Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

One more time: Can you change your PIN ressie after it expires and keep discount?

My 40% off deluxe PIN expires in a few weeks (end of Feb) and I know we will not have made up our minds regarding dates, resort, length of stay and room-only vs. package.

Can I book a room and then change either (or all!) of the following and keep the 40% discount (as long as it's not a black-out date):

1. Resort
2. Date
3. Add nights
4. Make it into a package with tix and dining
5. All of the above

Thanks!

p.s - So confused if we're trying YC, BC, Boardwalk, AKL, GF or CR. So confused about going in May, Sept or October. So confused about 4, 5, 6 or 7 nights. So cinfused about adding DxDP like last time or not, etc. Can't answer all these questions before end of this month!

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #2
A&MsMommy
Mouseketeer

Thisi is what know from my experience today.

I got a 40% room rate for Deluxe Villas. I finally convinced my parents to go with us so we wanted to book at 2 br at BLT for September. not available under that deal so I booked a 2Br basically to hold the deal and I was told that if (please pretty please) BLT opens up I can switch it over and keep my deal.
A&MsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

You should be able to change your dates and resort (if still available), but you can't add dining to the PIN code (at all). The PIN discount is a room only reservation, but they will allow you to preorder tickets.

If I were you, I'd really start making up my mind and figure out exactly what you want. You would be very lucky to be able to change anything after the fact, even with the ability to do so.

Go for a 6 night stay at BWI, YC or BC in October! My second choice would be May at the same resorts.
HM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
nrpofp
DIS Veteran

I booked with a pin code that has expired now. I have changed my res many times since it expired. Not the resort just the number of nights and dates. I also have the dxdp with my package. I would answer yes to all of your above questions provided their is availability.
nrpofp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
You should be able to change your dates and resort (if still available), but you can't add dining to the PIN code (at all). The PIN discount is a room only reservation, but they will allow you to preorder tickets.
This is not quite true. A "room only" PIN just means that you get the discount only on the room portion of your reservation. Generally, you can use the PIN when booking a package. They just want you to realize that you get the discount on the room only; you still have to pay full price for the tickets and dining plan. The CMs always try to push it on me when I book a room only reservation under a PIN!

Whether you can change from a room only reservation to a package after the PIN offer has expired and still keep the discount is another question; I don't know the answer to that as I don't book packages.

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
This is not quite true. A "room only" PIN just means that you get the discount only on the room portion of your reservation. Generally, you can use the PIN when booking a package. They just want you to realize that you get the discount on the room only; you still have to pay full price for the tickets and dining plan. The CMs always try to push it on me when I book a room only reservation under a PIN!

Whether you can change from a room only reservation to a package after the PIN offer has expired and still keep the discount is another question; I don't know the answer to that as I don't book packages.
Yes. As snykymom says, you can definitely book the room with a 40% off pin and add tix to make it into a package. The tix and the dining will be regular price and the discount will apply to the room. I've done this in the past: 40% off deluxe and regular price for tix and dining.

I wish we could make up our minds now but both DH and I have multiple "curve" balls at work this year that will make pinning down dates fairly difficult. For example, we still don't have our May work dates set and we're already in February. I think I'm going to plan for Sept or Oct and hope for the best. If we can do May, then I'll change them.

It seems you can make changes - add nights, change resorts, as long as there is availability in the pin room discount inventory, which is the hard part. Has anyone NOT been able to make changes at all (not due to inventory)?

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: