Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #3496
BethA
DIS Veteran

is there a link for the new thread here?
BethA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #3497
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetsunshine View Post
I've been reading this thread for days and got so many great ideas and tips. We're going in December and it seems like years away.

Originally we booked a lagoon view, but yesterday I switched to a club level garden view. I'm a little nervous about that decision though. I've read lots of positive comments and reviews about the lounge/food, but also lots of negative ones.

My biggest worry is that the snacks and food will be a big disappointment. I read many times there were low supplies and the staff was often indifferent. But my main reason for opting to stay club level is the easy access to snacks and drinks with three young kids. We plan on short trips to the parks so we'll be in the resort often (I think).

Any advice for me? Stay club level or switch back to lagoon view and get food via garden grocer?
I switched to GV for the first time in May and I can tell you I was in no way sorry. As a matter of fact I booked it for our upcoming trip in Nov/Dec!

It was nice having access to drinks 24/7 and to be able to watch Wishes from the lounge. The snacks were a bonus for us.
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2011, 12:29 PM   #3498
Aanna
Lurker

A big welcome to all the new Poly peoples!

YAY US!

<returns to lurking mode>
Old 07-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #3499
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethA View Post
is there a link for the new thread here?
I haven't seen one yet. Rob was working on a new thread and I'm sure he will post a link when it's ready to roll.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #3500
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetsunshine View Post
I've been reading this thread for days and got so many great ideas and tips. We're going in December and it seems like years away.

Originally we booked a lagoon view, but yesterday I switched to a club level garden view. I'm a little nervous about that decision though. I've read lots of positive comments and reviews about the lounge/food, but also lots of negative ones.

My biggest worry is that the snacks and food will be a big disappointment. I read many times there were low supplies and the staff was often indifferent. But my main reason for opting to stay club level is the easy access to snacks and drinks with three young kids. We plan on short trips to the parks so we'll be in the resort often (I think).

Any advice for me? Stay club level or switch back to lagoon view and get food via garden grocer?
I did almost the same thing - switched from GV to CL/GV. We are so excited. I wonder if we will be there the same time as your family? This will be our first stay at the Poly.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
swwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #3501
DisneyCowgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneechic View Post
Having 3 youngish ones myself and being one that also does shorter park trips (ie non commando), I HIGHLY recommend CL. Even *if* snacks are low (which we never had an issue with) having the extra space of the lounge to "chill" in was very much appreciated. It gave the kids some room to spread out (mainly sit in the kiddie area and watch TV and drink/snack) and us adult a little space to sit at a separate table to gaze at the castle and enjoy some uninterrupted conversation. We also loved getting the kids ready for bed, then walking to the lounge to watch the ELP and Wishes, have a little drink ourselves and then walk back to the room to put them to bed. The CL lounge is one of the things my kids remember most about our trips, they absolutely loved it in there.
This describes why we enjoyed CL as well. DS5 loved the "little fridg" where he could go and get a whole can of Sprite! And yes, it is a family vacation, but DH and I did appreciate getting 20 minutes or so to sit quietly and eat a snack while the kids sat at the little table eating their snack and watching cartoons. Really added a feeling of relaxation to our vacation.
DisneyCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #3502
Sweetsunshine
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
I did almost the same thing - switched from GV to CL/GV. We are so excited. I wonder if we will be there the same time as your family? This will be our first stay at the Poly.
We're going Dec. 11-16. I feel much better about upgrading to club level now. Seems like the benefits will far outweigh the possible negatives. Maybe we'll see you there!
Old 07-19-2011, 01:28 AM   #3503
logpey
Disney or bust!

Looking at ticker, getting close! I hope everyone is safe, Tropical storm coming in! Hope the rain disappears quickly!
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #3504
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
Looking at ticker, getting close! I hope everyone is safe, Tropical storm coming in! Hope the rain disappears quickly!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Look at it this way, during a storm the parks are way less crowded, LOL! No wait!

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:29 AM   #3505
logpey
Disney or bust!

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Look at it this way, during a storm the parks are way less crowded, LOL! No wait!
Thx I need it, my hubby called me from work yesterday and said look up weather.com, HUGE tropical storm came out of no where right towards Orlando, I was like "you're freaking kidding me" but noticed it was more this week and we leave Friday for WDW Saturday- now rain is on my mind. I don't mind a little rain, but a tropical storm usually brings quite a bit behind it! Awwww- Pray for me, PLEASE!!!!
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #3506
Bushman15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
Has anyone been to The Grand Floridian Spa, I've scheduled a massage for my recent visit and just wondering your overall experience?
Well, we found out a little too late about the GF Spa.... there is a full gym in the facility that is open to ALL Poly guests for free.... also a little know fact... you can help yourself to womens and gentlemens lounge where there is free coffee, tea, fresh fruit, showers, hot tub, sauna, steam room etc... all free for the taking and using if you are staying at the Poly or GF.

We requested a late check out this past friday and our Magic Express bus did not leave until 4:30pm for the airport. We had 3 hours to kill and the girls walked over to see the Wedding Chapel. Across from the chapel is the Spa... they wandered in to explore and found the place vertually empty. The gal behind he desk gave them a full tour of the facility and told them about the use free use of the facilities.

Needless to say, I checked our carry on's with the Valet and headed over. Did a walk in head, neck and back massage and enjoyed the rest of the spa for 1.5 hours before heading back to the Poly.

If I would have known of this availability, I would have been over there every day soaking my sore muscles!

I highly recommend the short walk ... you will enjoy it. Just hand the desk person your room key and have at it.

Enjoy!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #3507
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Hey everyone! The "new" continuation of the thread can be found here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2762154

Once again, if I've missed something or failed to add something you'd like added, let me know via PM. Don't post in the thread in case I miss it.

Some people have sent me photos which I have to get inserted into the thread, and they'll be coming soon.

Enjoy!

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!!!

Last edited by guitarob; 07-19-2011 at 02:56 PM.
guitarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #3508
joenan88
DIS Veteran

Trying to find the pages on this thread regarding the cabanas....can anyone tell me what pages they are on Thanks so much!!!!
(August 2011) Disney 4night Dream Cruise/ Universal Portofino
(December "Christmas 2010 )Disneyland~Grand Californian
(2010Feb) Disneyland/Universal Hollywood (2 rooms)
~(2009 August)The Wilderness Lodge (2 rooms) and The Portofino Club level @ Universal
~(2008 August) Surprised The Kiddies At The Grand Floridian Club Level for son's 8th Birthday and The Portofino Club level @ Universal
~(2007 November) The Polynesian and The Hard Rock @ Universal
~(2003 January) 1st Trip To WDW with my kids 2 rooms @ Disney All Star Movies
joenan88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: