Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
TheMick424
Earning My Ears

Confused about the Rainforest room on the Dream

Can anyone who has cruised on the Dream shed some light on whether you can use the Rainforest room if you have a treatment booked at the Spa? The DCL website makes me think that you can, but other threads here indicate the opposite.

Quote:
From the DCL website: Before and after treatments, Guests who have booked a treatment are welcome to relax and linger in the Relax Room, as well as enjoy the rainforest-themed aromatherapy steam room. Discover the benefits of steam, heat and hydrotherapy combined with the power of aromatherapy to relax the mind and body. Specialized areas within the Rainforest room include a Hamam (steam bath), a Caldarium (steam room) and Laconium (dry sauna)
Just curious...
Old 01-31-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

It is confusing, I think in part because DCL's policy may be changing. Long ago, the policy was that you could book the rainforest for 1/2 price on the day that you had a "hands on" service. Then it was no free or reduced price rainforest. Then, in July, 2010 I had a massage scheduled; they "suggested" that I wait for the "therapist" in the rainforest room (Magic). Always before, they had me wait in the lounge area of the locker room. I expressed some puzzlement and was told that it was available "while waiting." Nothing was said about hanging out there afterward.

I agree that the web site makes it sound like it is available both before and after a service as a freebie....can't address that. Also, if the rainforest on the Dream is as crowded as some reports indicate, that may not last long.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
Thistle
Mouseketeer

Rainforest room is no longer given to you if you have a treatment. After a 300 buck treatment I found this out. AND was told the room was to crowded so couldn't even buy access to it.
Magic Honeymoon Cruise July 2000 Magic Gotta Take the Kids Cruise Oct 2001 Magic DS pre-Graduation Cruise July 2003 Wonder Get away from the Kids Cruise Sept 2005 Magic DD you did a great job Cruise June 2006 Magic Thank you honey! 10 day Holiday Cruise Dec 2006 El Día De la Magia 14 Occidental Coloca La Travesía De nuevo Agosto De 2007 Wonder DVC Member Cruise Oct 2007 Ordenador personal Mágico Agosto de 2008 de Crucero de Repo del Este Wonder "L&B visit every jewelry shop in Nassau" Jan 8, 2009 No boys allowed! Волшебный северный европейский круиз 6-ое июля 2010 столиц January 26, 2011 Disney Dream Inaugural May 10, 2011 Wonder goes to Alaska Sept 9, 2011 Let's check out the Dream, again! March 31, 2012 Disney Fantasy Inaugural April 27, 2012 ALOHA MICKEY
Nov 30, 2014 Recuperating from Space Coast Half Marathon on the MAGIC Jan 12, 2015 Dream. You mean there's more running? Давайте сделаем Балтийское снова ... Давайте сделаем Балтийское снова ... Магия 10 июля 2015
Thistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
Tim_Jones
Earning My Ears

Just a quick side note, I was super disappointed in the Dream's rainforest room. The sauna with a fantastic view was almost chilly and the "lounge" chairs had absolutely zero heat. I did enjoy the aromatherapy steam room, although there's one just like it in both locker rooms that you can use for free -- although it's pretty small.

The 4 showers were very nice, but unlike on the Wonder and Magic, they all open directly into a public area, so even though your in a swimsuit, it feels very awkward using the showers with strangers walking by.

It was not crowded at all during the two times that I used the rainforest, but it was on the Castaway Cay day, so most people were down on the island.
Tim_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
TheMick424
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistle View Post
Rainforest room is no longer given to you if you have a treatment. After a 300 buck treatment I found this out. AND was told the room was to crowded so couldn't even buy access to it.
Well, that is disappointing! The website is certainly misleading
Old 01-31-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
Minerva6116
Earning My Ears

How do you get the day passes? I tried to book it online but nothing came up. Do you have to get it on the ship? Also, is there a seperate area for men/women or is it all mixed?
Minerva6116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:42 PM   #7
kcashner
DIS Veteran

It is mixed; swimsuits required.

You can buy a day pass on the ship.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #8
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerva6116 View Post
How do you get the day passes? I tried to book it online but nothing came up. Do you have to get it on the ship? Also, is there a seperate area for men/women or is it all mixed?
You can also get the pass by calling the number on the "gift" form that you can download and fill out (the one with toys and wine and flowers and such you can put in your room) thats how we booked ours.

Someone said they were limited to 30 per day... how does it get that crowded if thats the case..?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:11 PM   #9
Minerva6116
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info! I think I might try to buy the pass, but I have one more question:

Are these the aromatherapy rooms or are these just showers? lol I am hoping they are just showers to rinse off in but I was confused by the different titles on top of each one. Is that just to add to the rainforest theme, or is each one different? Thank you!
Minerva6116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:15 PM   #10
mousejunkie98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerva6116 View Post
Thanks for the info! I think I might try to buy the pass, but I have one more question:

Are these the aromatherapy rooms or are these just showers? lol I am hoping they are just showers to rinse off in but I was confused by the different titles on top of each one. Is that just to add to the rainforest theme, or is each one different? Thank you!
Each one is different. They have different shower heads and different temperatures for different "experiences." Hence the names.
Feb. 2013 Art of Animation / Nov. 2012 - Polynesian, Contemporary / May 2012 - Aulani / Dec. 2011 - POFQ / Sept. 2011 - Contemporary, Disney Dream, CSR / May, 2011 - Disney Dream, AKL, Boardwalk / Sept. 2010 - Disney Wonder / 2010 - Jan, Polynesian; June, CBR; Sept. AKL / 2006 - Fort Wilderness Cabin / 2001 & 2002 - offsite / 2000 - Wilderness Lodge / 1998 - Honeymoon at the Lodge! / 1995 - Wilderness Lodge / 1981 - 1st trip to WDW!
mousejunkie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:56 AM   #11
Tink2300
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
You can also get the pass by calling the number on the "gift" form that you can download and fill out (the one with toys and wine and flowers and such you can put in your room) thats how we booked ours.

Someone said they were limited to 30 per day... how does it get that crowded if thats the case..?
DEFINITELY not limited to 30 on my Dream preview cruise... and I agree that the tiled chairs have NO heat... heard many complaints on our cruise about that. It was still a nice luxury to have, but each and every time I went in there it was crowded.
Tink2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #12
dizzdis
Mouseketeer

Weeks Pass?

Has anyone gotten a weeks pass tot he Rainforest Room? Seems I heard it mentioned before but can not find any info now.
dizzdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #13
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzdis View Post
Has anyone gotten a weeks pass tot he Rainforest Room? Seems I heard it mentioned before but can not find any info now.
You cannot buy a length of cruise pass before you cruise. The can be purchased at the spa in person. The price is dependent on the length of your cruise. A 7 night cruise is $99 for a single pass, $149 for a couples pass.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: