Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2011, 08:32 AM   #61
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ededmd View Post
You can get the meusli delivered. Just write it in.
I'll try it... IF they ever post the rest of the 2012 dates so I can book.

We were always seated alone and didn't ask. We were a party of 4 then a party of 6.
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #62
wums95
Earning My Ears

Private Sail Away?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepht5 View Post
The *private sail away* is when pulling out at one of the ports. Not the first day Sail Away.
Wow- can you please tell more about the private sail away?

Is it similar to the main one, out on deck w/ characters, etc, or is it a quiet, private affair? Is there much for the kids?

Thanks in advance...
wums95 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #63
gomagic
Go Bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wums95 View Post
Wow- can you please tell more about the private sail away?

Is it similar to the main one, out on deck w/ characters, etc, or is it a quiet, private affair? Is there much for the kids?

Thanks in advance...
It's a quiet private affair for concierge guests. On the Magic it is held in the outside dining area of Topsiders furthest aft. If the weather is bad it is held inside. They serve a small selection of appetizer like foods along with drinks. There have been some of the ships officers there along with one character. Hope this helps.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #64
BethA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomagic View Post
It's a quiet private affair for concierge guests. On the Magic it is held in the outside dining area of Topsiders furthest aft. If the weather is bad it is held inside. They serve a small selection of appetizer like foods along with drinks. There have been some of the ships officers there along with one character. Hope this helps.
has this been held on the Dream? We did not have it on the maiden? Anyone get a litho?
BethA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #65
carole88
New Yorker at Heart

Hi Beth,
Sorry to hear that your stay had disapointments. We are staying concierge July 19 so I look forward to hearing about your June trip. Hope you and your family are all doing well.

Dream - July 19, 2011 (Bahamas), Magic - July 13, 2008 (Mexican Riviera) , June 24, 2006 (Western Double Dip), March 5, 2005 (Eastern), October 25, 2003 (Western)
Multiple Disneyland trips - 2007 to Present, Bay Lake Towers July 2012, July 2011 & August 2009, Port Orleans - May 2001, Offsite WDW - April 1997 --- DVC Member since Dec. 2008
carole88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #66
BethA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carole88 View Post
Hi Beth,
Sorry to hear that your stay had disapointments. We are staying concierge July 19 so I look forward to hearing about your June trip. Hope you and your family are all doing well.
I was just thinking about you and wishing we'd end up cruising together again.
If I had not experienced concierge before I might not have been disappointed, but I missed the personal service nad all the little things we were used to. I thought it was just because it was the maiden voyage abd hectic for them, but other posters make me feel like we might see the same thing in June. I'll let you know.
Just read a blog about to concierge or not concierge and it does mirror my current feelings.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #67
Duncanzone
New to DIS not to Disney

Oh No!!!

Thanks so much for your review of the concierge floors!! My hope is that the powers that be read these boards!! The small extra perks is what I pay for when I am staying on the concierge floors....it is what makes the trip special....and what justifies the (significant!!) upcharge for these rooms. I am booked on the Dream in June....it will be our 5th cruise with Disney.....4 of which were in concierge. We have also booked our wedding on Castaway Cay....I have 12 other rooms booked....all new cruisers except 1 room. I sure hope they get it together before then. Thanks again for taking the time to review.

Worked at WDW 1990-1991 & at WDI 1992-1997
Have been to WDW & Disneyland (a lot!)
Sailed on the Magic twice & the Wonder twice
Gettin' married on the Dream June 2011

Duncanzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #68
BethA
DIS Veteran

the weddings always are so beautiful on the cruise!I'm sure with the wedding you will get plenty of attention and hopefully lots of extras. When are you sailing?
Old 02-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #69
JSClemsonFan
Mouseketeer

called my concierge host today

I am sailing the Dream in May. It will be my first time on a Disney cruise and we are going concierge. After reading this thread, I called my concierge host today and shared the information from this thread. I wanted some clarification on things. Here is what I was told -- concierge on the Dream includes:
-ability to pre-reserve services (starting 120 days out) - excursions, Palo, Remy, spa, etc...
-ability to arrange nursery if needed
-dedicated check in
-ability to book cabanas on CC before boarding ship
-concierge lounge
-priority boarding
-internet -- wireless -- in lounge and rooms -- however, there is currently a fee for this. She did say Disney is considering changing that to free but it hasn't happened yet
-complimentary food and beverage (which I find humorous... isn't the food included in the cruise)
-private sundeck
-hot breakfast, lunch, and dinner able to be sent to the room
-fruit basket in the room the 1st day -- no other gifts or food brought to the room
-conc. reception in the con. lounge on the first day of sailing -- this is to meet the nursery workers, kids' club people, activities director, etc. -- this is NOT the character/captain reception
-link to concierge staff
-suite with better linens, bathroom supplies, etc.

I asked specifically on these things:
-will there be arcade cards for kids? She said no, this has stopped recently on all cruises. She said guests without kids were complaining that they weren't getting "as much" as those guests with kids. So since the cabins with kids were getting arcade cards, then those cabins without kids were asking for 3 beers to equal it out. She said it was too much for Disney to try to balance what people were getting...so it has stopped
-what about the reception with the one character and the captain? She said this was not planned for the Dream. I told her that when I made my reservation (on January 18, 2011), I was specifically told this would happen. She said that was incorrect and she would get with reservations to make sure they aren't telling people this.
-I asked about the number of conc. employees with the 40 cabins. She said the smaller cruises have 2 staff but on the larger cruises...like the Dream, we have 3 staff
-I asked about the treats being delivered to the room on a daily basis - she said the fruit basket on the first day was all there was. That the concierge lounge was to take the place of this service.

I think that was everything I asked. I hope this information is helpful. I was disappointed by a few of the changes. It will be all be new to me...but I had read enough on this forum to know what I "thought" would be happening.
JSClemsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #70
BethA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSClemsonFan View Post
I am sailing the Dream in May. It will be my first time on a Disney cruise and we are going concierge. After reading this thread, I called my concierge host today and shared the information from this thread. I wanted some clarification on things. Here is what I was told -- concierge on the Dream includes:
-ability to pre-reserve services (starting 120 days out) - excursions, Palo, Remy, spa, etc...
-ability to arrange nursery if needed
-dedicated check in
-ability to book cabanas on CC before boarding ship
-concierge lounge
-priority boarding
-internet -- wireless -- in lounge and rooms -- however, there is currently a fee for this. She did say Disney is considering changing that to free but it hasn't happened yet
-complimentary food and beverage (which I find humorous... isn't the food included in the cruise)
-private sundeck
-hot breakfast, lunch, and dinner able to be sent to the room
-fruit basket in the room the 1st day -- no other gifts or food brought to the room
-conc. reception in the con. lounge on the first day of sailing -- this is to meet the nursery workers, kids' club people, activities director, etc. -- this is NOT the character/captain reception
-link to concierge staff
-suite with better linens, bathroom supplies, etc.

-will there be arcade cards for kids? She said no, this has stopped recently on all cruises. She said guests without kids were complaining that they weren't getting "as much" as those guests with kids. So since the cabins with kids were getting arcade cards, then those cabins without kids were asking for 3 beers to equal it out. She said it was too much for Disney to try to balance what people were getting...so it has stopped
-what about the reception with the one character and the captain? She said this was not planned for the Dream. I told her that when I made my reservation (on January 18, 2011), I was specifically told this would happen. She said that was incorrect and she would get with reservations to make sure they aren't telling people this.
-I asked about the number of conc. employees with the 40 cabins. She said the smaller cruises have 2 staff but on the larger cruises...like the Dream, we have 3 staff
-I asked about the treats being delivered to the room on a daily basis - she said the fruit basket on the first day was all there was. That the concierge lounge was to take the place of this service.

I think that was everything I asked. I hope this information is helpful. I was disappointed by a few of the changes. It will be all be new to me...but I had read enough on this forum to know what I "thought" would be happening.
I guess that clarifies it-thanks for doing that and making them aware .
The lounge is nice but does not replace all the personal attention from before. With the huge increase in prices for concierge on the Dream we may just no longer travel that way with DCL. I wonder how they justify taking so many things away? I have read here that people always get so many extras from concierge- odd that they would blame the arcade cards for being an issue. Oh well- now we know what to expect- or not expect.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #71
SharonLowe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSClemsonFan View Post
OMG - I cannot believe some people - my DD got a 5 minute arcade card on our 3-day Wonder cruise in November on the last night! Hardly a huge benefit and not used. People think that is worth 3 beers - not likely. Such a shame that people have to be so greedy. Adults get lots of things - the lithograph, etc. - so why can't kids get something too.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #72
evanthep
Mouseketeer

Thanks for checking on all that with concierge host. Answers a lot of my questions.
evanthep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #73
JSClemsonFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethA View Post
I guess that clarifies it-thanks for doing that and making them aware .
You are welcome. It was no big deal. I wanted to know for me. I hope more people continue to call their concierge host and let them know their disappointments (if they have cruised) as well as what they'd like to see. I would LOVE to see the internet go free for concierge...she said it is being discussed. This would be one of those "big" perks in my opinion. I don't want the internet for work...I want it to contact our family, check FB, check this forum... I would also like to see the reception with the one character or better yet a private character meet and greet time for concierge with various characters. My kids don't care about meeting the captain...LOL! But we sure would love some character time and that (to me) would be another huge perk to concierge.
JSClemsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #74
scrapbookjulie
Mouseketeer

Free internet and a character meet and greet are the exact same 2 perks I would LOVE!
scrapbookjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:30 PM   #75
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Kids can no longer have arcade cards or other little extras because the "adults' thought it wasn't fair? Seriously? What a lame excuse..
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: