Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #16
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchLovesElvis View Post
Loving the TR so far!

I'm going to be staying at the AKL for the first time this upcoming trip, so I'm glad you like it so far. I'm kinda disappointed that it's going to take that long of a ride to get to MK, but I think the beauty of AKL should more than make up for it!

Can't wait to read what happens next and I'm glad you enjoyed your first trip to WDW.
Thanks StitchLovesElvis, glad you are enjoying it!

Oh you are! Well have fun, it is a great place! They have lots of activities I never got to do there. The pool is great as well. It definitely makes up for being close to MK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachattack667 View Post
Awesome job Timmy
Thanks Zach
Old 05-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #17
Ariel-the-Mermaid
Earning My Ears

Are you gunna finish this??!?!?! I was really starting to get into your report.. dont leave us hanging!

Pre-Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post40990069
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #18
PlutosRHM55

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel-the-Mermaid View Post
Are you gunna finish this??!?!?! I was really starting to get into your report.. dont leave us hanging!
Yup! I just had to find all my pictures that were on my laptop and get them on here. I also editted it up a bit. I'll try to get an update as quick as I can Thanks for reading and staying with!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #19
PlutosRHM55

I just wanted to post that I'm very sorry to all my readers who have been waiting for an update from me. I got caught up in my second TR since the trip was more recent, but I don't want to leave this one unfinished. I've done some editting to past chapters and the introduction. I'm currently working on the next chapter, so be ready.

Another big announcement, in just 4 days it will be... MY BIRTHDAY! Yeah! So I just wanted to announce that. I will still get an update in, don't worry!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #20
PlutosRHM55

CHAPTER 3: IN THE DIS-ZONE (Part 1)

So after my epic triumph over Space Mountain I had a lot more confidence and was very excited for the rest of my day at the Magic Kingdom. We stayed in Tomorrowland a bit longer and went over to get in line for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. The line wasn't very long, but it did feel long. I think this was where we got a taste for long waits. We did get inside very swiftly and soon saw this guy:

Then, we were on the ride. I sat with DOS, while DYS, my mom and dad squished into one of their own:

The ride was pretty cool a lot better than I expected. I didn't like the fact you couldn't really shoot any thing because you could never see the laser, so it was a disappointment on that level, but the sets were just fantastic. I would probably go on it again.

After Buzz Lightyear my dad and DOS decided they wanted to ride Astro Orbitor, the ride in the middle of Tomorrowland. I really didn't have any interest in going on that ride since it didn't look like much, but DOS was really pushing it. DYS and my mom weren't really interested either, so we decided to bail them on this one. I took this opportunity to go check out the other side of the park since we pretty much did everything on this side (little did I know).

We kinda wandered a bit taking some bathroom breaks and such. My dad and DOS were taking awhile so we checked out a few places for souvenirs and food. Then, they finally showed up! They were pretty grumpy, so I'm guessing they had a less than stellar experience on Astro Orbitor. I will just give this story a quick few words: Annoyingly Happy Guy, Quick Ride, Long Wait and Added Antics. I guess you can see what happened there.

We proceeded to enter Frontierland. We headed on down through Frontierland and immediately saw some more character meet and greets. There was Donald and Goofy in their western attire, ready to meet & greet. Thus, there was a line and we decided against meeting them, but my mom took a picture of DYS in front of them:

We continued on down and soon saw the Country Bear Jamboree show. My mom was always raving about the shows at Disney and of course had to drag us into one. I was more in it for the attractions at this time, but my family actually agreed with her decision and I was disregarded, so we went on in.

The show was about to begin, so we didn't wait around in the lobby area before we were ushered into the show. After everyone was settled, the CM announced the beginning of the show and told us to wake up our MCs on the wall, as the curtains (doors) closed and the show began. I took out my phone to take non-flash pictures while it went on:

Then the finale came where flash pictures were allowed so my mom took out her camera then:

It turned out that I really enjoyed that show. It was very classic Disney and showed what the Country bears were really about. I loved the part with the little bear and his stuffed bear. I tried so hard to get a picture of him up close but was always late. Better luck next time!

After the show, it was about lunch time so everyone was a bit hungry. I really was pushing to go on Splash Mountain so we headed further down and saw Pecos Bill's. We went inside to get our meals. Unfortunatedly, we were having a bit of trouble with the kiosks and our Dining Plan card. We luckily powered through and got our meals. Everyone ordered burgers and I got a taco... well it really wasn't much of a taco since the thing was completely opened and I didn't notice the condiments bar with the toppings, though nothing really interested me. I did get a nice root beer so that sufficed for my failure of a taco. I did still eat it and it was... fairly good, though I divulged into my sister's burger and got some nourishment. Though, this was still very hard since the place was CROWDED.

When we got out of Pecos Bill's, we heard the parade was going to come by soon so we got across the street near Splash Mountain to watch the Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade from there. We, of course had to take pictures:

It was a great parade, the music was very nice and the floats were amazing. Sadly, I didn't know then they had a villains float and some other awesome floats, I would've come out earlier to see the parade. We did move back before the parade was fully over.

We now were planning to go back to Fantasyland and try "It's A Small World", when I looked over at Splash and saw some friends of ours, down there the same time as us on the ride. I told my mom and we tried to get their attention by calling out to them, but it was to no avail. So, we headed off back towards Fantasyland.

It was a bit of a walk from Frontierland to Fantasyland, since there was a lot of little things we had to go through to get there, but we got there soon enough. We found "It's A Small World" and got in line right away. The wait was a bit longer than some of our past waits, but we were inside so we got to look around at the classic Small World facade inside. I took a picture, but just as we moved so it's a bit fuzzy:

The line started moving a bit faster after taking that picture and soon enough we were in our boat. Then, we were off on the happiest voyage that ever sailed. My mom couldn't help herself but take pictures:

I had watched videos of this ride when I was younger, so it was nice to finally ride it. The song is kinda obnoxious, but with all the sets, you don't really notice it. Also, the language changes which makes it hard to understand. The ending was what frazzled me since there never was a little set with how to say "Hello and Goodbye" on wooden boards. I thought that was pretty cool, though the boats got backed up there. I still liked the ride (who wouldn't?)

After we got out of our boat and totally out of the ride, our next plan was to re-visit the lovely Frontierland to seek out some more thrills to quench my new thrill-seeking thirst...

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST...
Old 05-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #21
Mickeysgirl34
"Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future." - Walt Disney

Great update!

I remember last year that my mom dragged me into Country Bear Jamboree and I had mixed-feelings about seeing the show but I turned out loving it! You can't hate classics at Disney <3

Love the It's A Small World pictures too! I couldn't go on last year because it was closed for refurbishments ): I hope to go on this year.

Keep it up!

Put your faith in what you most believe in
Two worlds one family

Old 05-06-2011, 09:56 PM   #22
WDW!girlrox(:
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.<3

"..and I was disregarded.."
haha love it!

let me guess, next will be splash mountain!?

Now is right on time.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #23
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeysgirl34 View Post
Great update!

I remember last year that my mom dragged me into Country Bear Jamboree and I had mixed-feelings about seeing the show but I turned out loving it! You can't hate classics at Disney <3

Love the It's A Small World pictures too! I couldn't go on last year because it was closed for refurbishments ): I hope to go on this year.

Keep it up!
Thanks Val!

It is such a great show and no, you can't

It is a nice ride, though its a once over per trip for me. The standby-line annoys me and the ride... well you know, but I still love it. Definitely go on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW!girlrox(: View Post
"..and I was disregarded.."
haha love it!

let me guess, next will be splash mountain!?
Teehee
Thanks Lizzy!

Maybe.... maybe NOT! You'll just have to wait and see.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #24
jessidoll
Second Star To The Right And Straight On 'Till Morning.

Location: Either at Hogwarts causing some mischief or in Neverland fighting some pirates.

Hey,just started the TR but LOVE IT!!! I cant wait to read more!

Isn't it always?
Consilium non umquam.

I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #25
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessidoll View Post
Hey,just started the TR but LOVE IT!!! I cant wait to read more!
Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it I'll update ASAP
Old 05-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #26
jessidoll

Location: Either at Hogwarts causing some mischief or in Neverland fighting some pirates.

when ya gonna update??

Isn't it always?
Consilium non umquam.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #27
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
when ya gonna update??
I may update later tonight, but I have a bit of homework so I'm not sure.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #28
jessidoll

Hi

Isn't it always?
Consilium non umquam.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #29
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Hi
Hi! Working on an update, don't worry
Old 05-14-2011, 10:47 PM   #30
PlutosRHM55

CHAPTER 3: IN THE DIS-ZONE (Part 2)

After we escaped the clutches of the "Its A Small World queue, we searched through Fantasyland, for a passageway to Frontierland or Liberty Square. I took out my map and found away to get to Liberty Square, which was the closest to path to Frontierland. It also was apparently right around the corner from us.

I saw the Haunted Mansion as soon as we entered Liberty Square and requested to do that. I remembered then that a few good friends of my moms (and ours) were there, including the lady who helped put our trip together, so I told this to my mom. She called them up, when across the way, at one of the photo ops with the old shackles, was one of our good friends. They were waiting in line, so we took the chance and snuck up behind them. My mom went up and tapped her (the mother) on her shoulder and she turned around to see us and was totally surprised. She started chattering away after getting the photo and just talking with us for awhile. Then, she asked what we were doing next and my mom pointed towards Haunted Mansion. She agreed, though she already went on it that morning. Then, another one of my mom's friends, someone she works with shows up. We all gathered together and headed as a huge mob into the Haunted Mansion queue.

We seemed to be bouncing up and down our queue with our huge group. Everyone was talking with someone else or listening in on a conversation. We also were trying to split up the group so every person had a partner on the ride. I didn't really find anyone until later, since DOS went with my-mom's-first-friend-we-met's daughter (one of them, they are twins). So I didn't really have anyone, but ended up with my mom since she was so scared when we walked in, basically grabbing a hold of my arm and it only got worse.

The ride was very fun. I think everyone enjoyed it. My mom was pretty freaked out in the Pre-show and through most of the ride, she was holding onto my arm and screeching every so often. She also bombarded me with questions like "What happens now?" and all that stuff I showed know after my hours of research on Disney. She did like the end with the hitchhiking ghosts a lot, especially when he sat flat on my lap. It was pretty funny.

After we got off, we continued traveling with our group for a bit, when one of my mom's friends, the one she works said she had to meet up with the lady who basically put our trip together. They were at the Crystal Palace, our first dining reservation, so they were planning on meeting with them and left. Leslie, the other friend, and her daughters, Taylor and Mackenzie stayed with us for a bit. They said they were going to head back since they'd done a lot already today, bouncing between a lot of parks. Leslie also started talking about Hidden Mickey's which was fairly new to me at the time. We now were beginning to point them out, but she assured us those were everywhere, that they were much harder to find. We bid them farewell and continued on our way down to Frontierland.

As we entered into Frontierland, we saw this little hoedown thing going on, right near Country Bear Jamboree. We walked right up and started clapping to the western-styled music when one of the CMs in the hoedown came up and grabbed DYS to join along. His name was Nate, I remembered since that was my best friend's name (for any of you reading my other TR, know about him). My mom immediately took out her camera and started taking pictures left and right:

After the hoedown thing was done, we continued on our way towards the fair end of Frontierland. We soon were arriving near Splash Mountain. DYS took one look at the ride and freaked out. She didn't want to go on it, though I think she could do it. We tried to coax her and she agreed so we got right in line.

The standby wait wasn't very long. We got to the loading area fairly quickly. DOS and I tried to make sure we were sitted up front because one, we're one of the very few people who actually like to get wet on these rides ("It is better down, down where it's wetter, take it from me!") and two, it is probably a lot scarier up front since there is no person ahead of you to topple onto as you fall out of the thing Haha Just kidding! Moving on... Soon we were loaded onto the ride, DOS and I up front, then my dad, my mom and DYS all crammed into the seat behind us, DYS all curled up against my mom, and we're off on our journey to find our laughing place (as I soon learned).

So... the ride was awesome! While I shockingly enjoyed some other rides more, it was very fun. I had watched some ride-throughs on YouTube, but seriously those things didn't help me. I was totally caught off guard with the roller coaster drop. It just comes out of nowhere but its fun and all the water you gain during the ride really does refresh you. After our adventures with Brer Rabbit, we continued on past to find Big Thunder Mountain.

I was still a bit leery about the whole roller coaster thing so I wasn't entirely sure if I would go on that one yet. Yet again, I was coaxed into it and agreed. We saw the wait and decided this would be a good time to get a Fast Pass. So we found the Fast Pass kiosks and got ours for a time that was really only a bit away. We decided to wait around there a bit, so DYS and I got bored and my mom took some pictures of us:

We waited around until around 5 when our Fast Passes were ready. We got right into the Fast Pass line, but the CM monitoring said we needed to wait a minute since our Fast Passes for the exact time. I was really kinda taken aback since we had to wait a minute, when it was just a minute. How would that cause problems? We came back and he finally let us in line.

Soon as we got in line, we were ushered onto the ride. I was nervous, but decided to sit with DOS this time. Soon enough after getting into our seats, we were off on the wildest ride in the wild west! And soon enough we were back safely in the unloading zone. As you may have guessed, I really liked it, besides the fact I was getting thrown around on the ride and forced to hold onto those handlebars, I still loved the ride and rode it two more times after; once with everyone minus my dad than with just DYS. DYS really liked this ride too and it was the ride she rode the most and I rode the most, this trip. After our third ride, we decided to head out and check out some other attractions.

We headed into Adventureland and checked out Pirates of the Caribbean. There was practically no line so we got our own boat to ourselves which was pretty fun. DOS and I sat in front while my mom, dad and DYS sat behind us. We all liked the ride though we didn’t expect the drop, especially when it got so dark at the part.

Once we exited that, we began heading back to Fantasyland to check out some other rides we missed earlier. We first found, Mickey’s PhilharMagic, a 3-D show, well I should say 4-D and checked out that. DYS was a bit leery of this one since she wasn’t one for noises, but we ended up all enjoying it. I knew there were many 4-D experiences in Disney, so I was very excited to check them out after this show, it was so fun. I especially loved the Be Our Guest part of the show since I just performed my last Middle School play of Beauty & the Beast at this time and I was a castle servant, so I enjoyed seeing the original scene (well not so original).

After we exited that, we… well I know we splitted up here. I forget though where my dad and DOS went. I may have the times messed up, but I think DOS and my dad went to go ride Astro Orbitor at this time not earlier. I forget, but you already know how that turned out. I remember the fact that DYS, my mom and I went to ride Peter Pan’s Flight. I didn’t know too much about this ride, but it looked like fun. The wait was 45 minutes, but we had time so we just hopped in line, little did we know how awful this wait was going to be.

While we waited to get on Peter Pan’s Flight, which was probably the longest wait of our whole trip, though it was pretty awesome since we got to hold the time checker tag, still there was a little girl with her mom and I’m guessing the girl’s mom’s friend something or other ahead of us and you probably can tell where this story goes, but I’ll tell you anyways. The little girl had tons of energy and was swinging all over the place on the queue chains and she continued to do this for the whole 45 minute wait! It was awful, especially with my legs slowly becoming tired and having to carry DYS at some points. It just wasn’t very fun, even for my mom and sister.

Now, this is sorta an unpopular opinion, but because of all that happened, before I didn’t enjoy the ride. The ride was very quick and I didn’t feel it was worth the wait. I still liked the whole concept, but it just wasn’t as enjoyable as it could’ve been. I would probably go on it again next trip, but at this time I didn’t really like it.

After we got off, the sky was definitely getting very dark, it was almost night time. We kinda wandered about for a few minutes and noticed how it was edging closer to our ADRs at Crystal Palace. My dad and DOS found us and told us about their adventures, whatever those adventures ought be. The sky was getting very dark and we saw the Mad Tea Party another Fantasyland ride we had yet to ride. My mom and dad would rather not spin, so it was just my sisters and I that went on.

The wait wasn’t very long and soon we were on the ride. We got our own teacup, but were soon by a very jovial girl about DOS’s age. She told us how much she liked this ride and seemed to be bouncing up and down in her seat and just a little too happy to be with us. We smiled, but it sorta became a smile-because-she-is-and-we-don’t-want-to-upset-her smile, since she was just overly happy, she was very nice either way. While we were on the ride, my dad took some pictures:

Then, as we got off:

The ride didn't have a huge impact on me as to liking it or not. I've just been on too many rides like it and it didn't have too much of a magical touch about the ride. I always thought it wasn't under a cover, but I'm guessing that is how Disneyland is with their teacups, of course!

So, about now it was getting very close to our ADRs so we began heading out to Crystal Palace.

CHAPTER 4: A BUFFET OF CHARACTERS, CELEBRATIONS AND "TERROR!" coming soon!

Last edited by PlutosRHM55; 05-17-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: