Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #1501
hannahdrewmom
DIS Veteran

Yesterday 4 days had rain in the forecast for the first week of May. Today no rain in the forecast!!

And my water arrived via Costco! So they are still delivering! Can't wait!
hannahdrewmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #1502
Clochette nordique
DIS Veteran

Leaving tomorrow at 4pm for Buffalo. Landing in Orlando on Friday morning at 9:30! One day at POP and the Poly, here we come!

Poussière de fée!

sniff, sniff, no ticker! .... oops, just for now, since DH asked me when I would go back.........

DLParis - Août 2017 ; DCL-Magic Greece - Août 2017
WDW-POR - Novembre 2013 ; DCL-Fantasy Western Caribbean - Novembre 2013
DL-Paradise Pier - Février 2012 ; DCL-Wonder Mexican Riviera - Février 2012
WDW-Poly - Mai 2011 ; DCL-Dream Bahamas - Mai 2011
Clochette nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2011, 11:43 PM   #1503
rcsilverspring
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clochette nordique View Post
Leaving tomorrow at 4pm for Buffalo. Landing in Orlando on Friday morning at 9:30! One day at POP and the Poly, here we come!

Poussière de fée!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bon Voyage!!! I am so happy & excited for you! I will anxiously await your trip report, but will wish the time goes by slowly for you.
Sending Poussière de fée! for a magical time!

(Yes, I cut & paste--don't know the "Mac tricks" yet for adding the accents! Sorry I didn't answer sooner--we were away for Easter.)

June 1989-Polynesian, June 1991-Polynesian June 2008-FINALLY back to the Polynesian after 17 years!!!!
May 2011- headed back "home" to the Poly! Dec. 2012-Girls only trip to WL to finally see the Christmas decorations (Sorry Poly)
]
rcsilverspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:57 AM   #1504
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clochette nordique View Post

Poussière de fée!
How exciting! Don't forget to check-in with us if you can. You know, we love photos
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:26 AM   #1505
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMoo'sMom View Post
I am!!! May 31st-June 6th for my DD 6th birthday! I am soooo ready!
Yaaaay for us!! But you there 2days before us! I will be in my cabana on the third. Come say hello if you see me. I will be wearing my disdads t-shirt reading my iPad! First person to say hello gets a lapu lapu on me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexDisneyMom View Post
We wont be there until July. I can't wait, thank goodness for these boards or I would go crazy!!!
Well we will check out the poly and give you the snide scoop before you go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by packofprincesses View Post
ME! ME! ME!!!!!! We arrived in the World on May 28th. We're doing a split stay between ASMu and the Poly!! One month and ONE day! YAHOO!
See you there!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
I am not going in June... but I am going in 16 DAYS! So I thought I'd join the party!
pics!! We need pics... Make all of us on this thread jealous. Okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Shhhhh. . .so far it is still a secret (primarily because we still aren't sure we will pull off the 2nd trip with the gas prices on a huge rise), but we're booked for June 26-July 1, 2011. So far, we're still at BWI. . . pesky gas prices.
One of these days you guys will have to let us buy you a drink poolside at the Poly! Oh great and knowledgable Tess!!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
carlnix30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:43 AM   #1506
Alli76
Mouseketeer

Good morning... question for my Poly friends.... I would like to stay on the boards while at Disney (IN JUST A FEW DAYS!!!) so that I can post you all some pics/updates... I have an android phone for Verizon. Does anyone know if there is an app that would make this easier? I think I read that there is one for the Iphone - so I thought I would check.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:07 AM   #1507
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli76 View Post
Good morning... question for my Poly friends.... I would like to stay on the boards while at Disney (IN JUST A FEW DAYS!!!) so that I can post you all some pics/updates... I have an android phone for Verizon. Does anyone know if there is an app that would make this easier? I think I read that there is one for the Iphone - so I thought I would check.
Good morning!! I don't believe there is an app for disboards for the android. But since you have Verizon there is a live up to date line wait times app for when you are in the parks! It gives you wait times in real time while you are at the parks. It's called "mobile magic" you sign up for it on the Disney website. Last I heard it costs $9.99 and it is only for the month you are going.
Kind of wish they offered it for AT&T but noooo...
I am sure you are aware.. But watch out for data usage on their network

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
carlnix30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #1508
tsme
DIS Veteran

We have 136 days until going "home" to Poly. I so enjoying reading everyone's posts & seeing pics. It makes the waiting a little more bareable.
tsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #1509
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli76 View Post
I use Ride Hopper Lite on my VZ Droid2 and have to say it's pretty fab - and FREE! It works for any theme park in the country, but I have only tried it at WDW so far. It's reliant on user input for wait times so for the first hour or so in the parks it only uses estimates, but once the parks start picking up it's been dead on for the 2 trips we've relied on it for.

As pathetic as this seems, I often find myself at home checking wait times. Like this board gives me the Poly fix, my app gives me the ride fix!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #1510
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

I will definitely post pics from my trip in TWO WEEKS! I don't know if I will be able to do it while I am there but if I can I will... if not I will be sure to post pics when I return!
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #1511
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Does anyone know when the booking window opens for cabana rentals? Is it 180 days or less? We have a request in with IPO and today would be our 180 day mark for the date we want the cabana. I haven't heard from IPO & I don't want to bug them (again!).

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #1512
Bolebrothers
Earning My Ears

Live from the Poly

Hi everyone, we have now been here for 4 days and have 10 to go. If you are coming as a first timer, (like us) be prepared to be awed, it is sensory overload
how beautiful this place is. We are in Hawaii ground floor, and we go to sleep and wake up everyday looking straight at the castle, how can it be any better!
The only drawback must be that any other resort after this must seem a downgrade. We have visited several other deluxes the past days, and although they all are beautiful, the Poly hit us straight away, it just feels like nothing we have ever tried before.

And as for the Quiet pool, the opening has now been pushed to May 7th but it looks like there is still a lot of work to do, so I will be surprised if they actually finish on the 7th. The CL cast members here did not have to much faith in it opening on that day.....

Also no rain, but the heat is way up there, at least to us northerners, when it is 92-95 degrees we think it is a tad bit hot, can not imagine what summer must be like.....

Everyone here is so friendly, not met a cast member yet that is not pleasant to us. Kona was god for food, Ohana dinner, not so much to our liking, but being jet lagged and tired when we went and with the noise level in there, it just was a little to much. The food was just OK, plenty, but one would need to be a carnivore to fancy that much meat, and the speed they fed us, and presented the bill on felt like we where being hurried, but it was an ok experience. Breakfast on the other hand at Ohana was absolutely brilliant, very good food nice interaction with the characters and not hurried at all.

I gues we have an issue with noise... as our dinner at Narcossees´s was almost unbearable noisy... But the food was excellent.

As soon as I have some pictures uploaded iI will try to post some.

For those of you that are coming in the near future, it is okay to be exited, it is stunning.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #1513
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolebrothers View Post
Hi everyone, we have now been here for 4 days and have 10 to go. If you are coming as a first timer, (like us) be prepared to be awed, it is sensory overload
how beautiful this place is. We are in Hawaii ground floor, and we go to sleep and wake up everyday looking straight at the castle, how can it be any better!
The only drawback must be that any other resort after this must seem a downgrade. We have visited several other deluxes the past days, and although they all are beautiful, the Poly hit us straight away, it just feels like nothing we have ever tried before.

And as for the Quiet pool, the opening has now been pushed to May 7th but it looks like there is still a lot of work to do, so I will be surprised if they actually finish on the 7th. The CL cast members here did not have to much faith in it opening on that day.....

Also no rain, but the heat is way up there, at least to us northerners, when it is 92-95 degrees we think it is a tad bit hot, can not imagine what summer must be like.....

Everyone here is so friendly, not met a cast member yet that is not pleasant to us. Kona was god for food, Ohana dinner, not so much to our liking, but being jet lagged and tired when we went and with the noise level in there, it just was a little to much. The food was just OK, plenty, but one would need to be a carnivore to fancy that much meat, and the speed they fed us, and presented the bill on felt like we where being hurried, but it was an ok experience. Breakfast on the other hand at Ohana was absolutely brilliant, very good food nice interaction with the characters and not hurried at all.

I gues we have an issue with noise... as our dinner at Narcossees´s was almost unbearable noisy... But the food was excellent.

For those of you that are coming in the near future, it is okay to be exited, it is stunning.
Nice to hear you are enjoying your stay and the Polynesian! Don't let the restaurant servers rush you through your meals--of course they want to turn the tables over, but take your time and enjoy your dining experiences! I'm looking forward to some new pictures!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #1514
Carol17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolebrothers View Post

Thank you for the update. We will be there in 3 days. I am very disapointed that the quiet pool won't be open. I have no desire to swim with the crowds in the Volcano pool. Oh well, one less thing to pack in my already overflowing suitcase!
Yacht Club Trip Report 2009
January 2010-Birthday Trip-The Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn January 2010 Trip Report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2512974
Carol17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #1515
MIMomof2
Earning My Ears

Life Jackets and Water Delivery Questions

We're arriving at Poly CL in 15 days and I had two questions:

1) 5 yo DD is 46". Would you recommend that we bring life jacket for her for the volcano pool, or is that not really necessary?

2) Even though we'll be staying on the CL, would you recommend bottled water delivery? I'm an Amazon Prime member, so was thinking of getting water shipped there, but didn't know whether water would be readily available in CL. From what I've read, only water in large glass bottles are provided, which wouldn't be much use for us as we want to bring water to the parks (and don't plan on refillable water bottles).

TIA!
MIMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: