Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #436
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustysgirl View Post
I want to go on the Dream just for this! I love Vinylmation!! You are the best sister-in-law ever!!
I hear Cass got you one of everything!
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #437
disgrits
DIS Veteran

My Derek will go when he sees these pics, Cass! And Emily will be upset that she will be 18 and too old, but yet too young for grown up fun, too. Well, at least she will be allowed in the grown up areas, and that will be fun. She's a fun loving nutty girl.

I have to admit I am a bit worried about The Edge Tween Club. I hope there are a lot of activites that involve sports, as my Alex (DS11) is not a "social network" type of tween. He is still a boy--not even close to all the social aspects of tween/teen life. And while I think it's good that they will have video games, I have to say that that is something he can do at home--and does. Now maybe if the video games are involed in tournaments or some such organized activity that would be better. There are lots of boys on our 6/12/11 cruise who are his age, so I imagine there will be at least one with his same interests; luckily he is not shy. I don't know--a mom has to worry, eh?

Thanks for all the great pics of the spa, too. Did they give y'all a list of services with prices in your stateroom? I'd love to do something, but obviously that would depend upon cost.

You are a doll for doing such a wonderfully detailed report for us, Cass!

disgrits is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #438
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Do you recall if this was in the Rainforest area?

Seeing those Spa Villas are really tempting me to book a couples thing again. I had talked myself out of it (due to the price), but it looks soooooo relaxing!!
Old 02-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #439
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Great pictures Cass! I am ready for the rainforrest room! Love all the light and windows in the spa. Did you happen to notice the hours for the fitness center? I like to venture there when everyone else is sleeping or taking pictures on the deck.
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #440
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

iPod dock?
Old 02-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #441
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the pictures of the teen club.
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 17 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

lovegrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #442
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustysgirl View Post
The spa looks fantastic! Cass, I can't believe how many amazing pictures you got. You're amazing!

Do you think that I could pass for a teenager and get into Vibe? That place looks amazing. I would love to go in there! Those bean bag chairs look so inviting. Disney really does think of everything! Kids who get to go on this cruise have no idea how lucky they are!

Thanks so much again for the amazing Vinyls and all the work you had to go through to get them. They were so unexpected, but totally appreciated! And you have really renewed my love of collecting them too! You're the best and I am so lucky to have you in my life!
I'm the lucky one

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrits View Post
My Derek will go when he sees these pics, Cass! And Emily will be upset that she will be 18 and too old, but yet too young for grown up fun, too. Well, at least she will be allowed in the grown up areas, and that will be fun. She's a fun loving nutty girl.

I have to admit I am a bit worried about The Edge Tween Club. I hope there are a lot of activites that involve sports, as my Alex (DS11) is not a "social network" type of tween. He is still a boy--not even close to all the social aspects of tween/teen life. And while I think it's good that they will have video games, I have to say that that is something he can do at home--and does. Now maybe if the video games are involed in tournaments or some such organized activity that would be better. There are lots of boys on our 6/12/11 cruise who are his age, so I imagine there will be at least one with his same interests; luckily he is not shy. I don't know--a mom has to worry, eh?

Thanks for all the great pics of the spa, too. Did they give y'all a list of services with prices in your stateroom? I'd love to do something, but obviously that would depend upon cost.

You are a doll for doing such a wonderfully detailed report for us, Cass!
I wish I knew more about the tween club but when I was doing my rounds, they were closed so not only could I not get some photos, I couldn't talk to the CM's. They were busy with the kids when I finally got there. And since they have their own Navigators, I have no idea what they do during the week

I did not see or receive a price lists of spa services anywhere, perhaps they were at the front desk but when I did my tour, the desk were super busy so I just stayed away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post

Do you recall if this was in the Rainforest area?

Seeing those Spa Villas are really tempting me to book a couples thing again. I had talked myself out of it (due to the price), but it looks soooooo relaxing!!
Yes, that was in the Rainforest Room. I heard as I was passing by that they charged extra for those but I didn't hear or see a price. They did such a great job with the spa villas!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
Great pictures Cass! I am ready for the rainforrest room! Love all the light and windows in the spa. Did you happen to notice the hours for the fitness center? I like to venture there when everyone else is sleeping or taking pictures on the deck.
I think it was open 6am until 10pm except for embarkation day

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post

iPod dock?
Yuppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
Thanks for the pictures of the teen club.
You're welcome
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #443
Minerva6116
Earning My Ears

Thank you sooo much for the amazing photos and trip report! I am taking my first cruise in March and I've got a million questions in my mind but your report is answering almost all of them haha. I am curious about one thing though: the spa picture of all the jars and bowls with what looks like soap in them -what is that for? Thank you again!
Minerva6116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #444
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

The spa looks so nice. But I am not a spa kind of girl either. I actually have no clue what you do or get done in there besides a massage, haircut, or manicure!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #445
DizDragonfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post

I heard as I was passing by that they charged extra for those but I didn't hear or see a price.
Of course they do! I wonder how much? I may just have to stop in at Basin before the cruise.

Quote:
Yuppers
Awesome! Thanks! I really like the lockers in Vibe. Great for my teens who can't be parted from their iPods, but obviously they can't take them in the pool. They'll also be able to take a backpack down with a bathing suit or a change of clothes so they can swim and hang without having to come back to the room and change. Nice planning!

Wish they had lockers up on deck for the adults/families. That would have the possibility of freeing up some loungers that are just being used to hold "stuff" while someone swims.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #446
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

The waiting area in the spa is lovely. Wonder if I could sneak in, sit in a corner and read my book! Or at least show up, oh, a couple of hours early for a treatment!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #447
dahuffy
Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLDSMD View Post
Too bad they didn't make the adult pool area that exclusive. Would have stopped the families and kids from coming through.
Ditto!
dahuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:08 AM   #448
WAHMto5
DIS Veteran

Wow....by far the best review I have ever read! Thank you!
1988~DL/1994~DL / Summer 2002~WDW POR / Summer 2004~WDW Off Site (Nick Hotel) / Christmas 2005~WDW FW Cabins / September 2006~WDW AKL / April 2008~ DL (Marine Grad Trip) /June 2009~WDW Pop /May 2010~WDW Pop /October 2011~Disney Dream Cruise /May 2013~WDW ??
WAHMto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:44 AM   #449
TwinsFan
Mouseketeer

Wow, I love all these pictures! Thanks for posting! 251 more days until I'm there!

Disney World
Disney Institute 3/87, DixL 3/94, CBR12/96, CS 9/00, AKL 5/02, BCV 11/03, SSR 10/04, BWV9/06, BCV 10/09
AKL 1/11, BCV 10/11, VWL 12/12
Disneyland 10/08 GC
DCL 10/11 Disney Dream

---------------------------------------------------
TwinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #450
newmommy_2010
Mouseketeer

This is a wonderful report! Love all the details! My hubby is dying to take a cruise but I am worried about how our DS (will be 2 at the time) would like it? Also, can you feel the boat move much? I am worried about motion sickness also.
Discovery Toys Independent Consultant www.discoverytoyslink.com/ashleysdtoys2011

newmommy_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: