Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
PinkSleepingBeauty
DIS Veteran
 
PinkSleepingBeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: West Midlands, England
Posts: 775

Smile Natalie & Phil's Oct 25th Wishes Wedding TR: Vendor reviews at last!! :)

Hi everyone!

Well, I thought it was about time I bit the bullet and finally got a move on with this Planning Journal! It's been on the list for some time now but you know how it is and how time flies and hey, better late than never! Firstly I'd just like to say a big thanks to eveyone on these boards, you are all so helpful.

So......I'm Natalie and I'm engaged to Phil, we're from England. We've been together for twelve (yes you read that correctly, I said twelve) years now. We met when I was 16 and we were just friends for quite some time before we got together and I think that really helped us. Phil is my best friend in the world.

My love of Disney began when I first visited Orlando with my parents when I was ten. We actually saw a couple having their wedding photos taken in the GF during that trip and that was it for me, the Disney Wedding Dream began there and then! Many trips and years later, the dream never died and during our visit in September 2009 Phil made the dream start to become a reality when he proposed at the Magic Kingdom after Wishes He had planned to propose on our 11 year anniversary which was the next day but Wishes were not on that night, so he had to move the plan a day forward. As soon as work out how to post pictures I will post one of the ring!!

We began to plan for a wedding about two years from when we got engaged and we eventually decided on October 25th 2011 as this fell during the English school Autumn holidays. Phil has a nephew and niece and his Best Man has two kids the same age and this meant they wouldn't miss any/much school time.

So what have we got planned so far you ask? Well, we are booked for 12.00pm at the Wedding Pavilion with a reception to follow at the Whitehall Room & Patio and a Dessert Party at the GF Marina. I have booked the Landau Coach and Calypso Trio! We have a Magic Kingdom photoshoot scheduled for the following Saturday (4 days after the wedding, but hey, it's another excuse to get the dress on again!). I have also booked Beaute Speciale for Hair and Makeup for both days.

We decided to book an outside photographer and thanks to Wendy's (WeeDee) fabulous photos and glowing review we have booked Jason Angelini. His work is wonderful and they have been so lovely during all communications.

I'm currenty debating videography....Girls, what do you think? It's another expense? Did you find it worth it? Any recommendations?

And last but by no means least........I have chosen my dress!!! I'm a little worried about posting pics/too much info as Phil is a disboard member too and I don't want him to see it or find out which dress it is. All I will say is it by an English designer called Jenny Packham.

Ooooh, I almost forgot, we have chosen our colours: We are thinking Pink and Aqua!!

Well, I think that's it for now, hope I haven't rambled on for too long and sent you to sleep. I will update again soon. Now to work out how to upload photos....

Laters xxx
__________________
Natalie & Phil

Natalie & Phil's Long Overdue Planning Journal : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2648880


Last edited by PinkSleepingBeauty; 03-25-2012 at 03:22 PM.
PinkSleepingBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....
 
DisneyShamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 748

Congratulations and Welcome!

Your proposal story is really sweet. I look forward to reading along and seeing your plans.
__________________
When I first saw Cinderella Castle after leaving the Contemporary on my very first trip to Disney World,
I looked at my mom with my
seven-year-old dreamy eyes and said, "I'm going to get married here."
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)


Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
SaidYes
Mouseketeer
 
SaidYes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 77

Welcome! So excited about your plans and can't wait to read more!!

I would definitely try to get a videographer. I was like you and really questioned it but from what I've heard, it's one thing that people end up regretting later. We're not doing ours through Disney either since its ridiculously more expensive. We're using Apex Media in Orlando and they have a TON of package options. For me, I just want a professional to capture the day so our kids can see it one day. The extras that some other companies throw in to jack up the price just doesn't seem worth it.

I'll be following along!
__________________
SaidYes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink
 
gemmybear83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: U.K
Posts: 5,419

Yeahy excited to read more - from another uk bride

I LOVE Jenny Packham!!!!!!!
__________________
gemmybear83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
PinkSleepingBeauty
DIS Veteran
 
PinkSleepingBeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: West Midlands, England
Posts: 775

Oh yay, people are reading! Thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyShamrock View Post
Congratulations and Welcome!

Your proposal story is really sweet. I look forward to reading along and seeing your plans.
Thank you for reading, more to come soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaidYes View Post
Welcome! So excited about your plans and can't wait to read more!!

I would definitely try to get a videographer. I was like you and really questioned it but from what I've heard, it's one thing that people end up regretting later. We're not doing ours through Disney either since its ridiculously more expensive. We're using Apex Media in Orlando and they have a TON of package options. For me, I just want a professional to capture the day so our kids can see it one day. The extras that some other companies throw in to jack up the price just doesn't seem worth it.

I'll be following along!
Thank you for your advice and for reading, very much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
Yeahy excited to read more - from another uk bride

I LOVE Jenny Packham!!!!!!!
Hi to a fellow UK Bride! Thank you for reading too! I knew I wanted a Jenny Packham dress, I just love them and I'm a bit in love with my dress too
__________________
Natalie & Phil

Natalie & Phil's Long Overdue Planning Journal : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2648880

PinkSleepingBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #6
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!
 
Bickimook2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 721

Congratz on your engagement! You plans sound great I swoon over Jenny Packham's designs!!! They are just so darn expensive, I totally would have went with something from that collection if I could have. I can't wait to see what dress you chose. Can't wait to follow along
__________________
Bickimook2's Art Deco Wedding

2003 High School Band Trip - First Time to WDW - Off Site/ 2008 First Time to WDW with DF - All Star Movies Resort/ June 2011 Disneymoon! - Port Orleans - FQ
Bickimook2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #7
PinkSleepingBeauty
DIS Veteran
 
PinkSleepingBeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: West Midlands, England
Posts: 775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickimook2 View Post
Congratz on your engagement! You plans sound great I swoon over Jenny Packham's designs!!! They are just so darn expensive, I totally would have went with something from that collection if I could have. I can't wait to see what dress you chose. Can't wait to follow along
Thank you so much for your wishes and for following along! Will be updating with more plans soon.
__________________
Natalie & Phil

Natalie & Phil's Long Overdue Planning Journal : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2648880

PinkSleepingBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
PrincessTinker11
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessTinker11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 697

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We actually get married on 11/1/11 but will flying to Disney 10/29...very close to you, I will subscribe to your thread to share ideas!!!

Did you set up a Magic Kingdom shoot?
__________________
Happily Ever After Castaway Cay Married Couple! 11♥1♥11

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2465405 Our Disney Cruise Line Castaway Cay Wedding! (Our PJ)
PrincessTinker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #9
PinkSleepingBeauty
DIS Veteran
 
PinkSleepingBeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: West Midlands, England
Posts: 775

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTinker11 View Post
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We actually get married on 11/1/11 but will flying to Disney 10/29...very close to you, I will subscribe to your thread to share ideas!!!

Did you set up a Magic Kingdom shoot?
Hi! Thank you! Congratulations to you too, I will be popping over to your PJ too! Yes we have a Magic Kingdom shoot booked, the same day you are flying to Disney Looking forward to hearing your ideas and plans too.
__________________
Natalie & Phil

Natalie & Phil's Long Overdue Planning Journal : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2648880

PinkSleepingBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #10
PrincessTinker11
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessTinker11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 697

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSleepingBeauty View Post
Hi! Thank you! Congratulations to you too, I will be popping over to your PJ too! Yes we have a Magic Kingdom shoot booked, the same day you are flying to Disney Looking forward to hearing your ideas and plans too.
Yeah someone else who is doing the MK shoot too! Who set it up with you? I have Karen and she is wonderful! She said if I see pictures I like I can email them to her and she will make sure my photographer has them when we head out for the shots! I have one shot I am doing where I sit on the bridge going to the castle with my pink shoes out )to contrast the wedding dress) and on the bottoms of the shoes say "I Do"

Ohhhh I cannot wait! It will be great to share ideas!
__________________
Happily Ever After Castaway Cay Married Couple! 11♥1♥11

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2465405 Our Disney Cruise Line Castaway Cay Wedding! (Our PJ)
PrincessTinker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #11
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!
 
KristiLyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 2,386

Welcome!!! Your plans sound great so far and congrats on the engagement!! Your wedding day is exactly one month from mine
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #12
CMK16Peace
2011 Disney Bride!
 
CMK16Peace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 15

CONGRATS!

I'm an October Wishes Bride myself! I can't wait to read about all of your plans! :-)
__________________
~*Christine*~

CMK16Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #13
KitKat5
Mouseketeer
 
KitKat5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Basildon, Essex
Posts: 395

Hiya and congrats from another UK bride! Your plans sound great so far! I love your colours too! Looking forward to hearing more!
__________________
(Me) (Paul) (Jackson)


KitKat5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #14
pixie921
DIS Veteran
 
pixie921's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,316

Good job on starting your PJ! And you're getting married just two days before our VR ... yay for October brides!

It sounds like you've got a good bit worked out already. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your plans.
__________________
Amy
pixie921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #15
PinkSleepingBeauty
DIS Veteran
 
PinkSleepingBeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: West Midlands, England
Posts: 775

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTinker11 View Post
Yeah someone else who is doing the MK shoot too! Who set it up with you? I have Karen and she is wonderful! She said if I see pictures I like I can email them to her and she will make sure my photographer has them when we head out for the shots! I have one shot I am doing where I sit on the bridge going to the castle with my pink shoes out )to contrast the wedding dress) and on the bottoms of the shoes say "I Do"

Ohhhh I cannot wait! It will be great to share ideas!
When is your MK Shoot? My planner is Meri, she has been great so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiLyn View Post
Welcome!!! Your plans sound great so far and congrats on the engagement!! Your wedding day is exactly one month from mine
Thanks! I look forward to hearing your plans too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMK16Peace View Post
CONGRATS!

I'm an October Wishes Bride myself! I can't wait to read about all of your plans! :-)
Yay for October! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat5 View Post
Hiya and congrats from another UK bride! Your plans sound great so far! I love your colours too! Looking forward to hearing more!
Hi to another UK Bride! Thank you for your reply! More to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie921 View Post
Good job on starting your PJ! And you're getting married just two days before our VR ... yay for October brides!

It sounds like you've got a good bit worked out already. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your plans.
Hi! Yes I thought it was about time! I'd try to spy your wedding but if I remember right yours in Epcot early? Thanks for joining in
__________________
Natalie & Phil

Natalie & Phil's Long Overdue Planning Journal : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2648880

PinkSleepingBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: