Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

Last minute at Magic Kingdom!

Sorry - no time for a search! We are cruising out of Port Canaveral this Sunday Feb 6. We were going to fly in a day early but with snow in the forecast we changed our flight to Friday. So now we have a whole day in Orlando! Hoping to surprise DS (almost 4) with a trip to Magic Kingdom. But I need answers!!!

1. How much are tickets for the day? 2 Adults/One Child
2. Should I buy tickets at the gate?
3. Renting a car - is it free to park?
4. Anything going on in the area that will make this weekend be particularly crowded?

So excited!! Thanks for your help! Had to change a bunch of plans this week and am now overwhelmed, especially since DS is home sick with an ear infection.

MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewsMommy View Post
Sorry - no time for a search! We are cruising out of Port Canaveral this Sunday Feb 6. We were going to fly in a day early but with snow in the forecast we changed our flight to Friday. So now we have a whole day in Orlando! Hoping to surprise DS (almost 4) with a trip to Magic Kingdom. But I need answers!!!

1. How much are tickets for the day? 2 Adults/One Child
2. Should I buy tickets at the gate?
3. Renting a car - is it free to park?
4. Anything going on in the area that will make this weekend be particularly crowded?

So excited!! Thanks for your help! Had to change a bunch of plans this week and am now overwhelmed, especially since DS is home sick with an ear infection.
1. There are no discounts on one-day tickets, so you're paying a premium. Including tax, it'll be $87.33 per adult and $78.81 for your son. So $253.47 for the three of you.
2. Sure. Unless you want to buy them somewhere else. The price will be the same either way.
3. Not unless you're staying on property. Parking is $14.
4. Nope.

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Where are you planning to stay? You can book a room at one of the resorts for the night and not have to pay to park. Since you have to stay over anyway, might as well enjoy the Disney magic as long as possible!

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
Disneycrazymom
DIS Veteran

The only 1 day ticket discount I know of would be this program:

http://www.fhfoundation.com/Disney/m...e/mainpage.htm

I have never used it and so don't know anything more than it exists.

Disneycrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycrazymom View Post
The only 1 day ticket discount I know of would be this program:

http://www.fhfoundation.com/Disney/m...e/mainpage.htm

I have never used it and so don't know anything more than it exists.
I'm not sure this would be practical, since the OP would need to make an $85 donation for EACH one day / one park ticket. So it would cost them $255 as opposed to $253.47 if you just buy them at the park. Plus, there's likely some lag time between making the donation and having the tickets delivered. And the OP is visiting this coming Sunday!

But it's good to know of the program, since money donated would help a good cause!

Old 02-01-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
Disneycrazymom
DIS Veteran

Sorry I didn't really pay enough attention to the fact she would be there so soon. So no it probably won't work for her.

It could "save" if it would become a tax deduction for the donation.

Disneycrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #7
kerri0616
DIS Veteran

After our 2 cruises, we stayed one night in a resort. Rather than spend hundreds for a few hours in a park, we had a great day at Downtown Disney. Your son might enjoy T-rex or RFC.

Have fun!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #8
DCbride
DIS Veteran

If you are flying into MCO you can use ME to get from the airport to the resort. I think staying onsite for Fri and Sat would be very exciting for him. And that is great that you were able to change your flight and not have to stress about making it.

Disney Trips with the kids 1993 Poly 1995 BC 1996 Dixie Landings 1998 BC 2001 SoG 2004 SoG 2006 Dolphin 2008 Magic Villa 3, Mickey's Clubhouse 2009 CSR in March, April, Aug. Sept & Nov 2010 CSR, WL & WL CL, SoG 2011 SoG, CSR, SoG, Mariott, Kidani 2012 Marriott, BC, WLV/AoA 2013 Marriott, AoA, AoA 2014 Pop, AoA, BC, Bay Lake
DCbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #9
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycrazymom View Post
Sorry I didn't really pay enough attention to the fact she would be there so soon. So no it probably won't work for her.

It could "save" if it would become a tax deduction for the donation.
From what I remember of tax code, you can only deduct the portion of your donation that is not related to any "premium" you may receive for the donation. If you get something in return, you can't deduct the amount (or, at least, not the whole amount). Whenever I give to a group that promises a premium or award for a specific level of giving ("Donate $25 and receive a lapel pin", for example), the receipt always includes something like, "Amount donated: $25; tax-deductible amount: $18".

So they'd obviously have to look into it.

Something else to consider ... chances are the charity received a group of comp tickets to give away as premiums for donations. It's likely that the tickets have "Comp" or "Complimentary" written on them somewhere. Which means they can't be upgraded in any way.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #10
CTmommyx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post
From what I remember of tax code, you can only deduct the portion of your donation that is not related to any "premium" you may receive for the donation. If you get something in return, you can't deduct the amount (or, at least, not the whole amount). Whenever I give to a group that promises a premium or award for a specific level of giving ("Donate $25 and receive a lapel pin", for example), the receipt always includes something like, "Amount donated: $25; tax-deductible amount: $18".

So they'd obviously have to look into it.

Something else to consider ... chances are the charity received a group of comp tickets to give away as premiums for donations. It's likely that the tickets have "Comp" or "Complimentary" written on them somewhere. Which means they can't be upgraded in any way.

I had looked into these tickets and you can not claim them and they also can not be upgraded
Old 02-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #11
Straitlover
DIS Veteran

Where are you staying? If yuo plan on staying offsite, be sure to take into acct the $14 parkign fee. It might make a room at a value cheaper.

What I did on our cruise last October was book a discounted room at AS Music for our arrival day (Fri) so we could get into DHS during EMH the following morning. We did the parks on Saturday, and then I found a cheap room right outside DTD for the night on Hotwire (right at $43 including tax - Orlando Vista - was fine for one night). That way we didn't have to drive all the way to the port after a long day of park hopping (we went to DHS, Epcot and MK!).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: