Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #751
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Yes, the server will bring you all the dishes, meats on a skewer, drinks and dessert. If you want more, just ask!

Ohana's Dinner Adult 5:00pm - 10:00pm - Starters: Pork fried dumplings, Corriander chicken wings, and Mixed Greens with Honey-Lime dressing. Skewers (prepared over an oak fire): Marinated sirloin steak, Asian BBQ pork loin, Mesquite grilled turkey, and non-peeled shrimp. Accompaniments: broccoli and green peas and pad Thai noodles. Sauces: peanut, chimichurri and sweet-and-sour. Dessert: 'Ohana bread pudding a la mode with Banana Foster sauce. Includes coffee, tea and soda. - $30.99

WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #752
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
Yep, pretty much!! Getting a mani-pedi tonight. I only work a half day on Thursdays, so I'm meeting some friends for a late lunch tomorrow to get in the vacation mood!!

Thanks!
WOW! I am tripley(is that a word?) jealous. Mani, pedi, AND Poly. So excited for you. Sip--or slurp!-- a Pina Colava while lounging on the beach listening to the boat horns and MK train whistle and gaze at the castle. I will live vicariously thru you. OH--and don't forget to do some photo sleuthing over at the east pool

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

Grace&Carolinesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #753
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
I have to go back and read a few posts...but for now I have to do my 7 months dance......

Joining you in that dance sista!!

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #754
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
WOW! I am tripley(is that a word?) jealous. Mani, pedi, AND Poly. So excited for you. Sip--or slurp!-- a Pina Colava while lounging on the beach listening to the boat horns and MK train whistle and gaze at the castle. I will live vicariously thru you. OH--and don't forget to do some photo sleuthing over at the east pool
You forgot to remind her about the Lapu Lapu straw scraping
Old 03-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #755
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Green with envy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
Yep, pretty much!! Getting a mani-pedi tonight. I only work a half day on Thursdays, so I'm meeting some friends for a late lunch tomorrow to get in the vacation mood!!

Thanks!
I always get a mani/pedi right before our WDW vacays too! This yr DD almost 15 will be joining me and DH normally gets a pedi before our trips as well, his feet are in steel toed boots so they need it!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #756
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Having woken up to 4 inches of fresh snow this morning (where the heck did that come from?!) I'd have to agree with Grace&Carolinesmom! Although I did manage to have my own little bit of Poly paradise this afternoon. My plans got cancelled and I have an empty house (a rare occurence) so I soaked in a hot bath with one of my sister's homemade tropical bathmelts (the fragrance of pineapple wafting up through the air) and the Poly loop playing in the background. When I closed my eyes I was almost there ...

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #757
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I think some Lapu-Straw-Scraping Support Group needs to be formed. Though, I'd imagine meetings would devolve into discussion of various straw-wielding techniques and the best methods for extracting the pineapply-rum goodness.

(Thanks for the 'Ohana info. Tempted to change from Kona to Ohana at dinner now.)
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #758
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I think some Lapu-Straw-Scraping Support Group needs to be formed. Though, I'd imagine meetings would devolve into discussion of various straw-wielding techniques and the best methods for extracting the pineapply-rum goodness.

(Thanks for the 'Ohana info. Tempted to change from Kona to Ohana at dinner now.)
The LSSSG meetings would devolve no matter what the topic promptly after the second Lapu-Lapu. Remember that cloak of invisibility

Can you do both Kona and 'Ohana? I think everyone should try 'Ohana at least once, and if you can, time it with Wishes and try and get a window seat. But, I'm personally not a big fan of the food. I do love Kona for lunch, they have a great menu and those desserts...

Please note that the Lapu-Lapu is served at lunch!

KONA:
Lunch (Updated: 01/11)

Appetizers/Starter
Lump Crab Cakes - Pan-seared and served with Asian tartar sauce and pineapple relish. - $10.49
Pot Stickers - Wok seared duck dumplings with a creamy ginger-soy sauce. - $7.49
Sticky Wings - Glazed chicken wings with a tangy mustard drizzle and toasted sesame seeds. - $12.99
Soups/Salads
Chicken Noodle Soup - chicken noodle soup - $6.49
Kona Salad - Mixed greens, Maytag blue cheese, fresh fruit, red onions, and smoked almonds with a citrus vinaigrette. - $7.99
Shrimp & Coconut Curry Soup - Shrimp and coconut soup. - $6.99

Entree/Main Course
Angus Chuck Cheeseburger - Char-grilled with your choice of cheddar, Swiss, or American cheese. - $11.99
Asian Noodle Bowl - Spiced beef broth with strip steak, snap peas, carrots, celery, and rice noodles. - $14.99
Beef Teriyaki Salad - Mixed greens, carrots, tomatoes, chives, and cheddar cheese tossed with grilled beef strips in a crispy won ton bowl. - $14.99
Island Chicken Sandwich - Grilled chicken breast with apple-smoked bacon, Swiss cheese, curry mayonnaise, fried onions, on a Kaiser roll and served with sweet potato chips. - $13.49
Kona Club Sandwich - Slow-roasted thinly sliced turkey breast with tomato, avocado, turkey bacon, watercress, and reduced-calorie Sweet-chili mayo on Multigrain bread served with sweet potato chips. - $11.49
Polynesian Plate Lunch: A Traditional Hawaiian Favorite - Your Choice of One of the following: Chicken with Peanut Sauce, Grilled Mahi Mahi, with Ponzu Sauce or Teriyaki Fried Steak with spicy tomato salsa. Served with sticky rice and macaroni salad. - $14.99
Stir-fried Asian Noodles - Asian noodles with sliced chicken and seasonal vegetables. Available as a Vegan Entree for $11.19 - $14.99

Dessert
Coconut Cream Kiki tart - Tart - $5.49
Desserts - Choose from: Banana-chocolate Creme Brulee, White chocolate cheesecake, Kona Kone, Kilauea Torte, Chocolate Fondue, No Sugar Added Apple Stack, or Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart.

Drinks
Classic Mai Tai - Dark rum, pineapple juice and citrus juices. Also offered at dinner.
Island Sunset - A delicious blend of spiced rum, coconut rum, melon, and peach combined with our guava passion fruit juice.
Kona Cool Sundown - A refreshing blend of vodka, Chambord liqueur, and cranberry juice
Lapu Lapu - Myer's rum, Bacardi 151, orange juice, sour mix. Served in a fresh cut pineapple. Served at lunch and dinner.
Malibu Macaw - A combo of Malibu coconut rum, Midori melon liqueur, and pineapple and cranberry juices.
Non-Alcoholic Specialities - Choose from Espresso $3.49, Cappuccino $3.99, Cafe Latte $3.99, Cafe Mocha $4.49, or Frozen Cappuccino $4.29
Selection of 13 Wines - Choose from a variety of white and red wines. Prices vary.
Smoothies - A creamy blend of tropical juices served frozen. Flavors: Orange-Passion Fruit, Strawberry-Banana or Raspberry.
Specialty Beers - Choose from Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale or Kona Longboard Lager.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #759
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Will do!! Really looking forward to the Pina Colava!!

Quote:
And that too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
I always get a mani/pedi right before our WDW vacays too! This yr DD almost 15 will be joining me and DH normally gets a pedi before our trips as well, his feet are in steel toed boots so they need it!
LOL, my DH wears steel toe boots too, but he'd die before he'd have a pedi, I think! I'll just do DD's nails myself - she's 7, her pampering is getting her hair braided at the GF salon on Saturday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Having woken up to 4 inches of fresh snow this morning (where the heck did that come from?!) I'd have to agree with Grace&Carolinesmom! Although I did manage to have my own little bit of Poly paradise this afternoon. My plans got cancelled and I have an empty house (a rare occurence) so I soaked in a hot bath with one of my sister's homemade tropical bathmelts (the fragrance of pineapple wafting up through the air) and the Poly loop playing in the background. When I closed my eyes I was almost there ...

We were lucky enough to miss the snow this round, it's been a loooooong winter. It's just gray and rainy here. Looks like it will be cold most of the time we're gone, too. Can't wait to get away!!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

sandym718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:56 PM   #760
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

I am feeling so deprived...I have NEVER had a Lapu Lapu. I *THINK* about it each trip but I am so in love with the Pina Colava that I can't seem to venture to the pineapple sensation. I slurp up my pina colava so fast I get the cold zing in my throat that reminds me--Hello lady??--drinking too fast--slow down, take your time--ack! I never listen and keep slurping despite the cold zing...until sadly I am left with the "eating of the cherry". At that point, I point to my cup and DH gets me another

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

Grace&Carolinesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #761
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Hello,
I would love to get everyone's opinion on which long house to request. We would like to be near the pool and have a full size balcony. Thanks so much!
Old 03-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #762
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The LSSSG meetings would devolve no matter what the topic promptly after the second Lapu-Lapu. Remember that cloak of invisibility

Can you do both Kona and 'Ohana? I think everyone should try 'Ohana at least once, and if you can, time it with Wishes and try and get a window seat. But, I'm personally not a big fan of the food. I do love Kona for lunch, they have a great menu and those desserts...
Ya know, I believe LSSSG needs a witty slogan. I'll be such a light-weight by the time our next trip rolls around, the first Lapu Lapu will have complimentary Cloak of Invisibility included, I think.

Hmmm. On second thought re: Kona Cafe after looking at their menu again, we have booked in for dinner on the night before we leave (hopefully have booked by the IPO) -- I'll leave it be, methinks. The desserts and drinks part of the menu reminded me. *drool* Last year, we had done 'Ohana for breakfast; the food was a bit strange (sugar on the potatoes?!). We loved the character interaction though. And went to Kona Cafe for dinner, on a night when I was feeling a bit "off" so I'd love to do Kona again and enjoy it 100% this time! The hubster really enjoyed his meal that night though -- and the dessert. While I looked on in jealousy.

We spent two of the evenings camped outside the Tambu Lounge, enjoying drinks and snacks from the bar menu with the kiddo. That was fabulous. I'd highly recommend that to anyone. Very relaxing in those chairs, with a frosty drink in hand. (Note for legality sake: Kiddo didn't imbibe adult drinks; even as tempted as mommy was to let her have a sip.)
Old 03-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #763
tammydel
A true blue DISer!

I just want to take a moment to thank you all.
I'm about 3 1/2 weeks away from my trip and I lurk on this thread daily, well perhaps hourly....
I get excited every time someone posts. Really it doesn't even matter what you say (although you are all full of information AND very entertaining) I'm just excited that there is someone saying something about the Polynesian.
So for those of you going before me - Have a magical time! And those of you after - I will try to give your ticker a push and make it go faster.

Tammy
Old 03-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #764
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

I MUST be in the minority b/c I dont like the lapu lapu, way toooo strong for me.. I love the pina colava, I love that they use chambord in most of the pina colada/Colava un WDW..

Now my DH has to get it each time..

I remember when I ordered the lapu lapu I didnt really didnt know what was in it I took it for granted that it was like a pina colada and WOW it was a shock! LOL DH said I saw the description and didnt say a word..
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #765
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am feeling so deprived...I have NEVER had a Lapu Lapu. I *THINK* about it each trip but I am so in love with the Pina Colava that I can't seem to venture to the pineapple sensation. I slurp up my pina colava so fast I get the cold zing in my throat that reminds me--Hello lady??--drinking too fast--slow down, take your time--ack! I never listen and keep slurping despite the cold zing...until sadly I am left with the "eating of the cherry". At that point, I point to my cup and DH gets me another
I think maybe I need to adopt your game-plan! I go for the non-frozen drinks because they "go down easier" and I don't suffer from "brain freeze" or "frozen throat" -- but that's a bad strategy because I blow through said non-frozen libations. "Frozen throat" always slows me way down. You've got to get a Lapu Lapu to experience the straw scrape phenomenon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
Hello,
I would love to get everyone's opinion on which long house to request. We would like to be near the pool and have a full size balcony. Thanks so much!
You know, I was in your exact position last year ... wondering what longhouse to request. My suggestion is take a look-see at Tikiman's website (just Google Tikiman Polynesian); he's got excellent descriptions including the pros and cons of each longhouse. That way you can decide on your own based on what your requirements are. After perusing his site, we decided on Tokelau and really couldn't have asked for a better spot. Right next to the quiet pool and a short walk away to the TTC was exactly what we wanted -- we requested top floor for the full balcony. It was fab.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: