Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #211
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Day 7 - Part 6

First, I promised to give you the Epcot pay phone numbers I jotted down. They are:
  • UK 407-827-9861 (the booth closest to the “road”)
  • Morocco 407-827-9747 (back by Restaurant Marrakesh)
  • Germany 407-827-9662 (at the restrooms near the model railroad)
Thanks, these may come in handy for our DISMeet!!

Quote:
Serveur Amusant.
He is NOT what you think... story in about a month on my TR...

Quote:
in tribute of DISer Winkers.
Just got off the phone with Cherie! They leave in the morning for DLR!!!!

Quote:
there were already a couple of people in there looking at the tiled walls, so we kind of milled around too. :
I hate when dawdlers eat up precious touring time!

Quote:
Oh my gosh, I can’t believe how hot and sweaty I look in that picture. I look like I’m about to collapse.

Moist for sure.

Quote:
After her initial shock, she dutifully but reluctantly played along.
You've seared her forever, you know.

Quote:
If I haven’t already destroyed your opinion of me with that picture, go back and read my title for this chapter about five times fast, and that oughtta do it.
I didn't get it the first time. How many hours did you lie around in bed sleepless thinking of that perfect title??

Quote:
With the relief that comes from a mission accomplished <ahem
That was guuuuuud!!

Quote:
Then I looked at the Epcot entertainment times listing I had (remember from my pre-trip report that I shrank these down to nearly microfiche-size
Thanks again for that template you sent about a million years ago! Sure came in handy.

Quote:
Wow! They were fantastic! While we listened, all I could think was how Judy would love to hear them, so they rocketed to the top of the “must do” list for if/when the rest of the family made it to the World Showcase.
SAME HERE!! I kept thinking how much my family would sit completely mesmorized and in awe at the raw talent there. Why doesn't Idol stop there??

Quote:
we decided to skip a few countries.

Quote:
We especially liked this smiling guy. He must have been the joker of his platoon, singing “Do Wah Diddy” on forced marches and what-not.
Reminds me of that Far Side of the Roman slave in the ship, and while rowing in the underpart of the ship, says, " But sir, it's my turn for the window seat!"

Quote:
We couldn’t leave without taking one more picture of the terra cotta soldiers, they’re so cool.

I know!! Hard to just walk away!

Quote:
I hope that when they’re older they’ll look fondly back at moments like these.
....I know I will.
They grow up too fast!!

Old 02-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #212
hucifer
The tag that was here was staler than 3 yr old bread crumbs
The Van Halen song "Running with the Devil" was about my parakeet!
Smell anything? It's just my sauerkraut

So I survived dinner with an axe murderer

I'm not dead!

(Which, coincidentally is what I texted Dan on our way back from the restaurant.)

Quote:
I know I’m a little behind in getting the next chapter written and posted. Well, part of the reason is that Judy and I recently had an evening out for a DIS-meet!
And your favorite one too, I'm sure.

Quote:
Hucifer is, in my opinion, one of the best and most entertaining trip report writers on the DIS. I am in awe of her writing and was really excited to have a chance to meet her. Here are links to a couple of her completed reports.
Gosh you say the nicest things.

Quote:
Seriously, pick any chapter and you are pretty much guaranteed a laugh. Not like the drivel you read here (but don’t you dare stop reading my drivel!).
Now that I know that Judy doesn't read your drivel, I'm wondering why the rest of us do.

Quote:
She of course, being Hucifer, had some stipulations. Well, just one really: No chain restaurants.
I didn't come 500 miles to eat Red Lobster.

Quote:
Also, she’d be bringing a co-worker along, "A", who didn’t want to hear Disney talk all night long,
Damn "A" always sucking the fun out of my evenings.

Quote:
so we had to find some other pleasant topics to discuss. Like maybe religion and politics.
Always good for a laugh.

Quote:
That place was Bube’s Brewery (pronounced like “b00bies”).
The only thing that place needed was waitresses with tight shirts.

Quote:
Wendy thought it looked like a good place and figured that "A" would like it on the name alone. So, we were a “go”.
Actually, the name redeemed the whole situation for A.

Quote:
She also told me that her husband thought she was “nuts” for meeting some people from the internet. She told him that she’d read my trip reports and I seemed very nice, and smiled in all my pictures. She didn’t think I was an axe murderer because I’d had other DIS-meets with people who supposedly returned safely to their families afterward. He asked her how she knew I didn’t just make up those other screen names? Her response was that I had pictures and everything.
And yet he was still skeptical! Men.

Quote:
Judy could only read two of them before she got a little queasy. (Judy gets queasy when she reads in a moving vehicle Wendy. Really, it wasn’t your writing.)
That might explain the dirty looks I was getting all night.

Quote:
Wendy and "A" were able to leave work a little early and went ahead to the restaurant to enjoy some of the local brew.
Mmmmmm...Yuengling beer. I'm surprised I didn't fall off the chair when you guys showed up. Due to excitement, of course. Meeting online celebrities and all.

Quote:
Oh wait, before we left on the tour, the hostess mentioned that if anyone might need to use the restroom in the near future we should do it before the tour because the Catacombs were 40-some steps down and there was no bathroom down there. We were all good to go.
Or so I thought.

Quote:
I think Judy and I both used the phrase, "that was a looong time ago" way too much.
That's because you guys are our elders.

Quote:
I think "A" really liked the restaurant.
He also liked the beer a whole lot.

Quote:
Wendy said it was better than other places they had been recommended near where they were working.
Cuz nothing says "fine dining" like York, Pennsylvania.

Quote:
Sorry, but I didn’t take any food pictures.

Quote:
I had a blue cheese-stuffed steak, and Judy got a chicken satay dish. I was happy with mine, but Judy was disappointed that her chicken was a little too vinegary.
And Wendy loved her dish...but who gives a crap, right?

Quote:
The evening was unfortunately winding down, but before the moment passed, I asked a server to take a picture of us. Without pictures, it didn’t happen, right?
Bingo.

Quote:
During our meal, a couple of people in our party had to use the facilities and so had to backtrack up the steps and through the area we’d toured. When we finished our meal and left, they directed us a different way, up a different set of steps. While it still was 40-some steps up, it came out right beside the bathrooms.
Live and learn. That beer ran through me a little faster and backtracking took a little longer than I imagined.

Quote:
Back upstairs, I got one more picture of just Hucifer and I. We had to find a good background, and Wendy put me in charge of that task since I had done such a good job during my DIS-meet with Capt. Oblivious. Hmm, how about a big cog?

Bube, that's a mighty big cog you have there.

Quote:
Then we said our goodbye’s and went on our way back home. Thanks Hucifer for a great evening! You are a sweetheart and it was a thrill to meet you.
Same here, buddy. I'm so glad you and Judy drove out of your way for me. That was pretty cool.

You forgot to mention that you're much younger looking in person, Judy is much prettier in person, and that your wife is definitely the brains of the operation.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #213
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

I had no idea this was a DIS "tradition", so this is the first time I've seen this gag. Holy cow, that's funny!
It's from Winkers, who posted a little while after you.

Quote:
The tile work in Morocco is awesome.
Almost as good as the paving in Delaware.

Quote:
Yep, Voices of Liberty are awesome, too. Did the singer catch you looking at him like that?
I could tell I was throwing his concentration off a little bit.

Quote:
But like I said before, I'm sure it was a very interesting doorknob.
One of the best...it looks like a huuuuge diamond.

Quote:
I seem to recall a similar picture somewhere... yours is centered better, though.
Yes, it made an appearance in your TR and I think probably a couple of others over the years too.

Quote:
Oh, it could be worse. Much, much worse. I never noticed Smilley the Terra Cotta Warrior before, though.

P.S. It's a world of laughter, a world of tears... (See?)
Stop! Stop!

Quote:
Hmm. I'd just call that "pouty".
That's probably what his samurai-warrior friends nicknamed him.

Quote:

Amazing how much kids light up when they get that one-on-one time with Dad. Makes you feel adored...and a certain weight of responsibility at the same time.
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
And because your DISMeet hostess had unlimited long distance () we could actually DO that!!!! After a bottle or 2 of wine or those tasty homemade GG slushies.... we'll see what other kinds of good fun we can have.
Drunk dialing around the World.

Quote:
Ok, so I gotta wonder, how is brushng one's teeth/gagging in the morning any different?? Just sayin'
That thought went through my mind when you posted about the gum yesterday.

Quote:
Thanks for the good wishes! I am back, and although he says it looks healthy, I dont' know how they're going to explain the pain of the US wand touching my belly?? Surgeon on Monday- we'lll see.... I can say, I finally took one of the scrips the doc ordered for pain (hydrocodone??) and had the best night's sleep I've had in MONTHS!!!! WOW!! No back pain, no gall bladder pain, just sweet, long rest.
Strange. Sorry you're still in pain, but that's great that you got a good night's sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
that would be good, im sure there are a bunch of good "JOHN" books that you could take with you.
Sure. I've got a whole stack of 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
the tricky part would be to time it with out anyone there so you could get your pants down for the picture without anyone noticing.

or were you thinking of leaving them up.
I was thinking of leaving them up, but you are upping the ante. Well above where I'm willing to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Ugh. So they have no idea why you are in pain?

Glad the meds work though!!
Agree. And praying for a diagnosis.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:40 PM   #214
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I'm not sure if I should be proud or offended that when you think of Morroco you think of me and urinals.
I can't realy complain because when I think of shrimp with poop sacks..I think of you.
I guess I've left my own legacy at Disney World.
Winkers!!! I saw Liesa's post on the next page before I saw yours (since I hit the "last page" button) and read that she'd talked to you and I was yelling at the screen "Did you tell her that I just posted about her????" (Okay, I didn't really yell....some people are trying to get work done around here.)

Yes, you've left a legacy. 1) You gave me a fun mission to accomplish in the World Showcase. 2) My daughter will be in therapy for many, many years to come.

Aw, I hope you have some peel-and-eat shrimp real soon so that I can be in your thoughts.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #215
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, these may come in handy for our DISMeet!!
You got it! Make sure you report on the results....should be good.

Quote:
He is NOT what you think... story in about a month on my TR...
Hmmm.

Quote:
Just got off the phone with Cherie! They leave in the morning for DLR!!!!
Yay! Lucky them!

Quote:
I hate when dawdlers eat up precious touring time!
Dang dawdlers.

Quote:
Moist for sure.
You were supposed to say, "No, what're you talking about? You look great!"

Quote:
You've seared her forever, you know.
Yes. I'll let her future hubby pay for the psychiatry.

Quote:
I didn't get it the first time. How many hours did you lie around in bed sleepless thinking of that perfect title??
Not that long really. Since I put the next chapter title at the end of every chapter, I had to come up with it a while ago though. I gave myself the challenge of coming up with something that described it, but didn't give it away.

Quote:
That was guuuuuud!
I thought of you when I wrote that! Sounds like something you'd say.

Quote:
Thanks again for that template you sent about a million years ago! Sure came in handy.
No problemo.

Quote:
SAME HERE!! I kept thinking how much my family would sit completely mesmorized and in awe at the raw talent there. Why doesn't Idol stop there??
Well, it's not exactly "pop" music.

Quote:
Reminds me of that Far Side of the Roman slave in the ship, and while rowing in the underpart of the ship, says, " But sir, it's my turn for the window seat!"
Yes, I remember that one. That reminds me of a time that I really cracked myself up, I mean nearly falling down laughing. We were watching "Ben Hur", and there's a scene where they're in one of those battleships, rowing. They start rowing faster and faster, and the guy beating the drum is speeding up the tempo...faster....faster....guys are dropping dead from heart attacks. And then this thought pops into my head: "Okay...weigh anchor!"

Quote:
They grow up too fast!!
At least I haven't had to drop one off at college yet, like you did recently.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #216
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucifer View Post
I'm not dead!
Hucifer!!! Thank goodness you've posted. I was beginning to wonder if "A" was trying to frame me for some terrible crime.

Quote:
(Which, coincidentally is what I texted Dan on our way back from the restaurant.)
I'm sure he was happy to hear that!

Quote:
And your favorite one too, I'm sure.
None of those other people ever read my replies, so yeah, this was by far the best.

Quote:
Gosh you say the nicest things.
I just used that line of yours in a reply to Marv....works great!

Quote:
Now that I know that Judy doesn't read your drivel, I'm wondering why the rest of us do.
You and me both, but I ain't arguing.

Quote:
I didn't come 500 miles to eat Red Lobster.
I thought it was for the hotel's continental breakfast.

Quote:
The only thing that place needed was waitresses with tight shirts.
Hey, no argument from me! But Judy would be giving me the look.

Quote:
Actually, the name redeemed the whole situation for A.
Yep, that turned him around.

Quote:
That might explain the dirty looks I was getting all night.
And those were just from me.

Quote:
Mmmmmm...Yuengling beer. I'm surprised I didn't fall off the chair when you guys showed up. Due to excitement, of course. Meeting online celebrities and all.
Those uneven floors kept making me stumble.

Quote:
That's because you guys are our elders.
I notice how we commanded your respect.

Quote:
He also liked the beer a whole lot.
I didn't want to write that and make him look like a lush.

Quote:
Cuz nothing says "fine dining" like York, Pennsylvania.
Right...you've gotta go to Mount Joy for that.

Quote:
And Wendy loved her dish...but who gives a crap, right?

Actually, I couldn't remember, and don't even know now, what you had....so I just left that part out.

I know you had a salad! 'Cause they came with all of the dinners. And turned down a roll.

Quote:
Live and learn. That beer ran through me a little faster and backtracking took a little longer than I imagined.
Our food arrived, and I thought it'd be polite to wait for you to return, but "A" said that you wouldn't wait for any of us, so we dug in.

Quote:
Bube, that's a mighty big cog you have there.
Hucifer, you say the nicest things! (See, works great!)

Quote:
Same here, buddy. I'm so glad you and Judy drove out of your way for me. That was pretty cool.
No problem. Thanks for making up some phony excuse to get work to send you a mere 2-hour drive away from us. That was pretty cool too.

Quote:
You forgot to mention that you're much younger looking in person, Judy is much prettier in person, and that your wife is definitely the brains of the operation.
I guess it slipped my mind.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #217
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And because your DISMeet hostess had unlimited long distance () we could actually DO that!!!! After a bottle or 2 of wine or those tasty homemade GG slushies.... we'll see what other kinds of good fun we can have.
Okay, I'm just thinking about it. It would be best if someone actually answered, though

Liesa, glad you got a good night's sleep. I hope the surgeon has some answers.

Last edited by MAGICFOR2; 02-18-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:24 PM   #218
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not sure if I should be proud or offended that when you think of Morroco you think of me and urinals.
I can't realy complain because when I think of shrimp with poop sacks..I think of you.
You two compliment each other pretty well.

Have a great trip, Cherie! Hope to see you soon!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #219
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great

Quote:
That reminds me of a time that I really cracked myself up, I mean nearly falling down laughing.

"Okay...weigh anchor!"

At least I haven't had to drop one off at college yet, like you did recently.
don't ya love it when you crack yourself up? I mean it's almost just as funny at how pathetic that is. But I admit, that was funny! I'm not falling over yet, but did get a good old chuckle.
It's funny because it shows how sadistic you really are.

yeah, but I call him almost everyday. Can I use "pathetic" twice in one repsonse??

Old 02-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #220
All7OfUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Okay, I'm just thinking about it. It would be best if someone actually answered, though

Liesa, glad you got a good night's sleep. I hope the surgeon has some answers.
It could get scary. In a good way. We could secretly post someone there and have a virtual DISMeet, and then make a big long post about it and pretend it was someone really random.

I do too!!! Now I'm worried that the insurance might not pay if it becomes elective.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #221
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
WINKERS !!!!

DLR Will we have a TR?
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #222
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
Glad you liked it! See why it took me a little longer to work on this one?

I'm glad you qualified that statement Molly, so I know what I need to work on.

Aw thanks! Oh, and thanks for qualifying that last statement too.

How come Marlene looks fresh as a daisy, I wonder?

Right now, no one in the family is reading it -- which is a good thing, I think!! They're in for a treat when they find it some time in the future.
I really do love this update! Well of course I qualified my statement, you were relieving yourself in a gorgeous Moroccan fountain! How sweet that you made such a fond (probably too vivid) memory for Marlene!

Yes, Marlene doesn't even look like she's sweating. You on the other hand, well let's just say you aptly title your TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
0 Judy's and one very lame attempt to doctor a picture, which is NOT finding Judy somewhere in the confines of a scene captured by the photograph!

Judy posing - yes! Judy somewhere in the crowd - yes! Reflections of Judy in a glass table top - yes! Judy in a video game - yes! Judy parts somewhere in the edge of a picture - yes!

All of these actually occurred because Judy was present when the picture was taken! Edited into a picture that Judy was nowhere near is NOT finding a Judy!

SHAME on YOU!!!
Boy, I didn't see this coming...

Quote:
Nope, no sour grapes here. I just don't think that fits any of the criteria used to spot a Judy in the pictures for the rest of the contest, which has to be an actual Judy, Judy part or Judy reflection. So I still say there were actually 0 Judy's in your update, as I pointed out! If someone that posted before me (and there were many) had said zero, I would have sided with them (even if that had been Molly's answer).

I was on the DIS boards but slow had nothing to do with it. Matthew called to give me an update on his meeting with the Naval Rear Admiral for selecting job openings (vessel type) and locations when he goes into the Navy after graduation. I wouldn't have been in the fray, regardless.

I still call bogus and Molly is still entitled to the point on a technicality! She was the first to respond to what she saw. That's not her fault......
Well, thank you Marv. That means alot, especially coming from you! How nice of you to allow me to keep the points too...

Quote:
Ah, you left out the Judy's in the computer game, which were computer-generated images of Judy from previously photographed...um, photographs. Which is essentially what these were. The Rules Committee has spoken!

Oh, let's make it her fault anyway.
That's right Glenn, you tell him! But hold on, wait a minute! Back up the sweaty express, you're making it my fault? Oh Glenn, you've always been so civil and now that conniving Marv has corrupted you!

Quote:
Oh there you go!!!! Finding perfectly suitable common ground again!!!
NO comment.

Quote:
On that we can agree!
What?? But I really did see 1 Judy in your update, even if she was photoshopped in. AND you said the rules committee had ruled in my favor. Sniffle, sniffle. It's a good thing your TR is extremely well written and enjoyable to read Glenn or I'd leave in a huff. Well, not in a huff because that'd be hard to convey over the internet. Still, you get my point. I think this is Marv's fault, yup, it is!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:02 PM   #223
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Her are Jordan and DJay in what is becoming a Must do Dis Tradition!!!

[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #224
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cherie !!!!!!!!!!Did you see I will have a POLE installed at the Group Home very soonCan you imagine that my very own Pole !!!

I had to add the Morrocco pix from our trip last year !!There are still 2 pix I so wish I had
1) Someone falling in the bushes
2) Someone Torpedoing at Fantasmic !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #225
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Day 7 - Part 6

First, I promised to give you the Epcot pay phone numbers I jotted down. They are:

We looked around the bazaar. So much to see!

We especially liked this smiling guy. He must have been the joker of his platoon, singing “Do Wah Diddy” on forced marches and what-not.

“There she was just a-walkin’ down the street, singin’…”

(Good luck getting that out of your head now!)

We stepped out of the temple and I took a picture of the scenery.

Uh oh, I see at least one poncho. We’d better get moving to the bus stop or it’s going to be a wet walk.

I really enjoyed spending some time with just Marlene on this particular afternoon, even though the circumstances (Lauren feeling sick) were not what I would have wished for. Although unplanned, I was able to spend some one-on-one time with each child at some point during the trip: James at DHS getting Star Wars autographs, Lauren at DHS and our coconut run to the Polynesian, and now with Marlene in the World Showcase. I’m beginning to realize how quickly the time goes as I watch my children grow, and I hope that when they’re older they’ll look fondly back at moments like these.
....I know I will.

Up next: On safari from our balcony and air conditioned locations

Believe me, Glenn, they will. Some of my best memories for my childhood were from our two Disney trips back in the mid to late 80's. It sounds like you and Marlene ended up with a great afternoon, in spite of the other circumstances.

And the Chinese soldiers... I'll be thinking about that when I'm strollling around World Showcase in less than twenty four hours!!

It was nice to see the shots of Morrocco, as I don't think I've ever ventured too deeply in there. Its hard to tell with some of the countries what there is to see beyond, as you put it, the main road. More things to see!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: