Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #16
irishwishes
Mouseketeer

Your dress is beautiful and congrats on getting your Disney wedding! I'm getting married in Epcot in June and I'm excited to see another Epcot bride We're also having a brunch reception but ours is at the LSS...Mickey waffles included!!

I can relate to the whole family thing and going back and forth about having a Disney wedding instead of a local one. We almost chickened out when we were signing the contract but we knew this was what we wanted. We didn't want to have any regrets the day of our wedding and I think if we were getting married locally I would have been wishing to be in Disney on my wedding day. We talked a lot about it and came to the conclusion that the people that are upset about the wedding being in Disney aren't crying about not seeing us exchange our vows...they're upset about missing the party. Breaking down the cost of a wedding it was going to be either spending the same amount or more on a huge wedding at home or getting our dream and having a small wedding in Disney. So of course Disney it is!!!

Congrats again!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #17
Princess SarahK
DIS Veteran

Hi Brittany!!

First, yay for getting your Disney wedding! We went back and forth for almost a YEAR between an at home wedding, Disney wedding, or true destination(caribbean) wedding. In the end obviously Disney won. I do not want to have any regrets about my day or have any resentment towards anyone who may have swayed me away from my dreams. So good for you for getting your dreams!!

I LOOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEE your gown. Stunning, gorgeous, everything a wedding gown should be..seriously I am in love with it!! Great choice!

Im in Houston too! (Well, Katy really but same thing I guess) What part of town are you in? Or are you in Austin? Im a little confused.

Cant wait to read more!

Princess SarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #18
Groom Mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrittany View Post
My coordinator, Pam Pearce, called back on that next Tuesday. I was at work though so I couldn't answer.
I had Pam as our coordinator and she was great to work with. Working with her was a great way to start our wedding planning.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:40 PM   #19
DisneyBrittany
Mouseketeer

IrishWishes: Your post just made me feel so much better. Thanks so much for your advice! We were just debating AGAIN whether or not this is the right thing. My Mom will be happy in one moment and then suggest an at home wedding in the next breath. It's frustrating! It's also hard when everyone's first reaction is "but what if extended family can't come?" I love them and I would love for them to be there but I agree with you, I don't want to be wishing that I was at Disney on my wedding day.

Princess Sarah K: I'm glad to know that other people struggled with these decisions as well! I know I'm going to be really struggling until I sign the contract and then I will probably be hoping I didn't hurt anyone's feelings until long after the wedding. I hate being such a people pleaser! I am living in Houston and have been for about a year and a half. I am originally from Austin and that's where my family still lives. I went to Austin to go dress shopping so my Mom and I could share that experience together It will be the one thing I drive to Austin for to have mother/daughter time for the fittings etc. Yay another Disney bride in Houston!! I'm so excited!!
Old 02-07-2011, 03:39 AM   #20
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Gorgeous dress!! I love your location choices too! I think the Summer House is a great choice!! Cant wait to follow along in your planning!

KitKat5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #21
bambi0921
Livin' La Vida Disney

I'm so excited to follow along with your PJ! And I am so glad to know that other brides struggle with the Disney vs. at-home wedding dilemma too! DF and I are still going back and forth on this and I want it to be Disney so much! It really is hard to just committ to making it your day and making it what you want, even though it shouldn't be hard at all. Luckily Disboards is around to encourage us all!
bambi0921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #22
DisneyBrittany
Mouseketeer

I emailed our coordinator and officially changed the reception from California Grill to the Summer House. It just seems more "us". I've never actually been there though, so I hope I'm making the right choice! It seems pretty from the pictures.

We are struggling to set our room blocks. It's hard to guess who might be coming! Ryan really wants to stay at Caribbean beach because of the Pirate themed rooms So I guess that's on the list and we should probably choose a value as well. I'm debating whether to choose another moderate or a deluxe. I'm thinking most will be staying in a moderate. From the pictures I like the Coronado Springs Resort. Any suggestions?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #23
Princess SarahK
DIS Veteran

I like all of the moderates to be honest, BUT my absolute favorite is Port Orleans-Riverside. Its themed as an Antebellum estate in Louisiana with mansions and gorgeous trees, landscaping, and all that fun stuff. I really really love it. Its calm and relaxing and just gorgeous!! Heres a link to an unofficial page, that has tons of photos and stuff. Hope this helps!

Princess SarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #24
DisneyBrittany
Mouseketeer

Shoes!

I need help choosing shoes! Here are my two favorites so far. I will be having them dyed hot pink.

Which ones do you like better?

Here is a picture of my dress:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #25
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

I like the first ones
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #26
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

i like the first ones!! i just read thru and i think your dress is just stunning!!! we originally were using the napa room at the california grill, but it wasn't fitting for our families so we changed to the summerhouse! i absolutely love it there!! ((i have lots of pictures of it too if you need them!)) since then we've kicked our family and friends out and are going alone... but we were between the 2 venues just like you! i think you'll really enjoy it. so pretty!!

i like the first shoes!!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #27
DisneyBrittany
Mouseketeer

LuvLuvLuv- Yes, please send me pictures of it!!! I have never been there and only have the standard couple of pictures that you can see on the website. (PS.- I also love that you two are going it alone, I wish I could do that sometimes! It would be so much less stressful!)
Old 05-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #28
paigeturner
Earning My Ears

I love the first pair of shoes...they're more sparkly!!
paigeturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:37 PM   #29
belle2211
DIS Veteran

I like the first pair better!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:35 AM   #30
irishwishes
Mouseketeer

I like the first pair!!

Tags
beginning, italy, planning, start