages.
Good one! Hey, it's good to hear that it's a Romance language!

Quote:
Oh brother.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: