Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #151
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

I am happy to announce that after being on the phone for about 20 minutes (it took a little longer because of my promo code was older) I have officially changed our dinning plan from QSDP to DDP. At first I was a bit worried (but not to much because it was only $5) that I had did the math wrong and the Plan was going to be more than I thought. It actually came out to be $5 cheaper.

I am so excited. CP here we come!!!!
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #152
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I am happy to announce that after being on the phone for about 20 minutes (it took a little longer because of my promo code was older) I have officially changed our dinning plan from QSDP to DDP. At first I was a bit worried (but not to much because it was only $5) that I had did the math wrong and the Plan was going to be more than I thought. It actually came out to be $5 cheaper.

Major grats!! Did you get all the ADRs you wanted? Fingers are crossed!!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #153
Corrine 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Major grats!! Did you get all the ADRs you wanted? Fingers are crossed!!
I did!!!

After looking at some revues I decided to change Via Napoli to Coral Reef for lunch. We are already eating at Mama Melrose and Pizza Planet so I decided another italian resturaunte was not needed. I am also looking foward to Coral Reef's fish tanks and hoping we get some good food. Revues there seem to vary.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #154
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did!!!

After looking at some revues I decided to change Via Napoli to Coral Reef for lunch. We are already eating at Mama Melrose and Pizza Planet so I decided another italian resturaunte was not needed. I am also looking foward to Coral Reef's fish tanks and hoping we get some good food. Revues there seem to vary.
Hooray! Glad to hear you got everything you wanted, and that you made the change! Can't wait to hear your food reviews!!!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #155
britt_ji
Mouseketeer

Quote:

YAY! Glad you got everything sorted out. I'm sure your DS will come around to the character meal and enjoy Crystal Palace.
With Boma, did you plan to leave the park and then go back after...or go there first? Just wondering what your plan was...

May 29 - June 3 @ Port Orleans-Riverside
College Graduation/Birthday/First Trip (we all have something to celebrate!)
My First Pre-Trip Report
britt_ji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #156
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:

That is a MAJOR reason to celebrate! Congrats!!!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #157
Corrine 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by britt_ji View Post
YAY! Glad you got everything sorted out. I'm sure your DS will come around to the character meal and enjoy Crystal Palace.
With Boma, did you plan to leave the park and then go back after...or go there first? Just wondering what your plan was...
We are planning on hanging out at the resort for awhile (swimming in the pool) and than head over to Boma. We will than head over to MK. Should be just in time to start staking out a a place for the parade. If it is to early we might take a trip on the WDWRR first.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #158
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

I am loving your countdown calendar! I'm definitely going to do that. I also really liked the shirts you got the kids. Your t-shirt is really pretty and art-sy. LOVE it and the fact that it's DIS green You're lucky to have an RFC by you. The one near us closed years ago and I never got to take my daughter and I don't think my son remembers going. I loved their food! Again, that '13 trip you have with Mia is a great idea, and you are definitely in good company here on the boards with planning trips way in advance It's also great that you tied it into the Fantasyland expansion so that she feels like the trip is even more special It's nice that she's so into planning the trip with you As far as this trip, woo hoo for upgrading to DDP and getting all of those great ADRs! As soon as I read "Boma", I thought "Zebra Domes"! They look yummy and I really want to try one! Your ADRs actually made me hungry!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:50 PM   #159
Corrine 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
I am loving your countdown calendar! I'm definitely going to do that.Thanks Erin, it was really easy to do and all it cost me was the cost of the poster board and some stickers to put on the mickey head paint chips. I also really liked the shirts you got the kids. Your t-shirt is really pretty and art-sy. LOVE it and the fact that it's DIS green I didn't even think of the color until I got it home and took the picture. I guess it was just fate.You're lucky to have an RFC by you. The one near us closed years ago and I never got to take my daughter and I don't think my son remembers going. I loved their food!I am so sorry that the RFC by you closed down. Hopefully she'll be able to go sometime at AK or DTD. I was just looking at the pics in Birnbaum book and saw pics of Maccaws. Ours used to have Maccaws but they stopped that years ago. I actually had a friend who did the shows there. Oh well if I want to see birds I'll just go to my moms. She shas over 11. Again, that '13 trip you have with Mia is a great idea, and you are definitely in good company here on the boards with planning trips way in advance It's also great that you tied it into the Fantasyland expansion so that she feels like the trip is even more special It's nice that she's so into planning the trip with you The funny thing is that I started planning the trip before I even learned about the expansion. At first when I decided to take Liam for his birthday I knew I would have to take everyone in turn. (I know twist my arm right.) So I figure 2011- Liam, 2013- Mia, 2015- Aidan, 2017- family trip, and 2019- Rylan. I had already booked the trip when I learned about SWW. And when I was researching this trip I learned about the expansion. Like I said fate. As far as this trip, woo hoo for upgrading to DDP and getting all of those great ADRs! As soon as I read "Boma", I thought "Zebra Domes"! They look yummy and I really want to try one! Your ADRs actually made me hungry!
That was one of the things I was thinking of when I booked Boma. Zebra Domes. Alright, it wasn't the main thing I was think about, but it sure didn't hurt. I am so glad to have changed to the DP. Now I don't have to wait till 2013 to try some of the resteraunts I have been hearing about.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:48 PM   #160
Becc1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I wanted to acdcomplish a few things with this update
so please bare with me.

First of all I wanted to post a picture of our Countdown Calander.

Liam helped me glue all the paint chips on and is very proud of it
We are putting Disney stickers on it so we don't have any blank spots
I actually missed a date,
But if I don't tell know one will notice
(Oops I just told.)
If any one is intrested
These mickey heads are paint chip I got for FREE at Home Depot
Got to love the price.

Second I wanted to share some more pics of some more things I bought
I know me shop
So unlike me

I bought these at the dollar spot at Target.
I know not all are Disney
But I couldn't get Mia one and not the boys
The Pens are mine
I am going to put these in there Easter baskets.

I bought these at the Disney Store for $5 each
I couldn't pass up that price.
The mickey one is for Aidan
The Tangled one is for Mia
and the Perry one is for Liam
Unfortunatly that didn't have any in Rylan's size
I am also going to put these in their Easter baskets

This last disney purchase is for me
I just love this shirt
Not to mention that it is the Dis color
It has a Mickey in the center
And it was marked down from $32 to $10

Love the purchases! I really need to get over to the Disney outlet. I ended up using my coupon for stuff for the kids for Easter.

Great idea to upgrade to the DDP, we did too for this trip. It's totally worth the money to upgrade if your going to be doing some TS restaurants. I'm sure Liam will enjoy Crystal Palace, my kids love it, even my 15 year old!

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #161
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Yah for upgrading and getting it for cheaper then you thought
tinytreasures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #162
Corrine 1973

The buying for our Disney trip had bit once again
This time I have a good excuse
I had to use my coupon for preordering Tangled before the 10th
So I broke down and got the shirt I've been eying for a month
I also got some other things but I will try to post some pics tomarrow
After reading a few PTR's today I relized something big
Next month we will be at Disney
I am so excited.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #163
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Following you over from my PTR!

Using the paint sample/Mickey head-thingys (whatever they're called!) as your countdown calendar? Genius!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:40 AM   #164
Corrine 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
Following you over from my PTR!

Using the paint sample/Mickey head-thingys (whatever they're called!) as your countdown calendar? Genius!

PixieMama, glad you can join my crazy ride. I actually go the idea some where on the DIS to use the paint chips for the calendar. I heard people were using the alien green ones, putting there DIS name on them, and pinning it bags/backpacks/clothing in hope to do DIS meets. I went to pick a couple up and thought why not use them for a countdown calendar. Thanks for the great comment!!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:45 AM   #165
hollybearsmom
Please send my fairy godmother home, pronto!

Just got all caught up.
Sending prayers for your little boy and brother.
Your MK day sounds just like what we will do!
Love the coundown calendar and am so jealous that you get to walk right by the DSO everyday! Good work on the weight loss!
hollybearsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: