Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2011, 10:40 PM   #76
NBCGal
Been there done that... Do it again or where to go next?

Worried

Has anyone had a problem getting the date they want? I'm hoping that won't be an issue when we call in April for our October wedding.
R M
Jac Zero Boo!
NBCGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:35 PM   #77
lizbd23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBCGal View Post
Has anyone had a problem getting the date they want? I'm hoping that won't be an issue when we call in April for our October wedding.
I made my first call to DFTW almost exactly 6 months from our wedding date and there was no one else on that day. We had a free choice of all the times. So, I wouldn't worry to much about getting your date or time. Good luck!!

We picked the 9am time slot at Luau Beach on August 7th. . . and today, my planner, Vita, just booked our DHS bridal Shoot for August 8th!!

And. . .I also just booked our officiant, Teresa Knox! Things are falling in place. . .but I still have so much to do! I can't wait!
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #78
LaurenM
Mouseketeer

If you dont mind me asking how much does Teresa Knox charge??

LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #79
lizbd23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM View Post
If you dont mind me asking how much does Teresa Knox charge??
No problem. She charges $225. . . $50 of which is required for a deposit. Hope that helps.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #80
NBCGal
Been there done that... Do it again or where to go next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbd23 View Post
I made my first call to DFTW almost exactly 6 months from our wedding date and there was no one else on that day. We had a free choice of all the times. So, I wouldn't worry to much about getting your date or time. Good luck!!

We picked the 9am time slot at Luau Beach on August 7th. . . and today, my planner, Vita, just booked our DHS bridal Shoot for August 8th!!

And. . .I also just booked our officiant, Teresa Knox! Things are falling in place. . .but I still have so much to do! I can't wait!
Thanks, we plan on a 10/8 a.m. ceremony @ Conch Key Marina. We've already booked 2 nites @ GF. We had made arrangements for a week @ the Swan (where we usually stay) when I stumbled on the Memories Collection. We never thought we could afford a Disney wedding, & we want it 2B just the 2 of us. So we will stay @ GF for wedding, then have our week @the Swan as planned, except 4 our honeymoon! I'm just starting on the planning, so I look forward 2 all (you all) have 2 share. We live in Wisconsin so we have to arrange every from a distance.
R M
Jac Zero Boo!
NBCGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:17 PM   #81
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
Thanks so much for posting the package disney gives you at booking. I'm going with the roses and hydrangeas bouquet in light blue and white. My dd is going to carry a hydrangea pommander. My twins 1 will carry balloons. Do you think the florist can get me those?

I like the idea of that 24 image 8x8 book too. $65 seems quite reasonable. I figured we'd just use my sister's pictures but if that book is of good quality I'll go with that.

My up theme is coming together. I've ordered grape soda pins for everyone. I even managed to find mini grape soda bottlecap earrings for myself. DD and I are going to wear silver sequined (promise they are subtle) Minnie ears. As I've said the babies will carry balloons and I have a cake designed. The Etsy artist said she can make my Carl and Ellie cake topper. I'll add it to the cake we have at the Garden View Lounge with our tea following the ceremony.

My parents want to come, but that would put us at 7 guests. Does Disney ever allow one extra person? They say they don't have to come to the ceremony that they will just meet us after for tea. We really don't want to upgrade to an Escape package. Just want to keep it simple. Anyone have an answer on this?

I know we are doing some crazy things with the ears, pins and balloons, but since it is a VR I wanted it to be fun not serious. The children will probably even wear shorts and colourful shirts, instead of dressing up. Everyone wants to be comfy. DH is wearing shorts and a golf shirt, but I'm going to wear my original wedding dress. Still fits even after dd and twins.
Children aged 2 and under are not counted towards the guest minimum. The way I read your post, it sounds like your twins will be 1 at the time - so your daughter, you and your husband, and your parents would just be 5 guests.

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #82
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesswendy720 View Post
Children aged 2 and under are not counted towards the guest minimum. The way I read your post, it sounds like your twins will be 1 at the time - so your daughter, you and your husband, and your parents would just be 5 guests.
My two sisters are already booked to join us. We'd come in at 7 with my parents. Bit of a bummer.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #83
LaurenM
Mouseketeer

I am worried about not getting the time that we want as well. We are shooting for Oct 1st 9AM at Luau Beach. If for some reason that does not happen we will do Narcossees landing at 9AM. Either way, we want a 9AM time slot.

What time do you think I should ask the hair and makeup lady to come? Were staying at CRS so it will be a little bit of a drive in the limo to be over there.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:54 PM   #84
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I posted this on the main board, and littlestinkerebell replied (thankyou) but I thought some of you may be able to help too.
I would love to have a memories VR next March. We have a Disney dream cruise booked, leaving Sunday, and we'd love to have our VR that morning and then head straight to the ship. I've read elsewhere that you cannot have your wedding on a check-out day. Does anyone know if that applies to the memories or if it is flexible (maybe as I'm off on a disney cruise). I know I can't book for a while yet, but don't want to get my hopes up if not possible. I guess we could try and book it for Saturday but love the idea of heading straight to the ship.
Thanks everyone. Have loved reading all your posts!

5-night Wonder from Miami trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078323

fredgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #85
LaurenM
Mouseketeer

Thats a really good question, I honestly have no clue if that still applies to the Memories Collection. I would give them a call and ask the disney wedding line. I would think that maybe they would work with you considering you are checking out, but your heading for a Disney Cruise.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #86
mommary
DIS Veteran

So glad to see this thread resurface!!!
Just got a e mail from Rev Jack saying he is penciling me in for the date (October) I hope to get when I call about our memories vow renewal in April.
He said my packet will be in the mail in about 7 days.
Can I ask anyone who has used him how it went?
His site looks good and he looks pleasant. I really don't feel like shopping around.
I just want someone who will make it special and not feel to rushed.
thanks!!!
mommary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #87
LaurenM
Mouseketeer

Mommary- What date in October are you shooting for??

Old 03-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #88
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Just heard the rumour on the main wedding forum about the new dvc being built near the wedding pavilion. I'm not familiar with the site. Just wondering if it will effect luau beach? Link to plans below. Thanks
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2681226

5-night Wonder from Miami trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078323

fredgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #89
Eviey
Mouseketeer

Looking at the picture posted it looks like it is on the beach near GF so it wouldn't effect the Luau Beach since it is between the WP and Poly.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #90
mommary
DIS Veteran

I am looking at Oct 22 at 3PM at Conch Key. My anniversary is the 23rd but I'm thinking it might be nice to have that day to relax.
Will see what they tell me is available.
mommary is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: