Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2011, 06:58 AM   #1
rottie155
Clochette? CLOCHETTE!!!!!

Best Friends have Magical Moments - PTR

Hello all!

Talk about last minute, I know, but I am off to the Magic again tomorrow, this time with my best friend. (I haven't even begun to pack yet neither...)

Cast:-

Me:- Adam, 24 years old - a little obsessed with all things Disney!

Best Friend:- Natz, 24 years old - prefers more 'grown-up' things but does enjoy a Disney adventure too. She is a bit obsessed with POTC, TOT and BBWWS!

Dates:-

Sunday 28th August 2011 - Wednesday 31st August 2011

Accommodation:-

Hotel New York (our first time staying here too).

The plan:-

So this will be my third visit to the Disneyland Paris Resort this year (I just cannot seem to tear myself away ), so I am fortunate to have the advantage of 'having-already-done-everything'. So the plan is to try and plod-along with my friend so that she can experience everything too...

Sunday 28th August - We live in London so in the morning we will make our way to King's Cross St. Pancras (via Costa) and await the Eurostar to take us to the magic! We will arrive at the resort at around 13:30. We will then check-in to Hotel New York, drop-off our cases as we probably won't be able to get to our room for another hour and half and then rush to the Disneyland Park for our obligatory first-ride on POTC! After that we will attempt to do as much as possible (quite possibly in the following order; POTC, Phantom Manor, Space Mountain, take a moment to walk around and be in awe of the park and take the Castle photos, see the dragon, think that we want popcorn because we can smell it in the air - but then decide we'd rather do Space Mountain again to take amusing ride-photos).

We will then leave the park around 5pm and get to our room, quickly unpack (throw things around in an orderly fashion) and freshen-up for dinner (glad we didn't get that popcorn now) at Café Mickey.

Dinner - Café Mickey, 6:15pm.

After dinner (we will be stuffed because I went for the chocolate fondant again even though I didn't really want it), we will roll ourselves back to the park and pick-out a spot to watch Fantillusion and then the fireworks... after leaving the park, I will be sniffing out cocktails in the village (Billy Bob's most likely).

Monday 29th August - Get up early. Try to work out where we need to go for breakfast and then eat like there's no tomorrow (shouldn't have drank that amount last night in Disney Village).

We will then make our way to Disney Studios in time for park opening and run like the wind to get to Crush's Coaster. After Crush it's only right that we would go and have a little nose at Tower of Terror - oh go on, whilst we're here let's give it a quick go ! On a thrill-ride-high then run over to Rock n' Rollercoaster for a ride or two on there... We will then spend the morning in the Studios hitting more rides and I will take Natz to see Cinémagique (my ultimate FAVOURITE) as she hasn't seen this yet. We will most likely watch the Stunt Show this morning too. Afterwards we will make our way to the Disneyland Park for a quick ride on POTC before lunch...

Lunch - 1pm - Blue Lagoon, Adventureland

We will then catch the Tarzan show after lunch and work on a very spur-of-the-moment itinerary (which I could end up steering towards Rhythm of the Jungle as we both LOVE the Lion King and Jungle Book characters).

Dinner - unplanned. We will be full from lunch at Blue Lagoon so I have a feeling the popcorn we wanted desperately yesterday will be coming to say a quick 'hello' to us!

FANTILLUSION AND FIREWORKS!!!!

Then it would only be rude not to go back for a little night-cap in Disney Village again... wouldn't it?!

Tuesday 30th August - We would really like a bit of a lay-in after the rushing around... but we both refuse to sleep whilst in Disney! Therefore, another early morning, grabbing some breakfast whilst discussing which park to start with again today... We will debate a bit, throw-out some pros and cons, argue over who is actually going to marry Tarzan, make some trades, decide on a double-wedding and then agree that Disney Studios is probably a nice way to start the day... We're glad we had this discussion.

First stop, Tower of Terror... what's that? The queue's aren't TOO bad (yeah right), oh go on then, let's ride again - one for the road!

We will then ride ourselves crazy around the park and go have a little sing-along (and rest) with Animagique

Lunch - unplanned (I know, I'm slacking here!!)

Have a wander through the shops... I will pick up everything in sight, Natz will tell me I have seven of the same souvenir - I will tell her that I NEED them - she will raise an eyebrow - I'll put five back... then pick up one for luck when she's not looking and run to the counter and have them all delivered to our hotel for us! Result!

Then into the Disneyland Park we shall go! Catch some rides and shows... both find excuses as to why we really do NEED to go watch Tarzan again and agree that the fate of the world rests upon our appearance there.

Leave the park around 7:30pm and go back to the room to freshen-up, change and grab a cocktail. Then make our way to Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show!

Dinner - 9:30pm - Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show.

Leave the show giddy with excitement and rush to the Disney Hollywood Pictures Store in Disney Village to go buy that photo we had done with Mickey Mouse all dressed like a cowboy.

Take a slow walk back to our hotel with faces like thunder as we know we should pack (throw things agressively into suitcases).

Collapse.

Wednesday 31st August - Get up whenever we feel like it and eat breakfast without saying a word. Put our cases down in the Storage bit at Reception and solemnly walk towards Disney Studios for that last *few* rides on Tower of Terror. Catch a showing of Cinémagique... Animagique... ride a few more rides, nose in a few shops then make our way to the Disneyland Park for our final escape from reality.

Lunch - unplanned! (I can see me booking something with the concierge before now anyways)

Ride POTC continuously, along with Space Mountain and Phantom Manor... try get that last glimpse of Tarzan.

Head into the Village to do some last minute shopping and then reluctantly make our way to the Eurostar after collecting our luggage.

Cry the entire way home (I say this, but I will be found propped up in the buffet carriage with a glass of red wine )

As you can see, I am not organised at all - in fact, it looks as though we will just be living quite spontaneously the whole time! (yeah right!)

.....Am I there yet?!?!

A Little Bit Of Magic, Goes A Long Way

2013: DLP - Disneyland Hotel, X-Mas / 2013: DLP - Disneyland Hotel / 2012: DLP - Disneyland Hotel / 2011: DLP - Hotel New York, X-Mas / 2011: DLP - Hotel New York / 2011: DLP - Disneyland Hotel **Castle Club** / 2011: DLP St. Patrick's Week - Disneyland Hotel **Castle Club** / 2010: DLP Halloween - Sequoia Lodge / 2007: DLP 15th Anniversary/Halloween - Disneyland Hotel / 2006: DLP - Newport Bay Club / 2005: DLP - *offsite* / 2000: WDW - *offsite* / 1999: DLP - Newport Bay Club / 1999: DLP - *offsite* / 1998: DLP - Newport Bay Club / 1997: DLP 5th Anniversary - Hotel Chyenne / 1996: DLP - Hotel Cheyenne

Last edited by rottie155; 08-27-2011 at 07:41 AM.
rottie155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #2
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Brilliant PTR!!!

Hope we get to see photos of the joint wedding with Tarzan!

Have a brilliant trip, make sure you get your popcorn! How can you not have decided on all your meals yet???? You most defintely ARE slacking - get on with it! Better do your packing first though, you can always meal plan on the Eurostar I suppose...!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
rottie155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
Brilliant PTR!!!

Hope we get to see photos of the joint wedding with Tarzan!

Have a brilliant trip, make sure you get your popcorn! How can you not have decided on all your meals yet???? You most defintely ARE slacking - get on with it! Better do your packing first though, you can always meal plan on the Eurostar I suppose...!
My sweet, the wedding invite is already in the post! You can take the Bank Holiday Weekend as your time to get a hat!

I know! By now I usually have every meal planned - look at me living 'dangerously'! Oh, what a crazy menace I am! Saying that, I value my life too much not to jump in and plan everything before discussing with my friend first!

2013: DLP - Disneyland Hotel, X-Mas / 2013: DLP - Disneyland Hotel / 2012: DLP - Disneyland Hotel / 2011: DLP - Hotel New York, X-Mas / 2011: DLP - Hotel New York / 2011: DLP - Disneyland Hotel **Castle Club** / 2011: DLP St. Patrick's Week - Disneyland Hotel **Castle Club** / 2010: DLP Halloween - Sequoia Lodge / 2007: DLP 15th Anniversary/Halloween - Disneyland Hotel / 2006: DLP - Newport Bay Club / 2005: DLP - *offsite* / 2000: WDW - *offsite* / 1999: DLP - Newport Bay Club / 1999: DLP - *offsite* / 1998: DLP - Newport Bay Club / 1997: DLP 5th Anniversary - Hotel Chyenne / 1996: DLP - Hotel Cheyenne
Old 08-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottie155 View Post
I value my life too much not to jump in and plan everything before discussing with my friend first!
Very wise my friend, very wise!

Right then, I'm off to shop for hats!!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Love it!!

Have a fantastic time!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #6
loladelorean
The Disney Pro!!!

Ahahaha this is my favourite PTR ever. You are oh so spontaneous my dear, I don't know how you can be so casual... naaat.
Wednesday 31st August, well that would beeee, Lisa's birthday think of me while you ride ToT for the tenth time, I'll be having a thoroughly normal birthday in Glasgow
I am nervously excited for your verdict on Blue Lagoon and HNY, I'm sure you'll hold me fully responsible for any shortcomings. Just remember you're a regular at Castle Club now so you have different standards from the rest of us
Have an amazing time, I'm sure you will!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 12:52 AM   #7
rottie155

Thanks my lovelies!

Lisa, you have an absolutely fabulous birthday my dear! I will raise a glass to you on Wednesday (any excuse)!

I'm sure I am going to have a wonderful time regardless, so don't worry - if I disapprove of HNY or BL - you'll just be wearing your drink when I see you next!

Love to all!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: