Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #91
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran
 
Vwdiva93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 676

Oh my gosh that was the first time you had a churro?! Churros are so amazing aren't they? We had them the other night at my college cafeteria and they were no where near as good as the ones at Disney (and Costco, they have the best!)

I really really love your family picture with Donald Duck. It's so cute, I can see why you all would use that as your Christmas card!

I must see the VOL next time I go to the World. They seem so amazing but everytime we go by the America pavilion we just breeze by it

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your adventure around the showcase with your Dad!
Vwdiva93 is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #92
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager
 
PlutosRHM55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?
Posts: 10,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwdiva93 View Post
Oh my gosh that was the first time you had a churro?! Churros are so amazing aren't they? We had them the other night at my college cafeteria and they were no where near as good as the ones at Disney (and Costco, they have the best!)

I really really love your family picture with Donald Duck. It's so cute, I can see why you all would use that as your Christmas card!

I must see the VOL next time I go to the World. They seem so amazing but everytime we go by the America pavilion we just breeze by it

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your adventure around the showcase with your Dad!
Yup... I had seen them everywhere, but I just decided to try them in Disney. I tried a lot of things in Disney, I go all out when I'm there. There is no stopping me. And yes, they are amazing-ly DELICIOUS! Oh, that's awesome! BTW, hows school going now? I know you were having trouble adjusting before so I wanted to ask. :D Oooo... Costco has them too? More reason to go there now...

Thanks! Yeah, we actually talked about it the moment we took the picture. Disney always seems to be the thing to put on Christmas cards, so it was going to happen, but I really pushed for it when we were making them LOL

Oh, definitely go see them! They are amazing! I think they usually come out before they start another show, which I still have to see My next trip I need to redeem myself completely.

I'll update ASAP!
PlutosRHM55 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-19-2011, 10:55 PM   #93
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran
 
Vwdiva93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Yup... I had seen them everywhere, but I just decided to try them in Disney. I tried a lot of things in Disney, I go all out when I'm there. There is no stopping me. And yes, they are amazing-ly DELICIOUS! Oh, that's awesome! BTW, hows school going now? I know you were having trouble adjusting before so I wanted to ask. :D Oooo... Costco has them too? More reason to go there now...

Thanks! Yeah, we actually talked about it the moment we took the picture. Disney always seems to be the thing to put on Christmas cards, so it was going to happen, but I really pushed for it when we were making them LOL

Oh, definitely go see them! They are amazing! I think they usually come out before they start another show, which I still have to see My next trip I need to redeem myself completely.

I'll update ASAP!
Yes Costco has the BEST churros ever! They're really big and they're only $1! Definitely worth it if you ask me, Lol!

Thanks for asking about school It's going a lot better, the first few days were really rough for me, being away from my parents and all. But it's definitely gotten better. It's hard meeting new people for me, but I love my roommates and we have our club fair this weekend so I'm hoping to meet some more people in the Disney Club!
Vwdiva93 is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 11:50 AM   #94
mimiloveswdw
Proud Hufflepuff
 
mimiloveswdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,210

I haven't commented in a long time...I think the day before I went to Disney was the last time actually. Anyway, I'm still here and all caught up!

My mom and sister said the pool at Kidani was AWESOME, but I never visited it when we stayed at AKL. It looks great from your pictures though!

Your pictures with characters all turned out great! The one with Fiesta Donald is really good! It's always nice to have a big family picture! Don't worry about a weird Meet and Greet with Mary Poppins. I always get flustered around them. I think I was about to cry when I met Mulan

Ugh sorry about obnoxious teenagers in The Land. It's really sad that a lot of the general teenage population is like that Why'd they have to go to Disney?!

No love for Maelstrom?? It's so pointless. I love it. You can get Fastpasses for it, you know. Forget Soarin', I'm going on the Maelstrom mad dash at 11!

I want to try the Mexico CS next trip! Is it outside? I always get confused if it is or not...maybe because I can't picture where it is It sounds really good though!

Did you get to watch the American Adventure? Or just the Voices of Liberty? I got to see AA last trip, but not the VoL. I love both

Can't wait to read more!!
__________________
--Amy, the Granny of the Post Wastin' Family
1996-Offsite 2001-ASM 2005-POP 2006-POP 2007-POP 2008-POFQ 2010-AKL Trip Report--Complete! 2011-WL Pre-Trip Report
Trip Report--Complete! 2012-POP



Listen with your heart; you will understand. Let it break upon you like a wave upon the sand.
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
It means no worries for the rest of your days. It's our problem-free philosophy: Hakuna Matata!
Now I'm climbing the walls. But you don't notice at all...that I'm going out of my mind, all day and all night.
People do crazy things...when they're in love.
mimiloveswdw is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #95
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager
 
PlutosRHM55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?
Posts: 10,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwdiva93 View Post
Yes Costco has the BEST churros ever! They're really big and they're only $1! Definitely worth it if you ask me, Lol!

Thanks for asking about school It's going a lot better, the first few days were really rough for me, being away from my parents and all. But it's definitely gotten better. It's hard meeting new people for me, but I love my roommates and we have our club fair this weekend so I'm hoping to meet some more people in the Disney Club!
Ooooo... I got to grab some next time I'm there

That's good to hear. I've heard it's sometimes hard to get good roommates and that's nice you have ones you like. Hope you have a nice time meeting at the club fair! You should definitely mention the DIS to them or see if any of them are on the DIS, that would be cool (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiloveswdw View Post
I haven't commented in a long time...I think the day before I went to Disney was the last time actually. Anyway, I'm still here and all caught up!

My mom and sister said the pool at Kidani was AWESOME, but I never visited it when we stayed at AKL. It looks great from your pictures though!

Your pictures with characters all turned out great! The one with Fiesta Donald is really good! It's always nice to have a big family picture! Don't worry about a weird Meet and Greet with Mary Poppins. I always get flustered around them. I think I was about to cry when I met Mulan

Ugh sorry about obnoxious teenagers in The Land. It's really sad that a lot of the general teenage population is like that Why'd they have to go to Disney?!

No love for Maelstrom?? It's so pointless. I love it. You can get Fastpasses for it, you know. Forget Soarin', I'm going on the Maelstrom mad dash at 11!

I want to try the Mexico CS next trip! Is it outside? I always get confused if it is or not...maybe because I can't picture where it is It sounds really good though!

Did you get to watch the American Adventure? Or just the Voices of Liberty? I got to see AA last trip, but not the VoL. I love both

Can't wait to read more!!
Oh, it's okay! Glad you caught up!

It's really fun and the thing is, we never really found that many people were there, which is nice after a crazy day in the parks. By the end of the night, we were practically the only ones there and when we took the pictures of us going down the slide, we were the only ones there, it was cool.

Thanks! (: It was so much fun meeting Donald and he was the one who set up the photo, which was the best part. It definitely gets awkward with face character M&Gs. I want to do more since you get to talk to them, but still I was nervous. Hopefully I won't act so weird next time I meet one of them.

I know right! They really need to grow up sometimes. They just are too independent and just don't get it. I'm so glad I haven't run into them in Disney and when my school was in Disney, I never heard of complaints about them *breathes*

LOL, that's the point because the ride has no point. Some parts of it are cool, but... you can get a better experience on other water rides like Splash or Kali, so I just don't bother with it. I may try it out again because of the short waits, but I'm not sure :/

Yep, it is outside. There is a TS inside, then the one connected to the CS outside. Just remember to look towards the lagoon when going by Mexico and it's right there, hopefully it won't be too crowded. I've heard mixed reviews besides me so I hope you like it

I never got to see AA sadly. I've heard it's fairly good, but the Voices of Liberty were enough entertainment, they are amazing! I got to make sure if I go to see the show, I will come a few minutes before just to listen to VoL again

I'll update ASAP! (:
PlutosRHM55 is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #96
dia
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 49

Makes me so excited for my trip in Nov!
dia is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #97
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager
 
PlutosRHM55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?
Posts: 10,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by dia View Post
Makes me so excited for my trip in Nov!
Thank you! (: Hope you have a great time at World in November!
PlutosRHM55 is offline  
Old 08-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #98
StephaniexMarie
Have a zip a dee doo dah day!
 
StephaniexMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 638

Hey Timmy! I'm loving your trip report. Just wanted to leave a quick comment to let you know I'm at chapter 5 now. I'd write more but my moms bugging me to get ready to run errands!
__________________
POP Century(Summer 2006,2007,2008,2009,2011)
Caribbean Beach Resort (8/2010)
Port Orleans French Quarter (11/2011)
Port Orleans Riverside (3/2012, 11/2012)
Polynesian Resort (11/2011, 7/2012, 3/2013)
Wilderness Lodge (7/2012)
Art of Animation (3/2013, 11/2013)
Saratoga Springs (7/2013)
Coronado Springs (11/2013, 1/2014)

Follow me on Instagram - stephaniexmarie
StephaniexMarie is offline  
Old 08-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #99
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager
 
PlutosRHM55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?
Posts: 10,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaniexMarie View Post
Hey Timmy! I'm loving your trip report. Just wanted to leave a quick comment to let you know I'm at chapter 5 now. I'd write more but my moms bugging me to get ready to run errands!
Hi Stephanie! Glad you're enjoying the report. (: Can't wait to hear what you think of it!
PlutosRHM55 is offline  
Old 08-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #100
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager
 
PlutosRHM55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?
Posts: 10,372

CHAPTER 16: OUR TREK AROUND THE GLOBE COMMENCES!

Once, my mom and sisters were on their way to take the easier way of moving around World Showcase... by boat, my dad and I began our trek around the world. Saying goodbye to the American Adventure, we moved on to Japan.

When we arrived in Japan, nature’s calling was upon us again and my dad needed to use the restroom. We had no clue where the bathrooms were here so after listening to the drums for a little bit, we bee-lined for Teppan Edo or one of the CSs there. After talking to a CM, we found out they were on the second floor. After climbing up the stairs and getting to the entrance of the restaurant noticing a huge line, we decided we would wait for another rest stop and with that, we left Japan.

Continuing our trek around the “globe”, we ended up in Morocco. We didn’t ever really stop in Morocco, but we did see there was some entertainment on the stage by the lagoon, I think a belly dancer came out but we could barely see anything. With nothing of interest, we marched on.

For anyone who understands the layout of World Showcase well, we were now in France. Here, we saw a Chef and his little acrobat waiter putting on a show. They were stacking/balancing chairs as well as bottles. It was pretty cool. We stopped to watch for awhile, but we didn't want to stay too long. We continued on and then hit a dead end.

I'm sure most are laughing at us right about now, knowing how stupid we were not to have studied the map hard enough to know, there was an elusive bridge you had to cross to get to the other half of World Showcase when we were heading straight towards the International Gateway. We soon discovered this when I pulled out my map and re-aligned ourselves to head into the next country, the UK!

At the UK, we just leisurely walked by, seeing if there was anything to really do. We did end up seeing Alice and Mary Poppins having some meet and greets. My dad asked if I wanted to go meet them, but I had already met Mary and I wasn't interested in Alice, though this one was very bubbly. You could hear her all the way to the lagoon. This is another one of those regrets I had on my first trip. Oh well, always next time!

At long last, we were at the last country in World Showcase, Canada. This was a place already near and dear to my dad and I since my nana (his mom, of course) was a native Canadian. She passed away long before this trip, but we've always had a big does of Canadian blood in us, so when we saw the photo opp outside the pavilion, we took a moment to get a picture:


My dad and I did not know, even after we saw the picture, the girl was there, it's really strange that we missed her. I think she showed up right before we took the picture. Awkward...

After that, knowing my mom and sisters were waiting for us, we didn't want to spend too much time, we sped by the pavilion, but then noticed Off-Kilter playing. So we stopped again to listen to them:



We then found ourselves at the end of World Showcase and my mom or sisters were nowhere to be in sight. I texted DOS to see where they were at and in mid-(impatient)-pace we spotted these guys:



We've spotted a few ducks around WS, but it was right here where we noticed a ton. Those were not the only ducks there. I kinda preoccupied myself just watching them. Ducks are an amazing source of entertainment you know? Forget Criss Angel, Contortionists fitting themselves into boxes an 1/8 the size of the of themselves when you've got ducks walking right beside you. I know these guys were doing some interesting things, but it's been so long I've forgotten what

Soon enough, we found out they were just at the entrance to World Showcase getting off the boat launch near Canada. We did find them there not knowing what exactly to do. This was probably the only moment we were stuck in a rut. Shocking, right? While we ponder what we did next lemme show you what was happening with my mom and sisters while my dad and I finished the long walk around the World:







Yeah, pretty boring. I would've given you a more glamorous view of our lovely trek around the world, but my dad had his camera and he wouldn't let me touch it, because first thing it wasn't his, it was one he borrowed from work. He was only responsible for mainly the character photos, but for the most part my mom and sisters took the pictures. I asked my dad if I could've taken a picture during our journey, but he just wouldn't let me. I promise I'll give you a more intriguing and captivating view into when I make another lap around the world.

Alright so as I said we were in a rut and this rut was deep, because I can't remember what we did next. I have a feeling this was when my dad and DOS went to check out Test Track. DYS and I were apprehensive of that particular ride at the time so when it was decided that was our next move we stayed back.

I have a feeling we went back to check-out Canada when we ran into Leslie (the DisFreak 9th Grade Teacher at my school who I DIDN'T have) and her daughters after they had completed a Kim Possible mission. We chatted with them for a bit and got into Pin Trading. This was kinda the conversation where I truly pulled into the world because as you know now from my last report, I have a decent-sized collection for a first timer. We didn't talk with them for long and they left on another mission.

I don't know when and I don't know how, but this picture fits into all these events that ocurred:




After this, we met up with my dad and DOS after their Test Track pleading with us to go on, telling DYS and I it wasn't too bad. We agreed, but currently we had an ADR to get to. With all things back in order, we headed back off towards the Land.

CHAPTER 17: THE BEST THANKSGIVING FEAST EVER WITH A NICE SURPRISE! coming soon!
PlutosRHM55 is offline  
Old 08-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #101
mimiloveswdw
Proud Hufflepuff
 
mimiloveswdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,210

SNAP I'm first!! We've all been in those ruts, don't worry about it. Ducks are entertaining, there's no way around it. That's too bad you never had the Disney fan teacher! I'd be upset too! GARDEN GRILL I THINK?! Woot! I hope you liked TT!

LOL most concise comment EVER.
__________________
--Amy, the Granny of the Post Wastin' Family
1996-Offsite 2001-ASM 2005-POP 2006-POP 2007-POP 2008-POFQ 2010-AKL Trip Report--Complete! 2011-WL Pre-Trip Report
Trip Report--Complete! 2012-POP



Listen with your heart; you will understand. Let it break upon you like a wave upon the sand.
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
It means no worries for the rest of your days. It's our problem-free philosophy: Hakuna Matata!
Now I'm climbing the walls. But you don't notice at all...that I'm going out of my mind, all day and all night.
People do crazy things...when they're in love.
mimiloveswdw is offline  
Old 08-21-2011, 10:06 PM   #102
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager
 
PlutosRHM55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?
Posts: 10,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiloveswdw View Post
SNAP I'm first!! We've all been in those ruts, don't worry about it. Ducks are entertaining, there's no way around it. That's too bad you never had the Disney fan teacher! I'd be upset too! GARDEN GRILL I THINK?! Woot! I hope you liked TT!D
LOL most concise comment EVER.
WOOT! (:

Oh thank goodness! I was so worried I was being a bad Diser for the zillionth time LOL

They are, especially in World Showcase. They've shown up on so many TRs besides mine, it's insane! They are DisFamous!

I was really upset, but it was because I'm in an advanced math class and she only teaches the regular math and the double advanced math so I was out. :/ But I still got an awesome team!

I'm not giving it away... but it is in the Land Though Garden Grill is the only TS in the land... still not giving it away LOL
PlutosRHM55 is offline  
Old 08-22-2011, 10:29 AM   #103
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran
 
Vwdiva93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 676

Oh my gosh that picture with the random little girl made me crack up! I saw that and was like...wait that's definitely not one of his sisters!! You're right that is super awkward...but you'll always have that funny photo to show people at least! Lol.

I love the ducks too, they really are entertaining Can't wait to hear about your ADR!
Vwdiva93 is offline  
Old 08-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #104
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager
 
PlutosRHM55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?
Posts: 10,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwdiva93 View Post
Oh my gosh that picture with the random little girl made me crack up! I saw that and was like...wait that's definitely not one of his sisters!! You're right that is super awkward...but you'll always have that funny photo to show people at least! Lol.

I love the ducks too, they really are entertaining Can't wait to hear about your ADR!
Yeah, I never really looked at the picture too well and so when I posted it up on Facebook and saw her I was like: "Where did that girl come from?" My friends thought it was hilarious. Really awkward to see that when you come home from a trip LOL

They are just so entertaining. I'm still trying to remember exactly what was so funny about what they were doing. It was really funny, but I guess that memory is lost

I'll update ASAP! I have a feeling it may have to be split into two parts
PlutosRHM55 is offline  
Old 08-23-2011, 04:59 AM   #105
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,000

I am always up for a walk around World Showcase, so thanks for the pictures. Have you explored many of the exhibits, like the Viking stuff, the Japanese toys, or the Tomb Warriors?

You DIS teens just keep working hard to give all teenagers a better reputation. You have your work cut out for you to offset some of the kids that get ridiculous when they are away from adult supervision and with their peers. Sometimes they do and say things that they think will be 'cool' in front of their peers, but they really just end up showing their ignorance. Just remember that we (adults) respect you guys for your goodness and would rather hang out with you any day than with a bunch of silly goofs like them. For the most part, if you get them alone, they are pretty good kids, too, but they are trying to figure out where they fit in their world. Unfortunately, they often do and say things to mask insecurities and make fun of others to make themselves look better. They fail miserably, too.
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: