Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #166
MEK
DIS Veteran

That place looks so freakin' cool and any place that has Boddingtons is OK in my book.

I would really like to visit that place next time I am in the area. I had to skim your update because I am working and busy, but its sounds like you had a great time!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #167
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Thank heavens someone's pulling in the estrogen!
marv posted a few times in the last day, so not all estrogen was lost.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #168
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Yay, you got meet Wendy! It sounds like you all had a great time!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #169
FauntleroyFAN07

that place does look like fun, and is that style of shirt your shirt of choice when you do dis meets, it looks pretty similiar to the one you wore with captain obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Wrong, 4 Judys. Her reflection is in 2 of the pics!
ahhh she got you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Yeah, you missed my dining review. That's why my eyes were tired and I didn't see those other two Judy's until too late........
its okay marv, he is to busy keeping track of his 2nd TR to notice you.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #170
marvali
DIS Veteran

Here are a few additional comments I failed to make last night in the midst of all the Judy discussions..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Hucifer is, in my opinion, one of the best and most entertaining trip report writers on the DIS. I am in awe of her writing and was really excited to have a chance to meet her.
Agree, but you really shouldn't disillusion all of your many fans you have been bamboozling all this time.......
Quote:
Seriously, pick any chapter and you are pretty much guaranteed a laugh. Not like the drivel you read here (but don’t you dare stop reading my drivel!).
Like any of us would......you have some of the best drivel around!!!
Quote:
Also, she’d be bringing a co-worker along, "A", who didn’t want to hear Disney talk all night long, so we had to find some other pleasant topics to discuss. Like maybe religion and politics.
Yeah, that'll cure him of that anti-Disney obsession!!!
Quote:
She also told me that her husband thought she was “nuts” for meeting some people from the internet. She told him that she’d read my trip reports and I seemed very nice, and smiled in all my pictures. She didn’t think I was an axe murderer because I’d had other DIS-meets with people who supposedly returned safely to their families afterward. He asked her how she knew I didn’t just make up those other screen names? Her response was that I had pictures and everything. :rotfl2
She could have just saved some time by telling him that Marv had met you and said you were okay!!!
Quote:
I had printed a few select chapters of Hucifer’s trip reports for Judy to read on the way to the restaurant since she didn’t know anything about her. Judy could only read two of them before she got a little queasy. (Judy gets queasy when she reads in a moving vehicle Wendy. Really, it wasn’t your writing.)
Well it COULD have been, depending on the chapters you printed........ just sayin'!
Quote:
On the tour we saw some huge, wooden aging vessels, but the thing I was most impressed with was the fact that our tour guide could say the name of the restaurant without ever cracking a smile.
Probably immune to all the comments by now....
Quote:
The conversation ranged from the work that Wendy and "A" were doing, PChef, school teaching, kids, vacations, and a little Disney thrown in, despite "A". Although we did ramp-up the Disney talk when he left to go to the bathroom.
Some things you can't hold in for long, regardless of the stipulations!
Quote:
The only things I remembered about Bube's Brewery were the stairs in the above picture and the stone walls in the pictures below.
The ONLY thing? I bet the name was hard for you to recall after all those years. I can hear the conversation now......."Judy, do you remember the name of that Brewery we went to years ago?"........."Bube's?"........."Quit trying to distract me, I'm trying to come up with the name of the brewery for a DISmeet!!!"
Quote:
The evening was unfortunately winding down, but before the moment passed, I asked a server to take a picture of us. Without pictures, it didn’t happen, right?

Back upstairs, I got one more picture of just Hucifer and I.
True dat! And it is amazing how much better your picture is every time you post a picture with someone you had a DISmeet with.......
Quote:
We had to find a good background, and Wendy put me in charge of that task since I had done such a good job during my DIS-meet with Capt. Oblivious.
Well, ALMOST every time.

I have to say this DOES look like an interesting place! So if I make it up there in the future and get to stop and say hello, are you going to take me to see Bube's too??? Just askin'........

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 02-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #171
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Old 02-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #172
dd50
DIS Veteran

How cool that you had another dis-meet. I can understand her husband being a little nervous about meeting someone on the internet.

The restaurant looks interesting. It would be my luck that by the time I got down the 40 steps I would need to use the restroom.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #173
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That place looks so freakin' cool and any place that has Boddingtons is OK in my book.
I confess, I had to look-up what Boddingtons was.

I can't remember if I mentioned in the post that I had one of their beers with dinner...it was good!

Quote:
I would really like to visit that place next time I am in the area. I had to skim your update because I am working and busy, but its sounds like you had a great time!
It'd be a little bit of a trek for you, but not too awfully far. Heck, "A" was talking about coming back the next time he was in Baltimore for crying out loud!

Quote:
Yeah, what're the ladies complaining about?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Yay, you got meet Wendy! It sounds like you all had a great time!
Yay is right! Come to think of it, I think I either found her thread from yours or vice-versa, so thanks!

Quote:
that place does look like fun, and is that style of shirt your shirt of choice when you do dis meets, it looks pretty similiar to the one you wore with captain obvious.
It IS the one. Wendy noticed it during dinner, but Capt. Oblivious was the first poster to comment here, so he picked up some coveted bonus points for that.

I almost wore it to work on Monday, but thought, "No, let's save this baby for Tuesday night. Might be good for a laugh". I think I'll retire it now though.

Quote:
its okay marv, he is to busy keeping track of his 2nd TR to notice you.
I finally got over there, somebody's gotta prop his thread up.

Quote:
Here are a few additional comments I failed to make last night in the midst of all the Judy discussions..........
Okay, shoot.

Quote:
Agree, but you really shouldn't disillusion all of your many fans you have been bamboozling all this time.......

Like any of us would......you have some of the best drivel around!!!
In honor of Wendy, I'll answer Hucifer-style:

Aw Marv, you say the nicest things!

Quote:
Yeah, that'll cure him of that anti-Disney obsession!!!
He'll soon be begging for park touring strategy and dining recommendations.

Quote:
She could have just saved some time by telling him that Marv had met you and said you were okay!!!
Now why didn't I think of that?

Quote:
Well it COULD have been, depending on the chapters you printed........ just sayin'!
One that I had Judy read was when Hucifer made that Streetmosphere guy hold his leg up for a picture for like a whole minute, pretending that she was having trouble with the camera when really she had shot off a dozen pictures.

Quote:
Probably immune to all the comments by now....
Yeah, they've probably heard a few.

Quote:
The ONLY thing? I bet the name was hard for you to recall after all those years. I can hear the conversation now......."Judy, do you remember the name of that Brewery we went to years ago?"........."Bube's?"........."Quit trying to distract me, I'm trying to come up with the name of the brewery for a DISmeet!!!"
Okay, okay. I confess, I have never ever forgotten the name. They have a pretty good little mnemonic device working for them there.

Quote:
True dat! And it is amazing how much better your picture is every time you post a picture with someone you had a DISmeet with.......
Well, ALMOST every time.
Hey, we try.

Quote:
I have to say this DOES look like an interesting place! So if I make it up there in the future and get to stop and say hello, are you going to take me to see Bube's too??? Just askin'........
Now how're you going to explain that to Alison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Good thing Faunt's around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
How cool that you had another dis-meet. I can understand her husband being a little nervous about meeting someone on the internet.
Me too...I certainly understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
The restaurant looks interesting. It would be my luck that by the time I got down the 40 steps I would need to use the restroom.
It pays to plan ahead. Whoops, that sounds like an unintended sailor-bathroom joke. (A head.)
Old 02-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #174
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

And just think how well the Liesa Greeting would go over! I like this place! Reminds me of the underground wine casements tour in Nuremberg.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #175
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:

Yeah, what're the ladies complaining about?!

well they can still complain about marv.

Quote:
It IS the one. Wendy noticed it during dinner, but Capt. Oblivious was the first poster to comment here, so he picked up some coveted bonus points for that.

i didnt see that, thats what i get for skimming the responses.

Quote:
Good thing Faunt's around.

see marv he does like me.

Blessed by the Best
Old 02-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #176
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Woow, it's so cool that you get a tour of the place! But too bad they never built washrooms down in the catacombs.

Hehe, B00bies...
Old 02-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #177
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It'd be a little bit of a trek for you, but not too awfully far. Heck, "A" was talking about coming back the next time he was in Baltimore for crying out loud!

I map quested it and its 75 miles, but we go to Lancaster from time to time, so its not out of the question.

What? You've never had Boddingtons? Seriously, I only know about it because the surgeon I work with loves beer and he got a keg of it at one of his Christmas parties (wonder what that cost?) and I have been a fan ever since.

But your whole post got me thinking about how it would be fun to have a Delaware Valley DIS meet some time. It seems that there are quite a few of us who live around the Philly area.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #178
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Great DIS Meet! Hehe...the DIS meet shirt That restaurant looks amazing! The non-big box chain restaurants are commonly hidden gems. This one really intrigues me. I love the catacombs. What a great concept!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #179
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Your mad background skillz are as sharp as ever! I just want to say that I'm extremely proud of you for wearing the mandatory DIS-meet uniform again.
Quote:
Ding ding ding! You win all of the bonus points for this round!
Hucifer noticed it too and said, "Is that the shirt?"

I said, "Yeah, but I'm not going to mention it in the post. I want to see who notices."

[/IMG]
I noticed too as I scrolled down but got here late. I got too much going on right now.

Had a good laugh over the Dis meet shirt. My DH did not wear his today but if he pulls it out inthe morning, I may some 'splaining to do about why I am laughing so hard.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 02-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #180
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
And just think how well the Liesa Greeting would go over! I like this place! Reminds me of the underground wine casements tour in Nuremberg.
Oh yeah, it'd only be natural, don't you think?

Yes, I thought of that tour of yours too when I looked at the picture I took.

Quote:
well they can still complain about marv.
Yeah, good point.

Quote:
i didnt see that, thats what i get for skimming the responses.
That's okay, I'm impressed that you noticed it!

Quote:
see marv he does like me.
Well of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Woow, it's so cool that you get a tour of the place! But too bad they never built washrooms down in the catacombs.
Afterward, I did have the thought, "If we're below the bathrooms, I hope there's never a problem with the sewer pipes."

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Hehe, B00bies...
heh heh.

Quote:
I map quested it and its 75 miles, but we go to Lancaster from time to time, so its not out of the question.
There ya go....it's not too far from Lancaster.

Quote:
What? You've never had Boddingtons? Seriously, I only know about it because the surgeon I work with loves beer and he got a keg of it at one of his Christmas parties (wonder what that cost?) and I have been a fan ever since.
I'll have to keep my eye out for it now.

Quote:
But your whole post got me thinking about how it would be fun to have a Delaware Valley DIS meet some time. It seems that there are quite a few of us who live around the Philly area.
Sounds good to me! When and where Mary Ellen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Great DIS Meet! Hehe...the DIS meet shirt That restaurant looks amazing! The non-big box chain restaurants are commonly hidden gems. This one really intrigues me. I love the catacombs. What a great concept!
Yes, I'm sure that's why she asked for no chain restaurants...she wanted to get a sense of the local fare and see something that she couldn't see in just about any other town she might travel through.

Wendy half-expected to see mummified corpses down there, and was a little relieved to find that there weren't any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I noticed too as I scrolled down but got here late. I got too much going on right now.

Had a good laugh over the Dis meet shirt. My DH did not wear his today but if he pulls it out inthe morning, I may some 'splaining to do about why I am laughing so hard.
I'd have bet money that you would have noticed it Pat!

Hey everyone! I know it's hard to believe, but a new chapter is about to be posted! Get ready!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: