Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2011, 12:30 PM   #121
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshannon View Post
Your plans look great! Since you're staying on property you should be able to call at 180 and make all of your reservations at the same time.
Thanks! Shannon

do you know if I will be able to do them all online or should I just call that morning?!?
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #122
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
The planning has started!! Looks good- I think Wed we will be at ah heck I dunno yet-but we can meet at MK at night. I think Kathy is having dinner at the Plaza or is it lunch??? Thurs we will also prob do AK. GG on friday may work. Sat we will also be at MK. Dunno about Sun yet. I am just trying to focus on my March trip which I am trying to change then I will get on with the Sep planning!!
Hey! Mary
I hope you are able to change your March trip; how fun to be able to go the same time as Leanne and her girls. I should be working on plannning my cruise excursions (just have not been as excited about it as the Disney trip)...Danny asked me last night what excursions have it narrowed it down to?!?

I might have to do and OT post here and get some thoughts from you guys; that might help bring some excitement back into the cruise.

more your way for your changes!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #123
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Plans look GREAT Connie!!! Have you been to IOA since they added Harry Potter??? We went last August strictly for WWOHP and all I can say is WOW!!! We had such a blast... Here's a tip for you... If you go to HP early in the morning and it looks TOO crowded, hit up the rest of the park and head back mid day. That is what we did and we literally were able to walk on to EVERYTHING! I won't give away too much, but Forbidden Journey might just be the coolest attraction I have ever been on. But then again we are huge Potter fans!

Oh and glad my tip on the TA hours helped you! October should be released soon! Happy planning! Can't wait to hear more!
Reese, we went to IOA in April; it was not opened yet. I am a huge HP fan! as is both of my older children. Danny loves IOA and I can't wait to see WWOHP. If you don't mind can you let me know when the TA hours for Oct come out. The link I had was only for the Sep hours...TIA
Old 02-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #124
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Reese, we went to IOA in April; it was not opened yet. I am a huge HP fan! as is both of my older children. Danny loves IOA and I can't wait to see WWOHP. If you don't mind can you let me know when the TA hours for Oct come out. The link I had was only for the Sep hours...TIA
I'm so glad that I am not the only Potter fan!!! YOU ARE going to LOVE it!!! Definitely try the frozen butterbeer so good!!!

I will definitely keep an eye and let you know if I see the Oct TA hours come out. I'm thinking in the next 2 weeks tops.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #125
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post

do you know if I will be able to do them all online or should I just call that morning?!?
I made all of mine online last time and it let me do the 180+10. As long as you have your reservation number, you should be fine. Now you can even reserve Fantasmic packages and stuff like that online.

Plans look great so far! I think we will overlap a lot!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
kcandbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:53 AM   #126
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Official September Calendar....

I found the calendar of the September hours
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/par...gdom/calendar/
Magic Kingdom
Park Hours
9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Extra Magic Hours
10:00 PM - 1:00 AM

Park Hours
9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Park Hours
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Park Hours

Park Hours
Extra Magic Hours
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM

Park Hours
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM

DHS calendar= http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/par...dios/calendar/
Epcot calendar= http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/calendar/

Animal Kingdom not up yet?!?

Have a great day everyone!!

I started spring cleaning yesterday and made a big mess....so I probably have work to keep me busy for the next week

Old 03-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #127
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Your plans look GREAT! WWOHP is so awesome- you will love it!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #128
jngwright
DIS Veteran

OOOHHH...Harry Potter...I wonder if we can squeeze it in somehow?

How exciting that hours were released! You will be making ADR's before you know it

Jill DH DS (12) DS (12)Offsite '78-'94, POR '95, CSR '99, WL '00(Disneymoon ) Offsite '04, POFQ '06, POP'08,CBR/CSR '09,POR '10, AKV '11, OKW/BWV '11(New DVC owners!!!!) '12 BLT, '13 AKV/OKW, '14SoG,(Glass Slipper Finisher!)'14 AVK
jngwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #129
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

OT: cruise celebrating 25 years!

I hope you guys don't mind but I really need to build my excitement for the cruise Danny and I are going on this coming May. We are booked out of New Orleans on the Carnival Triumph for seven days. We will be visiting Key West, Freeport, and Nassau Bahamas. It will be just the two of us, I will be leaving Ashton for the first time (for seven days--I leave him for a night or two but never this long). I know we are going to have a wonderful time and to be celebrating such a momentous occassion.

So, I thought if I shared with you guys and got your thoughts on things I know it will help build the excitement. Danny is happy and excited but just no fun to discuss things like you guys

Yesterday, Old Navy was having a 25% off sale so I ordered a few things.
I purchased a top, two pair of bermuda shorts, and a sun dress; when they come in I'll take pictures to share with you guys. Last week mom and I went ride to the outlets in MS and I bought two tops at Ann Taylor. Last Sept I purchased three pair of shorts from the Gap (I had gotten them for only $10--boy, am I sorry that I did not get all five colors that day). Instead of buying a new dress I decided I am just going to wear the same dress I wore to Dayne's graduation.

When my new stuff comes in I'll pull out the matching outfits and shot some pics to see what you guys think. All I have left to purchase is a swimsuit.

Last year one of the young girls in our neighborhood had on this really cute haltertop type suit and I fell in love. Her's was deep red and black; I can't find that one (she got it from Walmart) I did find a white and black one very similiar to it; I need to suck it up and go try one on (I hate swimsuit shopping). If I could copy and paste the image I may post it here. My last two swimsuits are a few years old from Macy's and I just feel it is time for something new. I just bought Danny a new one from JCP a few weeks ago, and a few T's. He may need a few more T's but all in all he is all set. He like to wear polos and my Mom buys him three new ones every year for Christmas and his bday so he has enough to choose from.

I am hoping I like the sun dress and thinking I may purchase two more in different colors to wear on the ship; and I figure whatever I wear in May I can wear again in Sept for our trip at WDW.

Next up some thoughts on the excursions I am thinking about (unless, you tell me you don't care and don't want to hear about it)

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 03-01-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #130
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

I'd love to hear about your cruise plans!

Vacation shopping is the BEST!! Swimsuit shopping? Not so much!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #131
laashley
DIS Veteran

Wow, how did I get so behind? Your disney plans are looking good. Hope you are able to visit Seaworld.

As for your cruise, yes, please share.
laashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #132
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

I am trying to spring clean around here, yesterday I wanted to move the bookcase/computer desk into Ashton's room. But, it would not fit in the hall to get to his room. So, it got cleaned, rearranged, and placed right back where it was; but, re orangized!

So, a little bit ago I started to go through my closet (this is going to take me DAYS ) but, I did find two dresses I forgot I had. Actually, three dresses I have a red one like the black one.

Here is the one I wore to Dayne's graduation
I was planning to wear this the night of the Captain's dinner
here are the other two:this one is solid black

this has white polk a dots
close up

the last two are long dresses; thinking they may be nice to wear to dinner in the dining room. The red one has wider strapes a bit wider than the first dress.

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 03-01-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #133
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh Lordy, I get all flustered even reading about Spring cleaning and cleaning out closets. I started cleaning out our closet this time last year and it seemed to take me forever to get it finished. Now, we have boxes stacked everywhere that are full of wedding stuff so there's no need to even think about Spring cleaning.

How great that you found the dresses in your closet! Looks like you won't have to be doing as much shopping for yourself as you thought.

Can't wait to read all about your cruise plans.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #134
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Oh your cruise is so close Connie!!! And all this talk is getting me so excited for our cruise next year!

I think the dresses you got are great for dinner. And I hear ya on the bathing suit note! I think I may refuse to even put one on this summer!
Old 03-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #135
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Cute dresses, can't wait to see the other things you bought!! What kind of excursions are you thinking of???

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: