Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2011, 07:23 PM   #121
horizons1983
Horizons 1 is now departing.

8020?

Sadly there are no reviews of room 8020 and I am wondering if anyone has stayed there and/or has pictures. Please let me know!
Disney Magic 2003 -- Disney Wonder 2010 -- Disney Dream 2011 -- Disney Fantasy 2012 -- Carnival Ecstasy 2012 -- Jewel of the Seas 2013 -- Disney Dream 2013 -- Norwegian Dawn 2013 -- Royal Princess 2014 -- Disney Magic 2014 -- Disney Dream 2014 -- Regal Princess 2015 -- Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2015

horizons1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:14 AM   #122
STEAMBOAT209
DIS Veteran

6076 the dream added a new report for the just past members cruise

STEAMBOAT209 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #123
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereinertfamily View Post
Will post ours shortly 7658
Evidently you never posted it. How was the room? My parents have this one and I have 7656. Neither are showing reviews
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #124
latinqt
Mouseketeer

Smile

Where would I find the cabin reviews???

Disney Dream Dec. 29, 2011 to celebrate NYE 2012.:cool1
DH, DW, DS, DDI, DGS, DGD

latinqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #125
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinqt View Post
Where would I find the cabin reviews???
There is a link on the first page
Old 10-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #126
latinqt
Mouseketeer

Smile

Oh great. Thank you very much.

Disney Dream Dec. 29, 2011 to celebrate NYE 2012.:cool1
DH, DW, DS, DDI, DGS, DGD

latinqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #127
ronniek
Earning My Ears

Question Sleeping 4 in cabin 5536

Can anyone tell me if 4 adults can manage in one cabin on the Dream? We are assigned 5536. It has an extended balcony, which I figure makes for a larger living space. We can deal with one bathroom, since we are all sisters, and used to that. Will ther be an upper and lower berth? or like a pull out double sofa?
Thanks to anyone who can help!
ronniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:35 AM   #128
Cruiselady
Mouseketeer

Dream 8022 anyone have a report

This is marked as obstructive or small undersized verandah any have info or photos
Cruiselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #129
Jackie Psarianos
Mouseketeer

Disney Dream

Disney Dream Trip Report:

Deck Eleven:

Cabanas: A lot of improvements, especially Cabanas. I love the circular design, with sections for eating. The beverage station in each section was a great idea for convenience and ease. The food selections were ample, I wish that more fruit variety could have been available in a self-serve manner. Table areas were kept clean and the whole experience was good for breakfast and lunch.

Deck Eateries: A good selection of food, yet I found the sandwich station could have been a little more varied, but good overall. All areas were always kept clean and dry and chairs for the most part were neat and tidy around tables. There was always somewhere to eat near the pools. Staff kept the beverage stations fully stocked and clean.

Pool Area: Although we noticed some enhancements with the Toddler splash area, the Mickey Pool and Family Pool beside each other, we still felt that the pools were small and too much space devoted to sunbathing in between the pools. That could have accommodated a much larger pool overall. There was ample space for the sunbathers on deck twelve. The Family Pool has a depth of 5'3" which for most folks is too deep to allow simply standing around in. You have to tread water or hang on to the edge and it again was too small and always packed. I still do not understand the lack of lifeguard presence at both pools, as I found older children cannonballing into the water in the Family Pool and Toddlers in inappropriate water diapers in the Mickey Pool, we had to have the water drained because of feces. This needs to be addressed. We found this area always busy and finding deck chairs very challenging. Eventhough in the Navigator it states that you cannot save deck chairs, we would always find rows of chairs empty from people yet stacked with stuff for many hours on end. Staff did not remove unattended items as it states in the Navigator, that they will do. Finally, I cannot understand those moms who wear thongs while supervising children in the Mickey Pool and then wade around the pool with their rears in other childrens' faces, not appropriate at all. Save that for the adult areas please.

Adult Pool: A beautiful area, well thought out and overall comfortable. I would have like to have seen more loungers and upright seating areas. It is also too close to the deck restaurants on the other side and you can clearly hear the traffic and noise.

Deck twelve, should have more shaded areas especially in the forward section as well as another pool, it seemed as if cooling and refreshing areas lacked here, as there was full exposure to the sun at all times.

Staterooms: We were on deck ten in a category 4A stateroom #10098. This was a beautifully appointed and large stateroom. We had the split baths with the circular shower which was wonderful and very practical because of the hand held shower. We appreciated the hand held blowdryer in the cabin desk area, much better than those large units in the washrooms as on the Magic and Wonder. The queen sized bed was higher off the floor which allow luggage storage beneath. The mattresses on both the queen bed and the pull down wall beds were comfortable. The pillows were amazing and finally queen sized pillows for a queen sized bed. Bedding was spotless and very comfortable and the towels plush and absorbable. The verandah was large and comfortable. Two issues with our room. Firstly, that of the overhead noise all day long from deck eleven. Early in the morning and very late at night you heard constant feet thumping and walking and running and you could hear the dragging of chairs. Secondly, smokers on their verandahs affected us. I booked another cruise on the Fantasy and I kept away from deck ten, we are on deck nine now. I'm not paying more to hear noise when I'm trying to sleep in a little in the morning or fall asleep at night....I'm on vacation.

Restaurants:
Fantastic! Beautifully themed and we noticed great improvements with the food quality and selection. The impeccable service is constant. I found that the seating area in Enchanted Garden was a little tight as you went further into the mid areas between the centre and the windows. We did not have a chance to visit Palo or Remy's. Cabanas and all pool area eateries were very good. The sandwich bar lacked a little luster, I must say I enjoyed the Paninis more on the Wonder and the Magic. Vista Cafe makes excellent coffees of all varieties and they have a free dessert bar, just help yourself.

Theaters:
More space! Excellent!

Shopping: What an improvement! Largers stores, greater selection and the duty free shopping included in the same area, kudos!

We are Gold Castaway Club members and just booked our ninth cruise on the Fantasy for my Birthday in June of 2013. This past one on the Dream was a week long because I made it a back to back cruise, so we got to explore a little more which was nice. They now have laundry rooms on each deck but only three washers and three dryers, I don't understand that. You cannot use money to wash, but your Key to the World Card and it charges to your room for the use of washer/dryer and detergents.

The elevators are much larger and I love how there are six mid ship elevators all facing each other, three agains three. A big improvement with the elevators. The only thing that needs some attention is the lighting up of the panel, it's difficult to tell when you've pressed a button as the lit is not very much brighter than the unlit button...weird. A lot of people made that comment.

Hallways are a bit wider and we love the system that has you putting your Key to the World Card in the slot of your cabin to turn on lighting, that's a great way to conserve energy.

Finally the Aquaduck. A wonderful experience and great fun. I felt that there were too many stairs for people who might be physically challenged and for those people, there should have been a small elevator up.

We had a wonderful time and have booked a 2013 cruise on the Fantasy for my birthday. We are very excited.
2012-AoA-
2012-Aulani
2011-Disneyland's Paradise Pier
2011-WL/Disney Dream x2
2010-SSR/BWV-July/ SSR
2009-BWV/GF/Disney Wonderx2
2009-Disneyland Hotel
2008-BWV
2007-GF/Disney Wonderx2/BWV
2006-SSR/Disney Magic/BWV
2005-GF/Disney Wonder/WL
2002-CBR
Jackie Psarianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:16 AM   #130
Stephieann
DIS Veteran
Oh no....he is MINE... I know where to find him... MATTY IS MINE!!

Location: My body is in Tennessee but my heart is in Mississippi

just posted one for 7022
1st Disney Trip Magic Kingdom '92 Senior Trip~ 2nd Disney Trip, My first cruise--Cruised the Disney Wonder Oct 2006 Halloween Cruise!! ~3rd Disney Trip --Cruised the Disney Wonder Oct 2007Halloween Cruise!! ~WDW Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2009 MNSSHP! ~Disney Dream B2B October 2011~Disney Dream September 2013~~NEXT DCL Fantasy 2016!!

Stephieann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #131
Tinkerbellcrafter
DH & DD getting tagged by Dreammakers after me!!

Here are pictures for cabin #7190. We were gty status and were assigned this cabin. it is on deck 7, very back of ship. It is an HA room and the deck is VERY BIG! I actually forgot to take pics of the bathroom but it is large with roll in shower. The closet rod has pull down bar to access hanging clothes. There is another closet on far side of bunk near deck door.

This room does shake quite a bit when pulling into Port Canaveral and stabilizers are being used.

Beautiful room...great location for views while at sea!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

1983 Disneyland, 1985 - offsite, WL-9/1995(Honeymoon), CB-09/04, VWL-7/05, WL-9/05(10th Anniversary), POR-2/06, OKW-8/06, CB-12/06, BWV-5/07, OKW-7/07, POR-12/07, SSR- 4/08, OKW- 8/08, SSR- 12/08, VB/AKV- 2/09, THV- 6/09, BCV-10/09, SSR-12/09, AKV-3/10, Fort Wilderness/VB/Disney Wonder/WL 8/10 to 9/10-15th Anniversary, Adult only SSR-12/10, The Fort-3/11, FW/DDream/BWV-9/11, FtWilderness 12/11, Treehouse villas5/2012, WL, DisneyDream & AKV 9/2012, AKV/SSR 12/2013
Tinkerbellcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #132
gfyjny
Mouseketeer

need room report on Disney Dream 2040

There will be me, my husband, four years old daughter and four months old infant travelling in June of 2012 onboard Disney Dream. Just want to know if the room would be suitable for our needs. Also do they have a full size crib available onboard?
gfyjny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #133
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfyjny View Post
There will be me, my husband, four years old daughter and four months old infant travelling in June of 2012 onboard Disney Dream. Just want to know if the room would be suitable for our needs. Also do they have a full size crib available onboard?
I'm pretty sure they are pack n plays... I don't think a full size would fit in your room
Old 11-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #134
kargli
Earning My Ears

hi, can ypu tell me a little more about this veranda? is it fully open from one side to the other, or is it a large open window? also, can two chairs fit on it? whitewall bottom? i was just assigned this cabin and have been getting conflicting info from disney and i just wanted a little more info...thanks so much!! would you have a pix you could post?

to pollyanna822...regarding cabin 8164

Last edited by kargli; 11-11-2011 at 12:43 PM.
kargli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #135
princessjessica
Earning My Ears

Smile Disney Dream Stateroom review

I sailed on the Disney Dream in January 2011 and loved it! There was so much to do and so much to see! One of the things that I was looking forward to the most was seeing the differences in the staterooms compared to the Disney Magic. I would personally say that the staterooms are great and very beautiful, the colours are so great and were really joyful!

Although my opinion is that the staterooms do not matter because your really only in there to sleep, I still feel that they were great! My favourite thing about the stateroom was the red, white and black blanket laying on the bed!

Overall I felt that the staterooms were great!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: