Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2011, 08:11 AM   #31
mommary
DIS Veteran

Very exiting!!!
Do they send you photos of the bouquets you can chose from?
Do you think you will do any of the add on's?
mommary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #32
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommary View Post
My husband does not know he is doing tea at Garden View yet but he will go along with whatever I want. He's a good guy I'm very lucky which is why I want to do this VR.
I must also admit I got the idea for the tea from LittleStinkerBelle, she did a tea after her VR and I thought it was a great idea. I did not know what to do.
I am hoping for a 3pm time slot so its to early for dinner. I thought about going to Mizner's lounge and doing champagne and ordering one of the mini wedding cakes but the tea is perfect. I have done it many times before with my girls and it is quite filling.
Then we could do a late snack in DTD if we're hungry. My hubby likes to smoke a cigar at the cigar bar there... everybody wins!!!!
BTW how do you do that "quote" thing?
I have said before I am a not very advanced with technology...... I only figured out how to put that photo on the side the other day after years of being on the boards
thanks
I LOVE the tea idea...and I really do love the champagne idea, too. Hmm. I did the tea once there with my BFF and it was awesome! Also, we never go to DTD so that might be fun! Good ideas!

Okay, quotes. On the bottom right of the posts there a button that says "quote" and one with these: " that is for multi quoting, like i did in this post. You have to have a certain number of posts before you can quote or multi quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchaholic View Post
yay, we received our planning package and our honeymoon registry card

so far I have decided on the bold and bright bouquet it's very tropical
we have decided to have the in room celebration instead of the limo
we are mostly decided on kevin knox wife (she is a notary) Theresa as our officiant

so the planning is well under way.... we have a breakfast celebration at kona booked for after the ceremonie.
Woo hoo! Nice on breakfast, I love Kona! It's 9am? The ceremony? and yes, pictures of flowers, please!

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #33
lizbd23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
so the planning is well under way.... we have a breakfast celebration at kona booked for after the ceremonie.
We just booked (actually still waiting on the letter of agreement - I'll have it by the end of the week) our 9am ceremony at Luau Beach.

Is your ceremony at 9am? We're trying to decide where and when we want to have our celebration meal. I'm thinking a lunch meal but don't know. We're thinking of adding on some extra photo time so we probably won't be able to have a breakfast meal.

Plus, we're going to try and order a "fancy" small wedding cake to have at the restaurant we eat our meal at.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #34
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbd23 View Post
We just booked (actually still waiting on the letter of agreement - I'll have it by the end of the week) our 9am ceremony at Luau Beach.

Is your ceremony at 9am? We're trying to decide where and when we want to have our celebration meal. I'm thinking a lunch meal but don't know. We're thinking of adding on some extra photo time so we probably won't be able to have a breakfast meal.

Plus, we're going to try and order a "fancy" small wedding cake to have at the restaurant we eat our meal at.
yep, were at 9:00 am on july 30th on luau beach, the ceremony is only 1 hour start to finish, so I am gonna want some tonga toast after all that!
we also want to order a wedding cake for after the ceremony.
WLV-jan 2nd,2010 , AKL july 2011 , ASMo2012 , AKV 2012 , july 2013 Universal/SW/DC
stitchaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #35
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

(QUOTE)Woo hoo! Nice on breakfast, I love Kona! It's 9am? The ceremony? and yes, pictures of flowers, please![/QUOTE]

I tried a copy paste of the flowers, but it is a PDF so it won't allow it, when I get home today I will see if i can find a photo somewhere else.

now the dress stress, I work in transport and wear steel cap boots most days and jeans, I am a total tomboy, and I hate my legs (i suppose doesn't matter with a wedding dress), my chest is way too large (yes, i am complaining about this ), I was looking at tiggerrficheidi's dress, whick is gorgeous, but she is tall and slim ,so it won't have the same effect on me , i got an app on my iphone for dresses, i will start there
WLV-jan 2nd,2010 , AKL july 2011 , ASMo2012 , AKV 2012 , july 2013 Universal/SW/DC
Old 02-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #36
mommary
DIS Veteran

What about music for the ceremony.... can you pick your own?
Old 02-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #37
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What about music for the ceremony.... can you pick your own?

yes, you can pick your own music, they give you some choices, but you can also provide your own music, you get to pick 3 songs for the memory package
Old 02-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #38
mommary
DIS Veteran

You have to bring your own sheet music or you can just tell them what you'd like. I'm glad that we can make it more personal with our own songs.
thanks
Old 02-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #39
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You have to bring your own sheet music or you can just tell them what you'd like. I'm glad that we can make it more personal with our own songs.
thanks
I think it probably depends what song you are asking for. If you ask for something that's lesser known and their violinists haven't performed it before then maybe they would ask you to provide the sheet music for your selection . We asked for Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, which wasn't on the list but I figured would be no problem since it's Disney and I've seen other people use it at their weddings.

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #40
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Quote:
I tried a copy paste of the flowers, but it is a PDF so it won't allow it, when I get home today I will see if i can find a photo somewhere else.

now the dress stress, I work in transport and wear steel cap boots most days and jeans, I am a total tomboy, and I hate my legs (i suppose doesn't matter with a wedding dress), my chest is way too large (yes, i am complaining about this ), I was looking at tiggerrficheidi's dress, whick is gorgeous, but she is tall and slim ,so it won't have the same effect on me , i got an app on my iphone for dresses, i will start there
There's an app for that? No way! Cool!

No one really loves their body, and no one has a perfect body...you will find something that works for you.

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #41
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

does anyone know if we get the AP's with the memory package like you do with wishes and escape weddings ?
Old 02-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #42
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

No Annual Passes—another way they keep the costs down.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #43
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
No Annual Passes—another way they keep the costs down.
ya, i just saw that, It would have been an excellent bonus , with the extra photography and the cake we want to add on, plus the 20% discount and the passes, it's almost worth it to upgrade to an escape..... which with the discount would be 3800.00 for sunset point, hmmmmm
Old 02-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #44
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

anybody know the value of the cake you get with the escape package ?
Old 02-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #45
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ya, i just saw that, It would have been an excellent bonus , with the extra photography and the cake we want to add on, plus the 20% discount and the passes, it's almost worth it to upgrade to an escape..... which with the discount would be 3800.00 for sunset point, hmmmmm
Sounds like the calculation could come out close with those add-ons! For some reason $250 sticks in my head re: the Escpae cake but I could be totally wrong. Also keep in mind that Sunset Pointe is only available from Oct. - March.

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: