Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2011, 07:23 AM   #91
Luvamouse
DIS Veteran

It was 11 degrees here this morning, would've seemed warm a week ago LOL, and needed my Poly fix! We leave the frozen North in 8 days and 3 hours!!! Thanks guitarob for the new thread-- can't wait to be "home". That is what my DD 16 is waiting for, the guard to say "Welcome home"... Bringing our laptop, hope to post from the Poly The pictures have warmed me today!
February 2011--Back to the Poly says the Birthday Girl! Daytona 500 and WDW for DD's 16th B-Day
February 2012- Couldn't resist! Daytona 500 and Contemporary MK View. Scratch that-- Back to the Poly Again!

January 2013... Somebody stop me! DD's 1st Year in College, let's keep our life "normal" and go to WDW! Poly Again? I'd love to try POR... Looks like CR MK View. Nope, now it's GF Lagoon View!

Luvamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #92
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Best poly video ever!

sorry - I put the wrong one up before... here is the 15 minute super dooper coverage version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1tPM...layer_embedded

DS 10 DS 7

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #93
GeorgiaHoo
DIS Veteran

Poly bound!

In the car on the way to our first stay at Poly. Literally 4hr 45 min away from my Disney birthday celebration. Any last min advice?
GeorgiaHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:12 AM   #94
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaHoo View Post
In the car on the way to our first stay at Poly. Literally 4hr 45 min away from my Disney birthday celebration. Any last min advice?
Have a blast and enjoy yourself!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:37 AM   #95
pigletto
DIS Veteran

So many of you with trips coming up
We are excitedly counting down the days to our first Poly visit. I am so excited. We have stayed at CSR and POR and really enjoyed both. I don't think the kids have any idea what a treat they are in for

My six year old is a funny guy. When he gets too excited he gets all teary. So he asked us to stop talking about the trip at dinner last night "because it makes me all weepy" I have raised two awesome Disney fanatics

We have always gone in September before for free dining. While we have had wonderful trips I am SO looking forward to not fighting the extreme heat and humidity.
I just can't wait to watch Wishes from the Poly. So so excited today
Old 02-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #96
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwooten2006 View Post

What are the chances that I could actually get a free upgrade with the help of a little Pixie Dust??? I've never tried before, and I'd completely be happy with the room we have booked, by OMG that would be awesome!
to the Disboards!!!

My best advice on this is always to expect nothing more than the room you pay for. Now, seriously, I'm not trying to be a downer, but the fact of the matter is that, in reality, upgrades are few and far between. In all my years of going (and staying GV, heck, I didn't even know CL existed until 2006). I wouldn't have even know they existed if not for reading the disboards.

As I've said before to others, don't over think your trip. It is so easy to get caught up in trying to nail down every little detail (and the disboards are a great place to get carried away from reality very quickly), and that can actually detract from the trip in the case that something doesn't go exactly as planned or hoped for.

I approach every trip thanking the good Lord that I get to stay at the Polynesian again, and leave the rest up to Disney magic.

I hope that you do have a magical and wonderful anniversary. The fact that you'll be celebrating it at the Polynesian and in WDW should pretty much guarantee that. Relax, have a blast, and let the Disney World work it's magic

You're going to have an awesome trip no matter what room you're in

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!!!

Last edited by guitarob; 02-09-2011 at 10:51 AM.
guitarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #97
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

I have a quick question. In looking at the official map, on the 1st page of this awesome new thread, the building that houses the laundry, arcade and Neverland Club is called Tangarao. It looks like an awefully big building for just that. Is there anything else in that building or is Neverland club just that big?

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #98
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
I have a quick question. In looking at the official map, on the 1st page of this awesome new thread, the building that houses the laundry, arcade and Neverland Club is called Tangarao. It looks like an awefully big building for just that. Is there anything else in that building or is Neverland club just that big?
Actually that building currently only houses Tangaroa Terrace, The Neverland Club and a small laundromat. I believe, and I know I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, that part of the back of the building houses some of the maintenance department.

I'm surprised that Moana Mickey's is still notated on that map (the map used is a scan of the map that I received in September of 2010, so it's fairly recent), that must have just been an oversight when the new maps were printed as Moana Mickey's hasn't been there for some time. The arcade is now located in the GCH next to Capt. Cook's.

Actually, upon further inspection of the map, Tokelau is misspelled "Tokela" as well... It's odd that quality control in their graphics department didn't catch that.

Tangaroa Terrace used to be a casual restaurant, served time for a while as Capt. Cook's and is now used mainly for weddings and other private events.

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!!!

Last edited by guitarob; 02-09-2011 at 10:49 AM.
guitarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #99
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Well...according to tikiman...the East pool renovation has been postponed again. It is now scheduled for Feb 21 - Apr 8. Wonder why it keeps getting bumped Labor taking longer at another site or materials on backorder? HHmmmm....make a gal think....anyone have a theory? I know I am one of the few on here excited about the reno. I look forward to the pool possibly taking away some of the crowds from the volcano pool. More room for my family at our favorite table near the bar for quick refills

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

Grace&Carolinesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #100
tammydel
A true blue DISer!

The dates for the pool renovation had me concerned as well.... We are headed down 4/17-21.
I am surprised that they would plan this so close to the Spring Break crowds.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #101
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
Well...according to tikiman...the East pool renovation has been postponed again. It is now scheduled for Feb 21 - Apr 8. Wonder why it keeps getting bumped Labor taking longer at another site or materials on backorder? HHmmmm....make a gal think....anyone have a theory? I know I am one of the few on here excited about the reno. I look forward to the pool possibly taking away some of the crowds from the volcano pool. More room for my family at our favorite table near the bar for quick refills
I always pick a table based on its proximity to the bar. If all goes according to plan DD will be napping in her stroller, DS will be playing in the shallow end of the pool, and I will be in the deep end of a drink...or 3.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #102
The crowd
Earning My Ears

Well poop. We're gonna be there from 2/25-3/4 so no quiet pooll for us
The crowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #103
rcsilverspring
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybe they heard all the negative feedback and have reconsidered. Yeah, riiight.

June 1989-Polynesian, June 1991-Polynesian June 2008-FINALLY back to the Polynesian after 17 years!!!!
May 2011- headed back "home" to the Poly! Dec. 2012-Girls only trip to WL to finally see the Christmas decorations (Sorry Poly)
]
rcsilverspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #104
cmcinc
Mouseketeer

Great new thread with some great pics. We will be back again in late October.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #105
autismmom1
Mouseketeer

Bell services question

Hi!

Long time lurker here, and I probably won't post very much because I haven't taken the time to read the etiquette.

We're staying at the Poly for the very first time after staying at POFQ two years in a row and I'm very excited, but we're trying to save some money where we can....is it possible to take your own luggage to your room instead of having bell services lug it there? I guess I'm cheap, but I have no problem hauling my suitcase myself and would rather do that than pay someone else to...is this terribly rude?

Thank you in advance!
autismmom1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: