Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2011, 09:16 AM   #616
WAHkoMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurby View Post
i think the designers of the ship made a huge mistake.

Seriously.

They gave the teens a 100% private get away while the parents who pay for the trip get an adults only section that seems to have kids walking through it and hanging out in it.

I think it should have been reversed and let the adults have the 100% private pool section.
amen!

WAHkoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #617
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
Paused your movie to add that it plays just fine on a Mac with the Flip4Mac plugin (free) installed.
YAY!!! I will edit my post to add that mac users can download that plug-in!! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaG4Kids View Post
Cass:

AMAZING!!!!!! That is the best video out there on the dream. I had no problems at all with it loading or playing and it was so inclusive of everything. I couldn't help myself, I starting crying the minute I heard the music started. I have 69 more days until our trip begins and I'm so excited I could just bust. You have shared so many wonderful thoughts, pictures and now the crown jewel....the video. GREAT JOB!!!!
Glad there were no problems playing it, I was a little worried about that because of the length

Thanks for the kind words!!! I feel that I wasn't even supposed to be on the Dream, ever, so I was so appreciative when I got to see her that I just knew I had to pay it forward and share the elegance and beauty that I got to see, the way I know how

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
OH MY GOD CASS

I think i love you

Quote:

seriously.

they gave the teens a 100% private get away while the parents who pay for the trip get an adults only section that seems to have kids walking through it and hanging out in it.

i think it should have been reversed and let the adults have the 100% private pool section.
I agree, let's all storm The Vibe when we get on the ship!! They think they're all cool and stuff hiding the place from us...HA!! Now, because of my video, the secret is out...everybody knows how to find it now!!!!!!!!!

Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #618
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Cass - what program did you use to edit your video? love the transition
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #619
DoOverDreams
DIS Veteran

Quote:

seriously.

they gave the teens a 100% private get away while the parents who pay for the trip get an adults only section that seems to have kids walking through it and hanging out in it.

i think it should have been reversed and let the adults have the 100% private pool section.
100% agree!
DoOverDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #620
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Cass - what program did you use to edit your video? love the transition
Sorry, I meant to put that in my post...it's in now

I use Pinnacle Studio for all my videos
Old 02-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #621
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

have they started building the fantasy yet?

i think we should find out who to contact and tell them of the serious error in judgement they have by putting the teens 100% private instead of the parents.

after all we're the ones flipping the thousands of bucks to go on the trip - i'd like to sit out by a pool at some point without hearing hords of kids yelling and running around.

i'm not a sun freak but its nice to know other then a lout club there is somewhere the adults can go to relax (for free - not the spa)

wonder if they got hundreds of emails if they would rethink the design of the fantasy??
Old 02-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #622
disney0210
Yes, I'm a disneyholic.

Thanks for taking the time out to post all of these! Very helpful indeed! We are on the Dream for Labor Day weekend so we are more excited than ever.

Quick question for you - does the standard inside stateroom have that pull out bed as a default or is that only for rooms with 4 people in them? TIA.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #623
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
have they started building the fantasy yet?

i think we should find out who to contact and tell them of the serious error in judgement they have by putting the teens 100% private instead of the parents.

after all we're the ones flipping the thousands of bucks to go on the trip - i'd like to sit out by a pool at some point without hearing hords of kids yelling and running around.

i'm not a sun freak but its nice to know other then a lout club there is somewhere the adults can go to relax (for free - not the spa)

wonder if they got hundreds of emails if they would rethink the design of the fantasy??
They just laid the keel of the Fantasy so I highly doubt there will be any structural changes at this point no matter how many emails they get

I will say that I never saw any kids running and screaming around the adult pool but there are kids walking through that area for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney0210 View Post
Thanks for taking the time out to post all of these! Very helpful indeed! We are on the Dream for Labor Day weekend so we are more excited than ever.

Quick question for you - does the standard inside stateroom have that pull out bed as a default or is that only for rooms with 4 people in them? TIA.
The 11 Inside Standard rooms sleep 3 OR 4, so some rooms will have that pull down bed in the ceiling, others wont.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #624
Kurby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
They just laid the keel of the Fantasy so I highly doubt there will be any structural changes at this point no matter how many emails they get .

well - then in that case they need to design new ones and get building. they need to catch up to all the other cruise lines number of ships
Old 02-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #625
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:

seriously.

My neice just got off the Dream 3 weeks ago and said the teen club gets run over by the tweens. And the said no one seem to mind....or stop them. Since you don't have to sign in or out who is too know right.

She said they have a small sign that says the age but eveyone walks though it anyway...That that was funny because that is what the adults complain about for the adult pool that says there is a sign for the area.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #626
Kurby

that's interesting

we didn't hang out in the adult pool that much when we cruised in 09 but we did walk through it enough and did see some but not a lot of kids in and around the area (not in the pool) but i've read some reports that say there seems to be more kids in and around the adult area then on the wonder or magic.

might be that it's new, who knows.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #627
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Who needs to watch the Oscars when I've got your trip report to read!

Seriously - it's freakin' amazing! For those of us who have never done a Disney cruise (and likely won't due to dh's motion sickness that no medication/technique can help ), it was really fun living vicariously through your report. You are THE photographer of photographers! I haven't even had the chance to watch the video yet, but I have a feeling I won't be disappointed.... This cruise likely just wet your appetite for when you go back with your family. How many days???????

Thanks a million for the detailed report. You're amazing!
CJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #628
FJS961
DIS Veteran

The video is AMAZING. Well done all around. Well shot, well edited.

was it not nominated for best short?
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #629
tessasmom
Mouseketeer

Thank you Cass so much for the video! You are one talented lady!!

AoA 11/2013~Fantasy Eastern 11/2013
DREAM 12/4/2011~ FANTASY 11/30/13~ AOA 11/28/13~POP 12/1/2011~WDW too many times to count as a child!
tessasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #630
DisneyMomforLife
DIS Veteran

Hi Cass,

May I please borrow one of your photos to post in another thread? It's a random photo of the carpet if that's ok with you.

Thanks!
Kat

~ Disney Wonder October 2006 ~ Disney Magic April 2008 ~ Disney Wonder May 2009 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~
DH 41 ME 39 DD13 DS21
Bosco DDog3 Coco DDog2
DisneyMomforLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: