Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #91
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Hi Connie, just read all thru your PTR! What an adorable family you have! We are heading to Disney in the beginning of Sept. and staying at POP. We love it there! I think you will really enjoy the DDP. I can't imagine being there without it anymore!

Your DS will love Pirates League! My DS who is 9 now did it the night we went to MNSSHP back in 2009 and had such a great time, he still talks about it! Matter to fact he just asked if I made him an appointment for this trip!

Renting DVC points... I too am thinking of doingthe same thing in April of next year. We are going on the Dream and want to spend a few days in the world before we sail. I looked a BWV too and I was surprised how reasonable it was. For the 2-3 nights we are going to be there before the cruise I think we are going to give it a try, but I'm nervous!
Old 02-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #92
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
I want those hours SOOO bad! I've got a pretty good idea of what we're doing when, but want to see Fantasmic dates and EMH's and such. We will have to purposely run into each other as much as possible... I know I am planning on WCC right before MNSSHP for sure, so that may be another prime opportunity if you guys decide to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
Free dining in July? Wow, I wouldn't have expected that. The good news is once you get one pin, they keep coming! So maybe they'll extend it...
Hey! Kayce

I was reading on Kathy's PTR, Allyn-Caffen, listed a link with the hours that are thought to be published soon. It shows Fantasmic on Thursday night w/MNSSHP on Tue, & Fri and I believe Leanne said they hold one on that Sunday. I check everyday what days WDW has released today they were up to about the 14th...it is taking way too long. they need to just publish it already, don't they know we have some planning to do

It would be nice if they did "free" dining the week we are there, but I highly doubt it since it is the start of the Wine and Food fest.
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #93
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
I can't wait for those Sept/Oct hours either!!!! In less than two weeks I get to see if I can move to the Beach Club. If we don't get it, no worries, but my kids are dying to check out the pool there.

I may be able to talk the family into Garden Grill again. We will usually try anything twice. We enjoy WCC so that's not a hard one to sell either.

I miss you guys!!!
I miss you guys,too!

I hope you guys are able to check out the BC; but, I know a family who would be very happy if you are not able to get in there.

I can't wait for the hours, so we can start planning. It is going to be so much fun hanging with all of you this year. Ashley just did a review about GG on her TR and I think Ashton will be able to find something to eat there and will be so excited to see the characters there.

I should Danny the pictures from WCC and he said that look like a good place to try, so I think the places we are going to do this go round have been chosen now I need times to figure out a schedule.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #94
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Don't ya just HATE that!
yeah, I do but, at least they thought about me even if it was a tease (you think maybe they need us to go in July instead of Sep --maybe the crowds are going to be low...I seem to doubt that is the case

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Catching up on my trip reports and am happy to see that I wasn't too far behind. Did I miss whether or not you booked Hollywood and Vine?

I've seen a thread or two that say free dining is back for 2011. Too bad you couldn't use it. At least you know that you are still getting them. I have yet to receive one single pin!
Lisa, I wonder why you have yet to get a pin. I know you do everything they say to do to try for one. Do you think maybe they are going to your spam folder

No, we have not booked any ADR's as of yet our booking date is April 1st!
Old 02-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #95
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
Connie!!! I just noticed in your post on my thread that you had a PTR!!!!! I am here now. I missed so much!

Congrats on the cruise!!!! You guys will have an awesome time!!!!!
Yippee for POP and saving money and adding extra nights!!!

Dining:
We loved WCC the first time and had a not so wonderful meal last time. Actually the food both times hasnt been very good. We just had an AWESOME server last time and this time we didn't!

OHANA Breakfast is AMAZING. This was our 4th time and everytime it has been amazing and so fun for the kids.

Crystal Palace Breakfast we had again on this trip, 3rd time and it was everyone's FAVORITE meal of the trip!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad that I won't be meeting you in October. Someday our paths will cross I am sure!!
over Nickie,
happy you made it over...not much going on as of yet!
I am so sad that you guys will not be able to join us this go round, I was really looking forward to meeting you and Ashton & the boys! What is he going to do with all those girls?!?

But, I know we will meet someday!

How exciting on your next Disney adventure!! we talked about doing the land/sea thing this year but opted out to do the Carnival cruise for our anniversary and than I talked Danny into the fall Disney trip. You guys are going to have a blast. I am thinking about checking into the Disney cruise to Alaska next year.

thanks! for the dining reviews...I really think we are going to give them all a try...

Old 02-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #96
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Ang,

both your and our trips seem so far away! but, getting to book ADR's on April 1st makes it seem so much more closer!!

I can't wait to try the different places to eat with the DDP, that we normally would not try.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #97
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Hi Connie, just read all thru your PTR! What an adorable family you have! We are heading to Disney in the beginning of Sept. and staying at POP. We love it there! I think you will really enjoy the DDP. I can't imagine being there without it anymore!

Your DS will love Pirates League! My DS who is 9 now did it the night we went to MNSSHP back in 2009 and had such a great time, he still talks about it! Matter to fact he just asked if I made him an appointment for this trip!

Renting DVC points... I too am thinking of doingthe same thing in April of next year. We are going on the Dream and want to spend a few days in the world before we sail. I looked a BWV too and I was surprised how reasonable it was. For the 2-3 nights we are going to be there before the cruise I think we are going to give it a try, but I'm nervous!
I'm so happy you decided to join me in our planning...
thank you for the family compliments! we did enjoy our stay at the POP last year; we were really looking forward to staying at POFQ (DH's favorite), but when I made the orginal reservations they did not have anything with the pin I was using. Lisa makes CBR sound so nice, and DH loves the beach so much that I thought that would be fun to try, and we were looking forward to it. But, when I decided to add a night and realized I could add a night and a day to the DDP and save $150; you didn't need to convince me. We loved the POP and with gas prices going up... we are still in Disney, right

One of the other dissers I mentioned renting DVC points too said she does it and has no problems with it. I really like the idea of giving it a try one year. But, I have yet to upgrade to a mod... If Disney was the only trip we did in a year I would probably splurge but I try to spread the fun to other places throughout the year.

I'm off to go sub to your PTR. can't wait to read all about the fun you guys have planned....

Old 02-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #98
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
I'm so happy you decided to join me in our planning...
thank you for the family compliments! we did enjoy our stay at the POP last year; we were really looking forward to staying at POFQ (DH's favorite), but when I made the orginal reservations they did not have anything with the pin I was using. Lisa makes CBR sound so nice, and DH loves the beach so much that I thought that would be fun to try, and we were looking forward to it. But, when I decided to add a night and realized I could add a night and a day to the DDP and save $150; you didn't need to convince me. We loved the POP and with gas prices going up... we are still in Disney, right

One of the other dissers I mentioned renting DVC points too said she does it and has no problems with it. I really like the idea of giving it a try one year. But, I have yet to upgrade to a mod... If Disney was the only trip we did in a year I would probably splurge but I try to spread the fun to other places throughout the year.

I'm off to go sub to your PTR. can't wait to read all about the fun you guys have planned....

This will be our second time staying at POP and I hope we enjoy it just as much as we did the last time. I too wanted to give POFQ a try. but when I priced it out it was over $1000 more for the week. Suffice to say I was ok with POP. We did slurge for our December trip and stay the Animal Kingdom Lodge! It was incedible! Devon just asked me last night if we could stay there before our cruise again!

Do you know who this fellow Disser rents points from? I was looking at Dave's DVC rentals (I think that's the name) but I'm open to look into other rental places as well... I'm hoping to rent points before the cruise at either, BWV or BCV, but now that Dev mentioned staying at AKL again, I'd be up to give Kindani a try. We'll see, I have plenty of time to think about that!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:03 AM   #99
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I didn't realize you had started this. I'm here now, but I'll be honest and mostly scanned the reading so far.

Here are my thoughts...take them for whatever...

Doing breakfasts on the dining plan is NOT a good way to use credits. You may not break even if you plan a lot of breakfasts. So if you can, pya OOP for 1 or 2 if you must do breakfasts. I HIGHLY recommend HDDR. Again, if you can fit it in and don't want to use credits, pay OOP. But it is fabulous and I'm sure Ashton will be mesmorized with it. Claire LOVES this show.
We love WCC for dinner. It was fun and the ood was pretty good. The ribs were jsut OK, but it's because I don't like Disney BBQ sauce. The cowboys bean are awful, but the rest of the food we had was really good. They include shakes with the dining plan too, and they were awesome!
We are doing Sea World this year, so hopefully when we get back you can see what we thought of it.
We have done Garden Grill, and enjoyed it. I think the menu has slightly changed since then though. The food wasn't fabulous, but was OK. The characters were GREAT. WE had the 1st ADR for dinner, and we saw the characters several times.
If I were to do Ohana, I would do dinner. I think the food looks good and it is a great used of the plan credits.
Have you thought of Prime Time at all. I hear it is a hoot, but we haven't made it there yet.
We have done CP dinner twice and really enjoyed it. The food was good and it's right there in the MK. It's a nice break in the day
and we were in and out fairly fast as well.
I'm sure if you are like me, your plans will change about 100 more times!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #100
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Hi, Connie. Just wanted to pop in to say hi since I've been off and on for over a week. But I'm back now.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #101
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Hey Connie

Just popping in to say hi, been gone but all caught up now. Can't wait to get our planning going!!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #102
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

she said Dave's rental was great and sorry I do not know the name of the person she uses. But, I have read several TR's where people used the dis to hook up with people. But, I was looking into Dave's, too. He made it soooooo easy to figure out the fees with my dates
Old 02-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #103
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I didn't realize you had started this. I'm here now, but I'll be honest and mostly scanned the reading so far.

Here are my thoughts...take them for whatever...

Doing breakfasts on the dining plan is NOT a good way to use credits. You may not break even if you plan a lot of breakfasts. So if you can, pya OOP for 1 or 2 if you must do breakfasts. I HIGHLY recommend HDDR. Again, if you can fit it in and don't want to use credits, pay OOP. But it is fabulous and I'm sure Ashton will be mesmorized with it. Claire LOVES this show.
We love WCC for dinner. It was fun and the ood was pretty good. The ribs were jsut OK, but it's because I don't like Disney BBQ sauce. The cowboys bean are awful, but the rest of the food we had was really good. They include shakes with the dining plan too, and they were awesome!
We are doing Sea World this year, so hopefully when we get back you can see what we thought of it.
We have done Garden Grill, and enjoyed it. I think the menu has slightly changed since then though. The food wasn't fabulous, but was OK. The characters were GREAT. WE had the 1st ADR for dinner, and we saw the characters several times.
If I were to do Ohana, I would do dinner. I think the food looks good and it is a great used of the plan credits.
Have you thought of Prime Time at all. I hear it is a hoot, but we haven't made it there yet.
We have done CP dinner twice and really enjoyed it. The food was good and it's right there in the MK. It's a nice break in the day
and we were in and out fairly fast as well.
I'm sure if you are like me, your plans will change about 100 more times!
Jen
I was thinking the other day it was funny I had not heard from you
the real planning should really start for me this coming week as the hours should finally be coming out.

Thank you for your input on all the resturants. The reason we are choosing so many breakfast at this point is that I am still in the mindset that I DO NOT want to plan my day around an ADR. Also, like Ohana and Tusker house they only have character breakfast. Because Ashton is still so young and believes the magic still I want to be sure to really play it up for him as much as I can. Danny and I also like to have big breakfast and skip lunch (or just a small snack) and than dinner when we do the park

It does make sense what you mention about getting the most for your buck by doing the dinner's, but you know breakfast last year cost us right under $100 OOP last year.

I can't wait to hear what Claire thinks about Seaworld, I am still hoping to fit that in this year.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:43 PM   #104
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Hi, Connie. Just wanted to pop in to say hi since I've been off and on for over a week. But I'm back now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Hey Connie

Just popping in to say hi, been gone but all caught up now. Can't wait to get our planning going!!
Hello ladies! thank you for popping in!!
Kathy, I know your life has been so busy! I am just very happy for you that things are falling into place and with wonderful news each time.

Mary, sounds like you and Jeff have been having some grown up fun
we have not done that since Dayne was a year old, WOW! so that would be waaaaaayyyy back in 1993. Think it may be time to add that back to our traveling agenda.

HOURS SHOULD BE OUT NEXT WEEK!
and so the REAL PLANNING CAN FINALLY BEGIN!

I did read Allyn's (Caffen) msg on Kathy's PTR and pulled up the tentaive hours, it did mention that Fantasmic is Thursday night so that looks to be our DHS night.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:25 AM   #105
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
she said Dave's rental was great and sorry I do not know the name of the person she uses. But, I have read several TR's where people used the dis to hook up with people. But, I was looking into Dave's, too. He made it soooooo easy to figure out the fees with my dates
Good to know!!! Yes, I love his site! Very easy to use. As soon as our SEpt trip comes and goes... I'm on to planning all the aspects around the cruise... DEFINITELY looking into renting DVC.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: