Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #61
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeysgirl34 View Post
Awesome update Timmy!
SORCERER MICKEY REPRESENT. <3
I've always loved Fantasmic myself. It never gets old! I recorded the WHOLE thing this year while my mom took pictures.
Thanks Val! I'm glad you liked it. (:

Haha, Sorcerer Mickey is the best Mickey there is Seriously, he is, not just re-iterating you, he is.

Fantasmic is such a great show. There is nothing out there like it. And DID YOU SERIOUSLY RECORD THE WHOLE THING?! Now, you have to update your TR now, I want to see that video!!!! If you don't... let's just say a few characters will be missing from the Disney Parks hehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
I finally got the chance to catch up on this!
I love that you guys love the great movie ride It's a good one!
And you ran into so many street performers that day! Wow! That's awesome!
I booked Sci Fi for my Christmas trip... I hope it's not a mistake. I think it'll be fine.. I really want to eat there again. Oh well.. I guess we'll see how it goes!
I'm glad you enjoyed fantasmic! I haven't seen that show in SO LONG! i should really go.
WOOT! WOOT! Glad you caught up

The Great Movie Ride is awesome! I think that may have been one of the rides on this trip we rode the most, possibly the ride we rode the most LOL

The Street Performers were EVERYWHERE that day. I had to drag my mom away from them so we could go on some rides (Remember I was a noob). There was no escaping the Citizens of Hollywood MWAHAHAHA

I think SciFi is something you should just try and see how it goes. I've heard so many people glorify the place and go back for the atmosphere (It is really cool when you first walk in there), so don't just take it from me. Also, I sorta liked it after I got out, but looking back on it after the other ADRs we had, I feel it wasn't totally worth it. You get a lot more out of other dining experiences, but if you liked it the first time, you'll like it the second

Fantasmic is a must-do for me now. I missed it on my last trip () and I regret it, especially after watching it on YouTube when I got home. It will go into my planning for future trips now, indefinitely. Take my word for it, don't miss it and though I said this in the TR, get there early. I didn't see it on my last trip, but I almost did (long story), I was there and it was only minutes before the show and the line was almost all the way down Sunset Boulevard.

I hope I didn't ramble on too long in this reply LOL
Old 07-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #62
Mickeysgirl34
"Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future." - Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Thanks Val! I'm glad you liked it. (:

Haha, Sorcerer Mickey is the best Mickey there is Seriously, he is, not just re-iterating you, he is.

Fantasmic is such a great show. There is nothing out there like it. And DID YOU SERIOUSLY RECORD THE WHOLE THING?! Now, you have to update your TR now, I want to see that video!!!! If you don't... let's just say a few characters will be missing from the Disney Parks hehehe
TRUTH. (:

Hahaha. I'll have to see if I can upload it.

Put your faith in what you most believe in
Two worlds one family

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #63
PlutosRHM55

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeysgirl34 View Post
TRUTH. (:

Hahaha. I'll have to see if I can upload it.
YEEEESSS!!! I suggest YouTube.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #64
PlutosRHM55

CHAPTER 10: WAKING UP TO THE BEAT OF THE DRUMS

So, for anyone who saw the little reference in the title or remember the outline of days I had at the beginning of this TR, today was Animal Kingdom Day! Yep, finally the resort closest to us came on the third day, WOOT! WOOT!

So, I think this morning I ended up getting every one up at a decent time, well except my dad. He was being the killjoy (or should I say bump-on-a-log :P) again and woke up just as we were all ready to go! He told us he would go meet us at Animal Kingdom later. We all didn't really want to leave him, but he would be there soon enough. Wasn't going to stop our fun right?

So, we went out to the bus stop and, for anyone who hasn't stayed at one of the AKL resorts, they have some nice little theme music playing while you're there and every morning, on our balcony (our room was right above the bus stop area) and at the bus stops, they'd have really cool African drum music playing. They also played this stuff in the elevators (ELEVATOR MUSIC <3) It was pretty cool and I think today we ended up dancing to the music just because we're goofy like that.

We got out to the bus stop and went to the one for the bus to Animal Kingdom. There wasn't really anyone around this morning, so nobody was waiting in line for the AK bus. We did have to wait a bit longer though for the bus, even after many Downtown Disney buses came by (I think), but it did arrive and we got on.

DOS and DYS on the bus:

The bus ride definitely felt shorter than the one to MK and about the same as DHS, so we were there in minutes. Once we got there and found our way out of the weird bus loop (seriously, that is just WAY too far away from the park), we took the obligatory Animal Kingdom sign photo:

We went to the entrance, put our tickets through and soon we found ourselves inside the Animal Kingdom. This was one of two parks (the other being Hollywood Studios), my parents had yet to experience from their various past trips (*jealous*), so it was a new experience for all of us. We walked past some CMs holding some little critters in cages (My mom was all freaked out ) and went to go grab some park maps. We found out they were in different languages, pretty cool, so my sister took the initiative and got one in Spanish to give to my Spanish teacher (whom was the worst teacher EVER!) and then went on our way.

Our plan of action originally was to go to Kilimanjaro Safaris because we heard that you want to go on that in the morning to see the animals. They never come out in the afternoon because of the heat, but since my dad wasn't there, we leisurely made our way over to the Tree of Life where we ended up going by "It's Tough to Be A Bug". I was interested in checking out another 3D show, so I pulled everyone in that direction. DYS was a bit hesitant, but I assured she would be fine.

When we got through the crazy long queue finally to the pre-show area to pick up our cool Bug-Eyed 3D glasses, DYS was even more apprehensive, to the point she was becoming hysterical. My mom and I tried to calm her down, but she really didn't want to see the show now. I think it may have been some of the posters she read on the way in, including one alerting to loud noises and points of complete darkness. We continued to try to persuade her, even some nice older guests tried to help us, but it was to no avail. My mom let DOS and I go on while she took DYS out to the exit. We sat with the group of older people who were very friendly and welcoming to us. We went into the theater right after DYS's breakdown and the show began...

I feel like the unpopular opinion on here, but I really REALLY enjoyed that show. I mean, PhilharMagic was fun and cute and all, but this just added a whole new level. DOS and I were so legitimately scared during the show, but we laughed so much by the end, it was great. This progressively became one of my favorite shows in Disney. We told my mom all about it and were so happy DYS didn't come in with us, she would've FLIPPED! We were about to go in again when my dad came around, but he was waiting for us by the Safari ride, so we headed that way.

We got a bit lost then, since we were new to all of this at the time and Animal Kingdom is so hard to navigate through with all the trees, but we finally got to Africa and Kilimanjaro Safaris. My dad ended up not being there, so we had to wait a bit when he finally showed up. We jumped right into line then.

The wait was a bit longer than the time it said outside, but we dealt with it. It wasn't exactly an enjoyable wait for this ride, with nothing really to do, but we got through it all. We got split up a few times during the waiting process, but we did end up together again. On the ride, we all ended up fairly close to the front and got to see a lot of the animals. DOS took the pictures and didn't have a great grip on the camera, so everything is a bit blurry, sorry:

It was a nice safari, overall and I thought the end was very cute. WE SAVED A BABY ELEPHANT! ^_^ When we got off, the day was definitely in full fruition and the sun was beating down on us. This was probably the hottest day yet and so... where do we head off to? Stay tuned.

CHAPTER 11: WHO KNEW ASIA WAS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF DINOSAURS? coming soon!
Old 07-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #65
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up now!

Wow that really is cool that you had African drum music playing outside the window, sounds very relaxing!

Yay for your first time at AK!! Haha yeah that bus loop is insane isn't it!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who had a bad Spanish teacher. I took Spanish all 4 years of hs, and only one of those 4 teachers actually taught me anything useful!

I really like It's Tough To Be A Bug too, I've only seen it once but I definitely enjoyed it! And that's saying something because I absolutely hate bugs! lol
Glad you had a good first safari ride too. Can't wait to hear more!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #66
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwdiva93 View Post
I'm all caught up now!

Wow that really is cool that you had African drum music playing outside the window, sounds very relaxing!

Yay for your first time at AK!! Haha yeah that bus loop is insane isn't it!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who had a bad Spanish teacher. I took Spanish all 4 years of hs, and only one of those 4 teachers actually taught me anything useful!

I really like It's Tough To Be A Bug too, I've only seen it once but I definitely enjoyed it! And that's saying something because I absolutely hate bugs! lol
Glad you had a good first safari ride too. Can't wait to hear more!
Awesome, glad to see you all caught up, Clarice (:

Oh, it was really cool. It actually was more-so intense drum playing so at points it was like "What is that?" than "Oh so relaxing" LOL

I just don't get that bus loop at all. I mean I get EPCOT's and Magic Kingdom's, but DHS's is nice and close and this is a ways away. I mean, you can't even see the entrance to the resort.

Well... so far she's been my only bad Spanish teacher. I practically lost a whole year of learning because of her. Thank goodness she liked me (she gave me an A, because of my efforts, go figure! Hahaha) But she was just an awful teacher. I mean, she let us use translators, which you so needed in her class, but that's not good, and I got a lot more out of the year before and my first year in High School than with her (she had a hard act to follow). And know what? She's a darn English teacher now! That really says something (though English is an awesome class )

LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOOOVVVVEEEE THAT SHOW!!! I just love Disney's 3D shows, there really is nothing like them. I could just ride that over again and come out all smiles everytime. I love the end where they have the "maggots, mites, roaches, etc. leave the theater" and you feel them crawling under you and everyone in the theater screams. I always just laugh. Hahahaha

I'll update ASAP!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #67
sue_88
DIS veteran

Enjoying the report!
I love the 3D movies. They are some of my favorite attractions. Although I think Toy Story Mania is my current favorite thing. I would really be happy if I could build a copy of it in my backyard.
I'm looking forward to reading more of your trip!

My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
Old 07-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #68
PlutosRHM55

CHAPTER 11: WHO KNEW ASIA WAS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF DINOSAURS?

So, as we said, it was a very hot day and just as if you were in Magic Kingdom on a hot day, you go to Splash Mountain, but when you are at Animal Kingdom, you go to Kali River Rapids. I've really wanted to do this ride since all the raft rides sound like tons of fun. Of course, it was delayed when we saw the wait time of 50 minutes. It was a bit long so we grabbed Fast Passes and headed further into Asia to... guess where? Expedition Everest.

I had contemplated that ride for most of the trip. I really wanted to try it, but then I would get all nervous and stuff after thinking about it. I'm strange like that Hahaha But after Space Mountain, I was going to just push on through. There was not a long way, only 20 minutes, so we just hopped right into line. Our decided seating arrangements were my mom and I, my sisters together and my dad all by himself again hehehe

Getting through the line, we finally made it up to the loading dock and got ready to go on the ride. The adrenaline was definitely pumping. I was so nervous, but as with Space Mountain, I would be glad that I did it in the end. Our train came around the corner and soon enough we were off in search of the Yeti!

Now, I'll just skip the ride and go on ahead and say... I LOVED IT! I mean, it was nervewracking at certain points, especially where "there doesn't seem to be any track", but I overall enjoyed it, though I totally missed Disco Yeti. Seriously, they should really get that in a better state Well, Disney has A LOT to do, so we can only be patient. :/ Still, this is my favorite ride in Disney to date.

Once we got off, we still had a bit of time before our FP was ready, so we wandered around a bit. I don't really remember exactly where we went, but I think we may have just relaxed or watch the monkeys in the little "jungle gym" thing by the area hiding KRR. But we got to Kali River Rapids soon enough. My mom got nervous because she had her purse and a bunch of other stuff with her and didn't know if she could bring it with her, but I assured her, there is a place to put them on the ride Thank goodness it wasn't in the wet zone during the ride *deep sigh*

The ride was great... I wouldn't say amazing since it was fairly short and unless you went backwards down the big drop, you would get soaked and of course that wasn't us, but the older couple we were with. The people who rode with us were all very nice by the way. My mom made a few more friends Well, we sorta all did, but my mom was the only one engaged in conversation hahaha In conclusion, Kali River Rapids would be something I would do again.

Once we got off, we decided to leave Asia, so we headed back towards Expedition Everest and went into Dinoland USA. We entered from the end near Finding Nemo: The Musical, so we found ourselves in Chester & Hester's Dinorama. There, we saw Primeval Whirl and decided to go on that. My dad sat this one out. We went on the left side track. It was fun, but I think my mom, sisters and I all had bruises on her hips after the ride. They need some more padding I also almost tripped when I was walking through the exit. Hahahaha I'm such a klutz.

After that, DYS wanted to go on Tricetop Spin. I really didn't want to go on it, but she did, so we got in line. Then DYS saw the ride going and thought it looked boring, so we hopped out of line, and continued on through Dinoland.

My dad and sisters ended up playing one of the sideshows and my dad won a bear. He offered it to my mom, but she didn't want it and so DYS got it. The funny thing was, it wasn't anywhere near related to Animal Kingdom hahaha The theming of the bear I mean.

We soon found ourselves in DINOSAUR territory...

No not there, over here--

There we are

And of course, the whole family:

See the bear?

I was a bit nervous about this ride, more than EE, so I wanted to sit it out. So my mom and DOS went on, while my dad, DYS went to find shade by the FP kiosks area. The bear was passed around while we waited for my mom and DOS. My mom had the camera so she took some pictures of her and my sister while waiting in line:

After awhile, we then headed over to the area behind the gift shop where my mom and DOS would exit to catch them as they got out. We waited a little bit when they finally appeared. We had to wave them over and they said the ride wasn't that bad. It just was loud and very bumpy. I thought that was enough for me, so my dad and I walked on.

The wait was fairly uneventful, a bit long, but uneventful, so I'll just skip to how I felt about the ride... I enjoyed it. It wasn't as scary as I thought. I mean, at certain points, I was a bit scared. The end was pretty intense and when you just barely miss the Pterodactyl, but it was fun all the same. The part where the T-Rex chases you was pretty cool, that's what you call taking Animatronics to a whole level. It wasn't my favorite, but I really liked it. Definitely a must-do for me (:

After our rides on DINOSAUR, we then slowly made our way back to Asia for our ADRs that day. Along the way, we saw some more animals:

We also saw these guys, who I heard are no longer working in the parks. Glad we got to see some of them:

We didn't stay around because we needed to get to our ADR, so off to another exotic meal we went!

CHAPTER 12: INTO THE JUNGLE WE GO HUNTING FOR FOOD AND ADVENTURE, HOPING TO FIND NEMO coming soon!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:32 PM   #69
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_88 View Post
Enjoying the report!
I love the 3D movies. They are some of my favorite attractions. Although I think Toy Story Mania is my current favorite thing. I would really be happy if I could build a copy of it in my backyard.
I'm looking forward to reading more of your trip!

Glad you are enjoying the TR so far!

Oh, I love the 3D movies! Disney just does them the right way. (: Oh, that would be awesome to have TSM in my backyard

I hope you enjoy the rest.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #70
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Subscribing to catch up!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #71
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Subscribing to catch up!
, Sarah!

Hope you enjoy it! (:
Old 07-26-2011, 11:50 PM   #72
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran

That's awesome you went on EE! Although it's not my #1 ride at Disney, it's definitely a close second, I LOVE the backwards part. I agree though, they really need to get that yeti fixed!

And oh man Dinosaur scares me so much! I mean I love thrill rides, but I definitely scream a ton on that one

Can't wait to hear where your ADR is at!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #73
mimiloveswdw
Proud Hufflepuff

So I'm a bit late but I'm joining in now!! I've just finished reading the first full day, but I'm going to go back and read some more You know, for a guy that "doesn't like Disney" your dad looks awfully happy in all the pictures

UGH thank goodness you made a point to say the bus ride from AKL to MK is only like 15 minutes. I read a review that said it was "a good 30 minutes away" and I got so mad. Not enough love for AKL around here. Makes meh sad.

I liked reading your experience of the day you left I always feel so awkward that day because I'm always the first one dressed and ready to go, so I end up watching random TV and trying to talk to my half-asleep, NOT morning people family members. Oof. Still great though!

Anyway, I'm here now reading along!

Listen with your heart; you will understand. Let it break upon you like a wave upon the sand.
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
It means no worries for the rest of your days. It's our problem-free philosophy: Hakuna Matata!
Now I'm climbing the walls. But you don't notice at all...that I'm going out of my mind, all day and all night.
People do crazy things...when they're in love.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #74
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwdiva93 View Post
That's awesome you went on EE! Although it's not my #1 ride at Disney, it's definitely a close second, I LOVE the backwards part. I agree though, they really need to get that yeti fixed!

And oh man Dinosaur scares me so much! I mean I love thrill rides, but I definitely scream a ton on that one

Can't wait to hear where your ADR is at!
I LOVE EE! If I could marry a ride in WDW, that would be it. And yeah, that Yeti really needs to be fixed. I heard they fixed it up a little two months or so ago, but then I heard people were still complaining. I got to talk to my CM friend about it.

It is very intense in that ride at certain points. I mean, it jerks, you have the guy screaming his head off through your time rover being all "YOU'RE NOT GONNA MAKE IT! YOU'RE NOT GONNA MAKE IT!" And all your senses are just assaulted... no, that's not the word, attacked with all this stuff coming at you. It's still very fun.

I'll update ASAP! Thanks for reading! (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiloveswdw View Post
So I'm a bit late but I'm joining in now!! I've just finished reading the first full day, but I'm going to go back and read some more You know, for a guy that "doesn't like Disney" your dad looks awfully happy in all the pictures

UGH thank goodness you made a point to say the bus ride from AKL to MK is only like 15 minutes. I read a review that said it was "a good 30 minutes away" and I got so mad. Not enough love for AKL around here. Makes meh sad.

I liked reading your experience of the day you left I always feel so awkward that day because I'm always the first one dressed and ready to go, so I end up watching random TV and trying to talk to my half-asleep, NOT morning people family members. Oof. Still great though!

Anyway, I'm here now reading along!
Glad to have you join! (: I hope you enjoy the rest of it. And yeah, my dad just tries to cover it up. When he's really uncomfortable, he usually laughs it all off. :/ If you were there, you could definitely tell his great disregard for Disney.

Did I say 15? Hmmm... maybe the thirty minutes would be better assumption. Now, I'm contradicting myself. I think MK was the furthest from that resort, well I thinks second to Epcot. I'm probably getting all this mixed up with ASMu. I'll just stop talking now Hahaha But AKL... I think it is a great resort. I would totally stay again. I don't care how far away it is from certain parks because the buses are very efficient there, so it all works out in the end

Hahahaha, that's how I totally was. I did take a little snooze on the way to the airport, but I'm pretty sure it lasted like 10 minutes I think we were all pretty excited that day since it was our first time, but everyone took it like a regular trip except for me Can you say "You know you're a Diser when..."? Teehee

I hope you enjoy the rest! (:
Old 07-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #75
mimiloveswdw
Proud Hufflepuff

Hmm yeah I stayed at Jambo House so maybe it was five minutes or so shorter, but I loved the busses at AKL. I used to stay at POP which is near AKL, maybe a little shorter to MK, but we had to stand ALL THE TIME so it seemed much further

Oh gosh, I'm a mess the morning before the plane. We usually have a VERY early flight, so it says a lot if I'm completely jumping off the walls at 3 in the morning

Listen with your heart; you will understand. Let it break upon you like a wave upon the sand.
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
It means no worries for the rest of your days. It's our problem-free philosophy: Hakuna Matata!
Now I'm climbing the walls. But you don't notice at all...that I'm going out of my mind, all day and all night.
People do crazy things...when they're in love.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: