Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #316
Poolrat
DIS Veteran
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,413

Finally you got someone to answer the phone.

That is great.


Someday I will stay at AKL, someday!
__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 10:42 PM   #317
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy
 
All7OfUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Salem, OR; formerly from Crapistan- Really!!
Posts: 13,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
After we left the Temple of Heaven replica in China, the sky still looked pretty dark so we decided to make a beeline to the exit. However, I think we may have stopped in Club Cool for a quick, refreshing drink of Coca-Cola products*. It’s pretty hard to walk by there and not stop in for a freebie.
And yet another opportunity to say: Free is guuuuud!


Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I don’t know – there’s just something skeevy about taking pre-used, abandoned stuff.
OK, I guess, I"m in the singular minority here. What is so skeevy about a used mister?? Most people don't like suck on them- do they?? Why not take it back to the room, wash it with soap and water and enjoy it? After all, used mugs are all the rage.


Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
He blushed when he saw that we'd seen what happened.
Only when they've been caught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
But I digress…have I told that story before? Am I getting that old that I’m retelling and retelling the same stories?
If you're old enough to tell them twice, you're old enough to not remember what we all tell you too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I still had a few bucks on the gift card that Jordan had given me.
I don't remember this! Can you tell the story again??

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
(Actually, I did buy a pair of shorts, but I ended up returning them later
Feeling the Disney Dining Binge, huh?


Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Well, this was the proverb we ran across.


I am positive that was intentional~


Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
GREAT Picture!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Uh oh. You know what that means – more DVC points may be required. We don’t have more points yet, and I don’t know if or when we will, but we came really close to purchasing an add-on last fall. I saw the perfect listing for an add-on for us: it was the same Use Year as our current contract, a nice round number of points, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and a decent price. We offered what they were asking, with the seller paying the dues and the closing costs. I just wanted to pay the price times the number of points. The sellers agreed and it passed Disney’s right of first refusal. About this point in the story you may be asking, “I thought you said you didn’t purchase an add-on?” That’s right, we hit a snag as we approached closing. Apparently the sellers were having some financial difficulties and a creditor wasn’t permitting the sale of any assets. The timeshare broker tried to explain to the creditor that this was liquidating the asset to help the creditor get paid, but they weren’t letting up. We signed an extension on the contract allowing another week for closing to take place, to see if they could get it worked out, but they couldn’t. The broker said she’d never seen anything like this situation before. We could have kept extending and waiting, but to be honest, in thinking about the additional annual dues we’d have to pay, we were feeling a little bit of buyer’s remorse over the purchase. So, we withdrew our offer and let it go. Now, with DVC changing some of their rules regarding contracts purchased on the resale market, I kind of wish we’d have been able to get it before the change takes place, but I'll just have to be content.
Let me translate for my fellow non-DVCers...

awoivnawivouek boehteaf, boeuavnei, bh[wqiuwa, ho a hvhivha , vaoehkv...
aoiaej eueereurelwk, euar taheas guaeh ghau]glsy, ksusult;ze, azuzuuquie, atuoeauvekuruea auasoeiruas!!!! aieuars avieua;lpoi, dufauraaw3j euafs uf;aldweije aiugv reihrs fveisjg opiouu ei u3iewrua 3,000,000, 000. aoriue reteruweua eslue wuea h ue]]a cea;tuaskvj faueuf.


Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I'm not sure if this guy had an itch, or what his problem was exactly.

Even the paddocks have bed bugs now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Lauren emerged from her nap and was feeling quite a bit better.
I"m so glad, that could have ruined more than an afternoon for all of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Psst. don't look now, but the guy in 213 just ordered in room pizza delivery! On my count...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Drat, I was really hoping to see some Red River Hogs. Oh well.
We all have our fantasies...
__________________

All7OfUs is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #318
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,801

I heard a rumor that Disney is doing something different with FPs !!You can reserve them online ahead of time !!They are hoping this will cut down on long lines has anyone else heard anything about this ??????
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline  
Old 02-26-2011, 10:51 AM   #319
norybell
DIS Veteran
 
norybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Let me translate for my fellow non-DVCers...

awoivnawivouek boehteaf, boeuavnei, bh[wqiuwa, ho a hvhivha , vaoehkv...
aoiaej eueereurelwk, euar taheas guaeh ghau]glsy, ksusult;ze, azuzuuquie, atuoeauvekuruea auasoeiruas!!!! aieuars avieua;lpoi, dufauraaw3j euafs uf;aldweije aiugv reihrs fveisjg opiouu ei u3iewrua 3,000,000, 000. aoriue reteruweua eslue wuea h ue]]a cea;tuaskvj faueuf.
Oh, so that's what he meant!!!
__________________
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

norybell is offline  
Old 02-26-2011, 10:55 AM   #320
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
It's too bad nobody answered the Epcot phones when you were actually there, but at least you had some fun with it.

I'm definitely going to try it next trip. Time to work on my Cockney accent.
I can help you with the Cockney Rhyming Slang if you want!!!???Could be another Contest

Glen Great Animal shots and I love Marlrne's face when she called England and got an answer
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline  
Old 02-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #321
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,157

Yay! Someone picked up the phone in the UK, what a fun moment!

Lovely pics of all the animals Glenn. We haven't stayed savanna yet because I think we'd all enjoy it too much and have a hard time going back!

I hope you get that add-on when the time is right.
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline  
Old 02-26-2011, 12:18 PM   #322
CreightonsMomma
Mouseketeer
 
CreightonsMomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Anniston, AL
Posts: 390

I loved this update. Too funny that someone finally answered the phone in the UK!


I can't wait to stay at AKL in two weeks. Your pictures are fantastic. You had a really great view from your room.

Bummer about the DVC points.
__________________
Me - Jen DBF - Mike DS - Creighton (10/31/2009) DS2 - Cooper (07/31/2013)

2011 - March 13th-18th - AKL (Creighton's first trip) Pics ~ June 4th - Day Trip - SWW ~July 9th-11th - Offsite : Oct 12th-15th POP
2012: Feb 28th-Mar 2nd - ASMu
~ May 23rd-25th - SSR
CreightonsMomma is offline  
Old 02-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #323
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,141

You know - I love AKL because the standard view rooms are so awesome point wise, but I can see why those pictures would have you coming back to a savannah view. They are great. So much going on.

So glad someone FINALLY answered that d@%m phone!

Funny mister story. And, no, I have never heard it before, but I was late to the party so perhaps you are getting senile and telling the same tale over again. (just kidding!)
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 02-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #324
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great photos of the savannah, Glen. Seeing these just makes me all the MORE EXCITED with our news yesterday and staying at the AKL in September. My husband may NEVER tear me away from the balcony.
I saw this post of yours yesterday and had to make sure that I got over to your thread to get the whole scoop. That is awesome! I'm glad you're able to go, and AKL is icing on the cake. I know that you're going to love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
darn timestamp


Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i suppose you are gonna say he takes after you at that age.
Well, yeah kinda. Except I would've gotten the digits of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
tell the real story, you took them back because they were not yellow. and we know how the woman love the yellow ones.
Oh yeah, that's right. They go crazy for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i cant wait to get a holdof that phone number on my next trip.
If you didn't jot them down, they're listed at the beginning of the chapter just before this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
so many comments and most of them involve marv
Oh, I'm sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
That is AWESOME. Go James!
Thanks (on his behalf).

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Again, just awesome.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
I love this picture...you can't tell it's stitched together at all!
Thanks again. It's done using free software from Microsoft -- Windows Live Photo Gallery. I just noticed that the software that came with my camera has "stitching" capability also, so I gave it a try with the same pictures I used for the stitched photo of Coronado Springs. It was much more difficult to use and the end result turned out horrible! So I'm going to stick with the Microsoft product for these shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Obviously, it's saying something dirty. So I probably shouldn't repeat it here.
Thanks for showing some discretion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
It's too bad nobody answered the Epcot phones when you were actually there, but at least you had some fun with it.

I'm definitely going to try it next trip. Time to work on my Cockney accent.
You know what? We're still not done with those phones.

Oh yeah, a Cockney accent could go a long way......right, Gov'nah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"][B]I cannot stop laughing for all of the clever comments, but I truly think that the one that takes the prize is MAGICFOR2'S!! So so good!
I agree -- I loved what she suggested! I was just running out of steam when I posted the chapter and didn't want to wait for creativity to kick-in to post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
You've reinforced my decision to keep my savannah view room! Apparently, Maureen echoes that sentiment!
Yep, we liked the savanna-view....but I'd still be fine with a standard-view. But I'm probably a cheapskate, when it comes to points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Darn, foiled again! Zero Judys.
I know, and you were on a roll too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Glenn, this update is quite witty! Your TR has been so much fun to read, it's very entertaining!
Thanks Molly! Some chapters are easier than others, depending upon whether amusing things happened. This one, with a bunch of animal pictures <yawn> needed some punching-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Ok, used fan misters? Ewwwww! No way would I have touched that thing! Skeevy is the perfect word. Ewwwww! Someone walked off with it?? I think I just threw up in my mouth a little! But I love your story about James at the PChef misting himself and others for a small fee! What an entrepeneur! And apparently the teenage girls thought him clever too!
I'm glad you're with me on the mister. Marlene didn't really want to take it either.

I'm glad the people running the festival didn't require him to pay a vendor fee...he would've quickly been in the red, they can be hefty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Looks like you may want to invest in a GPS for Marlene...
Yeah. Great sense of direction on that girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Poor Lauren! So she was still feeling poorly? Wow, she's been sick in your TR for about a month or so now! I hope she improves!
Yes, a month in TR-time equals about 6 hours of the actual trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Oh my word, Marlene is too adorable! She reminds me of my middle DD (H)! Looks like she had a blast talking to fake English people in Epcot too. See, now that's an appropriate memory as opposed to your urinating in the Moroccan fountain.
Oh good, glad we finally cultivated an appropriate memory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Let's see, this giraffe is probably counting his spots...110, 111, 112...
Sounds like a good way to fall asleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE this pic! What a fabulous shot and I wouldn't have known it was stitched! You should seriously frame this sucker, it's a beaut!
Thanks! I think it helps to take lots of pictures to stitch together, rather than just a few. Also, further distances help....to avoid the "fisheye" appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Oh boy, I bet I know what these guys are whispering about..."pssst, see that guy on the balcony? Ya, the sweaty one. I heard that he writes trip reports and uses his wife in some sort of strange Where's Waldo game. And then he drags her around to meet up with people from the disboards she's never met! These humans, they're so odd!"
Man, he's got a lot to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Loved this update!
Thank you Molly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Just wanted to say hi and that I've really been enjoying your TR! You have such fantastic photos, I think that's so cool you were able to see the animals so close from your room!
Stringbean&Wingnut!! I'm glad you're enjoying it and thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Glad you had some fun with the Epcot phone booths! My parents went to Disney recently, and I had the phone booth numbers at the ready. My mom texted me after she told my dad to stand in the phone booth ("smile for a picture!"), and he was completely shocked when the phone rang. And even more shocked when it was me ("HI DAD!!!!!!"). He just kept asking "how did you DO this???"
That's awesome! I love the "how did you DO this??"

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I love that she called the ws phone! I'll have to remember that for our next trip, my kids would get a kick out of that!
Hi Cherie! You're back from your trip already? I hope it was a great one.

From what I've read about your kids, I know they'd love it.
glennbo123 is offline  
Old 02-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #325
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Finally you got someone to answer the phone.

That is great.


Someday I will stay at AKL, someday!
Yep-er!

Here's some for your wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
And yet another opportunity to say: Free is guuuuud!
I LOVE free!!! Makes whatever it is taste that much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
OK, I guess, I"m in the singular minority here. What is so skeevy about a used mister?? Most people don't like suck on them- do they?? Why not take it back to the room, wash it with soap and water and enjoy it? After all, used mugs are all the rage.
Yeah, yeah, I know....it would just needed some washing. Or that blue liquid that barbers use for their combs. Or the mystery aerosol spray that shoot into rental bowling shoes. But still....ew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Only when they've been caught.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
If you're old enough to tell them twice, you're old enough to not remember what we all tell you too.
Fair enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I don't remember this! Can you tell the story again??
Jordan had a game on his PTR with a bunch of questions from previous trip reports of his. Great Biscuit and I were co-winners and we each got Disney gift cards! I used mine for a beer flight at Biergarten....and something else that hasn't come up yet in the TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Feeling the Disney Dining Binge, huh?
Ah....maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I am positive that was intentional~
Not much happens by accident at Disney, does it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
GREAT Picture!!!
Thank you ma'am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Let me translate for my fellow non-DVCers...

awoivnawivouek boehteaf, boeuavnei, bh[wqiuwa, ho a hvhivha , vaoehkv...
aoiaej eueereurelwk, euar taheas guaeh ghau]glsy, ksusult;ze, azuzuuquie, atuoeauvekuruea auasoeiruas!!!! aieuars avieua;lpoi, dufauraaw3j euafs uf;aldweije aiugv reihrs fveisjg opiouu ei u3iewrua 3,000,000, 000. aoriue reteruweua eslue wuea h ue]]a cea;tuaskvj faueuf.
It looks like Klingon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Even the paddocks have bed bugs now.
Good answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I"m so glad, that could have ruined more than an afternoon for all of you!
You're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Psst. don't look now, but the guy in 213 just ordered in room pizza delivery! On my count...!
Good one! It's like one I was thinking of...something like "Psst. At exactly 7:32, we're making a break for it. Pass it on."

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
We all have our fantasies...
You make it sound like I was cruising the lounge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I heard a rumor that Disney is doing something different with FPs !!You can reserve them online ahead of time !!They are hoping this will cut down on long lines has anyone else heard anything about this ??????
No, I haven't seen anything about that. I'll believe it when I see it...there aren't a lot of lines to get fastpasses. Only at TSM, pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Oh, so that's what he meant!!!
Yep, that's what I meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I can help you with the Cockney Rhyming Slang if you want!!!???Could be another Contest
Just another of your many skills!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Glen Great Animal shots and I love Marlrne's face when she called England and got an answer
Thanks! I like that picture of her laughing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Yay! Someone picked up the phone in the UK, what a fun moment!
Yeah, finally right?

Hey, aren't you supposed to be on your way to Disney? Maybe you are by the time I'm getting these replies done. Hope you have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Lovely pics of all the animals Glenn. We haven't stayed savanna yet because I think we'd all enjoy it too much and have a hard time going back!
Thanks! Oh man, I'll bet that Henry would love to have animals right outside his room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I hope you get that add-on when the time is right.
Aw, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreightonsMomma View Post
I loved this update. Too funny that someone finally answered the phone in the UK!
Good, I'm glad you liked it. Yes, we finally got a taker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreightonsMomma View Post
I can't wait to stay at AKL in two weeks. Your pictures are fantastic. You had a really great view from your room.
Oh, I'm jealous! I'm sure you'll have a great time and will enjoy the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreightonsMomma View Post
Bummer about the DVC points.
Yeah, it didn't work out, but at least it wasn't costly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You know - I love AKL because the standard view rooms are so awesome point wise, but I can see why those pictures would have you coming back to a savannah view. They are great. So much going on.
I agree, that's one of the reasons why we purchased AKV -- there are some options to make it more economical, point-wise. I just wasn't counting on my family getting hooked on the more expensive rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So glad someone FINALLY answered that d@%m phone!
You make it sound like we were wearing out the ringer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Funny mister story. And, no, I have never heard it before, but I was late to the party so perhaps you are getting senile and telling the same tale over again. (just kidding!)
I guess the scary thing is that if you're getting senile, you can't tell that you're getting senile.
glennbo123 is offline  
Old 02-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #326
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,801

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post

I guess the scary thing is that if you're getting senile, you can't tell that you're getting senile.
I wondered what was wrong with me !!!!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline  
Old 02-27-2011, 01:56 AM   #327
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran
 
MAGICFOR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,767

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Good one! It's one of those "why didn't I think of that?" moments. I guess it was late when I posted the chapter and my brain was fried. I debated on waiting to post it until today to see if I could come up with something, but that was the only thing holding back the chapter so I just thought I'd put it out there and let you folks come up with the caption. You didn't disappoint!

You're welcome!




She should have asked them to go into the nearest gift shop and inquire.
Oh, Done and done. More to come in April!
MAGICFOR2 is offline  
Old 02-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #328
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Hey, aren't you supposed to be on your way to Disney? Maybe you are by the time I'm getting these replies done. Hope you have a great trip!
Yep! I was in the airport, stuck because of a delay, did a bit of DISing! Now I'm at the BWV.
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline  
Old 02-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #329
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
After we left the Temple of Heaven replica in China, the sky still looked pretty dark so we decided to make a beeline to the exit. However, I think we may have stopped in Club Cool for a quick, refreshing drink of Coca-Cola products*. It’s pretty hard to walk by there and not stop in for a freebie.
You were hearing the siren call of Beverly. I can tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
But I digress…have I told that story before? Am I getting that old that I’m retelling and retelling the same stories? Reminds me of a time when James bought a fan mister at a local festival…


It was new to me! You just needed to catch some of us up, that's all.

But isn't that why we're here on the DIS? My wife is sick of my jokes by now, but they're all new to you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
My picture may be hard to read, but it says “He who does not know the road, holds back the one who does”. We had a good laugh over that, considering that we had to get lost to find it. We turned and took a few steps in the correct direction, and then I ran back to take a picture. I know good trip report fodder when it happens.


Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Then I could tell that she didn’t know what else to say, so I told her to ask what the weather was like.

“What’s the weather like?”

<pause>

“It’s kind of rainy here too. I’m at Animal Kingdom Lodge!”

And that was about the extent of it. She hung up and cracked up laughing.
Well, the prank was a bit of a fizzle, but the pictures are great at capturing the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Uh oh. You know what that means – more DVC points may be required. We don’t have more points yet, and I don’t know if or when we will, but we came really close to purchasing an add-on last fall. I saw the perfect listing for an add-on for us: it was the same Use Year as our current contract, a nice round number of points, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and a decent price. We offered what they were asking, with the seller paying the dues and the closing costs. I just wanted to pay the price times the number of points. The sellers agreed and it passed Disney’s right of first refusal. About this point in the story you may be asking, “I thought you said you didn’t purchase an add-on?” That’s right, we hit a snag as we approached closing. Apparently the sellers were having some financial difficulties and a creditor wasn’t permitting the sale of any assets. The timeshare broker tried to explain to the creditor that this was liquidating the asset to help the creditor get paid, but they weren’t letting up. We signed an extension on the contract allowing another week for closing to take place, to see if they could get it worked out, but they couldn’t. The broker said she’d never seen anything like this situation before. We could have kept extending and waiting, but to be honest, in thinking about the additional annual dues we’d have to pay, we were feeling a little bit of buyer’s remorse over the purchase. So, we withdrew our offer and let it go. Now, with DVC changing some of their rules regarding contracts purchased on the resale market, I kind of wish we’d have been able to get it before the change takes place, but I'll just have to be content.
You know, I never knew what the script looked like for Charlie Brown's teacher's dialogue, but now I do! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I took pictures for another stitched photo of the view from our balcony. This is actually 20 pictures, stitched together.

In a word: awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
These next pictures are from the Pembe savanna. Sorry, but I don’t have the gumption to look up what these critters are.
I'd go with "African deer". You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
"Some goofy kid just called me on the house line. I told her I was in England in EPCOT! (snicker)"


Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I don't think it will be happening. This year's vacation may be a day-trip to HersheyPark. Oh, I do have a Civil War battlefield tour that I won/bought in a United Way auction....so I need to schedule that sometime. That may be an overnighter.
No Grand Canyon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Let me translate for my fellow non-DVCers...

awoivnawivouek boehteaf, boeuavnei, bh[wqiuwa, ho a hvhivha , vaoehkv...
aoiaej eueereurelwk, euar taheas guaeh ghau]glsy, ksusult;ze, azuzuuquie, atuoeauvekuruea auasoeiruas!!!! aieuars avieua;lpoi, dufauraaw3j euafs uf;aldweije aiugv reihrs fveisjg opiouu ei u3iewrua 3,000,000, 000. aoriue reteruweua eslue wuea h ue]]a cea;tuaskvj faueuf.
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 02-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #330
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,018

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I wondered what was wrong with me !!!!!
You're trying to get me to say something that will get me in trouble. Something like, "multiple problems makes for a harder diagnosis". But no, I'm going to take the high-ground and not say anything like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
You're welcome!

Oh, Done and done. More to come in April!
I'm looking forward to seeing what other people do with those phone numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Yep! I was in the airport, stuck because of a delay, did a bit of DISing! Now I'm at the BWV.
As long as you were stuck at the airport I can understand. But now you're at BWV and peeking-in on my thread? I'm honored, but...you should be out in search of pixie dust. Get going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
You were hearing the siren call of Beverly. I can tell.
Resistance is futile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
It was new to me! You just needed to catch some of us up, that's all.
Nobody said that they'd heard it before, so I guess I'm not senile after all.

But now I'm afraid that if I thought I'd told it and I hadn't, that's just as bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
But isn't that why we're here on the DIS? My wife is sick of my jokes by now, but they're all new to you guys!
Yours too, huh? If my kids laugh at my jokes, Judy's all "Stop, stop, don't encourage him!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Well, the prank was a bit of a fizzle, but the pictures are great at capturing the moment.
I guess it's good to learn that she's not some professional crank caller that we were unaware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
You know, I never knew what the script looked like for Charlie Brown's teacher's dialogue, but now I do! Thanks!
Mwah mwah ma maa mwaah mwaaah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
In a word: awesome.
That's a good word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I'd go with "African deer". You're welcome.
That was so helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
"Some goofy kid just called me on the house line. I told her I was in England in EPCOT! (snicker)"


Nice one! I like the ones that make fun of Marlene rather than me. Wait, this is the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
No Grand Canyon?
It's not looking good. And after all of that good info. you gave me too. Oh well. Some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I'm so glad that you and Liesa can relate.
glennbo123 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.