Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
turtlebean
Mouseketeer

PTR! We like it HOT @POR 6/11-6/18

Finally, I have some time to write about our trip. We were there from 6/11-6/18 and stayed onsite at POR. The hotel was great and the kids seemed to love it. We were in alligator bayou #27. It was not terribly far away. We got 3 towel animals while were there which was 3 more than we got at POP last time we went.

Saturday- arrived and checked in our room was available right away. We went to the room and then got some lunch in food court at the hotel and headed off to Epcot. We got to ride alot actually and the weather was beautiful. Got to ride Mission Space for the first time and loved it. We also got to see Captain EO and were thrilled about that. We only did Futureworld and had dinner at Coral Reef. Dinner was delicous and we got to see a bunch of scuba divers in the tank. The boys loved that. We didn't get to see the fireworks b/c we all were so tired from being up from an early flight. We headed back to the resort b/c we knew tomorrow was going to be a long day. Got back to the resort and there was a message from Mickey and Minnie wishing us a happy anniversary.

Sunday- woke up early and suprised the boys at breakfast that we were going to Star Wars Weekends. They weren't as excited as I hoped they were going to be. I'll chalk it up to lack of sleep. Headed over to DHS for early opening and signed the boys up for JTA. We got the 1:15 show. Rode Star Tours (amazing!!) and DS(4) was tall enough to go on . Made the ride even better. Made it over to Jaba's Hut and got our picture w/C3PO. We were hoping to get R2D2, but we completely happy w/C3PO. DS(4) was in awe, he's all about the droids. Went to take the boys to check in for JTA. DS(4) decides he doesn't want to do it. DS(7) had a great time and got to use the force on the Stormtroopers. Rode rides the rest of day, fought the mob at Pizza Planet, rode TSM and ate dinner at 50's Prime Time. The start to our food issues this week b/c they gave our meals to the table next to us before they realized they messed up. So half of our table got food and the other half had to wait. We ended up getting our food and were so exhausted we decided to skip Hyperspace Hoopla and Fantasmic and go back to the room.

Monday- This is the day I wish I could start over again. The whole day was just bad from he beginning. Had breakfast at Crystal Palace. While eating, my MIL finds a piece of steel wool in her french toast. We call over the waitress and we had to s/w the manager, the chef and the chef's manager. By this time it was almost 11 and I just wanted to go ride Dumbo. They were very nice and we thought this was just a fluke. We all used to work in food service and just expected it to be a one time thing. Everyone was very gracious and they gave a priority fast pass and we went on our way. MK was so crowded and hot that we decided to leave after a few rides and seeing Woody and Jesse. We went to the Poly to grab lunch from Captain Cooks. We order and I get the boys and my food, my MIL gets her food, DH is still waiting. An hour later, DH is still waiting. Finally gets his food. The cashier put in the wrong pager #, instead of 65 she put 56. The manager offers to credit our dining plan back, but DH says no ( idiot). We leave. By the time we are on the bus, we realize that DS(4) has now lost his stuffed Finn McMissile car he bought last night. Lots of tears later, we get back and call the Poly to see if anyone had turned one in. No such luck. We decide to go to Epcot for Illuminations. While on the bus DS(4) falls asleep and has an accident. I got to get back in line to take him back and MIL says she will take the boys back and for DH and I to have some time alone. We decide to get slushies in France (I got Grand Marnier and he got Grey Goose) and they were yummy. I needed to eat b/c I hadn't had anything in my stomach since lunch. I decided to get a turkey leg. Bad idea. Turkey leg + grand marnier slushie + heat = getting sick in the bathroom at Epcot. We decide to leave and stop by the Poly to see if anyone turned in the car. Filled out a report and decided I was feeling better lets go to MK. Take the boat and ask if we left something on here earlier where does it go. She sent us to transportation, transportation sent us to Guest Services in MK. Go to Guest Services and they give us a # to call in the morning. The guy was nice enought to reissue my FP for another day since my party was not with me. Started crying from all frustation and lack of sleep. Rode Jungle Cruise and watched the electrical parade and went back to the resort.

Tuesday- Went to AK, finally got to see Asia this time. Saw another DISer in the security line. He had a tag, Do You Dis? I wanted to tell why yes, yes I do. But he left before I could say anything. Watched the bird show, went to the dinoland and dig site (very cool), and rode the safari. It was hot, so we headed back to the resort and went to the pool. Went to Whispering Canyon for dinner and our waiter Gepetto was wonderful. The kids loved the ketchup thing and the pony races. Went back to MK to use FP for Peter Pan and watch wishes. MSEP was cancelled due to weather.

Wednesday- Went to Playhouse Disney. Got to see Oso and the gang. DS(4) decides he now wants to do JTA. Walk over and waited 45 mins to sign him up. He gets the 1:30 show. We go and see Woody and Buzz, Playhouse Disney and try to accomplish whatever else we didn't do on Sunday. We go to check in for JTA and he decides he doesn't want to do it again. We tell the check in lady and go to LMA. We went to Sci-Fi for lunch. While eating my dessert, what do I find this time, but paper in my cake. I tell the waiter and it was just kind of dismissed, again being blamed on the off site bakery as was the incident at Crystal Palace. We leave and head back to the resort. Wednesday night was DH and my date night. I had suprised him w/the Wishes Dessert Party. We went to Tomorrowland and did a bunch of rides there before checking in for the dessert party. It started to downpour but we were undercover so it didn't matter. I'm glad we didn't bring the kids to this. They would have not have liked the desserts that much and the storm would of scared them. They would have begged to go home and we wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. The storm delayed the fireworks until 11:45. We started talking to the photopass photographer and she was wonderful. She took some really great pics of us watching the fireworks and gave us all the pics. We had a great night. I couldn't believe how cold it got from the storm. I was actually a little chilly.

Thursday- We decided not to go to the parks this day. We had breakfast at Chef Mickey's in the morning and then headed to Downtown Disney. DH had a migraine, so he went back to the room and I took the boys to Lego Store and to do some shopping. After not being satisfied w/what happened at Sci-Fi the day before I went to Guest Relations and they gave me the email to send my concerns to. Went back to the hotel and went to the pool. We saw some fireworks at the pool (thinking maybe they came from F!, not sure) and went to see Yeehaw Bob in the bar. He was awesome and I definitely recommend seeing him if your at POR. He came and chatted w/us for awhile and gave us a private show since it was just me, DS(4) and my MIL left.

Friday-slept in a little and went to Epcot to try and do Soarin, Test Track and Kimpossible. Only got to Kimpossible. FP for Soarin wasn't until 7 and I got FP for TT, but gave them to a family in England. We needed to meet up w/my godfather and his family that night before Ohana. Waited for 45 mins for a bus to MK, so we could transfer to Poly. Got caught in a downpour and ended up only being able to say Hi, take a picture and give a hug to my godfather and his family before dinner at Ohana. Dinner was great and the kids loved the coconut races. Headed back to MK to do tomorrowland and see MSEP. Got there while Wishes was going on and headed over to tomorrowland. MSEP got cancelled due to weather, so we did snow white (1 last time:), peoplemover, buzz, speedway and ended w/laugh floor. I got choosen during laughfloor to have my mind read. The boys loved it and we had some fun.

Saturday- we checked out and went to DTD before we had to get on DME. Got lunch @ Earl of Sandwich and brought it back to eat while waiting and used up our 16 snack credits before we left. Good thing we got snacks b/c we had to wait 2 hrs on the tarmac while a storm passed though. Our plane finally took off 1/2 hr after we were supposed to land back home.

All in all it was a great trip. DS(4) came into my room this morning crying b/c he wanted to go back to disney. Now I need to start planning our next trip. I think we need to go back when it's not so hot. But anytime in Disney is better than being at home!

Old 06-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

We were at MK Friday the 17th, too- and I was so disappointed that the MSEP was cancelled. We never saw it either

Did DS ever find his car? Any other compensation for the horrible food incidences? I am sorry there were some hiccups in your trip, but overall it sounded great!
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
Old 06-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #3
turtlebean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
We were at MK Friday the 17th, too- and I was so disappointed that the MSEP was cancelled. We never saw it either

Did DS ever find his car? Any other compensation for the horrible food incidences? I am sorry there were some hiccups in your trip, but overall it sounded great!
We didn't really get any compensation for food. I am going to write a letter to Disney, I just haven't had time yet. We never found DS car, but I didn't expect too. We ended up going to DTD before we got on ME and bought him a new one and didn't give it to him until we got home.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: