Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #466
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What was it that you didn't like abou the Villians show? That show is one I am actually considering skipping. Not that I don't want to see it, but my DD6 just seems to be in a stage where "villians" spook her, and I am worried she won't like it at all. I guess, I don't know if I have a desire to watch an all villians show either.
It was just soooooo cheesy!! Now, I realize, being a Disney fan, that a lot of Disney IS cheesy and I am all for some extra fromage but the cheese factor in this show is ridonculous!!

Come on, Jafar dancing in a circle with an animatronic Iago, singing "Wind Beneath My Wings" ???? PUHLEASE!!!!!!!

I would probably go again to see it but ONLY for the Yzma and Kronk part and then I would leave

I don't think it's spooky at all (except for the 3 fates from Hercules maybe)....I think maybe Disney realized that doing a show about villains might be a little risky with the little ones so they went overboard (pun intended, of couse ) trying to make it cute and fun and light-hearted but they failed miserably

But remember, that is MY opinion....like I said from the very start, all my reviews and comments are based on my opinion and sometimes my opinion is not the popular one. What I hate, you may like! You never know!

When I spoke to Baltimore (nickname of a TA we befriended on this trip) he said he loved all the shows

I highly suggest everyone see all the shows and then form their own opinions of them

But I will say....and I know I have said it twice already....the show was REALLY well acted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Timon; 02-15-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #467
davidls
DIS Veteran

Hi Cass

I have already commented.................several pages back..............but as everyone has stated on here - your report is FABULOUS!!!! And the photo's are just what all of us going on this beautiful ship wanted to see. You have mentioned a video you have planned. Will you post a link so we all can view it also? I'm sure everyone who has been following your report like I have, would love to see your video. Thanks Cass for sharing with us your thoughts and photo's of your cruise.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #468
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Great trip report, Cass!!! Can't wait until I can experience it for myself in October. Until then I will gaze longingly at yours.

Do we get to find out about your merchandise story, since it is after Saturday?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #469
dizneycrazy4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
I see the pool bar area where Janice, Mark, Paige, Rob, Angela, Tracy and Bob and I will be hanging out!
Oh yes, I see that in my future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLDSMD View Post
I'm shocked at how empty it is both at the bar and the seating in the shallow area. Not sure if it was because of the time of day, but still seems pretty empty.

That will make a great location for a lot of impromptu meets in the afternoon, kinda like the ones we had almost daily back in Oct 2009. Nothing better than just running into people and stopping to have a drink and catch up on the day or the cruise.
Great meets.

Love the looks of vibe & for tweens. Those lounge chairs on the deck for the vibe look awesome.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #470
dizneycrazy4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrits View Post
My Derek will go when he sees these pics, Cass! And Emily will be upset that she will be 18 and too old, but yet too young for grown up fun, too. Well, at least she will be allowed in the grown up areas, and that will be fun. She's a fun loving nutty girl.

I have to admit I am a bit worried about The Edge Tween Club. I hope there are a lot of activites that involve sports, as my Alex (DS11) is not a "social network" type of tween. He is still a boy--not even close to all the social aspects of tween/teen life. And while I think it's good that they will have video games, I have to say that that is something he can do at home--and does. Now maybe if the video games are involed in tournaments or some such organized activity that would be better. There are lots of boys on our 6/12/11 cruise who are his age, so I imagine there will be at least one with his same interests; luckily he is not shy. I don't know--a mom has to worry, eh?

Thanks for all the great pics of the spa, too. Did they give y'all a list of services with prices in your stateroom? I'd love to do something, but obviously that would depend upon cost.

You are a doll for doing such a wonderfully detailed report for us, Cass!
Yeah, think Derek & Bryce will enjoy the VIBE.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #471
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
I have already commented.................several pages back..............but as everyone has stated on here - your report is FABULOUS!!!! And the photo's are just what all of us going on this beautiful ship wanted to see. You have mentioned a video you have planned. Will you post a link so we all can view it also? I'm sure everyone who has been following your report like I have, would love to see your video. Thanks Cass for sharing with us your thoughts and photo's of your cruise.

Yes, once the trippie is all done, I will get to work on my Dream Video It will be similar to the ones I've already done and are on my Cassworld Site.

I think I might be doing 2 versions though...one for online for Cassworld and one (DVD version) that I will be sending all my DCL/Dream clients who book with me

I will post a link here when it is done

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post

Do we get to find out about your merchandise story, since it is after Saturday?
Absolutely! I have some errands to run this afternoon so maybe I will post it tonight
Old 02-15-2011, 06:28 PM   #472
Timon

DIS Junkie

My Merchandise Story

Before I left for Orlando, I had checked online to see if there were any special Vinylmations being offered on the Dream. I know very little about Vinyls but my SIL Heather and friends Mike & Robin are crazy for them

Since Heather was watching Kira for me back home, I wanted to get her something special and I was hoping for vinyls.

I found out that on the Maiden Voyage, they were selling a special two-set Donald Duck Vinyl and that if there were any left, they would be for sale on our cruise.

At that point, Mike & Robin had asked me if I could get a set for them too if they were still available.

I knew I would have to be at the stores at 6pm when they first opened but I had no idea what I was in for

I tried looking through the windows to figure out which store would be carrying the Vinyls and then I spotted them inside, so I waited outside the proper store.

Well, when 6pm came and they opened the doors, people went MAD!!!

There were 3 or 4 people, the first ones to storm the doors, that were particularly awful! They practically ran over the CM who opened the door and then bee-lined it for the 9" Vinyls.

At that point, I entered the store too and was being pushed everywhere and one lady pushed passed me and knocked me to my right and my camera ended up getting bashed on the door frame and my lens cap came off and fell to the ground.

I tried to pick it up but people were herding into the store like there was no tomorrow!

Finally, a nice lady stopped so that I could bend down and pick it up and then continue on into the store.

There was one guy who was literally jumping 2-3 feet off the floor to grab as many big Vinyls as possible off the top shelf. This guys had no concern for anyone else and ended up hitting a few people.

I was trying to avoid this jerk while still looking around for those Donalds.

I spied a shelf over by the other entrance...people were grabbing whatever was on there so I grabbed one to see what it was and it was the Donalds!!!

Just as I put my arm back to grab another one....the very last one...another guy starting reaching for it but I got there first (he also had one already) and said "Darn, so close" At least he was a good sport about, unlike other people I heard!!

So, with two Donalds in my arms...I was happy and I headed for the cash register before someone tackled me for them

While I was waiting, some people ended up knocking down an entire display!! It was chaos!

I chuckled and smiled with great delight when the jerk with the 6 big Vinyls was told by a CM "Only 2 per stateroom"

After that, I left that store and went to the other one, the one with all the Dream merchandise and while I slowly walked around the store, I listened to all the people...they were nuts!! Frantically grabbing all sorts of stuff, complaining to themselves and to CM's, yelling and running around

After hearing some stories from the CM's about the MV, I was glad that I wasn't on that sailing!! cus this one bad enough

Here's a photo I took just before the store opened....

And here's the Vinyl Set I was able to get for H, M & R

Old 02-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #473
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Thats just crazy.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

lovegrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #474
Pooh's Pal
Soon to be dancing with My Pal Pooh
Always searching for a better Disney deal!

Thumbs up

Good Job Cass!

Quote:
I chuckled and smiled with great delight when the jerk with the 6 big Vinyls was told by a CM "Only 2 per stateroom
I've been biten by the Sunshine bug!! ºOº $$$ #493 & MWT!
Pooh's Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #475
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

MUCH APPRECIATED CASS!!

strawberry smoothies are on us next cruise!!
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #476
Cajun28
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
My Merchandise Story

Well, when 6pm came and they opened the doors, people went MAD!!!

There were 3 or 4 people, the first ones to storm the doors, that were particularly awful! They practically ran over the CM who opened the door and then bee-lined it for the 9" Vinyls.

At that point, I entered the store too and was being pushed everywhere and one lady pushed passed me and knocked me to my right and my camera ended up getting bashed on the door frame and my lens cap came off and fell to the ground.

I tried to pick it up but people were herding into the store like there was no tomorrow!

Finally, a nice lady stopped so that I could bend down and pick it up and then continue on into the store.

There was one guy who was literally jumping 2-3 feet off the floor to grab as many big Vinyls as possible off the top shelf. This guys had no concern for anyone else and ended up hitting a few people.

I was trying to avoid this jerk while still looking around for those Donalds.

I spied a shelf over by the other entrance...people were grabbing whatever was on there so I grabbed one to see what it was and it was the Donalds!!!

Woo-Hoo.....Sounds like Black Friday at K-Mart!

Now, don't you wish you would have taken Jiu-Jitsu lessons before you went? Bet you didn't think you'd need them....Now you know

Good job on your quest and keeping your cool.
Cajun28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:29 AM   #477
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

OMG Cass, you could have got knocked down and trampled! I'm glad you got the 2 you wanted.
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:31 AM   #478
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Hey Cass! I just found this TR yesterday and am so excited for you!!!!! I'm on page 2 but hope to get more reading done today.

BTW, did you delete your FB account? I looked for you and you're not on my list anymore.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #479
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Caass, you should have sharpened your elbows ... its amazing how efficient they can be
Karen Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #480
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
Thats just crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's Pal View Post
Good Job Cass!

Thanks D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post
MUCH APPRECIATED CASS!!

strawberry smoothies are on us next cruise!!
Wouldn't mind trying a chocolate one next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun28 View Post
Woo-Hoo.....Sounds like Black Friday at K-Mart!

Now, don't you wish you would have taken Jiu-Jitsu lessons before you went? Bet you didn't think you'd need them....Now you know

Good job on your quest and keeping your cool.
Yeah, had I known, I could have taken some lessons or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
OMG Cass, you could have got knocked down and trampled! I'm glad you got the 2 you wanted.
Yeah, it was a little scary LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Hey Cass! I just found this TR yesterday and am so excited for you!!!!! I'm on page 2 but hope to get more reading done today.

BTW, did you delete your FB account? I looked for you and you're not on my list anymore.
Hey Mel

Nope, I'm still there...I just "liked" your photo a couple weeks ago My goodness those kids of yours have grown!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Mouse View Post
Caass, you should have sharpened your elbows ... its amazing how efficient they can be
Yeah, well if I had been more prepared, I could have gotten them sharpened prior to that....just didn't see it coming

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: