Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
Freyja
Formerly known as Sleepless in Denmark - now Wide Awake in Iceland?
To cure your insomina, stop thinking about tags!
 
Freyja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Posts: 7,921

Perm- before and after

I have long and thick hair and have been thinking of getting a perm (big curls). My hairdresser thinks it would look great and says that my hair is a great "candidate" for a perm. I had my hair cut yesterday (Ive had it in layers for a while and she cut it the same way yesterday) and I have an appointment for a perm on Wednesday.
Have any of you had a similar kind of perm done in a similar type of hair? Do you have any before/after pics?
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,075

I have thick, stick straight hair. For whatever reason, my hair refuses to hold a perm. It typically lasts about 3-4 weeks and then right back to stick straight. Of course, the last perm I had was probably 17 or 18 years ago. Maybe the chemicals have improved since then. LOL

Have you ever had a perm before? Would your hair end up more wavy or actual curls?
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
Freyja
Formerly known as Sleepless in Denmark - now Wide Awake in Iceland?
To cure your insomina, stop thinking about tags!
 
Freyja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Posts: 7,921

I had a perm 20 years ago and my hair took so well that he perm held until my hair grew out and I cut it out. So Im pretty sure that my hair will hold a perm this time too. Im think of curls, but big ones.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
Hutchy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 185

I love having a perm! I let my hair grow out to my mid back and had it permed and I really liked it. I've also had my hair permed and short many times. I LOVED how quick and easy it was to fix in the morning. Wash, flip my head over and add some curl cream, scrunch around, and go!
Hutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #5
Freyja
Formerly known as Sleepless in Denmark - now Wide Awake in Iceland?
To cure your insomina, stop thinking about tags!
 
Freyja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Posts: 7,921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchy View Post
I love having a perm! I let my hair grow out to my mid back and had it permed and I really liked it. I've also had my hair permed and short many times. I LOVED how quick and easy it was to fix in the morning. Wash, flip my head over and add some curl cream, scrunch around, and go!
Sounds great! Do you have any pics youd like to share?
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
Hutchy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 185

Let me look around and see what I can find!

Short and curly

Longer and curly

Short and curly again, a few years difference between the first pic and this one. I had the sudden urge for another perm.


Those are the only good ones I have on photobucket. Everything else is on my external hard drive and it would take me a while to dig through all of those pics. I realized that when my hair was long it was pulled up in a clip or pony tail 98% of the time so I don't have as many pictures!
Hutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:38 PM   #7
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,075

Hutchy, your hair looks great! Both long and short!
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:38 PM   #8
Freyja
Formerly known as Sleepless in Denmark - now Wide Awake in Iceland?
To cure your insomina, stop thinking about tags!
 
Freyja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Posts: 7,921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchy View Post
Let me look around and see what I can find!

Short and curly

Longer and curly

Short and curly again, a few years difference between the first pic and this one. I had the sudden urge for another perm.


Those are the only good ones I have on photobucket. Everything else is on my external hard drive and it would take me a while to dig through all of those pics. I realized that when my hair was long it was pulled up in a clip or pony tail 98% of the time so I don't have as many pictures!
Youre SO CUTE!!!
Especially like the pic of your hair long and curly, but thats probably just because Im a long hair kind of gal myself
Thanks so much for showing your pics!
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #9
SookieStackhouse
"I'm Sookie Stackhouse, and I'm a waitress"
 
SookieStackhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bon Temps
Posts: 1,628

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
I have thick, stick straight hair. For whatever reason, my hair refuses to hold a perm. It typically lasts about 3-4 weeks and then right back to stick straight. Of course, the last perm I had was probably 17 or 18 years ago. Maybe the chemicals have improved since then. LOL

Have you ever had a perm before? Would your hair end up more wavy or actual curls?
This has been my experience too, and in a similar time frame.
SookieStackhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #10
Freyja
Formerly known as Sleepless in Denmark - now Wide Awake in Iceland?
To cure your insomina, stop thinking about tags!
 
Freyja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Posts: 7,921

Im hoping for something like this:


and this


My hair is now like this (not my best pics but show my hair pretty well):



and this

Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #11
rie'smom
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
I cannot look at my hamburger after I've taken a bite
Toilet paper must come over the top!
 
rie'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 19,069

You'd look great with a perm because you have a cute button nose like Hutchy does- darling pictures of both of you!!! It's been my experience that people with softer features look much better with perms than people like me who have sharp cheekbones and angular features.
rie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:33 PM   #12
Hutchy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 185

Perms have changed so much over the years and now they don't cause nearly the damage they did 10 and 20 years ago. My mom was a hair dresser for almost 30 yrs so she's done all my perms and my hair didn't hold them nearly as well when I was younger as it does now. With really long thick hair the top of your will be straighter because it pulls the curl out.
Hutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #13
Tosie
1100 miles from "home"
 
Tosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,002

If you already have a natural wave or curl in your hair do a google search for "curly girl" before you spend the money on a perm. It has made all the difference for me.
__________________
Tosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:44 AM   #14
Freyja
Formerly known as Sleepless in Denmark - now Wide Awake in Iceland?
To cure your insomina, stop thinking about tags!
 
Freyja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Posts: 7,921

I did it!

So, I took the chance and got a perm. Had it done yesterday, and while I was a little bit shocked first (have had pretty straight hair for 20 years) Im starting to love it now.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:47 AM   #15
Angelhalo
Ok I was like crap I'm breaking rules and I'm gonna get points and I didn't even know I was breaking rules!!! LOL!!!
 
Angelhalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 7,380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
So, I took the chance and got a perm. Had it done yesterday, and while I was a little bit shocked first (have had pretty straight hair for 20 years) Im starting to love it now.
It's BEAUTIFUL!!! It suits you so well!!
__________________
Angelhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: