Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #136
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by autismmom1 View Post
Thanks for the opinions on my bell services question! I can't quite figure out how to "quote" more than one response on the same quick reply and I have searched the "newbies" information post with no luck....but I just wanted to say I appreciate you guys and love the fact that the Dis board posters are so willing to help with even the smallest questions. You guys are awesome!
Click the circled button (located near the bottom of the post) on each post you would like to quote, then click "Post Reply" at the bottom of the page.

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!!!
guitarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #137
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky5 View Post
1) We are staying club level this time - but our plane will not arrive at the airport until 9:45 p.m. and club level check in ceases at 10 p.m. What does this mean exactly? Will we check-in as we have in the past in the GCH? I don't anticipate we will arrive until close to 11 p.m.
Yes in this case (or anyone staying CL arriving after 10pm) you check in at the GCH. Ceases at 10pm just means that the CL staff goes home for the evening and are unable to take care of checking you in in the Hawaii building. The lounge also closes at 10pm meaning they bring in the desserts and cordials, but there will still be some fresh fruit, and sodas, and a little bit of water (those could end up empty though). So if there is anything you really want before bed you may want to hit CC's while your in the GCH.

Quote:
2) Those who have stayed club level - what are your thoughts about giving over the ADR's to be made to the IPO? Do you feel comfortable letting the IPO make them on your behalf or do you prefer to still make them yourselves? In what planning aspects of your trip do you commonly utilize the IPO's assistance?
I'm a control freak so make my ADR's myself, mostly because I am indecisive and change them a lot until we get closer to our date. I would feel horrible having the IPO switch them up constantly, so I just email them once I've settled into our plan. We did have the IPO help us though this past trip when we got postponed due to a blizzard. We emailed and thy took care of canceling everything we would be missing (our trip was delayed a few days). It was fabulous having them worry about that than me finagling yet another set of calls. I use the IPO's when there for changing up ressies , we've had them book us appts at Harmony barber shop, they have called to check on ride statuses (TSMM was coming out of refurb and was delayed, we wanted to go the day it finally opened), we've had them check if certain characters would be appearing that my dd was obsessed with meeting and provide us with the info... so we get some help from them.

Many on here have had great luck with the IPO and ADRs.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #138
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Quote:
2) Those who have stayed club level - what are your thoughts about giving over the ADR's to be made to the IPO? Do you feel comfortable letting the IPO make them on your behalf or do you prefer to still make them yourselves? In what planning aspects of your trip do you commonly utilize the IPO's assistance?
Because I actually love to make the call myself and "talk to Disney World", (and, possibly because, I am a little bit of a control freak when it comes to such things) I never give my ADR's over to the IPO unless there's something that I can't get on my own. Every once in a while they come through for me.

I also use the Concierge at the Polynesian as a last ditch effort, which has worked twice, and failed many more times for those hard to get reservations (e.g., 'Ohana).

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #139
shocky5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneechic View Post
Yes in this case (or anyone staying CL arriving after 10pm) you check in at the GCH. The lounge also closes at 10pm meaning they bring in the desserts and cordials, but there will still be some fresh fruit, and sodas, and a little bit of water (those could end up empty though). So if there is anything you really want before bed you may want to hit CC's while your in the GCH.

I'm a control freak so make my ADR's myself, mostly because I am indecisive and change them a lot until we get closer to our date. I would feel horrible having the IPO switch them up constantly, so I just email them once I've settled into our plan. We did have the IPO help us though this past trip when we got postponed due to a blizzard. We emailed and thy took care of canceling everything we would be missing (our trip was delayed a few days). Many on here have had great luck with the IPO and ADRs.
Great information!! Thank you! I am also a control freak and I 'unshamefully' admit that I get up at the crack of dawn to make ADR's on THE day they can be made. I would want the IPO to do the same. And by no means would I be upset if I couldn't get exactly what I had pre-planned out - it almost never works that way for me so I'm just torn on this portion of it. I wonder if they can work magic that I couldn't when making ADR's... Oh well... plenty of time to ponder that question. I would love to hear other's opinions, also!

Thanks so much!

The Last of the OCD Type A Planners to get her TR started - December 2011 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post43707322

Feb'15*PHM*AKL*May'14*AOA Vacation*Dec'11*Poly Xmas*May'09*Poly Vacation*June'07*Poly Vacation*Feb'89*MK-EP*offsite*June'88*Disneyland*offsite*February'88* EP*offsite
shocky5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #140
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great information!! Thank you! I am also a control freak and I 'unshamefully' admit that I get up at the crack of dawn to make ADR's on THE day they can be made. I would want the IPO to do the same. And by no means would I be upset if I couldn't get exactly what I had pre-planned out - it almost never works that way for me so I'm just torn on this portion of it. I wonder if they can work magic that I couldn't when making ADR's... Oh well... plenty of time to ponder that question. I would love to hear other's opinions, also!

Thanks so much!
Ok here's the control freak in me talking...
You could give them the list of what you wanted as well as go ahead and book them yourself online. Then cancel the ones not needed as soon as you hear from them. That way if they can work some IPO magic and you miss what you want your covered, and you still get to go through the routine of booking so you KNOW your set and happy with what you got until you hear back and have to decide.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #141
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Great job guitarob!!!! I am all caught up!!! I'm tired of looking at snow and talking about snow...so this was a nice break.
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

1971DBday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #142
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Great job guitarob!!!! I am all caught up!!! I'm tired of looking at snow and talking about snow...so this was a nice break.
Thank you! I'm getting tired of the snow myself. We may just get rid of most of it this week!!!

Old 02-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #143
oceangirl
Mouseketeer

Cabana Rentals?

I don't know if this has already been addressed elsewhere, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how much it costs to rent a Volcano pool cabana for a half or full day?
Old 02-10-2011, 07:22 PM   #144
mkbmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneechic View Post

It would be fabulous if you could but it's probably better for all of our waistlines that you couldn't.
Thanks dizneechic! That is what we thought about heading to the beach that it depended upon the season. As for the dole whips being refillable, I agree with you that it is better for them to tell my hubby NO for the sakes of our waistlines.

(me) (DH) :hyper2 (DD11) rincessrincess: (twin DD's 7)
mkbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #145
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangirl View Post
I don't know if this has already been addressed elsewhere, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how much it costs to rent a Volcano pool cabana for a half or full day?
Last I heard it is $100 for a half day or $185 for a full day. The time you will occupy the cabana is from 10 AM -2 PM, or 3 PM-7 PM for half day rentals and 10 AM -7 PM for full day.

These will be for Polynesian guests only and can be reserved up to 180 days out by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.

They include...
Two padded chaise lounge chairs and love seat
4 chairs with two foot rests
Plush towels
22 inch LCD television with cable access and optional earphones
DVD/CD/MP3 player
Phone for internal resorts calls
Oscillating Fan
Mini refrigerator stocked with complementary sodas and water
Complementary fruit basket
Private dining and poolside massages are available for an additional cost
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

BreezysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #146
Trinityloo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
Last I heard it is $100 for a half day or $185 for a full day. The time you will occupy the cabana is from 10 AM -2 PM, or 3 PM-7 PM for half day rentals and 10 AM -7 PM for full day.

These will be for Polynesian guests only and can be reserved up to 180 days out by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.

They include...
Two padded chaise lounge chairs and love seat
4 chairs with two foot rests
Plush towels
22 inch LCD television with cable access and optional earphones
DVD/CD/MP3 player
Phone for internal resorts calls
Oscillating Fan
Mini refrigerator stocked with complementary sodas and water
Complementary fruit basket
Private dining and poolside massages are available for an additional cost
Wow! That sounds amazing! Does anyone have any pictures of the cabanas? We will be at the Polynesian in just over 2 weeks; I guess it would be toolate to rent one of these at this point?
Trinityloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #147
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinityloo View Post
Wow! That sounds amazing! Does anyone have any pictures of the cabanas? We will be at the Polynesian in just over 2 weeks; I guess it would be toolate to rent one of these at this point?
Everything I try to link to seems to be blocked by the powers that be. Soooo... if you were to Google for "disney polynesian cabana" without the quotes, the first few sites have great photos.

If anyone going soon could get us our own photos to use on the thread, that would be awesome! I'm very weary about grabbing photos from other sites to use.

I have added BreezysMom's information to the main FAQ for future reference.

Last edited by guitarob; 02-10-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #148
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo cabanas

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV

Last edited by carlnix30; 02-11-2011 at 06:34 AM.
carlnix30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #149
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyndianPrincessJes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
Op, what a gorgeous thread!

My family is Native Hawaiian and I am seriously contemplating switching from 2nt cabins to Poly GV CL for our upcoming stay. DH and I are paying for it so the cost *freaks* me out, but it's my parents 40th. They havent been home to HI in nearly 20 years.

We've been to the resort on 3 separate occasions to dine and have never walked out past the lobby. Will my Hawaiian born parents be happy with this resort? I know it's supposed to represent the "Polynesian" islands, not just HI (Fiji, huh? ). We will prob not do the Luau since we've grown up with the real deal.

What say ye, Poly lovers?!?
I would say that Hawaii is actually very modern with a culture built in. The poly is set in the days of old Hawaii. They could find it charming or they could find it demeaning their culture. I would maybe present it to them.. Like you are thinking about the Poly for you and your family. Since they have all this hawaiian experience they could give you some advice about the resort.
I am Samoan, and my family has lived in Samoa and Hawaii, and we LOVE the Poly!! Of course it's a little kitschy, but, hey, it's Disney! I am also half Native, and our family really enjoys the decor of WL and don't find any of it to be demeaning. The only thing that I think I'll avoid with them is Hoop Dee Doo, as I ran across the "Indian Brave" skit on YouTube...definitely offensive. Take a look at Tikiman's site...it does a pretty good job of representing the resort.
Thank you both for your responses!

PolyndianPrincessJes; Kitschy. That's the perfect word. My dad is the one I'm afraid of saying "Eh brah, what kine place we at?" He's in his 60's and old school.

Also, I forgot about the HDDR skit depicting NAI and completely understand your concern there. I wont take my parents to the Luau, however, plan to take them to Ohana. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they think the food is o-n-o-licious.

DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Savannah * POFQ * POR

Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:17 AM   #150
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

*Sits down, smiles, waves*

Jen & Rob's Not-So-Scary Deluxe Dining Report

1988 - First Visit, September 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Polynesian, December 2012 - Christmas at the Polynesian
TheNewMrsB is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: