Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2014, 08:11 PM   #1
surfer_ed
Disney/Marvel Geek and Proud of it

Location: Wish it was Cast Away Cay, but Moose Jaw SK for now

Current Water Package

Going on Fantasy in 2 weeks.

What is the current bottled water offering? I did not have any interest in this when I cruised before but know I am off of soda and training for a 1/2 marathon so I will need water.

Thanks
Ed
1972-Off-site , 1976-Poly, 1977-Off-site, 1978-FW,1980-Christmas at FW,1993-CBR, 1994-Off-site, 1996-Off-site Disneyland,2003-Christmas & Honeymoon CSR, 2004-AKL, 2005-POP MNSSHP and DD first trip, 2006-March DCL/First Trip Home SSR, March 2007 Vero/Beach Club DS First Trip, Oct 2007 ASMo/DCL/Wilderness Lodge, Jan 09 ASSp/ASMu, Nov 09 Vero/DCL/BCV, Jan 2010 Family Reunion AKV, Jan 11 SSR no kids, Jan 12 DCL/BLT, Jan 13 Aulani/DL, March 14 Vero/Beach Club

2006,2007,2008,2009 Dreams Take Flight Group Leader,Magical Memories for Special Kids
http://yyz.dreamstakeflight.ca/
surfer_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer_ed View Post
Going on Fantasy in 2 weeks.

What is the current bottled water offering? I did not have any interest in this when I cruised before but know I am off of soda and training for a 1/2 marathon so I will need water.

Thanks
Ed

Water 6-Pack

Item BEV WATER 6 PKG

Satisfy your thirst and stay hydrated during your cruise vacation. Have a water package delivered to your stateroom and waiting for you when you arrive—there's no need to wait until you get onboard to order anymore. Available in both 24-pack and 6-pack cases.

$ 9.00
USD

Gratuity and tax not included

Water 24-Pack

Item BEV WATER 24 PKG

Need to quench your thirst and keep hydrated during your cruise? Order a water package and have it waiting in your stateroom when you arrive—there's no need to wait until you get onboard to order anymore. Available in both 24-pack and 6-pack cases.

$ 35.00
USD

Gratuity and tax not included

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/gifts-and-amenities/

I may get flamed for even mentioning this, but the water (from the taps, drink station, etc) is processed the same as most bottled water (reverse osmosis and filtered). It's fine to drink. We just bring our own refillable water bottles and fill up onboard.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2014, 01:02 AM   #3
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Remember that you can bring water onboard if you want; you don't have to buy it onboard. And you don't have to order it ahead of time; we ordered a smaller package twice during a cruise after we realized that we were having bad reactions to the ship's water. (all symptoms stopped once we started drinking the spring water)

Shmoo, I don't think you've ever been flamed about it, I know I'd love it if you put something like "I find it fine to drink" or "in my opinion".

Because there are people who do not feel that it's fine. Water that has been treated isn't the same as spring water. And there are many people can taste the difference in waters, and have opinions about the taste. Or the quality. Or where it came from.

For people who don't have experience onboard, it might be nice to try the water to see if they like it or not (or, if like me and my husband, they swell up when drinking it), and then make the decision about buying it or not.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:36 AM   #4
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Remember that you can bring water onboard if you want; you don't have to buy it onboard. And you don't have to order it ahead of time; we ordered a smaller package twice during a cruise after we realized that we were having bad reactions to the ship's water. (all symptoms stopped once we started drinking the spring water)

Shmoo, I don't think you've ever been flamed about it, I know I'd love it if you put something like "I find it fine to drink" or "in my opinion".

Because there are people who do not feel that it's fine. Water that has been treated isn't the same as spring water. And there are many people can taste the difference in waters, and have opinions about the taste. Or the quality. Or where it came from.

For people who don't have experience onboard, it might be nice to try the water to see if they like it or not (or, if like me and my husband, they swell up when drinking it), and then make the decision about buying it or not.
You're right about it not being the same. I have yet to find a spring water I like. Being trapped on the ship with nothing but Evian (because our town car arrived late and we skipped the grocery stop) was something I do not want to repeat. I found the water served at dinner decent. It did not make me ill, but I prefer regular filtered water like Aquafina. I even prefer Dasani (not my favorite filtered water) to spring water or filtered tap.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:24 AM   #5
surfer_ed
Disney/Marvel Geek and Proud of it

Location: Wish it was Cast Away Cay, but Moose Jaw SK for now

Not a big Evian fan, sure it is all in my mind and Tap water is usually OK for me but also have formula to make for my dd 1 year. She is not on Juice or milk yet. Although she eats everything esle so maybe I will switch her to milk by then.
1972-Off-site , 1976-Poly, 1977-Off-site, 1978-FW,1980-Christmas at FW,1993-CBR, 1994-Off-site, 1996-Off-site Disneyland,2003-Christmas & Honeymoon CSR, 2004-AKL, 2005-POP MNSSHP and DD first trip, 2006-March DCL/First Trip Home SSR, March 2007 Vero/Beach Club DS First Trip, Oct 2007 ASMo/DCL/Wilderness Lodge, Jan 09 ASSp/ASMu, Nov 09 Vero/DCL/BCV, Jan 2010 Family Reunion AKV, Jan 11 SSR no kids, Jan 12 DCL/BLT, Jan 13 Aulani/DL, March 14 Vero/Beach Club

2006,2007,2008,2009 Dreams Take Flight Group Leader,Magical Memories for Special Kids
http://yyz.dreamstakeflight.ca/
surfer_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

We didn't do a water package for our first cruise (3 nighter). We weren't going to do one for our first 7 nighter either, but we ended up doing the 24 pack. Let me tell you for the two of us, it was the perfect amount of water for the week and I already pre-ordered our package for our next 7 night cruise next month.

We felt it was totally worth it.

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: