Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
clawmachine
DIS Veteran

Spaceport Transport was AWESOME!!

I just wanted to give my review of Spaceport Transport private car service since there were very few reviews of them here when I went looking. They have plenty of experience, but some of it is taking crew members to various places around Cocoa Beach and to the airport. Given our experience with them this past week (to and from the port) I would highly recommend them to anyone at all seeking private transportation.

First of all, their price for our family of 5 was much better than other companies, especially when taking into account the fact that we needed 3 car seats and they do not charge for them.

Secondly, the lady I spoke to who seems to run the operation, Cari, was super pleasant from beginning to end. She gave us courtesy calls both coming and going, to remind us where to meet our driver, and she was more than happy to take her time with me on the phone answering all my questions.

On Friday, 1/21, we were picked up by a driver named Ryan, a college grad probably in his late 20's, who was the nicest guy you'll ever meet. Not only was he courteous, friendly, and safe, but he literally waited for us at the airport for over 5 hours!! I called when we saw our plane was delayed initially, but then it just kept getting later and later and we had no way to call them. They were tracking our flight but he told us it was just easier for him to wait there rather than risk getting stuck in traffic and returning. When we arrived we were more than a little moody and tired but he was all smiles, helping us with our heavy luggage and 3 little kids. Then things went from bad to worse, when he got a call that a tanker had exploded and he needed to take a very roundabout route to get us to CIS. At first we all thought was a tanker ship at the port (oh no!!) but then realized it was actually a terrible, double-fatality tanker truck involved crash on the road. Thank goodness we heard about it right away and could avoid that route. Ryan was amazing - roads were jammed everywhere but bless him, he found every little side road and shortcut he knew of and got us there in 90 minutes - double the time it normally takes, but safe and sound and without a bunch of sitting in traffic. The poor guy probably didn't get home for dinner for hours after that but he still had a smile on his face. Super great guy. I was thrilled when we got him again today for pick-up and once again, everything was great (and trouble free this time!)

hth someone!! :-)
clawmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Wow!! What a great experience for you and your family! Thanks for the report and review. We are a party of 5 (no small kids though so no need for car seats). If you don't mind me asking, what was the price from MCO to CIS? What type of vehicles do they use?
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Thanks for your review. I'll be cruising with children for the first time in November and there will be 3 needing carseats in our group, so I'm putting them on the list!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran

Hi,

We used them as well on our cruise a few weeks ago. Free carseats were the major factor for us. Plus, the cost for a family of 4, $88 each way, was what some companies were charging for 2.

We also had Ryan as our driver to the port and he stopped at the Target for us so we could pick up the things I forgot at home. I think I mentioned it here. The carseats, just an FYI, weren't the newest but they still did the job. We had to install them ourselves as he hadn't installed any before, but it only took a few minutes and we were off. Be sure you specify which sizes you need (infant, booster, carseat). Have a great trip!

ETA: The cost I posted is each way, not round trip.

Last edited by ShootingStarMom2; 01-30-2011 at 11:26 AM.
ShootingStarMom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
byejou
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info. We booked FLTours for a limo for RT transfers but we are a party of 8 and it is $385 including gratuity. This would save us about $175. Definitely looking into it. However, we are looking forward to the limo. Hmmmmm

DL 88 CBR 96 CSR 98 BWV 05 Wonder 07 WDW/SW 07 Wonder 08 CR/Wonder 09
BCV/Dream 11 FW/AKV 12 : FW 12 Dream/OKW/VB 13 SSR 14 OKW/WLV 14 FW 15 Fantasy 15
byejou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran

We also looked at renting a car, but adding carseats and then having 2x the one way rental fee ($17) plus cost to get back to the hotel after dropping off the car didn't make sense to us. This way, we were picked up and on our way in about 10 minutes.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #7
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a website or contact info for this spaceport company? Very interested in seeing about getting a quote from them. TIA
Old 01-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #8
jsolar
Mouseketeer

We also used Spaceport Transport over the summer. I agree, they were wonderful! Cari who I spoke to as well was amazing. She even stopped at a 7-eleven so we could get coffee on the way. We have used FL Tours in the past, but will now only use Spaceport.

By the way, I found the number to Spaceport on the dis board.

Disney Cruise: Fantasy,6/27/15, Fantasy, 6/29/13, Fantasy, 6/23/12, Fantasy, 7/5/11, Dream, 8/17/10, Wonder, 8/22/09, Magic
Disney World: Disney's Beach Club, 06/27/14, Pop Century Resort, 6/24/05, All Star Sports Resort, 01/05/96, Polynesian Resort, 09/08/87
jsolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #9
disneydreamer82
DIS Veteran

So glad to hear this we are using them for our cruise in November!!!!

:
disneydreamer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #10
clawmachine
DIS Veteran

Glad my review helped someone! Here is their website:

http://www.spaceporttransport.com/

We paid $196 in Traveler's checks roundtrip for 5 people. It would have been a bit more if we wanted to pay by credit card. The car seats were included. They were very clean and yes, on the first leg Ryan did ask us to install them so they were done properly to our standards, but once he saw how we wanted them, he had them all installed already for our leg back. I just can't say enough good things about how nice this guy was. We tipped him well and yet he acted as if he would have not even expected a tip. Hard to find people that customer-oriented these days. As many have said, Cari, the main dispatcher/office manager, is also great and super nice.

As for the vehicle, we had a Nissan Quest minivan both ways and it was plenty of room for us. We only had 4 suitcases and some small carry-ons. Cari called us the morning we left on my cell while we were still in our home airport and asked how many pieces of luggage we had and what size they were so she could send the right size vehicle. If we had had more large pieces we would have gotten a larger passenger van instead.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #11
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the reviews regarding Space Port Transportation! We have finally decided not to rent a vehicle this trip so I called Cari yesterday and got us a reservation. I even requested Ryan . My nephew is turning 21 this year and Cari was saying that Ryan was a college student working part-time so I think they will have some common interests and find things to talk about on the trip down to the Port. By the way, those of you that have used Space Port, what time was your pickup time at the Disney terminal after your cruise?

I will report back after our cruise and let you now how our experience went!

Thanks so much! We're so excited!!! 14 more days (including today) and we'll be flying to Florida!!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #12
clawmachine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv View Post
Thanks for all the reviews regarding Space Port Transportation! We have finally decided not to rent a vehicle this trip so I called Cari yesterday and got us a reservation. I even requested Ryan . My nephew is turning 21 this year and Cari was saying that Ryan was a college student working part-time so I think they will have some common interests and find things to talk about on the trip down to the Port. By the way, those of you that have used Space Port, what time was your pickup time at the Disney terminal after your cruise?

I will report back after our cruise and let you now how our experience went!

Thanks so much! We're so excited!!! 14 more days (including today) and we'll be flying to Florida!!
That's great! If you think of it, please tell Ryan the grateful family from the tanker explosion day says hi!! I will be surprised if you do not have a pleasant experience with him. As for pick-up on the day of debarkation, we had a later flight out of MCO (1:35 pm) so we told Cari that and she said - "well how about we say between 9:00 and 9:30 and you can just give us a call right before you enter customs?" That worked fine for us. We had our 7 am breakfast in Lumiere's (early seating), then hung out on the comfy sofas near guest services for about an hour, and then just easily strolled off the ship around 9 with no lines or waiting whatsoever. As we left we gave them a call and they told us Ryan was already out there waiting for us and where to look for him. I hope he hadn't been waiting too long but if he had he certainly didn't show it. Good luck and have a great trip!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #13
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawmachine View Post
That's great! If you think of it, please tell Ryan the grateful family from the tanker explosion day says hi!! I will be surprised if you do not have a pleasant experience with him. As for pick-up on the day of debarkation, we had a later flight out of MCO (1:35 pm) so we told Cari that and she said - "well how about we say between 9:00 and 9:30 and you can just give us a call right before you enter customs?" That worked fine for us. We had our 7 am breakfast in Lumiere's (early seating), then hung out on the comfy sofas near guest services for about an hour, and then just easily strolled off the ship around 9 with no lines or waiting whatsoever. As we left we gave them a call and they told us Ryan was already out there waiting for us and where to look for him. I hope he hadn't been waiting too long but if he had he certainly didn't show it. Good luck and have a great trip!
I will be sure to say hello from you guys! Cari did say that she would put down pickup around 9 or 9:15am and we could just call right before customs, like she did for you! Sorry, I had forgotten that so thanks for reminding me!!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #14
EmmasGrammy
To everyone else brave enough to try May Day Falls, may I suggest a turtleneck swimwear coverup??

Thanks

We have also booked Spaceport Transport for our upcoming cruise. (Dream Mar. 27 - 31) We spoke to Cari's husband, Jerry and he was also very kind and informative. We got a great deal for 4 adults and 2 little ones (ages 1 & 2 ) with 2 car seats $202.00 round trip.

We will report back to the DIS boards following our trip.

Jerry said he has gotten alot of "Buzz" about these DISers and he needed to check these boards out.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #15
disneydreamin-gang
DIS Veteran

We will be using them as well for our cruise in Sept. Cari seemed so nice on the phone when I called to schedule. From the comments I'm sure we will not have any troubles. Can't wait for our cruise to get here.
2006-CSR, DH & I, 25th anniversary
2008-POP 2 kids, 1 grandma

disneydreamin-gang is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: