Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #106
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer
 
mtgirl29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MO - USA
Posts: 445

Your Animal Kingdom plans sound fabulous. I did get DD on EE in 2005, it scared the you know what out of her.....so I don't think I will be able to get her on this year.
I think AK is definitely the hottest park. Did you find this to be the case on your last visit. Keep us posted on the Flaming Tree. Is this the place with the pulled pork?? We may have to give it a try. I think we are going to Rainforest Cafe on our AK visit, but maybe Flaming Tree for a snack.....
Great job on your weight loss or I mean release.....
__________________
mtgirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #107
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgirl29 View Post
Your Animal Kingdom plans sound fabulous. I did get DD on EE in 2005, it scared the you know what out of her.....so I don't think I will be able to get her on this year.
I think AK is definitely the hottest park. Did you find this to be the case on your last visit. Keep us posted on the Flaming Tree. Is this the place with the pulled pork?? We may have to give it a try. I think we are going to Rainforest Cafe on our AK visit, but maybe Flaming Tree for a snack.....
Great job on your weight loss or I mean release.....
I definatly found that Animal Kingdom was the hottest park. I don't know why, maybe because of all the trees blocking the breeze. May have to do the rapids to cool off.

I have some good thing on other PTR's and in the Unofficial Disney Guide about flame tree. I believe it does have the pulled pork. There I am getting hungry again. Some how your are going to be my DISfriend who gets me thinking about food.

We have a Rainforest Cafe at the mall by my house (actually pass it several times during my walks) so I can't see spending money on something that I can do at home. Plus here they have 2.99 kid meals on Wednesdays. Last time we went about a year ago, the kids were scared when the sounds of the thunder storm came over the speakers, also when the animitronic gorilla's came to life. I love there coconut shrimp.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #108
Perrinsmommy
Mouseketeer
 
Perrinsmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I definatly found that Animal Kingdom was the hottest park. I don't know why, maybe because of all the trees blocking the breeze. May have to do the rapids to cool off.

I have some good thing on other PTR's and in the Unofficial Disney Guide about flame tree. I believe it does have the pulled pork. There I am getting hungry again. Some how your are going to be my DISfriend who gets me thinking about food.

We have a Rainforest Cafe at the mall by my house (actually pass it several times during my walks) so I can't see spending money on something that I can do at home. Plus here they have 2.99 kid meals on Wednesdays. Last time we went about a year ago, the kids were scared when the sounds of the thunder storm came over the speakers, also when the animitronic gorilla's came to life. I love there coconut shrimp.
I agree with you about Rainforest Cafe. I was looking at where to eat and I think we agreed on T Rex in Downtown Disney. We have a Rainforest Cafe in San Antonio so we said that we weren't spending that much at Disney
Perrinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #109
Lidian
DIS Veteran
 
Lidian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 3,299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I definatly found that Animal Kingdom was the hottest park. I don't know why, maybe because of all the trees blocking the breeze. May have to do the rapids to cool off.

I have some good thing on other PTR's and in the Unofficial Disney Guide about flame tree. I believe it does have the pulled pork. There I am getting hungry again. Some how your are going to be my DISfriend who gets me thinking about food.

We have a Rainforest Cafe at the mall by my house (actually pass it several times during my walks) so I can't see spending money on something that I can do at home. Plus here they have 2.99 kid meals on Wednesdays. Last time we went about a year ago, the kids were scared when the sounds of the thunder storm came over the speakers, also when the animitronic gorilla's came to life. I love there coconut shrimp.
Mmmmm coconut shrimp! Now I'm drooling.

I agree that AK feels like its the hottest park - I think it might be more humid.

The pulled pork is soo yummy! I had it last year and will have it again on 5/24.

Major grats on releasing weight! Just so long as it doesn't head this way, I'll be happy for you.
__________________
Me DH DD12 DS8 DS1 Stormy
2009 - June 6 - 11 @ AS Movies ~*~*~ 2010 - April 24 - May 1 @ CBR Pirate ~*~*~ 2011 - May 22 - 27 @ CSR & 28-29 offsite ~*~*~ 2012 - March 3 - 9 @ CBR ~*~*~ 2014 - October 1-11 @ POP

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)


Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:02 AM   #110
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran
 
tinytreasures's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,696

My kids love the rainforest cafe. We go every yr for Christmas and celebrate everyone birthdays that yr.

Thinking of you today

tinytreasures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #111
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

I really enjoy the Rainforest Cafe also, though I have not gone in a while. Maybe next Wednesday when kids eat for 2.99. That coconut shrimp is calling my name.

Watching Tangled right now. Got it from the Disney Store as a preorder. I love this movie.

Todays been crazy. Took Rylan to the Doctor who says that when the baby was in the hospital his bain pathways were large and that is what is causing the problems. There is nothing they can do but it should improve with therepy but they want to do a MRI just to make sure this still the case. If it isn't the case we will do some more test for other things, but he believes we are on the right page. So that is some good news but not yet definate.

I also got a strange call from my broher a couple of days ago. He wanted to take me to dinner because he wanted to ask me a favor that he couldn't ask me over the phone. I've been stressing over it for a couple of days but today was the dinner. It turns out that he is going in for a meeting with the doctor on thursday to see if he is a good transplant canadite. He is Diabetic so it would be for his pancrease and his kidneys because they are running at 40% efficentcy(sp?) They are hoping for both from the same donor but if he needs the kidney before the pancrease is available he wanted to know if I was willing to be tested. He's my brother so of course I said yes though am hoping that it won't come to it.

Thanks for hearing my rant, hopefully some more Disney planning tomarrow.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #112
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran
 
tinytreasures's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,696

I hope therapy helps. I know that is why all my kids are as far as they are today.
Prayers for your brother
tinytreasures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:57 PM   #113
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytreasures View Post
I hope therapy helps. I know that is why all my kids are as far as they are today.
Prayers for your brother
Thank you We meet with the therapist next Wed so I hope everything works out.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #114
Lidian
DIS Veteran
 
Lidian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 3,299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I really enjoy the Rainforest Cafe also, though I have not gone in a while. Maybe next Wednesday when kids eat for 2.99. That coconut shrimp is calling my name.

Watching Tangled right now. Got it from the Disney Store as a preorder. I love this movie.

Todays been crazy. Took Rylan to the Doctor who says that when the baby was in the hospital his bain pathways were large and that is what is causing the problems. There is nothing they can do but it should improve with therepy but they want to do a MRI just to make sure this still the case. If it isn't the case we will do some more test for other things, but he believes we are on the right page. So that is some good news but not yet definate.

I also got a strange call from my broher a couple of days ago. He wanted to take me to dinner because he wanted to ask me a favor that he couldn't ask me over the phone. I've been stressing over it for a couple of days but today was the dinner. It turns out that he is going in for a meeting with the doctor on thursday to see if he is a good transplant canadite. He is Diabetic so it would be for his pancrease and his kidneys because they are running at 40% efficentcy(sp?) They are hoping for both from the same donor but if he needs the kidney before the pancrease is available he wanted to know if I was willing to be tested. He's my brother so of course I said yes though am hoping that it won't come to it.

Thanks for hearing my rant, hopefully some more Disney planning tomarrow.
Savor that coconut shrimp for me! We don't have a location nearby.

You guys are still in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated on Rylan and your brother! I hope the therapy helps!
__________________
Me DH DD12 DS8 DS1 Stormy
2009 - June 6 - 11 @ AS Movies ~*~*~ 2010 - April 24 - May 1 @ CBR Pirate ~*~*~ 2011 - May 22 - 27 @ CSR & 28-29 offsite ~*~*~ 2012 - March 3 - 9 @ CBR ~*~*~ 2014 - October 1-11 @ POP

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)


Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #115
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Savor that coconut shrimp for me! We don't have a location nearby.

You guys are still in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated on Rylan and your brother! I hope the therapy helps!
Thank you, I will definatly keep everyone updated.

Sorry you don't have a RC nearby, I am very lucky to have one at the Gurnee Mills by our house. They used to have live parrots there, but they stoped that a few years ago. My kids love to look at the animatronic snake and aligator outside of the resteraunt. Maybe I'll take some pics tomarrow to show everyone what it looks like. I will also happily take a pic of the coconut shrimp for you. It is never to early to start some food porn right.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #116
Lidian
DIS Veteran
 
Lidian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 3,299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Thank you, I will definatly keep everyone updated.

Sorry you don't have a RC nearby, I am very lucky to have one at the Gurnee Mills by our house. They used to have live parrots there, but they stoped that a few years ago. My kids love to look at the animatronic snake and aligator outside of the resteraunt. Maybe I'll take some pics tomarrow to show everyone what it looks like. I will also happily take a pic of the coconut shrimp for you. It is never to early to start some food porn right.
Oh, I'd love to see pics!!! The only RFC experience I have is the one at DTD. And I'm very sad it's not on the DDP. Every year I check, just in case it was added.

The only downside to our RFC experience was that the animatronics and thunderstorms terrified DS (he was 3 at the time), so he hid in my lap for the whole meal and refused to eat. It didn't help that we were seated at the elephants.
__________________
Me DH DD12 DS8 DS1 Stormy
2009 - June 6 - 11 @ AS Movies ~*~*~ 2010 - April 24 - May 1 @ CBR Pirate ~*~*~ 2011 - May 22 - 27 @ CSR & 28-29 offsite ~*~*~ 2012 - March 3 - 9 @ CBR ~*~*~ 2014 - October 1-11 @ POP

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)


Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #117
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Oh, I'd love to see pics!!! The only RFC experience I have is the one at DTD. And I'm very sad it's not on the DDP. Every year I check, just in case it was added.

The only downside to our RFC experience was that the animatronics and thunderstorms terrified DS (he was 3 at the time), so he hid in my lap for the whole meal and refused to eat. It didn't help that we were seated at the elephants.
Liam was still freaking out during the rainstorms when he was 6 years old, but than again he still hates thunderstorms and is almost 9. And then those gorilla's stared moving, he would have crawled inside of me if he could.

I'll try to remember to take some pics for you tomarrow of RFC. The shrimp will have to wait until probably next week. I'd go tomarrow if I had some money, I'm getting hungry.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:53 AM   #118
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran
 
Tink-erin-belle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,120

I read your whole PTR and I love your plans so far! Your kids are absolutely adorable, and I think it is a wonderful idea to take them to WDW individually for their birthdays! What a special treat I also just LOVE the pictures of your daughter with Belle! What a great interaction for her on that trip! Those were very sweet pictures. Oh, and I am totally jealous of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow now that I've seen the picture. So cool! Well, It looks like you and Liam are going to have a wonderful time!
__________________
Erin - 41 - Single Mom of: DS - 15 and DD - 11

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #119
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
I read your whole PTR and I love your plans so far! Your kids are absolutely adorable, and I think it is a wonderful idea to take them to WDW individually for their birthdays! What a special treat I also just LOVE the pictures of your daughter with Belle! What a great interaction for her on that trip! Those were very sweet pictures. Oh, and I am totally jealous of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow now that I've seen the picture. So cool! Well, It looks like you and Liam are going to have a wonderful time!
Glad to have you on board, now the party can really begin. (I knew the lure of a pic with Johnny Depp would get you over here)

Now that I have everyone's attention I have a very important question to ask. It's about food.

I started thinking that since we will probably be leaving DAK before closing that it would be a perfect time to go to DTD. We have never been there and want to check out some of the stores (Liam loves lego's). First of all is there a bus that takes you from DAK to DTD or do you have to take a bus to a resort and than to DTD? If that is the case what resort should we go to?

Now that that question is out of the way lets get to the food!!! At first I was thinking about T-Rex but there are no dinner reservations open, I will keep checking on it but am not counting on it. So that leaves me two options that I am looking at. First of all there is Earl of Sandwich. Looks good and a lot of great comments but it is lower priced for a dinner and being on the QSDP I am trying to get the best bang for my buck. Second is Wolfgang Puck Express. Food looks great, great comments but I am confused that it is listed on the pamphlet for QSDP but say it is not accepting DP in the DISboards? Help!!!!!
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #120
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran
 
Tink-erin-belle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,120

Oh yeah, Johnny Depp could lure me just about anywhere As far as T-Rex, did you try calling the restaurant directly? When I was planning my other trip, I tried to get a last minute ADR at T-Rex on the online booking system and nothing was available. Then I called the restaurant directly and they had plenty of availability! If you tried that already, I would say my next choice for dinner would be Earl of Sandwich. I've heard so many good things about that place
__________________
Erin - 41 - Single Mom of: DS - 15 and DD - 11

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.