Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
Lisa_C
Devoted FIANCÉE to Cap'njack.

Wait, Sleeping Beauty's Castle has new paint? Well I'm off to lick it then PTR!!

So, after a very successful November trip where I became a member of the Castle Licking group in Facebook (I kid you not!! A few of us found it and found it so funny that we all dared each other. Only one refused, but we are now officially Castle Lickers! ) I have decided that with all the new refurbs, I need to claim "my" spot back and regain my status. After all, my germs have gone and I have no part of my DNA left in Disney!

So the Cast are as follows:
Me, (Lisa) one year off a BIG birthday and total Disney freak. Shareholder, recently got into Vinylmations and I have become addicted to the Oxford Street Diseny Store, using it to get my fix and brighten up the CM's day by singing songs with them all day long (again, this is very muchly true!)

DS, Callum, 15, who got left behind in November due to exams and he has never forgiven me. Loves Disney, but doesn't want his friends to know. Oops.

DD, Eowyn, 7, and is a proud member of the Castle Lickers too. Is now officially tall enough for RC Racer (at last) and for R'n'R Coaster, though I think the big thing for her will be Tower of Terror. EVERY year she says she'll go on it, and EVERY year she chickens out. Well my dear, you shall not get out of it this time muahahahahahahahahaha!!

And now the real reason for the trip. As mentioned, I turn "mumble" next September and had planned a mega trip for all the family and my bestest friends and their children (including my God Daughter Taz - who is totally into Castle Licking and we had to pull her away from it!). Then on the day before Fathers Day, my darling Daddy was rushed into hospital having a heart attack. They operated on him and he was on the ward with in an hour, but it was really touch and go at one point. Two weeks later, when he was out of hospital and I was visiting him, the 50% flash sale came up and I spoke to Dad about it. He told me to go ahead and book because life is too short. I was cut up at the thought of loosing him, but it also struck me that the school holidays would consist of looking after him and the children (my step mum is disabled and works full time) and they would be missing out on our usually theme park weekends (hoooooooray for Merlin Passes !). So I went home, pressed the magic button (after securing great Eurostar prices) and sat down thinking "oh my gawd, I can't believe I just did that!" and nearly burst with excitement! My Aunty Betty left me some money in he will and I used it to book, decided not to tell the kids (I wrote it on facebook and my DS took three weeks to see it)! I made the video via the wesite and DD had to watch it three times before she realised she was going, and I have been bouncing off the walls for the past six weeks!

So the Cheyenne awaits us, the indirect train calls us for a 7am departure (direct on the way back because I am not that stupid ) and my bank manager says "it was nice while it lasted"..........

loving me a Pirate
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
ghockley1981
Wishes his work lift was ToT
Was brainwashed by the DLRP Clique!
Says your safe is very very safe

I hope you have a great time, now don't get to excited and ruin the new paint job lol

Are you going to try to stay on the eurostar if its going to dlp? I know people have done before, instead of jumping off at lille?

Enjoy
...Disney Cheyenne Feb 2013

Got Engaged at Disneyland Paris, took our Honeymoon at Disneyworld Florida
ghockley1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #3
Suzi-Q
Mouseketeer

Hope you have a fab time

Next time I go (hopefully) I'll be looking for bare spots in the paintwork

Just a thought, I bet you used to lick your toys as a child didn't you? Hmm didn't they still have lead in paint back then? Could explain a lot

Have fun Looking forward to your trippie

xxx

Suzi-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
poppyolivia
I'm the ski suit queen.......and don't forget the geeky earflap hat

yay girl!!!!! I'm all for the lick~age....so funny!lol....can't wait til you are back and uploaded pics etc...bring it on, safe journey!!!

Santa Fe Mar 2006 5 days
Santa Fe Jan 2007 6 days
Santa Fe Jan 2008 6 days
Cheyenne Jan 2009 6 days
Santa Fe Oct 2009 5 days
Cheyenne Jan 2010 6 days
Santa Fe Oct 2010 7 days
Cheyenne Feb 2011 6 days
Santa Fe Oct 2011 6 days BOOKED
Santa Fe Jan 2012 6 days BOOKED

poppyolivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Have a magical trip!!!

Is the reason for the castle refurb because you licked all the paint off??? Can't wait to see the new photos!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Im remember meantion of castle licking but kinda thought id imagined it!! Lisa you dark horse! I want a full report on how the new paint tastes!!!

love your ptrs/trs and cant wait to read all about it

life is too short and hey we'll all be bankrupt together these were the same bank managers that were offering us credit cards to beat the band a few years back so they neednt get scorpy when we decide we should still have the credit to keep us in the style (holidays) we are now accustomed to!

Hope you have the best time and that your DD braves ToT. Bon Voyage!

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Newport - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:11 AM   #7
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

LOL at you and your licking!!

Have a magical time!!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #8
tinkertaylor05
DIS Veteran

Have a fab time, go find yourself a nice fresh spot of castle

WDW SSR/DCL EBTA May 2014, DCL Magic Med June 2013, Hotel New York September 2012, Disneyland Hotel December 2011, Hotel New York February 2011, Hotel New York June 2010
tinkertaylor05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: